My promises

Endless Love

Days passed and Gyuri still hasnt been caught yet. Kai's burns and arm is slowly healing, but he still is having dreams about Gyuri. Hyoyeon's shoulder is healing, but her heart hasnt. Eunhyuk is the same as well, he barely comes to see Kai and never sees Hyoyeon. Everyone is still living nervous for the 3 family, since Gyuri is still out there. Everyone tries to covince Eunhyuk into visiting Kai more but he's afraid that Hyoyeon will get mad. 

As for Gyuri, the only reason why she's not coming back is because she heard from a friend that they broke up. She sercretly watched them to make sure everyday. Plus, she couldnt come back right away because the police would protect the family from time to time. 

" Hey, hyuuuuuuukie!" Siwon said with his aegyo as he tried to cheer up Eunhyuk. 

" Dont call me that. " He said as he pushed Siwon away and continued his work.

" I visited Kai today. " He said as Eunhyuk stopped writing for a second but continued to write again. " He keeps asking for you. " 

" Oh .. Tell him, that I cant.. Im too busy. " 

" Busy? Yesterday I saw you walking around the building for like 2 hours with a sad-poker face. " Siwon said back as Eunhyuk ignored him. " Dude, c'mon whats wrong with you? You always give up on the things you love. " He said as he sat on the chair that was infront on Eunhyuk's desk. " First you gave up on Hyoyeon, then your dancing, and now your son?" 

" You dont know what kind of situation Im in. " Eunhyuk said as he continued his work.

" I know exactly what your situation is. " Siwon said." It was like the same situation you were 6 years ago. " He said as Eunhyuk stopped his actions and stared at his papers. " You're af- "

" I dont want to talk about this right now. " He stopped him, " if you have nothing to talk about other than this, can you please leave?" 

Siwon rolled his eyes. " Fine... " He thought for a moment. " OH! To make you feel better, you know what I heard Hyoyeon singing to Kai?" 

Eunhyuk stared at Siwon, " I told you not to talk abo- " He tried to talk but his bestfriend stopped him.

" She was singing that lullaby song. " SIwon smiled as Eunhyuk was surprised but yet happy.

" She still remembers that?" He asked.

" Yuuup! Every single word. " He smiled as he noticed Eunhyuk's emotion. 

" She still remembers .. " He smiled at himself. 

" If you wanna hear her voice, go visit Kai already. " Siwon said as he left his room. 

That day at night, he did visit Kai and he did hear Hyoyeon's voice singing that lullaby. He popped his head between the door and the door frame. He could see Hyoyeon Kai's hair as she sang. 

' Looking at the stars
Staring at the moon
Wishing that could I be there with you
But its okay, its alright
Baby listen to this lullaby
Goodnight, sleep tight
Dream away with me tonight' 

Eunhyuk smiled at her wonderful voice. He was so into her voice that he didnt realize that we was leaning on the door causing it to suddenly open, shocking Hyoyeon.

" Uh- Uh- Sorry about that.. " Eunhyuk quietly said, making sure not to wake up Kai. 

" Its okay. " Hyoyeon weakly smiled. " Good thing you visited, he's been asking a lot for you. "

" Oh.. Im sorry about that, I've been busy lately. " 

Hyoyeon knew he was lying and stood up, " How about you stay here beside Kai for the night. He really misses his dad. " She said as she walks towards the door, " You know, Eunhyuk, just because we broke up .. It doesnt mean you cant see Kai.. " She as she reached the door.

" I know .. " Eunhyuk said without looking at her. She left with a frown. 

An hour later, Eunhyuk has been watching Kai. Making sure, he's comfortable in his sleep. Notcing he was sweating, he goes to the window and opens it. He comes back right away when he notices him twitching as he heard him mummbling. 

" A-appa... Eomma.. E-Eomma .. " Eunhyuk heard him say in his sleep. 

" Kai? Kai?" Eunhyuk called him. 

Kai immediantly shot up as tears started to come out. Eunhyuk immediantly hugs Kai as he cried. " A-appa... Ap-appa... " He cried as he hugged him tighty.

" its okay, Im here. Dont worry. " He comforted his son. 

" Y-you were d-d-dead. A-nd Eomma.. sh- " He tried to talk.

" Shhh, dont talk about, just got to sleep. " Eunhyuk said as he layed him down on his bed. Minutes later, Kai's tears slowly stopped but he wouldnt close his eyes. Eunhyuk was there by his son's side, hugging him as he sang. 

' Missing your face and your touch
Missing your kiss and your love
Missing every little bit and piece of you
Baby would you meet me half way cause Im down for you
Ooo the many things that I would do
Just to feel you, hold you
Man its so hard not to have you here

You're probably sitting like me
Missing you baby, oowee
Promise to listen before you sleep

Looking at the stars
Staring at the moon
Wishing that I could be there with you
But its okay, its alright
Baby listen to this lullaby
Goodnight, sleep tight
Dream away with me tonight. 

The song is like this >>> )  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDPU5xnE1O4

As Eunhyuk sang, Kai stopped crying and focussed on his dad. Kai started to smile as Eunhyuk smiled back while singing. 

