Upside Down

When The Rainbow Faded

 

BGM: Lee Jong Hyuk – If You Come Into My Heart

 

In a 10 minutes Yonghwa finally went downstairs, already in his black suit. Mr. Jung still gave him a cold stare, but since he also admitted that he was doing a mistake, so he just keep his head down. He saw his mother, Mrs. Seo and Nayoung were sitting beside the worship place, while wiping their tears on their already puffy eyes.

 

He proceed to walked to the center and stood in front of Han In Jae picture, to give his last farewell and last tribute to his grandma by making three times low bowed then kneel. He lifted his head and stared blankly at her smiling picture, he felt his tongue turned bitter. Deep inside his heart he also regreted that he couldn’t accompany her in her last minutes, but he couldn’t leave Shinhye either.

 

I’m sorry grandma, I’m sorry…

 

Suddenly grandma’s voice echoing on his minds.

 

“You have to be happy. Always be good to each other, and stay together for a long long time…ahrajji?”

 

It was her last word, her last message, her last request that she said to him and Seohyun at their wedding day.

 

What should I do grandma? I promised you, but seems like I can not comply with your request. I’m absolutely such a useless grandson.

 

Yonghwa shut his eyes in desperate before finally he left the worship place and walked towards harabeoji to give him a hug as he also said his sorry for coming late.

 

“It’s okay, she’ll understand, throw away your guilty feeling Yonghwa…” Mr. Kim said with a warm smile and patted Yonghwa’s shoulder.

“I’m really sorry harabeoji” he said then he moved to stood beside his father.

 

In front of him, he could see Seohyun and Ah Jung were bowing to the guests who had gave their last tribute to Han In Jae. He could see that Seohyun look devastated with grandma’s death. Her face looks really pale with a red nose and damp cheek. He could understand since Seohyun’s really close with her grandma.

 

Around 4 p.m, after placing grandma’s ash at the funeral house. Both Jung and Seo family now gather in the living room, but the cold gaze from Mr. Jung to Yonghwa were still there and it makes the awkward situation between them.

 

“I want to apologize for what I did….I didn’t there when grandma’s was dying at the hospital, and also came late to her funeral. Jeongmal cwaeseonghamnida” Yonghwa bowed to all of them.

“It’s alright Yonghwa, we’re understand if you have an emergency call at midnight. Don’t bow low like that…” Mr. Seo said.

“Tch! Emergency call?!” Mr. Jung chuckled.

Then he continued “The one who gave him the emergency called should be HIS wife, yet when HIS wife did it he didn’t even pick up for her call” Mr. Jung said, emphasizes every “HIS” word  and walloped the table in front of him with his fist.

 

Everyone in the room was startled. His action  gathered all of the attention from the family member.

“Yeobo….” Said Mrs. Jung who sat beside him was patting his hand trying to soothe him.

“I’m really really sorry…” Yonghwa apologized.

Mr. Jung get up from his seat, stared coldly at Yonghwa then said

“Neo, ttara wa!!”

 

He walked ahead, heading to the backyard. Yonghwa followed behind.

They were standing side by side, Mr. Jung folded his hand, while Yonghwa could only bent down his head.

“Let’s hear your explanation”Mr. Jung said, coldly.

“It’s my mistake. I admit it. I don’t have any explanation for this. I’m sorry abeoji”

“Tch! You know, I’ve told you, I’ve told you million times that In Jae imo and Sang Woo samcheon were the one who raised me after my parents passed away, they gave me home, they gave me family, they love me just like their own son until I never felt lonely even if I’m an orphan, they feed me, take care of me, always support me, and even paid for my study until finally I become a doctor. But you, YOU, as her grandson didn’t even stay by her side on her last minutes and even come late to her funeral!”

Yonghwa just silent hearing his father ambush, he didn’t feel like being defensive anyway since he admitted that he was wrong.

Mr. Jung turned his body to face him and glared at him

“You have no goddamn idea how ashamed I am because of your behavior Jung Yong Hwa!”

Yonghwa knew his father’s really upset and extremely furious right now, but hearing his father called him with his full name, that was definitely an alarmed for him.

“I understand abeoji. I’m really really sorry” he started to begged for his father forgiveness.

Mr. Jung turned gaze coldly at his son “You admit it? Then why did you do it?”

