Dinner

Endless Love

Ever since they finally met, Hyoyeon as been quiet the whole time. She goes out the balcony in deep thoughts. 

" Hey . Is something wrong? You've been like this for the whole day. " Taeyeon asked as she went beside Hyoyeon. 

" I finally saw him today. " She looked at Taeyeon , " after 6 years without seeing him .. "

" what happened ..? " 

" nothing really .. We just awkwardly said hi ... Like nothing kinda happened.. "

" wow .. That jerk .. It's his fault why yo- " 

" He met Kai though .. " Hyoyeon put a small smile , " they look the same. " 

" Hyoyeon... Do you.. Do you still have feeling for him?" Taeyeon slowly asked. 

Hyoyeon hesitated to say, " Aniyo... My feelings were gone a long time ago. " I cant love him again... She thought. 

Taeyeon knows her sister, she knows how she lies all the time. " Im not saying that you still love him, but if you do... Be careful Hyoyeon. " 

Before Hyoyeon could say something, Jessica went outside the balcony, " Are you guys ready? C'mon lets go! Its time for dinnnner!" She said eagerly as she ran downstairs with Kai following behind her. 

The Kim sisters laugh at their cousin as they go downstairs. They meet up with Wooyoung, Kai, and Jessica downstairs. Everyone could tell that Jessica was excited to see Donghae again because this was the first time they saw Jessica move before them. Five of them briefly walk to their neighbor that was beside Wooyoung and Taeyeon's house. They rang the doorbell as they waited. 

" Oh!" Hyoyeon yelled surprising everyone, " I forgot my phone." She said checking her purse, " I'll be right back. Tae come with me!" She said as she dragged her sister along with her. 

As soon as the Kim sisters leave, a small and woman with short, blonde hair opens the door, " Oh! Annyeonghaseyo! You must our new neighbor." She smiled. " Come inside." 

The three went inside, " Thanks you." Wooyoung said. 

" Im Soon-Kyu, but I usually go with Sunny. " She introduced herself. 

" Im Jessica. " She smiled, " And this is my cousin's fiance, Wooyoung, " He gave a small smile as he bowed, "  and my other cousin's son, Kai. " He bowed as well. 

" My real name is actually Kim Jongin, but like noona said, I go with Kai.. " He smiled. 

Sunny kneeled down to match Kai's height, " Awe, arent you a real cutie." She smiled at him. 

Kai gave her his gummy smile that happened to look familiar to Sunny. Before she could say anything, Dongahe came in. 

" Hey, Jessica- sshi! Hey Wooyoung-sshi!" Donghae came from the kitchen. He kneeled down to match Kai's height and smile at him, " And you must be Kai?" Kai nodded his head proudly. Donghae smiled before getting up, " Why dont we go in the dining room? The food is almost ready. " 

Jessica, Kai, and Wooyoung went into the dining table as Sunny and Donghae went into the kitchen to get the food, " Oppa, doesnt Kai remind you of Hyuk oppa?" Sunny suddenly said. 

" Well... If you think about it, he does actually. He even has that gummy smile of Hyung's. " Donghae said, " you what would be funny? If Kai was like the long lost son of Hyung. " He joked. 

Sunny gave a small laugh, " How old is he anyways and who's his mom?" 

" He's 6 years old and her name is Hyo- " Before he could answer his question, Kai came in. 

" Uh.. Sunny- sshi, Donghae- sshi.. Wheres the washroom?" He awkwardly asked, crossing his legs. 

Sunny and Donghae quietly laugh, " Its in that hallway over there. The first door to the left. " Sunny smiled. 

" Oh okay! Thank you!" 

Before he could go, Donghae said, " By the way, just call us hyung. " 

" And call me noona!" Sunny said. 

" Okay!" Kai said with a thumbs up before running to the washroom. 

The oven finally ' dings ' and Donghae quickly prepares the chicken and brings it in the dining room with Sunny following. Before Sunny could sit down, the doorbell rings, " I'll get it!" She walked to the door. 

" So do you and Sunny live alone here?" Jessica asked. 

" Aniyo, my older cousin too, but you barely see him since he works all day. " Donghae said. 

" What's his name?" Jessica asked. 

" Lee Hyukjae, but he goes by Eunhyuk. " As soon as Donghae said his name, Jessica immediantly dropped her spoon. 

