Twisted

When The Rainbow Faded

BGM: JYJ – Fallen Leaves

 

“Ah…I’m full. Thanks for the food omma! I’ll definitely miss your delicious food when I got back in Seoul…” Seohyun said, she wiped her lips with the napkin then drink her water.

“Then you should go home more often Joohyun-ah…” Mrs. Seo said and smiled to her daughter.

“My work? My clients? My students? How about them, I couldn’t just throw them away right omma?”

“Ahrasseo…don’t force yourself too much on work, okay?” Mrs. Seo said and she brought the dirty plates to the kitchen.

Seohyun and Mr. Seo were still in the dining room, Mr. Seo didn’t finish yet with his food. When Seohyun stood up and she was about to leave, Mr. Seo put down his chopsticks and says

“Wait Joohyun-ah…”

Seohyun back to her seat and asked her father “Wae appa?”

“You’re going to meet Doctor Jang today, aren’t you?”

“Ne appa. Waeyo?”

Mr. Seo nodded before he says “Don’t let yourself work too much and get tired, ahrajji?” he looks straight to Seohyun eyes, he really means with his words.

Seohyun gulp her water once again, after she placed her glass on the table, she reached her father hands and held it tightly.

“Algeseumnida appa… Please don’t get too worry about me, I can take care of myself. I’m fine, I really fine” Seohyun smiled.

They both stood up. Mr. Seo caressed Seohyun cheek as he says

“My daughter is grown up, and she’ll married soon…Ah….I guess I’m older too early”

Seohyun leaned closer and hugged her father.

“But you’re still handsome…I want to married a namja like you abeoji”

“Ah really? Then..otteokhaeyo? I’m a little more handsome than Yonghwa”

Seohyun chuckeld in his neck and says “You’re right appa…but it’s okay, he’s just a little bit uglier than you, I can bear it”

Mr. Seo leaned back and released Seohyun from his embrace. He smiled to her and says

“Live long and be happy Joohyun-ah…”

“Ne…so do you, abeoji…”

“Ah..abeoji I think I’ve to go now or I’ll be late to catch my flight” Seohyun added.

“Okay. Be careful! Send my regard to Doctor Jang”

“Ahrasseoyo…and abeoji would you send my apology to grandma and granddad since I’ve to go early and they’re still sleeping, I can’t greet them properly…Tell them I love them so much…”

“Ahrasseo…I’ll tell them once they’re wake up…”

“Joohyun-ah….the taxi is already here!” Mrs. Seo shouted from the front door.

“Ah..appa..I’ll leave now. Saranghae appa, bye!” Seohyun said as she kissed her father cheek.

“Nado saranghae. Bye!”

Then Seohyun rushed to the front door where her mother already waited for her and handed Seohyun the packed foods. Mr. Seo followed behind her.

“Gomawooyo omma…I’ll leave now. Saranghae!” Seohyun issed her mother cheek.

“I love you too! Be safe!”

“Bye!” Seohyun get in to the taxi and waves to her parents.

Mr. Seo and his wife also waving to Seohyun.

***

Around 30 minutes later, in 08.30 am, Seohyun finally arrived at the hospital. Since she was already made an appointment with Doctor Jang, so right after she arrived at the hospital, she goes straight to Doctor Jang’s room immediately.

Seohyun knocked the door and says “Jang sunsaeng…it’s me Joohyun…”

“Oh…come in!” dr. Jang answered from inside.

“Annyeonghaseyo…” Seohyun said as she got in to the room and bowed to dr. Jang.

“Annyeong Joohyun-ah. Please have a seat…” dr. Jang smiled to her.

“Ne…khamsahamnida…”

“Yah….oraenmanineyo. How have you been?” dr. Jang asked as he signed the files on his desk.

“Ah…ne… I’ve been good…how about you sunsaengnim?”

“I guess I’m doing great. It’s been two months if I’m not mistaken…?”

“Ne…” Seohyun said and looked down, she felt a bit uneasy since she hadn’t took the routine medical check up every two weeks in a month.