“I….I was panicked”

“I called SNU, and they said you’re not there. Then where the hell have you been?!” Mr. Jung started to raised his voice.

“……I…I have something to take care about abeoji”

“Was it that important until you just left your wife without even telling her where did you go, ignoring her and my call, and even come late to your grandma’s funeral? WHERE IS YOUR BRAIN JUNG YONG HWA?!”

 

Hearing Mr.Jung shout from the backyard, Seohyun was also tensed, she wanted to go to the backyard too, but since it was father-and-son talks, she was afraid that it wasn’t her capacity to interfere them. But then, Yonghwa’s mom get up and rushing there. Seohyun couldn’t just stay still like that, so she also got up and walked to the backyard.

“Yeobo…yeobo…enough…please…” Mrs. Jung said, trying to calm her husband by rubbing his back.

Yonghwa was just stayed still and kept his head down.

“Yonghwa…say sorry to your appa, oh? Palli…” Mr. Jung said, still holding her husband hand.

Mr. Jung chuckled and threw his look to the other direction, before he said “Ah…I got it!”, he smirked, then continued his sentence “So, now that you already grant her wish by marrying Joohyun you can just to DUMP YOUR GRANDMA LIKE THAT? HUH? IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK?” then Mr. Jung raised his hands, was ready to just slap Yonghwa at this second.

 

Yonghwa closed his eyes, he knew that he’s going to be slapped by his father, he too, thinks that he deserves it, so he just stay still and ready to take his punishment. But no, her head didn’t sway, he didn’t feel like his cheeks getting warm or pain somewhere because of the slap that he got from his father, but he didn’t feel anything, instead he heard Seohyun’ voice out of nowhere.

 

“Hajimaseyo abeoji!”

Yonghwa opened her eyes and found Seohyun already stood in front of him, her two hands were raised, blocking Mr. Jung hands that was ready to slap Yonghwa.

“Please don’t do it Abeoji…jebalyo”

He could hear Seohyun’s trembling voice, like she was ready to sobbed in a minute. Mrs. Jung also helped Seohyun to calmed down his husband by saying “Enough yeobeo….enough….”

 

Mr. Jung was startled seeing her daughter-in-law so sudden and was grasping his hands tightly. He could see Seohyun her shivered hands while grasping his hands, and also her trembling voice as she asked him to stop, she indeed, looked scared, extremely worried that Yonghwa might be hurt, yet she was there protecting her husband with her tiny body. Witnessing the braveness of his daughter-in-law made him realize that he shouldn’t hit his son like that and it made him turned calmer. Realizing that Mr.Jung’s a bit calmer, Seohyun release her grasp from Mr. Jung wrist and Mr. Jung put down his hands. Yonghwa just stunned right there, didn’t what to do or what to say to ease his father tantrum. Seohyun stepped back and stood beside Yonghwa, he looked at her and he could see that her eyes already teary.

Mr. Jung inhaled deeply while closing his eyes, before he finally let out a big sigh then said

“Stop defending your husband for a second Joohyun” Mr. Jung said to Seohyun, now in calmer voice though he still upset with Yonghwa.

“I’m sorry abeoji…I know he was wrong, but I’m sure that he had his own reason to did all of those things, beside he already admit his mistakes abeoji, please forgive him abeoji, I’m sure oppa won’t repeat his mistake ever again, right oppa?” then Seohyun said as she turned her head to looked at Yonghwa and waiting for his agreement.

Yonghwa looked at her blankly. He didn’t understand her.

 

She should be upset since I left her for Shinhye, but look what she did now? Defending me from abeoji?

 

Hearing nothing from Yonghwa, Seohyun asked him again in whisper “right oppa?”, she said as she raised her eyebrow as the sign for Yonghwa to say a word.

It made Yonghwa snapped back and finally could find his voice.

“I’m really sorry. I won’t do that again abeoji. Jeongmal cwaeseonghamnida” Yonghwa said then he bent down his head.

 

Mr. Jung was silent, looked like he was considering his apologizes, and he let out a sigh then said “If it’s not because of Joohyun I won’t let you out easily from this matter Yonghwa. Once you did something like this again, throw away the “JUNG” from your name!”

Three of them were widened their eyes in horror, while Seohyun and Mrs. Jung gasped after hearing Mr. Jung sentence, but they chose to just silent, afraid that things will get worse if they make any comment due to Mr.Jung provision to forgive Yonghwa.