" E-Eunhyuk?" She asked slowly.

Sunny walks to the door to see two short people waiting outside. She opens the door with smile that turned into an 'o' shaped mouth, " Hy-Hyoyeon? Taeyeon?" She gasped. 

Hyoyeon and Taeyeon stopped smiling as soon as they saw Sunny, " S-Sunny..." 

Before Sunny could say anything, Kai came out of the washroom and saw Hyoyeon. " Hey Umma!!!" He ran to Hyoyeon with a hug. 

" UMMA?" Sunny yelled. 

Hyoyeon gave her an awkward smile. 


" Eunhyuk oppa's the father.. right?" Sunny said as Hyoyeon and her went inside the playroom. 

Hyoyeon was shocked that she found out so soon, " H- how did you know...?" 

" Who wouldnt know? Kai and Oppa look exactly the same. Especially when Oppa was a kid.... " Sunny said awkwardly, " why didnt you tell me.. ?"

Hyoyeon sighed, " Well... Look, I've known since your first year in high school and we all know you cant lie.. especially to your family... " 

" Does Kai know? Who his dad is?" 

" No.. I dont usually talk about him anymore.. " She waited for Sunny's reply but she didnt say anything. Hyoyeon decided to continue. " Look, Im really really really sorry. I just cant afford Kai to get hurt, just like wh- " 

" Like what oppa did to you. " Sunny finished her sentence. Sunny gave her a small smile, " Im not mad. To be honest, I wouldve done the same if I were you, but its been 6 years Hyoyeon. Oppa has changed a lot, ever since you left.. He's been really different.. " Sunny said. 

" What do you mean?" 

" He changed from a a fun, childish brother to a serious, workacholic adult.. Sometimes he doesnt even have time for us.. " She said sadly. 

" Im really sorry.. I just- I just didnt k- " 

" Dont worry. Im not mad at you, but you have to promise me that you cant lie to me anymore okay?" Sunny said as she raised her pinky. 

Hyoyeon smiled and locked her pinky with her. " I promise. " 

The two bestfriends hugged, " Now c'mon! I wanna know if my little nephew has my aeygo. " Sunny joked as they headed in the dining room. 


Its 9: 30  at night and Eunhyuk as been working all day. He's been stressing himself for the whole day trying to forget about Hyoyeon and her new family. He's been working for the past 10 hours with fustration. You could hear him groaning as his headache was getting worse. 

" Yah, Eunhyuk!" Siwon entered his office, " Take a break. Your brain is the explode. " He said as he sat down on the couch. 

" Ani, Im fine. " Eunhyuk said without taking his eyes and pen off the paper.  " You should get home, its getting pretty late." 

" Aniyo. YOU should go home. You've been working 10 hours straight without any break, man!" 

" Im okay, dont worry. Im almost done this. " 

" Yeah, you said that 4 hours. " Siwon said rolling his eyes. Eunhyuk stayed focus on his work without saying anything. Siwon couldnt take it anymore so he stood up, went to Eunhyuk, and took his pen. 

" Yah! What are yo-" Before Eunhyuk could finish his sentence, Siwon threw his pen across the room. " Seriously? Siwon, Im not stupid. " He said and open his drawer to get another. Siwon was about to take it but Eunhyuk took it away. " Not this time. " 

" That wasnt my attempt. " Siwon smirked, took his papers and ran to the door. " Dont worry, I'll give this back to you tomorrow. Right now, just go home and rest. Bye!" Siwon smiled and left. 

" Aish. Seriously... " Eunhyuk said as he scratched his head. He sat on the chair staring outside the window. He sighed. " Hyoyeon.. Seeing you moving on, seeing you happy... Why cant I do the same..? " He thought back what he did 6 years ago, how much he regretted it. " I wish I could just go back and stop myself.. " He sat there regretting for 10 minutes before choosing to go home. 


Everyone went outside the patio since it was still bright outside . Everyone catched on about Hyoyeon, Sunny, and Taeyeon, but not about the Eunhyuk and father thing of course. They all talked about what they missed for the past 6 years. The boys were dancing around while the girls just took pictures. 

* Riiiing! * 

" I'll get it!" Donghae said and quickly went inside to open the door. " Oh, hey Hyung!" 

" Hey." Eunhyuk said and went inside. " So wheres the new neighbors?" 

