Warm Waffles

How Was School Todae?

 

“Sorry for the... ehemm... mess.” scorching hot flames Daesung's cheeks as he pointed with his eyes to the once spotless fridge door.

Seunghyun snorted. “Oh, I think it definitely looks better this way.” he sent him a teasing all-knowing wink. It felt like they had a secret. A precious secret they and only they shared. It moved something inside him.

“Now get that delightful derrière of yours back into bed.” Seunghyun commanded, slapping him lightly on the behind. “I will bring you something delicious in a moment.” he grinned as he resumed the waffle making. “Oh, and waffles too.” he chuckled.

Daesung flashed a huge smile at him, before doing as he was told. He felt a little uncomfortable alone in Seunghyun's bedroom. He had to keep reminding himself that he was actually allowed to be in here. He was 'the boyfriend', he giggled to himself. He let himself fall backwards onto the bed, the duvet catching him like a fluffy cloud slowly passing by on a quiet, lazy afternoon. He tried to resist it, he tried not to get too excited, making an effort to convince himself that it was too early to be happy. But happiness didn't ask for permission, nor did it follow a time schedule. It knocked on your door when you least expected, and you would be a fool not to let it in. So he gave in, surrendering to this powerful force inside of him that burst to the surface, rays of happiness shooting out in every direction.

 

“Voilà!” Seunghyun declared with a very bad French accent, coming through the door with a tray full of freshly made waffles and a generous selection of syrups. Daesung's taste buds couldn't wait to start the feast. But then he remembered that Seunghyun was the worst cook the world had ever seen, his anticipation deflating like an old balloon.

“Not to worry, it's from a premade blend, and the waffle iron has a timer, so all I did was pour, I swear.” Seunghyun had clearly noticed the change in Daesung's attitude, making him realize that he was eyeing the waffle stack with extreme skepticism. He hurriedly faked a smile as not to hurt Seunghyun's feelings, but he was not convinced.

Seunghyun joined him in bed, tearing a waffle in half, carefully choosing the right syrup, adding very post-modern cream art on top of it before holding it up in front up Daesung's reluctant mouth. “Say aaaah.” he instructed with big, round puppy eyes. Who could resist such beautiful pleading eyes? Not him, at least. He opened wide, praying he wouldn't have to regret it. The waffle melted in his mouth, tasting almost as sweet as Seunghyun.

“You don't have to be so surprised.” Seunghyun complained, but his big, satisfied smile drained his complaint of all power. “Hold still.” he added in a lyrical giggle, leaning towards him to place a tiny peck on his nose. “Cream.” he explained, as he the last of it off his lips. Daesung wished every weekend could be like this one. If there was ever a day to be stuck in a time loop, forced to relive it over and over again, this was the one.

 

After stuffing their faces with delicious waffles, trying all the different syrup combinations and hashing it out in a waffle duel ending in Daesung's chest getting all sticky and Seunghyun gracefully offering up his tongue to solve the problem, they crawled under the covers to do some quality snuggling.

“I'm sorry.” Daesung whispered.

“For what?” Seunghyun sounded genuinely surprised.

“For hurting you earlier. I didn't mean to, I really didn't. I'm so sorry.” he pouted with regret. “Are you okay? Does it still hurt?” he added, touching his nose gently with the tip of his finger, testing to see whether it was intact.

“Well, you could make it up to me.” Seunghyun teased with a giant smirk taking over his face. He lifted up the covers, his eyebrows raised as he waited for his reply. Daesung suppressed a chortle, his cheeks inflicted once again with identity disorder, thinking they were ovens, heating up at the flip of a switch. Glancing excitedly at a delighted Seunghyun, he disappeared under the covers.

 

“What do you like most about yourself?” Daesung asked a pleased, half-unconscious Seunghyun, resting his head on his sturdy yet smooth chest, his finger exploring every nook and crevice of his abdomen.

“Mmm you mean what do I consider my strong points?” Seunghyun's hoarse murmur got under Daesung's skin, his manly charm spreading through his veins like an infection, turning the lights on inside him.

“No, no, you don't have to be good at it or anything like that, just.. what's your favorite thing about yourself?” he tried to explain, the words getting tangled up in his tongue as usual.

“Hah.” Seunghyun cleared his throat, peering his eyes like he was thinking. “You know, I've never thought about it that way.” he said in surprise when he failed to come up with an answer, almost like he was talking to himself.