“I hope what you did today doesn’t turn into something that you’ll regret later Yonghwa. Apologize to Joohyun, for she was having a hard times to defending you and covering your mistakes since last night!” he added.

After said that, Mr. Jung left him without hearing his answer first, Mrs. Jung followed behind him after patting Yonghwa’s hand then grasped Seohyun hands while whispering “Gomawoo..”

 

Now, they’re alone at the backyard, Seohyun could see the regret that clearly show all over his face. Then Yonghwa turned to face her. Seohyun was smiling, hoped that it will ease his burden even if it’s just a bit of it.

“Gomawo...and I’m sorry Seohyun…” Yonghwa said in a weak voice.

Again, she smiled warmly and shook her head “Aniya oppa…”

“I didn’t do that to be thanked by you or getting your apologize oppa, those were little things that I supposed to do. We’re team, we must support each other, right? she added and smiled cheerfully.

 

You’re the person I love, of course I’ve to stand up for you, oppa. She thought.

 

If I go closer, you turn away and run

If I look at you, you only look at the sky

I wonder if you don’t know how I feel

Or you know but your purposely act that way

The time keeps on passing

Even though you pass by me, turn back and pretend not to see me

 

But then her smile turned bitter, knowing that it’s just her one sided love, afterall, and added by Yonghwa’s act back then when he covered and hid something behind her was just hurting her. Yonghwa seems aware with her feeling, but it’s not like he can tell everything to her either, the guilty feeling was rising up, so he turned her body and lifted his head, looked at the sky.

She followed Yonghwa and said “The weather is nice, right oppa?”, without looking at him and just stared at the sky, she tried to cheer up herself.

Yonghwa lifted his head to looked at her, then asked “You always come like a ghost, standing in front of me so sudden, are you a ninja?”, ignoring her question.

Seohyun frowned in confused “Huh?”

Yonghwa smiled then said “What you just did earlier, blocking my father from slapping me. You just shown out of nowhere, like a ninja”

“Ah…Haha….aniyo…but should I apply to some kind of ninja academy?” then she laughed, a merry one.

Yonghwa realize that she has a beautiful smiling face, indeed. For a moment, he enjoyed to just stood there while seeing her laugh.

“Keurae…” Yonghwa chuckled and nodding his head.

“Seohyun-ah…mianhae…”

That words made she stopped laughing, she looked at Yonghwa with her warm expression

“I already told you oppa, it’s okay, I understand”

“Hhh….I know…but still”

“Quit your guilty feeling oppa. Kwaencanhayo. Don’t keep saying sorry to me, please”

Yonghwa lifted his head to observed her face, he finally smiled then said “Ahrasseo…gomawoo Seohyun”

Seohyun nodded and smiled.

“Grandma….do you think she will forgive me?” he asked, his voice was heard like a whisper.

“Of course. She’s one of the angel that God gave to us, her family, of course he will forgive you, I think she didn’t even angry with you oppa, I’m sure she’ll understand your reason”

 

No Seohyun, she’ll never forgive me if she knows the reason. I knew it.

 

Seeing Yonghwa troubled face, Seohyun tried to ease his troubleness by saying “Don’t be worry too much oppa. Everything will be just fine” then she smiled.

Yonghwa could see her sincere smile and concern from Seohyun and he’s thankful for that.

“Grandma’s happy now, isn’t she?” he asked.

Joohyun smiled but couldn’t resist the sadness that lead to form tears on her eyes, but she tried to answer him though.

“Of course, she feels no pain now, she has been through the hard times all of these years, she’s a really tough woman”

Yonghwa was nodding his head then said “Yeah, I agree with you. Our grandma is amazing right?”

Seohyun just nodded and smiled as her agreement although her teary eyes were clearly shown.

Yonghwa also smiled to her.

 

After Seohyun wiped her tears she asked Yonghwa “What do you want to eat oppa? I know you eat nothing since you were arrived here”

“I’m fine, it’s near to dinner anyway”

“You can eat again at dinner”

“Yah… Not having breakfast and lunch won’t make me die” he laughed.

“But you’ve to maintain yourself, how could you take care of your patient if you don’t care with your own health?” Seohyun stubbornly insisted her argument.

