Chapter 1

Your Eyes On Me

Sohee's POV

It's the first day of classes. I'm already a 12th grader this year, and will soon be in college. Everyone is expecting me to enter a prestigious university as I'm always on the top of our class. I will admit it. I am an A student. 

"Sohee!" Someone called me. I turned around from looking at the classroom window to the direction of the voice. It's Junhee. She is my bestfriend and we have known each other since childhood. It seems like no one can separate us. She is also one of the top-performing students here in our class. She has a twin brother. I saw her walking towards where I am seated with our other friends, Hayana and Yull. 

Hayana has this angelic face that by looking at her, anyone can tell that she is such a nice girl. Well, that would be the first impression. I can say that she can be the worst when you messed up with her. Academic-wise, she is an average student. She is part of my small circle of friends, but she is a party girl. I don't even know how we became so close given our differences in lifestyle. 

Yull is like our mother. She is so caring with us, and the one who takes care of Hayana when she gets drunk. Hayana has this habit of going to Yull's apartment after partying in a club because, one, her parents have no idea about her night life that she makes excuses on doing some "group project", and two, Yull lives alone since her parents are both working overseas and she is an only child. Such an independent girl, I can say.

"Hi! Nice to see you after the vacation." I greeted them as they approached me. Junhee pulled a chair beside me and sat down. Hayana sat on my desk while Yull just stood up. "Where's Yeonju?" I asked them.

Yeonju is such a pretty innocent girl who can charm any guy he wants although she seems like not paying attention to guys who ask her out. She would rather sleep than go on a date, as she would always say.

"She's still not here." Hayana said. "A usual, she's late again." We laughed at her comment.

It is true. Because Yeonju is fond of sleeping, she can't go to class, or any other appointments, on time.

"Uh-oh." Hayana looked up at the door. "Seems like the seven of them will be in our class this year." She whispered.

I turned to look at what she saw, and there they are. The seven of them. The seven guys who can melt every girl's heart in this school.

The first one who leads the way with a smirk is Woo Jiho. He is good in arts. I heard that he can draw a person's caricature in just a minute. It is my first time being classmates with him. I know him because, well, everyone in this school knows him. The most popular guy. Almost every girl I know had dreamed of being with him, and he takes advantage of that. He dates every girl he can date, but dumps them after he get what he wants.

Next to him is his bestfriend, Park Kyung. I have been classmates with him ever since I started schooling. He is a math prodigy. I may be the top student in the class but I can never beat him in Mathematics. He can be lazy oftentimes, though. He is also the class clown.

Then there is Jaehyo, the pretty one. He looks more like a girl than a guy. He can be too conceited at times. And, he is Hayana's current boyfriend. Actually, they are together since 9th grade but are always having small fights. These two have a love-hate relationship, but I always hope they will end up together. They will be the sweetest couple when they are together, but they are like complete enemies when they had an argument. The funny thing is they always get mad at each other about very small things. One time, they argued because Hayana used Jaehyo's BB Cream and lost it. Such a childish couple.

Beside Jaehyo is Jihoon. He is a cutie, though his voice is the opposite. He has this low and rough voice that is so annoying when he does aegyo. And, he always does that, especially in front of Yeonju. I think he likes her, though he is afraid of being rejected given all the guys Yeonju had said "No" to.

Taeil, Junhee's twin brother is also part of their group. He is the nicest one among them, and also the most quiet. Junhee and I got closer than her brother because they are complete opposites. Taeil is a shy type person who doesn't talk much, while Junhee is the most talkative person and the friendliest one I have ever known. Besides that, their parents separated five years ago, and Junhee lives with their mom while Taeil is with their father. They don't even share the same family names. Junhee decided to have their mother's name instead of her father's. The weird thing is, they live just three blocks away from each other. Thus, they still attend the same school.

Then, the smiling guy behind him is Yukwon. He is so charming and cute and hot at the same time. He looks so innocent with his smile but he is known as one of the biggest playboys here in school. His longest relationship? One month.

And then, beside Yukwon is his bestfriend, and the man of my dreams, Lee Minhyuk. I have been crushing on him since 8th grade, and we are classmates since 7th grade. He looks so mysterious and so composed everytime. He loves to dance, and he can play the piano. He also has a cute dimple on his left cheek that shows when he smiles. Though, he doesn't smile often. He looks really really handsome especially when his dimple shows. However, like his bestfriend, he is also a playboy. For him, girls have their expiration date. That is, a week. It is so weird that a girl like me, Kwon Sohee The Achiever Girl, will like him, but maybe, his badboy charms made me more attracted to him. 