“Seems like you admit your mistake Joohyun-ah…” dr. Jang said then he looked to her.

“Cwaesonghamnida…” Seohyun said, she still couldn’t looked to dr. Jang eyes.

Seohyun has been dr. Jang patient for seven years, so they relationship were really close. He’s like her second father. So knowing that she already made a mistake in font of dr. Jang, she felt a bit uneasy.

“Don’t do that again or I’ll lance your chest and put a mechanic valve on your heart”

“Ne…algeseumnida…cwaesonghamnida sunsaengnim…I’ve been really busy lately”

“Alright then…let’s check your pulse…”

 Then doctor Jung was starting to do some diagnoses that is necessary to Seohyun. After he was done with the diagnoses, he put down his stethoschope and looked straight to Seohyun.

“How do you feel lately?”

“I feel better…my palms doesn’t sweaty as much as before, it’s reducing now…”

“It’s good thing then…Your breathe?”

“Uhm…I guess I feel It’ll shorten when I do too much activity”

“Alright…any other compliant about your condition?”

“Hmm…I don’t think so…The rest is just the same…I still can’t lying down because it makes me hard to catch a breath…and sometimes my leg and feet got swollen, yeah..just like the usual..”

“I see…then what if we do it around these months?”

“Do…..what?”

“The surgery”

“Ne?! Why with the surgery, suddenly…”

“Listen Joohyun-ah…your condition is good enough, for now, but your type of illness is kind of that I can’t predict when will it get worsen, I mean, for now you could seem like you’re healthy bur how about next month? There’s no guarantee that you’ll just look as healthy as today. So let’s just do the surgical treatment, before the regurgitation got worsen, I won’t do the valve replacement, I’ll just do the repair one”

Seohyun just silent and listen carefully to dr. Jang explanation.

Hearing nothing from Seohyun, dr. Jang continues his sentence.

“What are you waiting for now, Joohyun-ah? In the past, you said you don’t want to take the surgical treatment because your family don’t have enough money to do that so I can’t force you back then. But now? You already became the successful  psychologist and even teaching in DongGuk, I can guarantee that money’s not the matter for you right now, so what are you waiting for?”

“But you said that my condition is good enough now, I’m sure I’ll show you a better progress when I come here to do my medical checks, I ate my pills routinely, I didn’t eat the foods that can worsen my condition, sunsaengnim…could you just get me the usual medicine?”

“…..Hhh….alright if you insisted to not getting the surgical treatment from me, but, now you live in Seoul, there’s a lot of better hospital there that can give you the best treatment than here, in Busan. How about if I reffer you to another doctor in Seoul hospital? He’s someone I know and he’s the best surgeon in South Korea”

“Dwaesseoyo…I’m your patient since I was 18 years old. I’ll feel uncomfortable if he becomes my doctor, I’ll be your loyal patient till the end sunsaengnim!” Seohyun said and reached dr. Jang hands only to held it tightly.

“Ayee… there’s no point to be a loyal patient, you should recover quickly and resign from my patients list!” dr. Jang said and smiled playfully.

Seohyun released his hands, then folded her arms on her chest and says “What? So….sunsaengnim…you don’t want to see this beautiful girl again?”

“Yes! Shiro!  I meet you too often, since you’re a highschool student, then a college student, and even now when you’re already grown up, come on…I want to meet another beautiful patient too, so stop haunting me!” dr. Jang said and acted like he was angry at Seohyun.

“Ah sunsaengnim!” Seohyun said and slapped dr. Jang hand.

“Now you even abusing me…what a rude patient...just go to the hospital in Seoul!”

“Sunsaengnim!!” Seohyun eyes were widening and raised her hands, her acted like she wanted to slapped his hand again.

“Hahahahah…ahrasseo… I was just kidding Joohyun-ah…”

“I know. Me too”

“Hahaha… It’s always fun to meet you”

“Ne…I do feel the same way. So, you really don’t want to see me again sunsaengnim?” Seohyun said and pouted.

“Aniyo…it’s not like that. I just wish that you can recover quickly and in the future I can meet you as the most beautiful psychologist ever, Seo Joo Hyun”

“You’ll sad if you don’t see me anymore, won’t you?”