Yonghwa smiled then said “I’ll be fine Seohyun-ah, I’ll just eat at dinner, okay?”

“But oppa--”

Yonghwa grabbed her shoulder and turned her body, forcing her to get inside. And that sudden act from Yonghwa tottaly made her speechless since she was too busy to trying to breathe properly.

 

***

At dinner, the cold war between Mr. Jung and Yonghwa were already melting, they had their peaceful dinner, eventhough the sadness were still shown all over their face.

“So, both of you will go back to Seoul in the early morning?” Mr. Jung asked after sipping his tea.

“Ne…” Yonghwa and Seohyun said in unison.

“Well then, here….” Mr. Jung paused his words as she took out his wallet and placed a card and gave it to Yonghwa who sat in front of him.

Yonghwa took it then asked him “What’s this abeoji?”, still observing the card on his palm.

“Change your password after you guys move to your apartment” Mr. Jung explained then munching his kimchi.

“Ne?” Yonghwa frowned.

Seohyun, who sat beside him also couldn’t understand. The family member, except Mrs. Jung also stared at Mr. Jung waiting for his explanation.

Mr. Jung put down his spoon, wiping his mouth with the napkin then said

“Building a house will take a long time, so me and your mom bought an apartment as your wedding gift, but if you guys want to build your own house just build it then, you could stay in the apartment while you’re waiting your house to be finished, right Yeobo?” he looked then smiled to his wife.

“Ne…the location is in Cheongdam-dong, it’s near to your bureau in Apgujeong-dong, than your current house at Shindang-dong, Joohyun-ah…”

 

Seohyun gasped and she covered her hanging mouth.

“Ommoni…” she responded.

“How do you think Joohyun-ah? Do you like it?” Mr. Jung asked.

“Ne…ne…of course…But, do you think I really deserve it? I mean…it’s…it’s too massive and expensive for me abeoji…ommoni…”

“Ayeee…absolutely not! We were just think that we should give something useful for your wedding gift, then we decided to give this for you and Yonghwa. Just take it, oh? You’re our family member, of course you deserve to have this” Mrs. Jung said.

“Whooaaa Tae Hun samcheon and Ha Ni imo you guys are jjang! Daebak!” Ah jung said as she raised her two thumbs.

Mrs. Jung grinned and winked at Ah Jung, who also winked at her.

 

“Tae Hun oppa, Ha Ni onnie, you really don’t have to do this…” Mrs. Seo joined the conversation

“Ayeee….of course we have to do this. We’re also her parents right? And I want my daughter lives comfortably. Well Ga Eun left me to Germany to stayed there with her husband, so Joohyun now is like my only daughter, so just take it Joohyun-ah…”

“If you don’t want it, just give it to onnie I’ll take that apartment gladly Joohyun-ah”

“Hey Song Ah Jung!” Na Young said then glared at Ah Jung.

 

Ah Jung just grinned then she says “Ahra omma. I was just joking!”

“Hahaha….I will Ah Jung, but just get married first!” Mr. Jung said

Mrs. Jung also joined his husband by saying “Keurae! We’ll give you the best wedding gift! So hurry get married with someone, your age is mature enough anyway”

“Ayeee dwaesseo. Quit these marriage talks. I said I won’t married yet!” Ah Jung explained then she pouted .

Then Na Young in “See? It’s only me that want you to get married and stop playing around!”

Ah Jung covered both of her ears with her hands and saying “Not listening….I’m not listening”

She really hates it if someone told her to get married, she always thinks that being married means that you’re trapped with the same person for your whole live, your husband will forbid you to do what you want, and you will end up stay at home all day, raising your childs, marriage is kind of a scary thing for Ah Jung.

 

Everybody laughed seeing Ah Jung acted, while Na Young shook her head then continued to eat.

Mrs. Jung looked at Seohyun and asked her again “You’ll take your wedding gift right dear?”

Seohyun smiled then nodded as she says “Ne…Khamsahamnida…chincha khamsahamnida”

“Thank you so much Hyung, I feel so embarrassed that I didn’t prepare anything for our child wedding gift” Mr. Seo said.

“You already give your daughter to my son, it’s his perfect wedding gift Dae Han-ah, right Yonghwa?”

Yonghwa just smiled to his father, then looked down to scoop his rice again while beside her Seohyun already blushed after hearing Tae Hun sentence and couldn’t help to hid her smile.

