Chapter 9

Love me.... Love me not....

Saturday morning….Suan walked down the busy Kuala Lumpur street aimlessly… she don’t know what she can do and where she can go. She doesn’t feel like going home, she definitely won’t be able to rest there, with all the din around… She rather work, at least time pass faster and she can shift her attention to her work…

‘Hi miss, would u like to have an ice cream?’ asked the sweet ice cream vendor. Maybe something sweet will be able to perk up her spirit, Suan was thinking…

‘All right, please give me one….’

‘Which flavor would u like to have? Strawberry? This is our best selling flavor.’ The lady smiled at her.

‘Strawberry?? Yes, please…’

‘Here it is.’

‘Thanks….’Suan took over the ice cream and paid the sweet lady.

‘Thanks~ enjoy…’ Suan nodded at her and walked away with the strawberry ice cream on her hand…. She looked at the pretty pink dessert and scoops a spoonful in , tasting it…

‘So… this is how strawberry ice cream taste like…..’ Suan muttered to herself…. Not only the ice cream failed to sweeten up her mood, it depresses her even more and she just can’t control her tears…..

****************************************************************************************************************************

‘Aish…. Where am i??’ Ryeowook wake up with a splitting headache and looked around him… he is in his room, lying on his bed and….. Yesung is leaning on his bed, closing his eyes… Ryeowook sat up and Yesung jumped up immediately, looking at his favorite dongsaeng…

‘Yah~ Ryeogaa… u ok?’ asked Yesung, between a yawn.

‘Yes hyung… why don’t u just sleep on ur bed?’ Ryeowook asked, looking over to Yesung’s bed.

‘I….. fallen asleep here yesterday unknowingly….’ Answered Yesung…

‘Hyung…. Gomawo….’ Ryeowook knows very well Yesung is watching over him… and he decided not to make his hyung worried anymore…

*****************************************************************************************************************************

6 months later, Ae Li had given birth to a healthy baby girl and Heechul been staying with her, taking care of her.

‘Ae Li….’

‘Suan… u are here! Come…’

‘Hi, Heechul…’ Suan greeted the tall guy who suddenly become quiet upon seeing her.

‘Hi, both of u talk, I am going to see Cherry..’ Although Heechul been trying to hide, but it’s obvious that he is still brooding over what happens between Ryeowook’s and Suan. He been trying to avoid unnecessary contact and conversation with Suan and she had gotten used to his cold and stiff way…

‘How are u, Ae Li?’ Suan asked.

‘I am fine, our Cherry are fine too… Do u want to see her?’

‘I seen her at the baby room… a miniature Kim Heechul…’

‘Hahaha! Yes, she does look like her father…’

‘Erm.. she don’t even have to put a name tag, one look and you will know she is his daughter.’

‘Hahaha!!! Yeah… so unfair… I been carrying her for 10 months but she end up looking like her father.…’

*Suan’s phone ringing*

‘Hello..Yes? yes? All right, I will be coming over now.’

‘Busy?’ Ae Li asked.

‘Yes, I need to go…. I will visit u again?’

‘Ok…thanks for coming….’

‘Ok, take care Ae Li…’

…………………..

…………………………….

…………………………………….

The boys plan to pay their Heechul hyung a surprise visit and rearranged their schedule for a several day get away… but not all the boy are able to make it…. Only Kyuhyun, Donghae, Eunhyuk and Ryeowook can make some time out to visit the new parent and baby….

‘Li~~~~’ Kyu leaned on the doorway, waving at Ae Li with a smirk..

‘Kyu!!! Ryeogaa!! Oh~ Donghae and Hyukjae too!!! I am so touched!!! Thanks u for coming…’

‘Aish… why didn’t u inform me in advance that u are coming??’ Heechul asked.

‘Hahaha! Meant to be a surprise, hyung…Happy?’Donghae answered, excitingly…

‘Lee Donghae….’ Heechul went over to ‘hug’ Donghae and whispered in his ear ‘What if Ryeowook see her, huh?’

‘Hyung!!!’ Donghae eyes widen… how could they overlook the possibility of them meeting Suan here?

‘Now u see….’ Heechul hissed…

‘Hey… what’s the secret?’ Eunhyuk asked with his big bright smile and both Donghae and Heechul casted him a killer stare. Kyu on the other hand couldn’t care less as he is busy ‘observing’ the miniature Kim Heechul aka Kim Cherry…. Amaze at the uncanny resemble of the baby girl with her father. Ryeowook on the other hand, chat with Ae Li and doesn’t seem to notice the commotion behind him…

Suan decided to drop by to visit Ae Li as she happens to be around the hospital area that day… she won’t have time to do it for the following week as she will need to attend a meeting in Taiwan and she will be flying tomorrow morning… Suan continue to work for the event planning company after her graduation and she been kept busy with many new overseas event. She is happy and live her life to the fullest nowadays….

‘Yah!!! Ryeogaa!! Here!!’ Suan heard the familiar name and make her stun for a second… she looked up and saw Donghae, Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook walking towards her direction. However, nobody notice her as Donghae and Eunhyuk are busy fooling around, Kyuhyun’s eyes stuck on his PSP while Ryeowook is playing with his phone…. She turned into another corner and stood there, looking at the boys from behind….  

*Suan phone ringing*

‘Yes, Ae Li….’

‘Ergh… Suan, where are u?’

‘Me? I am busy at the moment.. anything?’ asked Suan.

‘Suan…I might be discharge early…. So please u give me a ring before u come over all right?’

‘Yes, I know Ae Li…’ Suan understand… they are trying to prevent her bumping into Ryeowook…

Everything happen so sudden that Suan did not have the chance to look at Ryeowook clearly.... How she wish she can take another good look of him... even if its from afar... 

***************************************************************************************************************************

‘Ae Li…. I will be flying to Taiwan today… will only be back one week later. Wont be able to visit u so soon…’

‘Is that so? Lucky for u, u always wanted to visit Taiwan isn’t it?’

‘Yes, I am very excited about the trip too! But a bit worried as we are trying to fight for a contract with a strong opponent. ’

‘All right, take care and good luck. Don’t forget to enjoy yourself too…’

……………

…………………..

……………………………

‘Boss!! I gotten the contract!!’ Suan shouted excitedly to her boss, Mr.Lee over the phone.

‘Suan, good job!! I know u can do it!’

‘Thanks boss….However, I would have to start preparing and the project will start 2 months later, at Korea…’

‘ All right, who will be the male lead this time round?’

‘I am not sure yet… will only be announced two months later….which come together with the script and the contract…’

*Two months later*

‘Suan…I just signed the contract and gotten the script…..Come on, we need to have a meeting..’

‘Yes, boss…’ Suan walked into the meeting room, anxious to know who will be the male lead… She wish she wouldn’t have to work with some arrogant and difficult celebrity….

‘So Suan….. this is the script…and the cast…’

‘Thanks, boss….’ Suan opened the script, heart beating fast… ‘WHAT!!!! Boss!! Are u sure he is the male lead????!!!!!’