Brokenhearted

When The Rainbow Faded

 

BGM: Song Seung Heon – Even If Ten Years Passed

 

The darkness fills my mind
With the thoughts of you still by my side
Where have you gone?
Will you come back?
I feel so lost on my own

 

Seohyun’s P.O.V

 

From what I heard and what I saw, something bad must be happened since Yong oppa looked really troubled and totally worried when he picked up the call. And it was right, after he hang up, he went straight to the front door right away. I was asking him, I wondered what happened? What was wrong? Until he turned out like that. But he didn’t answer me, he just rushed to his car and left me alone, in front of my house. I was stunned, I didn’t understand what was really happened to him? I heard he mention about “Park Shin Hye”, who is she? Is she his patient? But, I think she’s not a common patient, considering his acted earlier. Is she really important that could make him just go like that on our wedding night and left me without even a single word?

 

Yeah, wedding night.

 

It’s not because I’m selfish or childish, or I just want to spend my time alone with my husband on our wedding night, well, it would be nice, but I can understand if he got an emergency call from the hospital or so on, but I was just hoping that at least he told me where he was going or explain something, I mean, anything about his condition, so I can understand him, clearly.

 

But he didn’t.

 

He went out from my house just like that, without even turning his back to look at me or telling me to go inside and he’ll comes back.

 

Oppa, where are you going?

You will come back, won’t you?

 

I feel the pain in my chest, it’s not the first time I got a chest pain, but it’s different. Usually, when I got a chest pain, I frowned and bit my lips as the reflects to reduced the pain, but it’s different, the pain didn’t made me frowning or biting my lips. But I felt something warm in my eyes.

 

Tears fall down from my eyes.

 

“Mwoya? Why do I feel sad and crying like this?”

I decide to get back to my house, hoping that he’ll be alright and nothing bad will happen to him, and finally having my late dinner, alone. Even I don’t have my appetite anymore, but I’ve to eat anyway, but it feels hard to even swallow my rice, it tasted bitter and felt like I was swallowing a lump. So I ended up staring blankly at my food for an hour, without doing anything and only thinking about him. I’m extremely worried, so I took my phone, and searching for his number.

 

“I should just call him, shouldn’t I?” I asked myself.

 For a moment I was just stared at my cellphone, and decide, no, I shouldn’t call him.

 

I touched “Back” on my phone screen, 11-02-13 shown at the corner of the screen.

 

11-02-13. I repeated on my mind.

 

Then I remember something.

In 2001, twelve years ago, we met at your noona’s wedding, Yong oppa.

Do you remember it? Isn’t it amazing that after twelve years, at the same date and month we’re bound as husband and wife?

 

I smiled bitterly and felt like I want to cry.

But no, I’m a grown up yeoja, I can’t be like this, absolutely not.

 

Inhale Joohyun…exhale….slowly…slowly…

I close my eyes and I repetitively tap the relaxing spot on my body, first on my pulse, second on my temple, continues to my cheekbone, until finally on my spine. When I feel  calmer, I let out a big sigh, then I decided to go to my room to get some rest.

 

When I entered my room, I was speechless that my room could be this beautiful. The flowers, the curtains, the sheet, the duvet and bedcover, and there’s even candles in my room. Whooaaa Eun Sook ahjumma really did a good job. If it’s not because of the scent of my room who was still the same, I couldn’t tell that this is really my room.

Somehow, the bitterness was come out again. The feels that I was swallowing a lump was rising again.

What’s the point of the beautiful room if my husband even left me on our first nigh as husband and wife? Keurae, I’ll just stop trying to find the reasoning of his action for now. I’ll just digest everything.

 

This is the first time I feel lonely in my own house, in my own room.


Without you here
It’s so hard to face the loneliness within

But I will try
And I won’t cry
 

 

After I changed clothes and wore my pajamas. I laid on my bed then pulled the duvet until it’s covering my body until my chin.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, right oppa?”. I asked the ceiling then I sleep afterwards, well trying to sleep, to be exact.

 

The phone call woke me up. I rubbed my eyes before I took my phone from the bedside drawer. It was already 00.25 am, and the phone call was from omma.

 

“Ne omma?” I asked with a hoarse voice.

“Joohyun-ah, you and Yonghwa palli go the hospital, grandma’s getting worse!” omma said frantically, her voice was near to a sobbed.