“Of course!”

“Then I won’t take that surgical treatment, so you can see me often. Hahaha. Now, give me my prescription, and sunsaengnim could you stock it for a month? I’m afraid that I couldn’t manage to come here, I’ve a lot of business until 2 months ahead”

“Ahrasseo…. Yah….jeongmal…I will never win over you” dr. Jang said as he wrote the prescription.

When he was done, he handed the paper to Seohyun but when Seohyun was bout to reached it, he raised it higher and says “But promise me, once you feel like ran out of breath, bad headache, or chest pain, go to the hospital and do the surgery immediately!”

Seohyun nodded then smiled “Ahrasseoyo Jang sunsaeng…”

Dr. Jang gave the prescription to her, Seohyun took it happily and says “dr. Jang you’re jjang!”

“Ah…my abeoji sends his regard to you”

“Really? How’s your father? Your mother? It’s been a long time since I played tennis with him. Send my regard to your parents too”

“Algeseumnida… They’re fine, appa never skipped his exercise”

“Yah… Your father’s still the same, he really a healthy man”

“Yeah…very different with his sickly daughter…” Seohyun said, she smiled, but it was a bitter smile.

dr.Jang looked at her in concern, he new that it must be hard for her to go through this kind of illness in her young age and successful career.

“Then do the surgery like I said!”

“Ah…quit the surgery talks sunsaengnim! Better I’ll leave now, I’ve to catch my flight!” Seohyun said as she stood up from her seat and turned her heels to leave the room.

Dr. Jang was about to say something to her but she already turned her body.

She turned her body back to looked at dr. Jang, smiled genuinely to him.

“Gomawoyoo ahjusshi! I’ll leave now” Seohyun said and bowed deeply to him.

Dr. Jang smiled and says “Oh…be safe on your flight. Annyeonghi!”

Seohyun just smiled and waved at him, then she went out from dr. Jang room, headed to the pharmacy inside the hospital.

***

After gave the prescription and get the medicine she needs from to pharmacy, Seohyun was in a rushed to the entrance door, afraid that she’ll late for her flight to Seoul. On the way there, her phone was ringing, as she walked, she was busy to stirred her stuff on her bag until she didn’t realize when she was bumping with someone.

“Oh…cwaesonghamnida…” Seohyun apologized as she bowed to someone that she bumped.

“Ne…kwaencanhanyo”

When Seohyun lifted her head after a bowed that she made, she was stopped to stirred her bag and just stared to the person in front of her.

“Seohyun-ah?”

 

“Seohyun-ah? That name…that voice….”

 

Seohyun was froze and stared at the figure in front of her, ignored her phone that keep on ringing.

“You’re Seo Joo Hyun, aren’t you?”

Her phone stopped ringing and finally Seohyun snapped back and answered the question.

“Nn…ne…ann…annyeonghaseyo…Joongki oppa…” Seohyun stuttered but she still managed to smiled and bowed to him, even it was an awkward smile.

“Whoooa…it’s really you! And you still recognize me?! What a luck! Ne…annyeonghaseyo!” Joongki also smiled and bowed to her.

“It’s been a long time…How are you Seohyun-ah?” Joongki asked as he kept his smiled plastered on his face.

“I’m…I’m fine…How…about you?” Seohyun asked, she felt so nervous, she still couldn’t believe that she finally met him again, mainly, in this kind of situation.

“A little bit unwell, I had a bad headache, that’s why I’m here. What are you doing here Seohyun-ah?”

“Ah….nan….nan… I had a fever, so--”

Seohyun sentence were cut by what Joongki did to her. Meeting him after all those years were shocking her and what he did to her now, definitely made her frozen.

He placed his palm on her forehead, seemed like he was trying to feel her temperature.

“Hey…you’re cold…your forehead’s sweaty, are you really okay Seohyun-ah?” Joongki asked her with full of concerned, his face looked so serious and even wiped her forehead with his thumb.

Once again, she was frozen on her position.