" Eomma always sings me that song." Kai said as soon as he was done. " Ever since I was born actually. " 

Eunhyuk smiled, " Well, I was the one who wrote that song for her. I always sang it to her on the phone when she's having trouble sleeping. " He said as he remembered those moments with Hyoyeon. 

" Eomma has a good memory. " Kai slightly smiles.

" Yeah, she does, doesnt she?" Eunhyuk said as Kai nods. " Now go to sleep, you still need to rest. " He said as put the blanket on him. Kai gave him a ' dont-leave-me-look' and held onto his arm. " Dont worry, I'll be by your side. " He smiles at him. 

2 hours later, Hyoyeon came back to check on the boys. She slightly peek through the opening of the door and door frame. She saw Eunhyuk who fell asleep holding Kai's hand. She smiled at the scene and quietly got the blanket from Kai's closet and put it on Eunhyuk. She kissed both the boys on the head before leaving the room. 

Later that night, Eunhyuk wakes up to see the bed empty. He immedianlty woke up as he ran through the hallway. He quietly checked Hyoyeon's room, but he just saw her sleeping alone. Before he could check anymore rooms, he hears glass breaking. He rushed downstairs to see Kai trying to clean up the broken glass.

" Kai. " Eunhyuk called his son causing him to stop. 

" A-appa. Im sorry, I tried to reach for the cup but it fell.. " He sadly said. 

" Aniyo, its okay. " He said as he picked up Kai and put him on the chair, " I'll clean it up. " 

Eunhyuk got a broom and started to clean it up as Kai smiles at him while watching. " Whats with that smile? You look weird. " Eunhyuk joked as he threw away the glass. 

" Eomma said that I have your smile, so doesnt that mean you have a weird smile too?" Kai smiled.

" Be quiet, I have a handsome smile. " Eunhyuk laughed.

" Then I have a handsome smile too. " He said.

" C'mon lets go upstairs, you still have to sleep. " He carried Kai to his room. As he carried him, he noticed that Kai was holding onto him tightly. " Kai? Is something wrong? " 

" Aniyo. " He smiled as Eunhyuk tucked him in bed. " Im just happy that I finally get to see you. " 

Eunhyuk smiled at his son. " Go to sleep, I'll be here the whole night. " He said as Kai smiled back and nodded.

" Sorry about that .. Im just really - "

" Busy? I know.. " His expression turned into sadness.

" Kai .. Dont worry, Im not gonna forget about you. " He said as he brushed his hair. 

" But you're already forgetting about me .. " 

" Aniyo.. its just.. " Eunhyuk didnt know what to say to his son, " I.. I guess its just because I - " 

" Is it because of Eomma? Because you and Eomma arent together anymore..?" He sadly asked. Eunhyuk didnt say anything and avoided eye contact with Kai. " Appa.. When Siwon hyung visited, he told me story about how you and Eomma broke up 6 years ago. " 

" Did he..?" 

" Yeah.. " He slowly said then looked up to Eunhyuk, " Appa.. didnt you say that you werent going to do it again? "

" Do what?" 

" What you did 6 years ago. When you didnt try and just gave up on Eomma.... "  Kai said as Eunhyuk stayed quiet. " You know to be honest, I think you're in the same situation you were in 6 years ago... You gave up on Eomma because you were afraid. Not because you were afraid that she'll reject you but because she'll want you back. You're afraid because once you get Eomma back, she might get hurt again. " 

Eunhyuk sat there, surprised at his sons words, even though he was right. " But you know, Eomma's hurting a lot right now. I always hear and see her cry in the middle of the night. Sometimes I would hear her say your name in her sleep. " Kai said as Eunhyuk was surprised but yet guilty hearing that Hyoyeon is hurt. " Appa, you and I both know that Eomma is probably hurting more than ever right?  She's always like that though... Eomma tries very hard to keep people happy even when she isnt the one who isnt happy... SHe always puts people first than herself actually.. " Kai said with his head down. " You know, Eomma didnt just break up with you just so she could keep me safe.. its because she want us both to be safe. You and me.....She really misses you, Appa. She really wants you back." 

Eunhyuk sat there listening to Kai's words. He was quiet for momen, surprised at his words. He then spoke as he forced a smile. " You know for a little kid, you have a lot to say. " He brushed his hair. 

" Thats all you have to say?" Kai sadly said but deep down, he was disappointed.

" Aniyo.. Kai. " Eunhyuk said, " I love your Eomma, but I have to protect you guys. I promised your Eomma that I would protect you guys, for you guys not to get hurt.  Your Eo-  " 

" But you're breaking you promise right now. " Kai said. " Eomma is hurting bad.

Eunhyuk smiled, " You didnt let me finish. " He said as Kai looked at him confused. " Im never going to break that promise. You and your Eomma are the most important person in my life.  I will never ever let you guys off my sight again. " He smiled as Kai smiled back. 

" Does this mean you and Eomma will be together again?" He asked.

" I'll talk to her first thing tomorrow." Eunhyuk smiled. Kai took that as a yes and hugged his dad. 