“Ne? Grandma?” I asked stupidly, since I wasn’t fully conscious.

Then I snapped to the reality.

“Alge….algeseumnida omma”

 

I got up hurriedly, I just tied my hair and I didn’t even change my pajamas and just grabbed my coat and wore my scarf. I took my phone and called Yong oppa immediately to informed him about grandma’s condition. As I ran to the downstairs I kept calling him but he didn’t pick up.

I stopped the taxi and get in right away while kept calling him, it was for the third times but still, he didn’t picked up.

 

“Is he in the midst of a surgery?”

 

So I stopped calling him and decided to just sending him a text.

 

On my way to the hospital, I kept praying and praying, hope that everything will be just fine and grand will get well soon.

 

“God…Please save her….”

 

End of P.O.V

 

 

From now until the end
My love remains the same
I will wait for you, my love
‘Cause I love you too much to let you go

I know it might seem so foolish to you what I’m saying right now
But I promise you it’s true
My heart forever belongs to you

 

Yonghwa’s P.O.V

I was driving my car crazily, I kept speeding up and speeding up until finally I reached EXO club less than 3 hours. When I heard her desperate voice, I was so frantic, imagining that maybe Shinhye’s going to do something stupid. On my way there, I can’t think anything but Shinhye, all I’ve to do now is coming there, as soon as I can and stay by her side despite everything she did to me. I can’t even think about revenge right now, let me just think about it later, for now, the important matter is her. I hurriedly get in to the club, after I parked my car, looking for Shinhye and found out that she was already got drunk and leaned her body on the bar. I sighed in relieved when I finally saw her, she was alright, afterall, only drunk. So I stepped closer to her and observed her face. I could see her cheeks were still damp because of tears, she closed her eyes but she murmured an incoherent words. Yes, I’m angry to her, I want to scream at her and asking

“Why did you left me?”

“What did I do wrong?”

 “Why did you broke up with me and choose that man?”

I want to throw a tantrum to her and felt like I want to strangle her. But as I stood beside her, beside the woman that I love for a very long time, seeing her in this horrible condition, suddenly my anger were fading away. Because deep down inside, I kept praying to see her again, to be with her again. I miss her, I miss her so much. I miss everything about her.

But despite everything, I miss us.

Yes, us. Me and her. Like the old times.

I stared at her quite long, relieved that I finally see her again and a half belief that if it’s really her? She’s really here? Only an inch from me? I caress her cheeks and wipe her tears. Seemed like my touched made her snapped, she opened her eyes slowly and looked up, only to see me stood up right beside her.

 “….Yong….Hwa….” she responded, in a low weak voice.

I smiled warmly.

 “Hmm….” Then I sat beside her.

She leaned backward and stared at me for awhile, before she said “You’re really come…”, still looking at me in disbelief, since it’s her first time to meet me again after 4 years she left me.

I just nodded then smiled to her.

“Wae?”

“Because you asked me to come” I answered, plainly.

Because despite everything that you did to me, I still love you, Shinhye.

End of P.O.V

 

Shinhye feels her eyes got warmer again after she heard Yonghwa’s words, and suddenly dry as if she hasn’t drink anything before, well, the fact is she already finished a bottle of tequila earlier.

“………….Don’t you hate me?” she finally asked.

“How could I don’t?”

“But now you here”

“Yeah. Now I’m here” he affirmed.

“Wae Yonghwa?.....Wae?” she asked, her voice were close to a sobbed.

Yonghwa just stared at her, with a concern look, eyes full of longing but also a disappointment.

Because I’m a paboo that still loving you who left me. Yonghwa thought.

Yonghwa just smiled bitterly then said “Let’s go, now. Where did you stay?”

Shinhye stared blankly at his face, first because she was still drunk and dizzy and second, because she relieved that she still has power on Yonghwa, that he will always comes to her whenever she tells him to. Yonghwa held her body and helped her to stand up, she just followed him and seeking his help to support her body.

Yonghwa brought her to his car, she told him the hotel where she stayed so he drove her there. 30 minutes later they were finally arrived at Shin Hwa hotel. Shinhye was a bit unconscious since she was really get drunk, so Yonghwa held her body tighter since she couldn’t work properly, when they already near to the opened elevator, Yonghwa was rushing but he wasn’t only holding Shin hye’s body but also her bag, it made his move become slower and heavier. He saw someone already entered the elevator, and when it near to closed, Yonghwa raised his voice asking for the man’s help.