Joong ki observed Seohyun face before he said “Seohyun-ah…you look pale…”

“….I’m alright oppa…ah..I’m sorry I mean sunbaenim…”

There was a change of expression in Joongki face.

“….Sunbaenim? You used to called me oppa…wae subaenim kkabjaghi?”

“Mianhamnida…it’s just…It feels a little bit strange to call you oppa since our last met”

“Ah…about that…Truthfully…I was--”

His sentence were cut by Seohyun’s phone.

“Ah! Wait a second sunbaenim”

Seohyun stirred her bag and finally found her phone, she picked it up immediately. It was from her staff, remembering her that she had an appointment after the lunch time, around 1 pm.

“Ne…khamsahamnida…” Seohyun said and hang up.

“Ah….cwawsonghaeyo sunbaenim…”

“Aniya…kwaencnaha…Seohyun-ah please stop calling me sunbaenim…I feel weird to hear that from you, and I want to explain about something to you, what happen 9 years ago--”

“Sunbaenim I’m sorry, but I’m in a rush, I’ve to catch up my flight to Seoul at 11, I’m sorry for my rudeness, but I really have to go now”

“Ah really? Yes..yes..of course…I’m sorry if I made you hold here”

“Kwaencanhayo. Nice to see you again…”

“Ne…I’m glad to see you too. Let’s meet again sometime Seohyun-ah, we’ll definitely meet again, soon!”

“Ne?” Seohyun frowned, didn’t understand with his words.

“Aniya…just go…or you’ll be late with your flight. Be safe Seohyun-ah, and till we meet again!” Joongki said, his smiled back plastered on his face.

“Annyeonghigyeseyo….sunbaenim…” Seohyun bowed and smiled before she left Joongki.

Joongki could only shared his bitter smiled as he stares at Seohyun back, regretting she was no longer called him “oppa” like she used to.

“Right…it’s all because of me. But this time, no, I won’t be a coward like I was 9 years ago, I won’t lose this second chance, just wait, wait for me, Seohyun-ah…” Joongki mumbled quietly to himself.

***

On her way to the airport, Seohyun minds was flew away to several minutes ago, when she met Joongki. What a coincidence they had!

“What’s wrong with my life? People from my past keep coming unexpectedly”

But, she couldn’t denied she felt happy when she finally could see Joongki again despite those sadness and those painful periods when Joongki left her without a word. Seeing his face, his smile, hearing his voice calling her “Seohyun-ah”, made Seohyun happy.

“Why now?” Seohyun whispered.

Seohyun shook her head and tried to distract her minds from thinking of Joongki.

20 minutes later, she was arrived at the airport. Seohyun was rushing to her gate. Once she managed to get in to the plane and have her seat, she decided to take a nap, since she got an insomnia last night.

***

“Cwaesonghamnida… I almost late!” Seohyun panting when she finally arrived at her bureau.

“Thanks God, you made it Joo Hyun-ssi, waeyo? It’s just sooo not your style!” Taeyeon, the receptionist on her bureau looked at her in a confussion, because it was just so rare for Seohyun to come almost late.

“The traffic was just soooo disaster, really!” Seohyun explained, she was still to trying to breath normally.

“Wait, Kang Min Hee will be here in……15 minutes right onnie?” She continued after she glanced to her watch.

“Ne…Joo Hyun-ssi. Do you need something?”

“Okay then, I’ll just go to my room. Uhm…would you mind to tell ahjummoni to get me an apple juice?”

“Ne…algeseumnida” Taeyeon smiled and started to raised her telephone to ma a call to the pantry section.

“Gomawoyoo onnie, I’ll go to my room now, bye!”

After she get in to her room, she prepared her files and paper immediately, when she was still busy to made the preparation for the treatment later. Nicole, her colleague, also her bestfriend since they were still in highschool get in to her room.

“Yah Seo Joo Hyun! Why you didn’t answer my call?” Nicole asked as she kept walking to Seohyun desk.

“Oh? Cole-ah annyeong!” Seohyun just greet her, didn’t answering her question, and still preparing her files.