“My mom always says that it's not good for the soul to concentrate too hard on the negative or what's lacking. Instead of grieving for what is not there, one should rather appreciate the things that are actually present. And every so often, she asks me to come up with something I like about myself, something I'm proud of, and I can never mention the same thing twice. It was pretty easy at first, but then it became really challenging and forced me to view myself in a positive light.” Daesung confided in him. His mom was a treasure chest of games engineered to make you feel good about yourself.

“Your mom is a very smart woman, you know that?” Seunghyun said impressed, running his fingers through Daesung's hair, placing a little kiss on his forehead.

“I know. I'm incredibly lucky.” he beamed with pride.

“What?” he added when it was written all over Seunghyun's face that he was taken aback by his answer.

“Oh, nothing. It's just strange. You don't have a penny to your name, yet you feel like the most fortunate guy in the world, while I have everything, but I feel like I have nothing at all.” Seunghyun wondered, pensive. “Or, well, felt...” he added, giving Daesung a warm wink.

“It's what I've been trying to tell you all along, money isn't everything.” he emphasized, hoping to get the point across, but it would probably take a lot more than one motivational sentence to change the way Seunghyun viewed the world. He wasn't giving up, though. One word at a time, he was going to gradually wear away the cynicism of Seunghyun's heart, like a stubborn river, changing its path one grain of sand at a time.

 

“Okay, so what do you like the most about me then?” Seunghyun changed the subject, curiosity shining from his eyes. Daesung bit his lip, his oven-cheeks overheating as the shyness swallowed him whole. He had not expected that, what an audacious question. Where to start, there was so much to choose from. His fierce, almost superhuman good looks came to mind. His mysteriously enticing eyes that always looked like they knew something he didn't, making him want to know everything about him. His long fingers and how they could create electricity by the mere thought of them touching his skin. His sense of humor and how he never let himself take anything too seriously. His attachment to his cool while being the biggest goof around. The self confidence he pretended he had, all the while possessing a strong self assurance he didn't even know he had.

“Come on, spit it out. There must be one thing you like about me, one thing!?” Seunghyun protested when Daesung remained quiet, misinterpreting his silence.

“Everything.” Daesung finally whispered. Seunghyun just stared back at him, completely taken off guard.

 

“What.. what about me?” Daesung pushed the words out in a hurry before hiding under the covers, too embarrassed to look him in the eyes as he waited for the verdict. Seunghyun joined him under there, his face so close that the tips of their noses touched. He swallowed his breath, only making out the outline of Seunghyun's face but feeling his presence in every cell of his body.

“Your ability to bring light into the darkest of dark places.” Seunghyun whispered, his voice full of sincerity. Daesung was speechless, emotions flooding his system, leaving it inoperative for the time being. It was the most beautiful thing anyone had ever said to him. Not able to restrain himself, he lunged forward to bury himself into Seunghyun's welcoming arms. He closed his eyes and breathed in his scent, it had become his favorite smell, he couldn't get enough of it.

“So we're.. good, right?” Daesung asked without really meaning to, his need for confirmation taking over. This was all too good to be true, so good that it made him nervous.

Seunghyun drew him closer into his arms, kissing his cheek before carefully answering, “I never make promises I can't keep, so I can't promise you eternity, but I can promise you the now. And in the now, I am all in.”.

 

Daesung was overwhelmed with a rainbow of emotions, experiencing all the colors at the same time. Their lips were pulled slowly towards each other, like magnets meeting their destiny. He had thought they had already reached the limit in how amazing a kiss could be, having been transported to the edge of the realm of sensations, but there appeared to be no limit. Getting lost in Seunghyun, he felt as if he had been turned inside out, offering up everything he had on a silver platter, inviting him in, letting him visit the most secluded corners of his heart. It felt incredible and terrifying, thrilling and horrifying. So this was what pure, undiluted love felt like.

 

“Hey, can I try...” Daesung whispered, running his hand down Seunghyun's back, making it do the talking.

“Oh, boy, I thought you'd never ask..” Seunghyun chuckled naughtily, pleasantly surprised.

 

And try he did. Twice. Falling asleep in Seunghyun's sweaty arms, listening to his heartbeat play their tune.  

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Happy Big Bang come back!!! *happy flail* *beam* *^^*