" They're oustide... " Donghae answered. 

" Oh alright. " He walked to the stairs. " Just keep it down okay? Im getting a little headache. I'll be upstairs if you need me. " He said as he walked up the stairs. 

" Dont want to meet them?"

" I'll meet them later, Im just gonna rest for a bit. " 

Donghae went to the kitchen to get some drinks before going back outside. Eunhyuk headed upstairs and into his room. As he looked outside the window, he could see heads moving around, he mostly focused on the blonde head which he thought was Sunnys. " Hmm...Hyoyeon.. " Was all he said. He opened his window to get some fresh. He was about to go his washroom, when he heard a familiar laugh. He quickly went back to his window and tried to see who it was. 

The person was laughing, " Ahahaha, Guys! Smile! Kai! Look here!" 

" Kai...? " He asked himself. 

He ran out of his room and rushed out the back balcony. As he comes out comes out, he could laughing, her laugh. He looks down while praying its her. He sees a simliar small body with long, curly blonde hair. Its her! He thought as he smiled. He was about to go downstairs when he saw Wooyoung and Donghae playing with Kai, he mostly focused on Wooyoung. Oh yeah.. I forgot.. His smile turned into a frown. He was about to go inside when he heard something that made him surprise but yet happy. 

"YAH, WOOYOUNG HYUNG. TAEYEON NOONA'S ASKING IF SHE COULD BORROW YOUR ENGAGMENT RING." Kai yelled. 

Hyung? So his brother? His cousin? Eunhyuk thought. 

" Sure, but why?" Wooyoung asked taking his ring off. 

" They wanna see how our rings match, you know how it becomes a full heart when you put them together?" Taeyeon said. 

" Oh, ahah okay. Here."  He gave it to them, " And thats only the engagement ring, wait til you see the real wedding ring. " Wooyoung bragged. 

Engagement? Hyoyeon isnt married! He smiled widely. He quickly walked downstairs, but then he started to wonder, Then who's Kai's father? Is he adopted or - He stopped his thoughts when he saw Donghae. 

" Yah! Donghae!" He called him in the kitchen, " Who's Kai's dad? Is he here?" 

" He's not here. They dont talk much about him though. I remember I asked her about him and she said that he doesnt have a father and nor she has a husband. " He answered. 

" So is he adopted?" 

" Aniyo. She's still the mom. You really tell she is. They look kinda the same and plus they have like the same exact personality. " 

Eunhyuk smiled but yet felt sorry for both Kai and Hyoyeon since he had no dad and she had no husband to help her. 

" Whats with the questions anyway?" 

" Nothing, I was just curious.. Thanks by the way. " Eunhyuk said and was about to go leave the kitchen when he hears a familiar voice. 

" You?!" A female girl said with a tone. 

Eunhyuk turned around to see Sunny with a small woman with long brown hair, " Taeyeon..." Sunny knew that they should have a talk so she took Donghae by the arm and left them in the kitchen. 

" You guys are finally back." Eunhyuk smiled while Taeyeon was still glaring at him. His smile disappeared to something serious, " Taeyeon.. I know you're pissed at me and you have the right to be, but right now, I just wanna go to Hyoyeon, I have to apolog-" 

" Im not letting you near my sister again, Eunhyuk. " She said with a scary tone that made Eunhyuk nervous, but right now, he didnt care. 

" Please, Taeyeon. Im sorry okay. You have no idea how much I regretted doing that to her, every night I would - " 

" Theres no point in explaining. " She stopped him, " We're going home. " She said as she turned around, but stopped when she realized that Eunhyuk was close to crying as he was kneeling on the ground. 

" Please, Taeyeon. Just give me another chance with Hyoye- "

Taeyeon was shocked, " Eunhyuk.. What are you doing? Ge- " 

" No, please just listen to me.. " He inturrupted her, " Give me another chance with her, please. I'll do anything just to get her back and I promise to never hurt her again." 

" Dont make promises you cant keep. " 

" Thats why I promising you this. Please, I promise you, with my whole life, that I would never ever hurt her again. " Taeyeon didnt say anything. " I regretted what I did to her. Every night I would pray and pray and pray. Pray that she would come back and hopefully, she forgives me. I know that the pain I felt for the past 6 years is nothiing comparing to what I did to Hyoyeon and Im really sorry for that." He said with tears in his eyes. Taeyeon was staring at him with sympathy. 