“Please hold it a second!”

The man raised his eyebrows before he answered “Oh…ne..ne…”

Yonghwa hurriedly entered the elevator and nodded to the man as he said “Thank you”, then he stood behind that man.

The man also nodded to him and only smiled as his answer, he was observing Yonghwa who looked troubled with holding the drunk girl and also her bag, so the man decided to offer his help

“Uhm…what floor?”

“Ah…5 please….thank you”

The man pressed the 5 button as he said “It’s nothing”

Shinhye tightened her hugged in Yonghwa’s body, still closing her eyes but she managed to said “Yonghwa….don’t go….don’t leave me….”

Yonghwa also held her tighter and said “Ahrasseo…”

When they were waiting to reached their floor, the man took out his phone and made a phone call, since there were only three of them in the elevator, Yonghwa could here the conversation clearly.

“KwangSoo-yah…na-yah JoongKi….About the grand opening preparations, could you add more sunflower at the front and for my office room, painted it with yellow. She likes sunflower and yellow the most”

The man was giggled seemed like the person on the other line teasing him.

“And make sure, she didn’t find out yet! I owe you for this Kwangsoo-yah, thank you so much!”

Just right after the man cut his called, the “DING” sound heared, Yonghwa finally reached his floor at five, the man was move aside to give Yonghwa a larger access to went out from the elevator, while the man were still there, since his destination’s the 8 floor. Yonghwa was jut taking two steps forward when he heared someone called him.

“Hey wait! You dropped this!” said the man, handed Yonghwa’s ringing cell phone to him.

“Ah ne..Khamsahamnida” he said, as he took the phone then he looked at the LCD and saw Seohyun’s name on it.

The man just nodded and smiled before the elevator finally closed.

His phone was still ringing but he was ignoring it, since he wasn’t in a good condition to pick up a phone call, beside for now it’s only Shin Hye that he cares about.

***

(Hospital)

Seohyun was running panickly to grandma’s room, she was running and running, hoped that it will faster her way to see her grandma.

“Grandma… ottae…yo?” Seohyun said, panting and hold the door knob to support her body.

Ah Jung ran after her then hugged her, she was already crying.

Seohyun observed everybody in the room, all of them were staring worriedly at grandma who still laid at her bed with the doctor beside her and already gave her the CPR by pressing her chest. Her mom and Yonghwa’s mom face were wet by the streaming tears, and the fathers looked trying to be strong but the worried and scared feel were shown from their faces. She looked at the ECG monitor and witnessing the flat line shown on it.

Andwae.

Seohyun realized that this is not a good situation.

God please, help grandma….

Her eyes got warmer and warmer, before finally tears rolled down from her eyes, she hugged Ah Jung tightly and burned her face at the crook of Ah Jung’s neck.

Then she heard the doctor finally announced,

“Patient Han In Jae, time of death 1 past 10”

Jo doctor bowed low to her family as he said

“Cwaeseonghamnida… We’ve tried our best, but God has his own way. Jeongmal cwaesonghamnida…”

The doctor left the room with his two nurses and the other nurse pulled the duvet until it covered grandma’s face, after that she also bowed to Seohyun’s family and left the room.

NaYoung started to be hysterical, while Seohyun’s mom was crying hardly and being held by Mr. Seo. Mr. Jung also cried in her husband hugged. And Seohyun could only bent down his head and crying, Ah Jung hugged her tightly and crying on her shoulder.

“Grandma…..” Seohyun called her weakly.

***

(Seo family’s house)

Both Jung and Seo family were busy to set up the funeral ceremony to Han In Jae, arrange and setting the place that guest use for their last tribute to Han In Jae, arrange the flowers, foods, and every single thing they need for the traditional funeral ceremony. But Yonghwa, still can’t be seen there. Seohyun was kept calling Yonghwa while placing the bowl and plates for the food, but he didn’t picked up.

“He’s still not picking up?” Mr. Jung asked Seohyun, there was an anger in his voice.

“No…abeoji…”

“Tch! That little brat! He didn’t even pick up my calls. Joohyun-ah, was he really going to the hospital? Are you sure?”