“Finally I could see your smile today Joohyun-ah” Harabeoji commented.

“Yeah you’re right samcheon, she was crying all day, same with Ah Jung” Mrs. Jung joined.

“You’ve to smile too Ah Jung-ah” Harabeoji said.

Seohyun and Ah Jung just smiled and stared to their bowl, remembering about what happened to grandma today made these two girls turned mellow again.

 

Harabeoji wiped with the napkins as he finished his meals, then says “True, we’ve all the right to be sad, crying, and all those broken feeling but we shouldn’t let those feelings stayed too long until make us regret everything that has happened today, In Jae tried her best to survive, we’ve tried our best to give him the best treatment from the hospital, and so with the doctors team, but God had another plan…..Beside, In Jae suffered too long with her illness. I believe, she doesn’t feel all of those pain now and I believe that she’ll sad and hates us if we always feel sad, so let’s just pray for her and continue our lives, always do our best in life and made her proud of us”

“Ne….” all of the family member agreed with Mr. Kim.

“And thanks to you Yonghwa and Joohyun for grant her last wish. Thank you. Thank you so much” Mr. Kim said with his trembling voice and his eyes were also teary.

Seohyun smiled warmly “Aniyo harabeoji….Please don’t say like that”

Yonghwa just nodded as his agreement and also smiled to him.

“Although it was an arranged marriage, but I hope you guys will always love each other and be happy for a very long time until death makes you apart”

“Ne…harabeoji…” Seohyun and Yonghwa answered in unison, but Yonghwa voice more heard like a whisper.

The other family member nodded and smiled warmly to them, hope that the newlyweds will find their happiness with the marriage.

Mr. Seo clapped her hands then asked Seohyun “Ah! Keurom…do you want to take the piano to Seoul Joohyun? I mean, now that you’re married, you’ll seldom come to Busan, ottaeyo?”

 

Seohyun went silent for a while to considering it, what just her mother said was true and she loves to play piano so much, but her mother also loves it.

“But how about you omma? You also love playing piano. Dwaesseoyo, just let the piano here”

“I still can play it in school, not a big deal, just pretend that it’s your wedding gift from me and your abeoji. Tae Hun oppa and Ha Ni onnie had gave their gift so now it’s our turn”

“But omma--”

“Stop being stubborn for once Joohyun. No buts, I’m going to dispatch the piano as soon as possible. Period. ” Mr. Seo asserted.

“Ne…algeseumnida…khamsahmnida ommoni…abeoji”

“And…how about the wedding reception and your honeymoon Joohyun-ah, Yonghwa-yah? How about going to Japan? You won’t need a tour guide, me and Ah Jung always ready to be your personal tour guide” Na Young suggested.

“Maja maja!” Ah Jung chirped.

 

Seohyun almost choked after hearing her aunt suggestion, she then drinks her water abruptly trying to ease her nervousness.

 

“Yeah, you’re right Na Young, we should discuss about it and hold the wedding reception soon!” Mr. Jung joined in.

Mrs. Jung was just nodding and smiled widely beside her husband.

“Well…I..we…haven’t decide it, since both of us are still busy with our work, right Seohyun?” Yonghwa asked her, he also looked surprised with Na Young suggestion.

“Ne….Yong oppa was right…I still have a lot of things to do, oppa too, still have a bunch of operating schedule…so I…I think..we’ll thing about it later” Seohyun stuttered.

“Wait, wait, what was that? Seohyun? Yong oppa? Whooaaa…so, you guys already made your own way to call each other? Yayy it’s a good start then! Don’t you think so harabeoji?” Ah Jung started to teasing them.

“Ne, you’re absolutely right Ah Jung-ah!” Mr. Kim said, the satisfied smile clearly plastered on his face.

“Seohyun and Yong oppa? Well…it’s not bad!” Mr. Seo joined them.

“Ah appa…” Seohyun said in a whispered tone as she gave her father a sign to stop.

Mr. Seo just smiled mischievously and winked at her.

 

Seohyun blushed, while Yonghwa just silent, expressionless.