“Why you didn’t answer my call? Did you really go to Busan? Or….did you go to somewhere else?” Nicole interrogated her.

Seohyun chuckled and looked to Nicole.

“Of course I went to Busan!” Seohyun finished her preparation and now she pay full attention to Nicole.

“You’ve no idea whom I met in Busan!” Seohyun whispered then she smiled mischievously.

Nicole eyes were widening then she walked closer to Seohyun.

“Mwoya mwoya? Tell me!”

Someone knocked her door and said “Seo Joo Hyun-ssi…here’s your apple juice…”

“Ah ne…ahjummoni come in”

Ahjummoni get in then place a glass of apple juice on Seohyun desk.

“Khamsahamnida ahjummoni..” Seohyun said as she too her glass and sip her juice.

“Ne…” Ahjummoni bowed to Seohyun and Nicole then left the room.

“I’ll tell you later! I’ve an appointment with my client now!” Seohyun said and winked to Nicole.

“Yah! If you don’t want to tell me at this second that don’t even say about it. Awwh so annoying!” Nicole pouted.

“Hahahaha” Seohyun laughed, she felt satisfied to friend.

“You have to tell me AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ahrasseo?!”

“Yes madame!”

“Hey…. Did you have lunch?” Nicole continued her sentence.

“Uhm…not yet. But I got my juice here, so it’s okay. I’ll have it later after my session with Kang Min Hee-ssi’s finish”

“Let’s go to the italian restaurant after you finish, okay?”

“Noted!”

Then the telephone on Seohyun’s room was ringing, it was from Taeyeon who informed her client were arrived.

“Let her in onnie…Gomawooyo” she hang up.

“I think I should go now, but…wait, is she Kang Min Hee-ssi?”

“Ne, wae?”

“it means, her brother, Kang Min Hyuk-ssi, also comes here, right?” Nicole asked her with her sparkling eyes.

Seohyun chuckled and asked her “Wae? You want to say your regard again to him?”

Nicole leaned forward and grasped Seohyun hands, she grinned.

“Ne…would you do it for me?”

“Ayeee…did you forget already? We’re psychologist! We’re forbid to make an intimate relationship with client, at least until 2 years, remember?”

“But he’s not the client! It’s his sister! And she’s your client not mine, so--”

*knock* *knock*

“Ayeee palli kha! My clien’s already here!” Seohyun said as she stood up and shoo Nicole away.

“Ahrasseo ahrasseo!”

Seohyun opened the door and greet her client.

“Annyeonghaseyo Kang Min Hee-ssi, Kang Min Hyuk-ssi”

“Annyeonghaseyo…” Nicole also followed Seohyun to greet them

“Annyeonghaseyo Seo Joo Hyun-ssi, Nicole-ssi” Min Hyuk greet them.

His sister just smiled and bowed to them.

Nicole leave them and she was heading to her room.

“Noona…call me when you’re finish, I’ll fetch you” Min Hyuk said and patted his sister back.

“Ahrasseo…” Min Hee said.

“I’ll leave first, Seo Joo Hyun-ssi” Min Hyuk smiled and bowed to her.

“Ne…drive safely Kang Min Hyuk-ssi” Seohyun also smiled and bowed to him.

Seohyun and Min Hee entered the room. Seohyun let Min Hee to have a seat on the couch first while she was heading to her desk to get Min Hee files, she’s been her client for about two months, her problem now is still the same, commitment phobia, so for today, Seohyun’s planning to continue the treatment session and probed her deeper.

Once she sat on the couch beside Min Hee, she gave the genuine smile to her.

“Did you have lunch?” Seohyun started her conversation.

“Yes I had lunch. How about you Joo Hyun-ssi?”

“I haven’t, but it’s okay, I’m on diet anyway”

“Haha…Waeyo? You’re already skinny!”

“But I want to have the S line like you Min Hee-ssi!”

“Hahaha….jeongmalyo?” Min Hee said as she placed her palm on her cheek and her cheeks were blushing.

Seohyun smiled and nodded, then she asked her “So….how do you feel right now Min Hee-ssi?”