Seohyun felt uneasy with the question since she, herself, doesn’t even know where did Yonghwa go.

“Uhm….I…I guess so…I mean, where else he would go if it’s not the hospital…” Seohyun hang her words.

Mr. Jung frowned, he found something fishy with Seohyun’s sentence.

“So..you…you’re not really sure where did he go?”

Seohyun bits her lips, it’s her habit to tells no lie, so when she lied to Mr. Jung saying that Yonghwa had an emergency call from the hospital so he rushed there, she couldn’t stay long with the lies she tell to her father-in-law.

“To be honest, I already made a phone call to SNU, he didn’t go there, he didn’t have any operating schedule” Mr. Jung said with a serious tone.

“Ne?!” Seohyun asked in surprised as she lifted her head and looked at Mr. Jung.

“So where did he go?”

“I….I…I’m sorry abeoji…I don’t know…” Seohyun answered with a very low voice, then bent down her head.

“Haish! Jeongmal geu jashik!” Mr. Jung cursed in frustration.

“But maybe he was going to his patient’s house or something abeoji. I’m sure he has his own reason for this. Please don’t be angry at him abeoji…”

Mr. Jung sighed in frustrated, knowing his only son didn’t even come to his grandma’s funeral and just left without a word.

“Ahrasseo…we shouldn’t bother about something else at Imo’s funeral….”

“Let me help you with that table abeoji” Seohyun smiled then she headed to the corner of the room.

***

(Shinhye’s hotel room)

Meanwhile, at the same time, Yonghwa was still sleeping on the couch, he stayed awake at night since Shinhye had a fever but such a relieved that she’s better now.

Shinhye was the first to woke up, disturbed by Yonghwa’s ringing phone. She got up from her bed and walked towards Yonghwa, his cellphone was in his shirt pocket, she bent her body and took the phone to checked who was calling Yonghwa in this early morning.

“Seohyun? Who’s Seohyun?” Shinhye mumbled as she looked at the caller’s name.

Is she his girlfriend? He….he has a girlfriend?!. Shinhye thought.

Just by thinking about those possibilities, she felt her heart aching. She straightened her boy and was about to pick up the call when suddenly a hand grabbed the phone.

She turned her body and found out Yonghwa was awake.

“I…I...just…” Shinhye stuttered.

Yonghwa scanning his phone, and could see that there’s 22 missed call and 5 text messages.

“Who’s Seohyun?” Shinhye asked him.

Yonghwa didn’t answered, he placed his palm on Shinhye’s forehead and murmuring

“It’s better now”

“You want to have your breakfast here or downstair?” Yonghwa continued.

“Answer me first. Who’s Seohyun?” she insisted, as she folded her hands.

“Here or downstairs?” Yonghwa repeted his question, coldly.

Shinhye knew that if he didn’t want to tell about something then he won’t, and she can force him. So, it’s better for her to just answer him.

“I’ll call for the room service” She said, headed to the telephone.

Yonghwa was sitting at the couch and checking for his phone once again now that he fully get back to his sense. Those missed call were 18 from Seohyun, 2 from his father, and 2 from his bestfriend, Minhyuk. He frowned, feeling like something serious must be happened, so he checked the message first instead of calling back, those messages were 3 from Seohyun, and his father and Minhyuk. He was totally surprised with what just he saw at his cellphone. He finally found out something about his grandma’s. He got up from his seat abruptly, searching for his car key. While Shinhye was frowning at him, confused with his act. She walked closer to him and asked.

“Hey, something happened?”

“Oh” Yonghwa anwered shortly, still searching for his key.

“Do you see my car key?” he added.

Shinhye still confused with his sudden pale face, so he asked him again.

“What happened? You look unwell” She said, right hand reached for his cheek.

Yonghwa stayed still by her move. He couldn’t believe that finally he felt her touched again.

“I’m fine” he said, and finally found his key that was hid on the couch by the pillow.

“I’ve to go now”

He was only taking three steps when Shinhye suddenly backhugged him.

“Yonghwa….” Shinhye said as she tightened her hugged.

Yonghwa was froze. In fact, he didn’t want to leave her but he must come to his grandma’s funeral. He was trying to loosen her hand, but she just tightened it.

“Mianhae….”

Yonghwa loosened her hands and turned her body to face her.