 

After that they were continued to discussing about the wedding reception but since both of Seohyun and Yonghwa were still busy with their own business, so they decide to just wait them finish their works first as soon as they can then the family will arrange their reception immediately. Another topic was come out, they shared their bittersweet memories about grandma. There’s some story that made them teary, laughed, annoyed, but they were grateful that they had their little piece of memory with Han In Jae. They had a nice conversation until it was already reached the late sleep times. Since that night were their last night together because in the morning Seohyun will go back to Seoul, Seohyun asked Yonghwa if he permit her to sleep with Ah Jung in her room. Ah Jung also begged to Yonghwa, because it’s been years since her last time meeting with Seohyun and as Han In Jae granddaughter, they do have the same feeling about these situation, so they wanted to shared together in hope that it will ease their sadness over their grandma’s death. Well honestly, the other reason Seohyun wanted to shared room with Ah Jung was because she still feel awkward if she sleeps with Yonghwa despite their current status as husband and wife. Yonghwa seemed alert with her other reason that she didn’t tell him, because he also feels the same and feels relief that Seohyun asked him first.

“Thank you so much oppa” Seohyun said in her cheerful tone, relieved that Yonghwa simply agreed.

“Thanks Yonghwa” Ah Jung said as she patted Yonghwa’s shoulder.

“Aniya…It’s nothing” Yonghwa said, then smiled to them.

“Oppa why don’t you sleep with harabeoji? I’m sure he won’t mind it, beside it’s better than sleep at the couch”

“No…it’s okay, the couch is quite big anyway, beside harabeoji already fell asleep I don’t want to disturbed him” he explained.

“Ahrasseoyo…I’ll bring the pillow and the blanket then, wait a minute oppa” Seohyun said as she rushed to her room.

***

In the morning Yonghwa and Seohyun were in a rushed since that day Seohyun had 5 appoinment with her clients, starting at 08.30 am but she didn’t prepare their files yet, and Yonghwa just got a phone call from the hospital that his patient’s condition is getting worse. So they were decide to go back to Seoul without Mr. and Mrs. Jung, beside Mr. Jung and Mr. Seo still have another business that they should be done related to grandma’s death and also another legal procedure due to Yonghwa and Seohyun marriage. So it ended up only Seohyun and Yonghwa who were going to Seoul, and they decide to take an airplane. After exchange their hugged and greet, promised the family that they will come to Busan as soon as possible.

"Also promise me that you'll come to Japan" Ah Jung said while holding her hands.

"I promise onnie...We've to spend our time together just like the old times" 

Ah Jung hugged her once again, then says "I'm gonna miss you"

"Me too onnie..."

Then they left Seo Family's house and  Mr. Jung drove them to the airport. Yonghwa and Mr. Jung sat in the front while Seohyun sat at the back seat. On their way there, both Seohyun and Yonghwa remained silent, none of them trying to initiate make a conversation, Mr. Jung was the one who threw questions to them, though Seohyun got more question they were just talking about the common things, just something related with her bureau, students, her work project, nothing special. When they finally arrived at the airport, they were exchanging their hugged and greet before finally Mr. Jung went back to the parking lot and Yonghwa and Seohyun get in, chasing their departure.

“You want to sit at window side or the aisle side?”

Yonghwa asked her, once they already get in to the airplane.

“Uhm…is that okay if I sit at window side?”

“Sure!” he smiled.

“Thank you oppa” She too, smiled to him.

At the time when they finally fly to Seoul, it was just another awkward situation they had. They turned their head and looked at each other in coincidence, then smiled awkwardly as the action. Seohyun found herself was hard to breath, since her heart was beating so fast. Sitting right next to the person she loves, flying to Seoul, brings her flashback to their first time-short-journey at their wedding day.

She was trying to break the awkward situation between them, but right before she starts the conversation, Yonghwa said “Seohyun-ah mianhae, but I’m really sleepy right now…You don’t mind if I sleep on our way to Seoul, do you?”

“Ne?! Ah….ne…of course…you must be couldn’t sleep well on the couch. Take your time oppa, I’ll wake you up when we’re arrive” Seohyun responded, though she was disappointed since she wanted to talk a lot with Yonghwa right now.

“Ani it’s not because of the couch, I think I’m just such a sleepy head. Thanks by the way, Seohyun-ah”

Seohyun smiled then says “Haha…It’s nothing oppa”

“Well then, annyeong!”

