Business Trip (10)

How Was School Todae?

A/N: Hello my wonderful, wonderful readers! Thank you for being so very very patient and sticking with us even though the wait was annoyingly long. I was away for quite a while and then I had a little bit of a writer's block as well :/ ...the update is a bit short, but there is more on the way! ;) Hope you enjoy it! 

 

“But..” Daesung whispered, not really sure what he was going to say. He could feel his throat tighten, tears lining up in anticipation. He was not going to cry in front of him. He was not going to let him see how hurt he was, not when he was so angry at him. Seunghyun hadn't just slipped and fallen, accidentally dropping his heart, resulting in a tiny bruise. No. He had brutally ripped it out of his ribcage, throwing it farther than the best pitcher of the Samsung Lions and now the only thing left was to wait until it stopped flying, crashing to its imminent death. The end of the school year. He couldn't live like that. Pretending that everything was alright, investing his heart and soul in something that was terminally ill. No, it wasn't even ill, it was healthy as a horse, nothing wrong with it in the slightest. Still Seunghyun was waiting with the lethal injection, waiting to put it out of its nonexistent misery. It made him mad, it made him so mad. Seunghyun wasn't even willing to give them a fighting chance. He had decided their doomed fate, just like that.

 

“Boy, I'm starving. You hungry?” Seunghyun said like nothing had happened, but Daesung knew he was doing it on purpose to change the subject. He didn't appreciate it. He wanted to talk about it some more. He wanted an explanation, he wanted a discussion, he wanted a say in the matter. But apparently Seunghyun didn't care about what he wanted, he was so used to being the boss of all his relationships with others, he had forgotten how to figure other people's opinions in. Or maybe he had never known how. Their worlds were too different. But Daesung didn't want to make the same mistakes Seunghyun was making. Even though they faced obstacles, it didn't mean they should just give up without a fight. This was only the beginning, there would be countless more obstacles down the road. Actual obstacles they would have to work through together. So if they couldn't even make it when the sky was clear and not a raindrop in sight, what chance did they stand if a real storm came along?

 

He could still remember every excruciating detail of how it felt to be without him, so he was not ready to give up on him yet. And he wasn't going to let him give up either. They were going to be together, even though it would take everything he had to make it so. He knew communication was key, if there was anything he had learned from his parent's relationship was that if communication broke down, so did everything else. He knew they had to learn to communicate better, since this wasn't really working. But, it was easier said than done. Or in this case easier thought than said. Why wouldn't the words come out? He was trying, but they were just stuck in his gut, holding on for dear life, refusing to come out.

Seunghyun was already up, boxers on. Nothing but boxers. It looked good on him. He was like an underwear model, ready to shoot the most amazing advertising campaign ever. Daesung would sure buy those boxers, although the boxers weren't what interested him the most. Oh, he was getting distracted. It was difficult to be mad at Seunghyun for long, at least when he was in his presence. He was so charming. He couldn't help but be swayed by his handsome but cold exterior, especially knowing that a vulnerable sweety was living inside of it. Daesung sighed. He thought after they had both opened up that they were growing stronger. That nothing could get at them now. How short lived that thought had been. It had been a nice thought. But he guessed he would have to get used to it being hard. He knew it wasn't always going to be easy when it came to the rest of the world, he just didn't think it was going to be so hard between the both of them. They needed to stand unified against the world, not against each other.

 

“You coming?” Seunghyun smiled the sweetest of smiles to him, he could feel the anger melt away, getting all slippery so there was no way to hold on to it. He could feel himself chickening out. He always did this. He wasn't the best at confrontation. He was more into keeping the peace, he liked it when everyone was happy. It was okay to let go of stuff if it meant it would make it easier for others. He didn't really mind. But this time, this time letting go wasn't a choice. It meant turning on the ticker of a time bomb, set for graduation day. He had to be strong. He had to stick up for them, since there was no one else who would.

 

But instead of saying anything, Daesung just nodded and followed him out of the room. Why was he such a coward? He sure needed a good kick in the shin. Or a bucket full of cold water thrown in his face. Something to give him courage.

 

He had lost the battle, but the war was still going strong and he was gearing up for round 2.