Chapter 5

Your Eyes On Me

Sohee's POV

I went to the cafeteria with my friends and we sat on our usual table. I glanced over the noisy group of people and I was right. The seven popular guys in our school are already on their table munching on snacks and fooling around. And not just the seven of them. I can see Jung Hanhae and Song Minho with them, and a few other girls. Hmm... I didn't know they are close with those two. Is there a rule in this school that all the popular good-looking guys need to hang-out with each other? That will make it easier for girls to flock around them.

"Yana!" Jaehyo called Hayana and seems like he is inviting her to go to their table.

Hayana put down her tray of food beside mine and went to Jaehyo. She talked to him before giving him a peck on the lips and went back to us. She sat beside me and started opening her sandwich.

"Looks like someone is not being too clingy today." Junhee teased.

"I'm with you first and I don't feel like it hanging around with his friends' girls of the week." Hayana shrugged and continued eating.

I glanced back at the group and checked who the girls are.

Yukwon is definitely dating a girl from the other class named Jeon Jiyoon just by looking at how close they are together. Jiyoon's friend Kim Hyuna is all over Jiho, even feeding him. And I thought he likes Minhyuk's sister...

And speaking of Minhyuk, I saw him wrapping his arm around Nam Jihyun's waist. Their other friends Heo Gayoon and Kwon Sohyun are also there flirting with the other guys.

I just scoffed and went back to eating my sandwich. Don't these people have respect for girls? They are changing them like they are just changing their clothes. And these girls... they would still date them even if the guys already have a reputation of breaking every girl's heart. Are they even thinking on what they do?

"I didn't know Jiho has the brains." Yull interrupted my thoughts.

"Yeah. It's so shocking for him to get a perfect score on that test. Even Sohee didn't get all the answers right." Junhee added.

Hayana narrowed her eyes on me. "He's your seatmate, right? Don't tell me..."

I widened my eyes. "Yah! No!!! I did not let him copy my answers."

"But you two seem to be close since you became seatmates." Hayana said.

"Never in the world would I let someone copy from me. I might get caught!"

"Oh right, right. She didn't even help me last year when I was stuck solving our Math exam." Junhee pouted. 

"But the thing is... Minhyuk got a perfect score as well..." I mumbled.

"That's pretty expected of him." Hayana shrugged.

"What are you saying? He didn't even study!" I complained.

"Well... He's doing good back in grade school with all his subjects until seventh grade happened. I don't know why but maybe he realized that he needs to get good grades for college so he's going back to his intelligent self now." Hayana said.

"But he's still getting good grades even now. It's just that... it's the first time he got a score higher than Sohee." Yull said. "He was my seatmate back in 10th grade and he used to say that he didn't study but he's still getting good marks. Actually, always having only one mistake in all exams that seemed too...intentional? I mean, he was always like that and..." Yull trailed off and covered with her hands. "Oops, sorry. I got carried away with the conversation. I wasn't supposed to tell that to others." She softly slapped her face.

"What do you mean 'wasn't supposed to tell that to others'?" Junhee raised an eyebrow and went nearer Yull.

"Actually..." She fiddled with her fingers. "It was a secret between Minhyuk and I. He doesn't want other people to know about his grades. It just happened that I used to always take a peek on his returned papers." She made an awkward chuckle. "So... you know what to do. Keep your mouth shut and pretend you didn't hear anything from me."

"He's probably a genius and doesn't want to look like one." Junhee said.

Yull and Hayana nodded their heads in agreement.

"Maybe... I wouldn't be that surprised since his sister is the one and only Lee Aeri." Hayana pointed out.

Yeah. Lee Aeri. The girl that everyone in this school looks up to. She's a year lower than me and a lot of our teachers are always comparing us. They always say that we seemed like the counterpart of each other. I'm the Sohee from our batch and she's the Aeri from hers. She is good in all her subjects. Maybe our only difference is that she is way too pretty and popular compared to me. I just excel in academics. She excels in everything. Every girl wants to be her, or envies her. Almost every guy wants to be her boyfriend. I think if she is not Lee Minhyuk's sister, she will be hated by other girls a lot.

"Speaking of Lee Aeri..." Junhee whispered.

The four of us looked up to the cafeteria's entrance and she walks in alone. I don't think she has any other friend in her batch besides her bestfriend, and maybe because girls only use her to get to her brother and his friends so she just decided to stay away from them. She walks right past her brother's table and stopped to look back. She glanced at the girl beside Minhyuk before facing him. Minhyuk looked at her and he has this what-do-you-want face. Aeri rolled her eyes before she went to a table where Yang Yoseob, her bestfriend, is sitting.

Then all of a sudden, Jiho sat beside her grinning like an idiot. He followed her there, leaving a pissed Hyuna behind. Jiho seems like he is now showing off his perfect score to her.

"Do you really think they are just bestfriends?" Junhee inquired out of nowhere. "They actually looked perfect for each other."

"Yeah. Erase Jiho on that scene and you'll definitely see a cute couple." Hayana noted.

"And what the hell is Jiho doing there, ruining a perfect moment?!" Yull complained. 

"Showing off his perfect score in our test." I rolled my eyes. "I think they had a study session before our History exam."

'So that's why..." Junhee said. "But isn't it awkward to have someone a year lower than you as your tutor?"

"He doesn't care. Jiho likes her." I added.

"No way!!! He can just stay with Hyuna and leave Aeri alone with Yoseob." Yull said.

"Don't worry, Minhyuk won't approve." 

Suddenly, the bell rang telling all the students that lunchbreak is over and it is time to go back to their homerooms as classes will now resume. It is also a signal for Yeonju to wake up from her nap. She fell asleep quickly once we got there in the cafeteria! Nothing new...

"Did something interesting happen during lunchbreak?" Yeonju asked while rubbing her eyes.

 


Hehe... just a bit about Lee Minhyuk's sister. I used an OC here. Actually, she's the girl in my other stories because I don't know anyone so perfect to fit the character of a girl who The Almighty Zico likes >.< 

Don't forget to sub, comment, and upvote (if you like the story :3 ) Give me some love hahaha <3