Seohyun just smiled and nodded to him while Yonghwa close his eyes immediately. Actually, he didn’t had an enough sleep last night, since he was wasting his sleep times to think about what he supposed to do with his marriage and Shinhye. A minutes later, Yonghwa already fell to a deep sleep. Seohyun was having her own heaven to just staring at his face, grateful that she could admiring his peaceful face while he was sleeping,  grateful that she could breathe the same oxygen with her lover, but most of all she grateful that God gave her a chance to be with someone that she loves for years. The marriage was still like a dream for her, back then, she always believe that Yonghwa was out-of-reach for her, but look what happened now, she was there, sitting right next to her, and even became his wife.

Seohyun also feel sleepy since she also couldn’t sleep last night, she too, just like him, thinking about her marriage, wondering about who Park Shin Hye is and the reason why he left, also her grandma’s death. She closed her eyes, and finally fell asleep. Around an hour and half later, they were finally arrived at Seoul, she woke up first then she woke her husband up aftrwards. When they went out from the airplane and headed to left the airport area, Yonghwa looked busy checking for his phone then talked to someone on the phone. Seohyun concluded that it was related to hospital matter since he was mentioning about some medicine and he seemed talked with another doctor. After hang up, Yonghwa looked uneasy and troubled, seemed like there’s something bothering him, so Seohyun asked him.

“Something happened oppa?”

“Oh…my patient condition’s dropping, his condition’s really unstable, he keeps vomiting his blood”

Seohyun gasped then covered “Oh my God! You should go to the hospital immediately oppa!”

“I will, let’s take the taxi then” Yonghwa said as he walked ahead from Seohyun.

“Aniyo, I mean you can go first oppa. I’ll take another taxi, just go straight to the hospital and save your patient” Seohyun said behind him as she tried to equalize her pace with his.

Yonghwa stopped to walked then turned to her.

“Really? I can go first?”

Seohyun nodded firmly then said “Of course!”, then she threw her vision to another direction and yelled “TAXI!!”

“Oppa, there’s the taxi, hurry!”

Now, she walked ahead from him while waving to the taxi.

When they were finally stood beside the taxi, Yonghwa opened the taxi immediately and says “Gomawoo Seohyun-ah!” then he get in.

Seohyun just nodded and waving to him then says  “Be safe and fighting oppa!” though he didn’t look or hear or it because the taxi already moved. Seohyun stopped another taxi, then headed to her bureau. Around 20 minutes later, she was arrived in front of her bureau, she found something strange, the road seemed crowded with workers who brought sunflower, to an opposite side. She looked at the building that is located directly across from her bureau, which is used to be an empty building, but the building is now occupied, and looked alive with the dominance of yellow color and sunflower everywhere. Seohyun smiled as she saw it, since she really loves yellow and sunflower. “Congratulations JK-ART” it written on the huge banner and the huge posy, she observed the building and conclude that it’s some kind of photo studio.

“Whooaa…sunflower and yellow…I think I’m going to like this new neighbor” Seohyun murmured then turned her heels as to get in to her psychology bureau.

It was an unusual situation when she get in, usually her workers will greet her while doing their job, but now, she only saw her male workers while the female were no where to be seen, not even her best receptionist, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon. Kyuhyun, another worker of her said that they were gathering at the pantry, as he helped her to troll the luggage to her room, so after she put her bag at her room and took her wallet and i-phone, Seohyun headed to the pantry.

Kyuhyun was right, the female workers were really there. Busy chatting about their new interesting topic and giggling when one of them was talking about someone, that obviously a male since she heard Hyoyeon repeatedly saying “Awhh…he’s so handsome, tall, his haircut looks so cool, kind, polite, awh...so perfect”, and the other workers were nodding her head and smiling widely.

“So…here you are…”

Seohyun’s voice made them jolted in surprised and their mouth were hang opened, startled that their boss caught them gossiping.

“Ann…annyeonghaseyo” They finally greet in an awkward unison.

Seohyun smiled and also greet them “Ne…annyeonghaseyo”

They look horrified, worried and afraid that maybe they will got fired because of this. But, truth to be told, Seohyun didn’t even upset or angry at all, instead she found that it was funny to witnessing their female workers behaving like this for the first time, and even Ok Jung ahjumma also joined them.

“Hey…don’t look troubled like that, it’s okay I won’t fired you or something, I was just surprised since you guys behaving like this for the first time”

Then Hyoyeon stepped closer to her then says “Boss…you have to meet him. He’s really handsome, cool, polite, and he also single!”