“I’ve to go to my grandma’s funeral, please understand” he finally explained.

Shinhye was gasped and covered with both hands.

“I’m sorry…I don’t--”

“It’s okay. I must go now”

“Yonghwa….I--”

“We’ll talk about everything that you want to talk, later”

“Ahrasseo” she backed down.

“I go now. Bye”

Then Yonghwa made his moves to went out from Shinhye’s room

She followed behind him and stopped in front of the door then said “Bye”

Shinhye closed the door weakly, then she turned her body, leaned on the door, observing her large room that even felt larger when she’s alone now.

***

(Seo family’s house)

When Yonghwa arrived at Busan, Seohyun’s house already crowded by people who get in and get out of the house. He felt uneasy even more. Hesitantly he then entered the house, and found out that his family was already wearing a black clothes. Mr. Jung was the first who aware with his prescence. Admiting his fault Yonghwa nodded at his father then proceed to walked towards him.

“Abeoji I--”

“Change your clothes. Hurry!” Mr. Jung ordered when Yonghwa was stood beside him.

“Ahrasseo”

When he was heading to the upstairs, he met Seohyun.

“Oh, oppa? Wasseoyo?” She asked, surprised but surely happy.

“Ne…Where can I change my clothes?”

“Ah right! You can use my bedroom, I already prepare the suit for you, follow me”

Then she turned her body, headed to her bedroom, Yonghwa just followed behind.

“Here… ” Joohyun gave him his suit when they were finally get in to her room.

“Take your time oppa…” she added.

“Ne. Gomawoo” Yonghwa said as he took the suit.

“Uhm…is everything alright oppa? How’s your patient condition?”

“Huh?” Yonghwa frowned.

“Patient? What patient?”

Seohyun raised her eyebrow, before she said “…..Your patient, earlier…after that phone call, you left immediately, wasn’t it because of your patient?”

“Ah…keugae…uhm…I’m sorry I just left you like that…mian…”

Seohyun still smiled warmly even if Yonghwa could see her puffy eyes, because of the sadness for her passed away grandma.

“Aniya…kwaencanhayo…I understand…So, your patient is alright now?”

“Huh? Ne…She’s better now…”

Ah. So it’s really a yeoja. Seohyun thought.

“Such a relief then… Well, do you need something oppa?”

“Uhm..no..that’s no need…Thank you so much Seohyun”

Seohyun nodded and smiled, then she says “I’ll go down first oppa”

“Okay”

I’m sorry Seohyun. Yonghwa said in his mind.

Then Seohyun went out from her room and closed the door. She leaned on the door, still grasping the door knob with both her hands. She bent down his head, and teardrops to her cheek. Right now, she knew she’s not crying for her grandma.

You must be have your own reason for not telling me the truth oppa. Whatever you said, I’ll always trust you. Because I love you.

She let out a sigh and trying to calm herself and finally went downstairs.

 

Could you please just give me a sign?
Let me prove to you it’s not a lie

From now until the end
My love will never change
No matter how much time
Passes us by, I don’t care

From now until the end
My love remains the same
I will wait for you, my love
Oh, let me wait for you, my love
Even if we never meet, my heart is yours

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

GUYSSSSSS ANNYEONGGGGGGGGGG ^^

Whooaaa.... It's really been a long time.

I know it's such a late update, I'm really really sorry.... But, my thesis really stole all of my attention. 

Feels like my head is going to explode sometime soon.

But THANK YOU, THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH for being my loyal subscribers, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. You've no idea how grateful I am to have you guys as my readers. :')

I can't believe that this little story of mine could get attention for all of you, because at first I was writing this story as distraction for my former FF titled "Don't Forgive Me", I was stucked with that story back then, and the idea for this FF was like floating on my minds.

Again, thank you for reading this story.

 

WELCOME NEW SUBSCRIBERS and THANK YOU SO MUCH MY LOYAL SUBSCRIBERS AND READERS, ALSO THOSE WHO LEFT COMMENT TO THIS STORY, THANK YOU ^^

 

Well, for new readers I really hope that you'll subscribe and leave a comment to my story it will means a lot to me. :)

 

I hope you like this chapter even if it's lame *I admit it*, but I'll make it up to you by updating sooner.

Enjoy reading and have a good day/night ^^