" Then what about Kai? He is Hyoyeon's son. " Taeyeon tested him though. 

" I'll treat him like he's my own son. I dont care if he's not mine, but I'll treat him like he is. I'll do anything to protect Hyoyeon and her family. " He said with confidence. 

Taeyeon didnt know what else to say. She admits that she believes him but she's afraid that her sister will get hurt, but she also knows how Hyoyeon feels, how she really feels. She hesitated before saying, " I do believe your words, but please, dont ever hurt her again. " 

Before Eunhyuk could say anything, Jessica comes in with her arms cross, " But if you do hurt her again, you have no idea what Im capable of. " She threatened him, " same goes for Kai. " 

" Jessica. " Eunhyuk said and bowed to him. He remembers her from 6 years ago. Months before he visited America, Jessica came to visit the Kim family.  Eunhyuk bowed to the two and left the kitchen. 

" You were there the whole time?" Taeyeon asked as they both walked out of the kitchen and to the patio. 

" Yeah, I wa-" She stopped when they saw Eunhyuk standing in front of the door, hesitating to open it.

" What are you doing?" Taeyeon asked him. 

" You guys go first, I kinda forgot my uh ph-" Eunhyuk tried to make an excuse but Jessica pushed him outside. 

Everyone looked at Taeyeon and Jessica who were walking out and Eunhyuk who was getting up. " Oh- Uh Hi guys.. " 

" Heeey! Ajhussi, I saw you in the store earlier!" Kai yelled running to him. 

" Oh, hey Kai" Eunhyuk smiled at him and then looked at Hyoyeon who gave him a small and awkward smile. " Hey.. Hyoyeon. " He greeted her with a small smile. 

" Eunhyuk. " She forced a smile. 

" Hey, hyung! Come play with us. " Donghae yelled from their small basketball court. " Its 2 vs 1 right now and im losing really bad. " He whined. Eunhyuk stared at Hyoyeon before going to Donghae and them. 

" Hyoyeon, you're okay with this right?" Taeyeon asked. 

" Yeah, dont worry about it. " Hyoyeon smiled. " Im not mad at him anymore. It'll be fine. I forgave him already. " She said as she stared at Eunhyuk who was walking with Kai. 

I hope you really did... Sunny thought.

Stop doing this to yourself.. Hyoyeon..  Taeyeon thought. 

Hyoyeon... Jessica thought. 


" Im just going to the washroom. " Hyoyeon told the girls as she got up and went inside.

" Im getting some water. You guys wants some?" Eunhyuk asked after playing basketball. The boys shook their heads and continued to play as he went inside. 

2 minutes later, Eunhyuk was about to go outside when he noticed Hyoyeon looking at some pictures in the hallway. He closed his eyes and sighed quietly before going to Hyoyeon. 

" Hey.. " He greeted her. 

" Hey.. " Hyoyeon said smiling at pictures. The two of them were quiet for a second until she decided to make the second move, " So.. Nice pictures you got here. " She said as went through all the frames. She stopped at the one with Eunhyuk and smiled a little, " I remember this, it was the time when you won your first dance competition. "

" Oh yeah. " Eunhyuk smiled. He was happy that she remembered some things about him. 

" Do you still dance?" 

" Aniyo, I stopped. " 

Hyoyeon was surprised at first because back then he was the Dancing Machine. " Why did you stop?" 

" Honestly?" Eunhyuk asked and recieved a nod from Hyoyeon, " Because of you. " He said. 

Hyoyeon stayed quiet for a second. She cleared , " Uh- Im gonna go outside now. I'll see you there." She said, but before she left, Eunhyuk gently held her hand, which made Hyoyeon shocked. She realized how much she missed his touch. 

" Im really sorry for wha- " He started but was stopped. 

" Its okay. I already forgave you. " She forced a smile, " Forgive and a forget right?" She said before leaving. She wanted to leave as soon as possible to not make things more awkward. 

Forgive and forget? Does that mean you forgot about us? He saidly thought as he slowly followed Hyoyeon outside. 

 

 

 

 

 

Heeeey! Yeah its kind of a boring chapter but dont worry, next chapter, everything will start! Give you a hint : Eunhyuk finds out Kai is his son! Stay tuned!!! : )