Seohyun raised her left eyebrow then said “What’s the deal with me if he’s a single? And onnie, I’ve told you stop calling me Boss, it hurting my ears you know”

“Ayeee…but you’re my Boss! So, listen Boss…he’s single and handsome, you’re single and totally beautiful, you guys are such a perfect combination!” Hyoyeon explained her analyze confidently.

“Ne Hyoyeo-ah! Maja maja!” Taeyeon chirped in.

“Why me? Don’t you like him onnie?” she asked Hyoyeon.

“Ayeee…he’s out of reach for me, beside I already have a namja chingoo!”

Seohyun just chuckled then shook her head.

“You’ll believe me when you saw him Boss! He’s our new neighbor, he owns the photo studio in front of our bureau, and his name is So--”

“Ah dwaesseo dwaesseo!” Seohyun cut Hyoyeon sentence as she waving her hands, refused to hear another explanation about this what so called handsome new neighbor.

“I’m going to Zoo Coffee for breakfast, anyone of you want to come in?” she added.

“Ah…I’ve my breakfast already Seo Joo Hyun-ssi, but if want me to accompany you, of course I’ll come in” Taeyeon offered.

“No, you don’t have to. I can go alone, don’t worry. So how about you guys?”

“We also have our breakfast earlier Joo Hyun-ssi” Ji Young explained, and gathered nodded from another female workers.

“Well, alright then. I leave now, bye bye!” Seohyun said and wave her hand.

Then she went out from her bureau, was heading to the Zoo Coffee that only 4 blocks from her bureau. Once she get there she ordered chicken salad and toast, and her favorite drink beside goguma latte.

“……and apple juice juseyo” she finished her order.

“Always an apple juice”

Seohyun heared someone talked behind her, then she turned her body immediately.

She was speechless for a second before she finally could find her voice and says “Joong Ki oppa?”

Joongki smile widely and raise his right hand to wave at her, then answer her with “Annyeong!”

left hang opened, couldn’t believe that she met with Joongki, again.

Seohyun blinked, once, twice, then shook her head lightly.

“Wh…what are you doing here?” She asked, frowning in confusion.

“Uhm…having my breakfast just like you do, I guess”

“No…I mean..How…how come--”

Joongki cut her words. “How come I could be here? In Seoul? Uhm…what if I say that my office is near here”, a smile still plastered on his face.

“Ne?! Near….near he…here?” Seohyun asked him, still stuttered.

Then it made Joongki laughed, “Hahaha…Seohyun-ah…what’s wrong with you? I’m not a ghost, please be calm” then she rubbed Seohyun’s left arm.

“You really don’t know?” Joongki asked her.

“……..know what?” she asked back, blankly.

“Ayeee…you’re Seohyun! Don’t you notice something in front of your office? JK Art? Sunflower and yellow? Ah…how disappointing” Joongki said and acted to upset then he pouted his mouth.

Seohyun remained silent, trying to absorb everything. After a while, her brain seemed work properly again.

She gasped when she finally noticed something.

“So you're the one…” she hang her sentence.

Joongki smiled widely then nodded “Yes, I’m your new neighbor. So, may I join you to have my breakfast, new neighbor-ssi?”

 

You are a rainbow that flows like a river in my heart

I would run, I would soar and fly if you come into my heart

Even if I don’t run or chase after butterflies like a child

For a long long time, I would be remain by your side

And flow like a river next to you

I would run, I would fly

If you come into my heart

*********************************************************************************************************

ANNYEONG READERS ^^

First I'd love to say

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YO~~NG ^^

I hope you always get all blessed from God, and I wish you and CNBLUE all the best, also longlast with your Seo Joo Hyun, don't you ever make her cry, deal?

Kekeke :3

So, here's the new chap. How was it? Don't forget to tell me through your amazing comment, will you? :)

Well, at first I was planning to make and post the new chap yesterday, but I was ended up watching Yongseo on WGM all day.

I hope you like this chap.

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE 63 SUBSCRIBERS OF THIS STORY, YOU GUYS ARE DAEBAAKKKKKKKKKK

and THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENT at the previous chap, YOU'RE TOTTALY AWESOME. WOOHHOOOO ^^ *dancing IGAB*

 

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE :D

Enjoy reading! I'll see you in the next chap ^^