"Yah! Sohee!" Junhee waved her hand in front of me. "Are you okay?"

"Maybe she's staring at Minhyuk again~" Hayana teased.

I immediately covered when she said that, fearing that someone else might hear. I looked around the classroom and no one seemed to notice or hear what she said so I released Hayana after that. "Don't say that again. Someone might hear." I glared at her.

She gave me a smirk. "Why don't you just tell him? He won't notice a girl who is just staring from afar when a lot of other s are always around him."

I rolled my eyes.

"Watch your words, Yana." Yull scolded her.

"Hey, Yeonju!" Junhee suddenly beamed seeing Yeonju entering the classroom.

She walked towards us and greeted us with a smile. "Hi! Good morning~" Yeonju placed her bag on the desk in front of me and sat down on the chair, facing us. "I'm not late today!" She cheerfully said.

"Yeah. You're early by 2 minutes." Junhee looked at her watch. "Not bad."

"At least." Yeonju said.

The bell rang, meaning it's officially the start of the school year. Everyone in the classroom settled in their chosen seats. After a few minutes, our teacher entered the classroom. He looks like a new one here because of his young appearance compared to other teachers and it is the first time I have seen him.

"Good morning!" He said while smiling brightly. "I will be your class adviser this school year, and I hope we will get along with each other. My name is Shin Jaemin. You can call me Teacher Shin." He looks really friendly and I can see his dimples when he smiles. "So, now, I'll have a roll call first and will arrange your seats according to my prepared seat plan. I want girls to be seated beside boys. Alternate, okay? So you don't just sit with your friends. You are 12th graders now. You must learn how to get along with other people."

Everyone started to vacant their seats to wait for their names to be called. I saw Yukwon hi-fiving Minhyuk. I think they like Teacher Shin's idea of sitting beside girls. The typical playboys.

After everyone stood up, Teacher Shin started arranging our seats. "Jung Hanhae. Sit here in front."

"Kim Junhee. Beside him."

"Then, Lee Taeil."

I saw that Taeil gave her sister a small smile before sitting beside her. It feels like they are still awkward with each other. Teacher Shin continued calling names and he already started with the second row.

"Pyo Jihoon."

"Kim Yeonju, beside him."

I don't know if Teacher Shin is doing it on purpose, or it just happened by chance that he got Taeil and Junhee, as well as Jihoon and Yeonju sit beside each other. I hope he will let me sit down beside Minhyuk. I'm crossing my fingers.

"Song Minho."

"Im Yuri."

That's Yull. It is a very long time since I heard her real name because she prefers to be called Yull.

"Park Kyung."

Teacher Shin continued calling names. Only a few students are not yet seated, including me and Minhyuk. That means, more chances of us sitting together. I smiled.

"Woo Jiho. Fourth row."

"Kwon Sohee." I went to sit beside Jiho. He gave me his usual smirk. I smiled back, being friendly.

"Lee Minhyuk."

Oh my God! Really. Teacher Shin. You got that right. Thank you. Thank you so much! This will be one of my happiest days ever.

Minhyuk slumped in his chair beside me, looking like he is already bored. I saw my friends turning their heads to look at me and smiled. Yes, I will be sitting with him for almost one school year!

"Han Seungyeon. Sit beside Minhyuk-sshi."

I glanced at her. She looks like she will start flirting with Minhyuk. I heard that Seungyeon has a crush on him, just like me. She gave Minhyuk a flirty smile and said hi. Minhyuk looked at her from head to toe before smirking. 

I sighed and turned to look at Teacher Shin instead. He is now calling students to sit on the row behind us.

"Kim Yukwon."

"Yoon Hayana is next."

"Ahn Jaehyo."

I think Teacher Shin has this incredible match-making abilities. Yeonju and Jihoon. Minhyuk and I. Then, Yana and Jaehyo. He even got the twins to sit beside each other. Great, Teacher Shin. I am starting to like you as our new adviser.


Just an introduction about the characters. :D

I hope that a lot will subscribe and comment.
Come on Vollers and BBC~!! <3