Its 7 in the morning and Hyoyeon is already awake. She checks Kai first thing in the morning. She sees him sleeping soundly but frowns when she realized Eunhyuk wasnt there. She was about to go to the washroom when she hears sounds from the kicten downstairs. She takes the closest weapon which was a lamp. She pulls the cord out of the outlet and uses the lamp as a weapon. She slowly walks down the stairs as she was ready to hit someone on the face. As soon as she turns to the kitchen, she bumps into a person causing her close her eyes as she yell and raise the lamp. Before she could put it down, the person blocks and holds her arm.

She opens her eyes to see Eunhyuk. " E-Eunhyuk.. "

" Whats with the lamp?" He lets go of her.

" I-Uh.. I thought someone else was in the house... " She said as put down the lamp on the table. " What are you doing up so early?"

" Kai told me you usually wake up early to make breakfast so I made it instead. "

" Oh.. Thanks.. " 

" And plus, I wanted to talk to you alone. " 

" Oh .. " She said as she awkwardly checked the clock. She pretends to yawn. " Im tired. I think I'll just go ba- " She tried to say as she was heading to the stairs but Eunhyuk grabbed her waist and pulled her close to him. 

They looked at each other in the eyes. " E-Eunhyuk.. W-what are y-you doing..?" She stuttured.

" I love you, Hyoyeon.. " He started, " And I know you love me too. You love me too much that you're willing to hurt yourself to protect me. "

" Eunhyuk.. We shouldnt.. We ca- " Hyoyeon tired to speak but she didnt know what to say. 

" I made a promise that I would never let my family get hurt. I already broke that promise once and Im not going to do it again. Hyoyeon, it hurts to you like this, sad, depressed... scared.. " He said without taking his eyes of her. " Im like that too. Im sad because you guys got hurt. Im depressed because you guys arent by my side anymore.  Im scared that you and Kai might get hurt again.. Im scared that I might lose you guys. im scared that Gyuri might come back.... But when Im with you, I noticed all that is gone. " He paused to let Hyoyeon talk but she didnt say anything. " Hyoyeon, i regretted not trying 6 years ago and Im not going to do that again.  Im going to stay here by your side til the end. " He said as he pulled her into a hug. 

Hyoyeon was surprised at his words and action. Eunhyuk was afraid that she might just push him away but to his surprise, she didnt. Instead he felt arms wrapped around his waist. She relaxed in his arms as she hugged him tighter. " Thank you.. For everything. " She whispered as her head was on his chest.

" To keep you happy. " He whispered back. When Eunhyuk was going to let go, Hyoyeon hugged him tighter. He smiled at her actions, " Hyo.. You can let go now. " 

" Wae? Now you're telling me to let go of you?" She joked as she pouted.

" Aniyo, I didnt mean it like that. " He said and took her hands off his waist. " I want you to let go of me, so I can kiss you. " He smiled as he pulled her into a kiss. Hyoyeon of course kissed back as she felt his chest through his shirt. She gave him one more kiss before gently pushing him away. 

" Move, I have to make breakfast, they might not like yours. " She joked and headed to the kitchen.

" Wait, Hyo!" He called as Hyoyeon turned around smiled. " Just one more thing. "

" What?" She asked. 

Eunhyuk walked towards her. He kneeled down as he held her hand. " Will you marry me?" He looked at her in the eye.

" Eunhyuk.. " Was all she could say.

" I know its so sudden.. especially with Gyuri still there.. But Hyoyeon.. I need you in my life. I cant bare to lose you and Kai. I wanna be there to protect you. I wanna be there when you wake up, I wanna be there when you sleep. I wanna be there when you laugh, when you smile, when you cry. I wanna be there for you 24/7, Hyoyeon. " He said, " So, Kim Hyoyeon, will you marry me?" 

Hyoyeon covered with his hand because of shock. Her tears were coming out as she stared at Eunhyuk. She slowly held Eunhyuk's hand as she signaled him to get up. He slowly got up, waiting for her answer. She hugged him and tight before talking, " Im sorry.. But now right now.. " She slowly said. Hyoyeon could feel his chest go up and go down with a big sigh. " But I still wanna marry you, Hyuk. I still wanna be with you my whole life. " She said. 

Eunhyuk took her hands off his neck. Then he took off his wooden cross necklace. He went behind Hyoyeon and spoke, " Before I put this on, promise me that you'll marry me. That you, Kai and I will be together. "

" i promise.. With my whole heart. " She said.

Eunhyuk put the neck on her, " There, our promise is sealed. " He smiled at her, who turned around to face him.

" When everything is over, you and I will be married first thing. " She smiled at him before kissing him. 

" I love you, Hyoyeon. " He said. 

" And I love you, Hyukjae. " She smiled between the kisses.

Weeks passed as everything was still the same. Gyuri has been missing for almost a month now and HyoHyuk is still together along with Kai. Everyone was surprised that everything was doing well; they're still safe and happy. Until the day Gyuri decided to make a comeback. 

 

 

 

 

 

Suuuucks... Everytime HyoHyuk is together Gyuri ruins it :P Tell me what you think? Ahah