Chapter 19

Your Eyes On Me

Aeri's POV

"You what?!" I exclaimed at my brother after telling me the most absurd thing he could do.

"I called Yoseob to meet you at the cafe near the school later at 5:30. I told him that he can bring you on a date."

"Why?" I folded my arms in front of me and raised an eyebrow.

"Well... I think you guys need to level up your relationship. People are thinking that you two will make a really great couple. You just need time to realize your feelings. Also, it's not a secret that he really likes you." Minhyuk oppa sat comfortably on the couch.

"You do know that I like someone else." I glared at him.

He sighed. "I don't like that someone else for you. Yoseob is so much better."

"This is my life we're talking about here. I know that you're doing this because you had a fight with Jiho. Don't make me involved in your stupid actions!" 

"Don't raise your voice to me!" He stood up with anger on his face. "I'm still your older brother. You should have respect to me and listen to what I'm telling you!"

"Yeah. So clever, huh? Setting me up on a date with my best friend in a cafe where Jiho works." I laughed sarcastically.

"So that bastard won't keep his hopes up in you." He smirked.

I clenched my fists. "Don't call him bastard!"

"So protective, huh?"

I sighed. "Look, oppa! I don't want this to ruin our relationship. You're becoming too irrational."

"Wh-"

I cut him off before he could even say a word. "Let's have a deal."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Prom will be in three weeks. If you get Sohee to be your prom date, I will consider Yoseob. If she goes with the other Minhyuk guy, you need to swallow your pride and fix things with Jiho, Kyung, and the others. You need to mend your broken friendship." I took out my pinky finger to lock the deal.

"That's absurd." He rolled his eyes.

"Come on. I don't want to fight with you anymore." He just looked at my finger.

"Oppa!" I said in a really cute voice, and that made him agree to our deal.

"Fine."

I smiled as our fingers intertwined. I will make sure Sohee will not agree to be your prom date.

 

B-bomb's POV

That girl. Aish! She really knows how to make me agree to her.

I shook my head as I walk outside our house to clear my mind and also think about how to ask Sohee to prom. She is not like any other girls who would easily fall for my charms... but hey! This is Lee Minhyuk, the Almighty B-bomb, that we're talking about! I know I can make any girl swoon over me!!!

I passed by an ice cream shop and accidentally saw two figures sitting near the glass window. I squinted my eyes and I couldn't believe who I saw.

Sohee.

And Heota.

Smiling to each other while eating ice cream.

I decided to go inside and eavesdrop to them. I bought my favorite ice cream flavor and sat near them, close enough to hear their conversation but far enough for them not to notice me.

"So you're friends with Jiho and Kyung?" Sohee asked.

"Yeah. I haven't told you that I lived here before." Heota answered.

Sohee giggled making Heota looked at her with an eyebrow raised.

"What's funny?"

"It just doesn't look like you will get along with those guys, especially Jiho."

Heota scrunched up his eyebrows this time. "Why?"

"You know... Jiho looks like those delinquent gangsters that people don't want to associate with. And you, on the other hand, looks so preppy and nice. You're like the typical boy-next-door that any girl would want to introduce to their moms."

Heota chuckled. "I don't know if you're complimenting me or what..."

"It's a compliment!!!" Sohee argued playfully and took a huge spoonful of ice cream.

Heota stared at her before she realized it. "Hey, is there something on my face?"

He smiled at her. "Yeah. You have ice cream on the side of your lips."

Before Sohee could even take a tissue to clean it, Heota already leaned on the table and wiped it with his thumb. Sohee blushed at the contact and made her heart beat faster. He looked at her in the eyes before pulling away.

There was awkward silence before he faked a cough to break it. "Sohee, you know that prom will be in three weeks, right?" He asked.

"Uhmm... yeah." She answered, but still not looking at him.

"I just want to ask you if... if you can be my... date?" Heota looked at Sohee with hopeful eyes.

With the question thrown, Sohee's cheeks blushed again. It's the first time that a guy straightforwardly asked her out. Her gaze turned to the guy in front of him. She opened to say something but he beat her to it.

"I'm not in a rush. You can think about it first. But I hope you will consider."

"O-Okay."

He gave her an eye smile. "Come on. Finish your ice cream right away so we can go home. Your parents might be looking for us already." He said, trying to change the topic.

PLEASE SAY NO. I glared at my ice cream when I heard Heota asking Sohee to be his prom date. I need to be fast or I will lose the deal with my sister.

 

But deep inside of me...

I miss the old friendship I had with the guys.