“Uhm…much better….I want to tell you something…two weeks ago…I meet with a guy, he’s….”

Then Min Hee started to tell her story with her widening and sparkling eyes, and sooo enthusiastically. Seohyun admit that she looked much better now, very different with the first time her brother brought her to Seohyuns’s bureau. After Min Hee finished with her story, Seohyun was starting to give the treatment to her. In around 3 and a half hours, the session were finished. After they made a deal about the time and day for the nest session, Seohyun sent Min Hee to her door.

“You’ve worked hard, Min Hee-ssi”

“Khamsahamnida, you’ve work hard too Joo Hyun-ssi…”

“Ah…khamsahamnida…” Seohyun smiled then bowed to her.

“Is Kang Min Hyuk-ssi already here?”

“Uhm…not yet. But he’ll be here soon. I told her earlier that maybe I’ll finish the session in around 4 hours…”

“Is that so? Well, you can wait him in the lobby, I’ll company you then…”

“No…you don’t have to Joo Hyun-ssi, you’re still have a lot things to do, beside Min Hyuk will be here in a minute don’t worry”

“It’s okay, I don’t have any appointment left for today, beside today I’ll teaching for the night class, so…. let’s go…”

“Jeongmal khamsahamnida for your concern Seo Joo Hyun-ssi…”

“Animida…khajja…”

Seohyun and Min Hee were heading to the lobby, but Min Hyuk was already there and was cheating with Nicole.

“Min Hyuk-ah…”

Min Hyuk lifted his head and said “Oh…noona…you’re finish already?”

He smiled then bent his head to Nicole and stood up to approached his sister.

“Ne…Seo Joo Hyun-ssi said I’ve work hard today!” Min Hee said cheerfully.

“Really? Whoooaa…my noona is jjang!” Min Hyuk said then he hugged her.

He leaned back and released Min Hee, then he looked at Seohyun.

“Khamsahamnida Seo Joo Hyun-ssi” Min Hyuk bowed to Seohyun.

“You’re most welcome Kang Min Hyuk-ssi”

Nicole also stood from her seat and approached Seohyun, she took every single chance to be closer to Minhyuk.

“Keurom…We’ll go now, Seo Joo Hyun-ssi, Nicole-ssi” Min Hyuk said.

“Ah ne… Annyeonghigyeseyo…” Seohyun smiled and bowed to them and Nicole followed her.

“Annyeonghigyeseyo…”Min Hyuk and Min Hee said in unison.

When they left the bureau, Nicole folded her arms and stared at her.

“Yah! Why were you finish so early! I just made a conversation with him!”

“Sorry! My bad! Me~rong!” Seohyun said and ran to her room.

“Yah! Neo chincha!”

Nicole followed Seohyun to her room.

“Joo Hyun-ah let’s go the the Italian restaurant now! I’m hungry!”

“Are you really hungry or just want to hear my story?”

“Hhh…. Alright, now I know what’s the reason behind those scholarships that you got in college. They didn’t label you as a laude for nothing!”

“Ayeee…. It’s not because of that. I guess I know you really well, Cole-ah. But, let’s go I’m hungry!”

“Yeayy!! Can’t wait to hear your story”

***

The Italian restaurant’s only a few blocks from her bureau, son in around ten minutes, they finally arrived and order their foods. While they were waiting for the witress to serve the foods, Nicole started to probed Seohyun. Seohyun began to tell her bestfriend everything that happened to her in Busan. How fate twisted her life in just a blink of eyes.

“Ah…chukaeee!!!” Nicole cheered happily and hugged Seohyun.

“Yah! You’re so noisy. People are looking!” Seohyun released her body forcefully from Nicole.

“Wae? I’m just happy that finally my best friend dream will becomes true! Isn’t it a good thing that you’ll marry your first love?”

“Ah…gomawoo…” Nicole continued when the waitress put her drinks.

“Yeah..but it was just too sudden. I always think that Yong oppa is just an “out-of-reach” to a girl like me…he’s just….too good to be true…”

“Don’t start again Joohyun, you always look down to yourself. I don’t get it that even now you still have this side of yours”

Seohyun just smiled then her apple juice through a straw.

“Just be grateful Joohyun-ah, and didn’t you said that he also doesn’t have a girlfriend? Well… I think it’s what we called fate!” Nicole said as she raised her right hand and pointed to Seohyun with her index finger.

“Ne…algeseumnida miss fortune teller…” Seohyun said then she giggled.

Finally they ordered were being bought by the waitress. Seohyun took her fork and start to chew her macaroni since she’s already starving.

“When will you meet him again? Let’s just come to SNU, you know… Min Hyuk-ssi is also work there” Nicole grinned.

“Tsk! You’re not teenager Jung Nicole-ssi, stop looking like a lovesick puppy, will you?”

“And…mwolla…I don’t make a contact yet to him for today” Seohyun added.

“Then text him now, or call him! He’s your husband to be Joohyun!”

“You think so? But I’m a woman, I should be the one who got text from her namja! Beside if I make a contact to him, I’m afraid that it will disturbing him. What if he feels burden by my stupid act?” Seohyun asked, falteringly.

Nicole rolled her eyes then says “Oh my God Seo Joo Hyun! You know, at time like this I really doubt your cleverness, how come you always doing more than perfect on your study, but when it comes to boys matter, you know nothing, absolutely zero!”

“Stop that! Just answer me miss drama queen!” Seohyun said in annoyance.

“Go ahead. Just text or call him. You’re gonna married soon. Text your groom is not a sinful thing! If you don’t want to do that, then let me, give me your i-phone!”

“Ahrasseo! I’ll text him, I’m afraid that maybe he will be in an operating room if I call him” Seohyun said as she took out her phone from her purse.

“But….what should I say to him?” Seohyun asked, her eyes looked blank.

“Geez! Just something… Like you know, “Oppa, have you eaten?” or “Fighting on your work”, even those simple things you really have no idea Joohyun?”

“Thank you Master!” Seohyun smiled then she began to typed her text.

 

Annyeonghaseyo Yong oppa ^^

How are you today?

How’s your work? I hope you’re doing well~

Please eat well and don’t force yourself too much on work oppa~

Fighting ^^

 

“Done!” Seohyun smiled and put her phone on the table.

“Good girl!”

“Nicole-ah…Haven’t I told you that I also met Joongki oppa in Busan?” Seohyun asked without even too a glance at Nicole, and just continued with her foods.

Nicole spit her risotto.

“Yah!” Seohyun almost shouted in annoyance.

Nicole hurriedly wiped with the tissues.

“Joongki? Song Joongki sunbaenim? That bastard?!” Nicole asked in disbelief, her eyes were widened.

“You don’t even say sorry for spitting risotto to me” Seohyun said she was still wiping her face.

“Ahrasseo, mian, okay? I was just sooo surprised. You really met him? Where? When? You didn’t met him after that day right? Whooaa…he really like a ghost!”

Seohyun looked down and stirred her apple juice.

“Ne...this is our first met after 9 years”

“What did he wants right now? Don’t say that he wants to comeback to you” Nicole said and continued to eat her risotto, but her face still looked annoyed.

“Ayeee…what’s with that “comeback to me” sentence, it’s not like I was kind of in a relationship with him before” Seohyun said, didn’t continued to eat but she was just stirring her macaroni.

“Ahra. But your relationship with back then was more than senior-junior and more than friends, just admit it”

“…….Mwolla”

Nicole put down her spoon and started to interrogate Seohyun again.

“What did he say to you? I hope he won’t make any problem now”

“Uhm….nothing….just a simple small talks…nothing serious…”

*Beeped*

Seohyun checks her phone and open the message, it’s from Yonghwa.

 

Annyeong Seohyun-ah!

Thank you! And Seohyun-ah, I’m on my way to Jeju island for about two weeks, I’m sorry maybe I can’t contact you since I’ll be placed at the countryside and it’ll be rare of signal there.

Fighting for you too!

 

Seohyun eyebrow raises for a second when she reads the message, then she replies Yonghwa message immediately.

It’s alright oppa, I understand.

Be safe and don’t forget to eat, oppa.

Fighting! ^^

She waits for a reply from Yonghwa but it doesn’t come.

“Seems like he's already busy” Seohyun thought.

“What? There’s a problem? Was it about your nampyeon?” Nicole said.

“Ne?! Ani…it’s just that Yonghwa oppa’s going to Jeju for two weeks so he said that he couldn’t contact me during those days”

“Ah…miss him already?” Nicole smiled mischievously.

“Aniyo! Of course not!” Seohyun said as her face were reddened.

“Hahaha…just admit Seo Joo Hyun-ssi!”

“Aniyo! I said no!!”

Seohyun was busy to denied her feeling while Nicole was satisfied to bestfriend again, and again, and again.

***

Seohyun live her life just like her usual. Teaching in DongGuk and meeting her clients, deciding what treatment or psychotherapy she should gives to her clients. But, she feel happier and brighter, everytime she thinks or remembering Yonghwa.

Until one day, two weeks after the meeting in her house with Jung family, her mother called her informed that grandma condition’s worsen and she’s being hospitalized in Busan Paik Hospital since yesterday. Seohyun immediately booked the airplane ticket that day and charge Nicole to took care everything in her bureau when she’s in Busan.

During her flight to Busan and finally arrived at the airport and get in the taxi, her minds were flew away, she was really afraid that something bad will happen to her grandma. Once she was arriving at the hospital, she was running to her grandma room, and finally she found her father and Jung Tae Hun were standing in front of her grandma’s room door.

“Appa…”

“Joohyun-ah…” Mr. Seo waved to her.

Seohyun ran to approached them.

“Annyeonghaseyo abeoji” Seohyun greet Mr. Jung

“Finally…you come Joohyun-ah” Mr. Jung said then patted her shoulder.

“Ne…I’m sorry that I come so late, there’s a small problem in the bureau”

“It’s okay, you’re here now…” Mr. Jung said and smiled to her.

Seohyun just smiled then stepped closer to her father.

“How’s grandma appa?”

“She’s sleeping now, but she’s so weak…”

“Now you already here, so let’s get in” Mr. Jung suggested then he entered the room.

Inside the room there’s her mother, granddad, and Mrs. Jung. Seohyun’s mom held grandma’s hand tighly  and crying, until she didn’t realized that her daughter’s there.

“Grandma…” Seohyun said.

Everybody looked at Seohyun.

“Joohyun-ah…” Mrs. Seo said then smiled to her, but Seohyun still could see her teary eyes.

Hearing someone called Seohyun’s name, grandma opened her eyes.

“Joohyun-ah…come here…” grandma said in a very weak voice.

Seohyun stepped closer and sit on the chair beside the bed, she held her grandma’s hand tightly.

“My dear…you came?”

Seohyun tried to hold back her tears and answered her grandma question.

“Of course! I’ll always be by your side grandma…”

Grandma’s voice almost sounded like a whisper.

“I’m so lucky to have you as my granddaughter…”

“Grandma…don’t talk too much…just have some rest, will you?” Seohyun said, she felt so worried looking at her grandma pale face and weak voice.

“Aniya…I’m fine…”

“Joohyun-ah…would you grant my wish? This is really my last wish” grandma continued.

“Anything grandma…”

“……Marry with Yonghwa…”

“I will grandma, we already agreed with that, we’re getting the engagement two months later, you don’t have to worry grandma…”

“Ani…..not two months later….I won’t be able to attend your engagement or your marriage…”

Seohyun frowned, didn’t understand with her grandma intention.

“Just marry him now….around these week….”

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

ANNYEONGGGGGGGG :D

So, how was it? I hope you like this chapter and had fun reading ^^

I'll update ASAP...

Thanks for all my 39 sunscribers, you're awesome.. :)

And also than you sooooo much for those who left a comment, you guys are amazing :)

 

Don't forget to subscribe and leave your comment, I'll really appreciate that

Enjoy reading ^^