I Choose To Love You

When The Rainbow Faded

a/n: Another lengthy update from me (the lazy author T,T), please don't hurt your eyes by reading this in one go.

 

BGM: Hyo Rin (SISTAR) – I Choose To Love You (Neol Saranghagesseo)

 

“Seohyun-ah…” Yonghwa whispered as he tried to leaned back and released Seohyun.

But Seohyun was tightening her hug instead.

“Hey…what happ-”

“Wait…” Seohyun cut Yonghwa’s word with her low voice but it was enough for Yonghwa to hear it.

“Just a little while oppa…” she added.

Then Yonghwa didn’t resist, he still couldn’t understand, but he decided to just let her anyway.

Seohyun still hugged him though Yonghwa didn’t hugged her back. Realizing the truth, with one last teardrops from her left eye, Seohyun slowly released Yonghwa from her embrace. She looked up and found her favorite brown eyes stared at her.

A small smile curved on her lips.

“Gomawooyo…oppa” Seohyun blurted out of nowhere.

Yonghwa frowned.

“Manhi…gomawooyo…oppa”

Her sweet smile was stil curved on her lips, though her eyes was beaming with tears already.

“Eh? Gomawoo? But for what?” Yonghwa asked in confusion.

Seohyun shed her tears with her index finger and tried to make a cheerful face.

“Just…for everything… Thank you oppa..”

Thank you for giving me a chance for loving you.

“But I did nothing” Yonghwa said, shook his head, still confused with Seohyun’s act.

Though you did nothing but I’m  already fall for you this deep oppa.

“Aniyo, you did so much things” Seohyun countered.

“But dwaesseo.. I just want to thanked you, is that inappropriate?” she asked him again.

“Ne? Ah…uhm..no…It’s not like that… I was just--”

But Seohyun cut his words with “Whoaa oppa! You’ve showered? You looked so fresh! Well, this is my turn then, after that we’ll go downstairs to help ommoni, how about that?”

“Huh? Ye—yes, sure”

Seohyun was slipping out from his sight and simply stepped into the bathroom after taking her clothes. Locking the bathroom with her right hand, Seohyun turned her body only to leaned back at the door. What was just happened to her minutes ago, what was just she realized today, somehow it was just overwhelmed her. Clutching her clothes with both hands and placed it on her chest, she whispered to herself.

“I choose to love you oppa, despite everything…despite every single thing…”

***

“Good morning ommoni…”

Seohyun greeted Mrs. Jung as the couple stepped down from the last stair. Mrs. Jung looked up after putting some plates on the dining table. A wide smile was started to formed on her lips as she saw the couple standing right next to each other, with a smile plastered on their lips, the feel that fate was really kind to put them together were sooo strong and floating and warming the atmosphere of the house.

“Good  morning kids… How was your night?”

That wiped Seohyun’s smile for a split of a second, before it finally came back, she smiled even wider, well at least she was trying to looked like that. While Yonghwa was having a weird choked upon hearing his mother’s sentence

“We have a good night, ommoni… Thank you for letting us to stay overnight” Seohyun said genuinely.

Mrs. Jung walked closer towards them and held Seohyun’s hands afterwards.

“Ayee…. How could you say that? It’s your house too. Since the beginning, you’re a part of our family and it’ll always be, it won’t change, no matter what…”

“Right Yonghwa?” Mrs. Jung asked her son, seeking for his agreement.

“Ne. Of course, it’s your house too Seohyun-ah” Yonghwa looked to her eyes with a smile on his lips.

And that was the most beautiful morning that Seohyun ever had, she concluded. With Yonghwa looked at her warmly like that and smile on his lips that he gave to her, only to her, she had no choice but be grateful to God. Though she was hurt by him last night, but now the pain seemed heal easily. Just with those eyes and smile. What a cheepy Seo Joo Hyun, she thought.

“What’s this, I didn’t count in?”

The voice from her father-in-law had snapped her back. Seohyun and Yonghra greeted him immediately as Mr. Jung walked closer to joined them.

“So you guys don’t count me in with this lovely family scenery?” Mr. Jung asked once again, and acted to pouted his mouth

“Aigooo Yeobo…how could you say like that?”

While Yonghwa and Seohyun only managed to say “Abeoji….” with warm smile on their lips.

“Ahrasseo…ahrasseo… Let’s get our breakfast now, I’m starving already” Mr. Jung suggested and gathered an unison “Ne!” from the other family member.

They had a delicious breakfast, nice and heartwarming talk, until finally something caught Mr. Jung attention when he saw there’s a bruise on Seohyun’s left arm when she was picking a piece of of fried meat on the plate.

“Wait” Mr. Jung began, stopped munching his food.

Mrs. Jung, Yonghwa, and Seohyun got their eyes on him.

“How could you got that bruise on your arm, Joohyun-ah?”

Then everybody stirred to stared at Seohyun then looked down to her arm. While Seohyun only managed to gripping her chopsticks, finding it hards to breathe, she she was just styed still, unmoving.

“Ommona…” Mrs. Jung gasped as she covered after putting her chopsticks abruptly.

Yonghwa who was sitting beside her only looked at her bruise with a widened eyes, once he looked up he found Seohyun looked at him with a horror.

Oh God. What should I say? Seohyun thought.

Mrs. Jung stood up from her seat and proceeds towards Seohyun. Mr. Jung was alert, he wiped his mouth with a napkin, signaling that he was finished with his meals. Mrs. Jung took Seohyun’s hand and observed her arm, another gasp escaped as she found out that the bruises wasn’t only formed on her right arm but also her left arm, and another one on her hand.

“I… I… was…Uhm…I…” Seohyun tried to pulled her arms, but Mrs. Jung held it quite tight, didn’t want to released it.

“God… Joohyun-ah…what happened?” Mrs. Jung asked with full of concern.

And now, even Mr. Jung also stood from his seat and stood beside his wife, observed Seohyun’s arm.

Well, actually the bruises weren’t only formed on her arms, but it could also found almost all over her body, there were two on her back, one of the each thighs, and two on her left leg. Seohyun used to have the bruises on her body, and she already got used to these. It was the side effect of her illness. The bruises woukld started to emerged here and there even without her to bump into something first, the bruises will just emerged naturally when she got too tired or stressed. She didn’t expect to got those kinds of attention from the in-law and husband because of those bruises, though.

She she lied. The lie that she used to tell to her friends or relatives or anyone when they asked about these things.

“I was bumped into something when we were moving our stuffs to the apartment ommoni. Please don’t mind it, I’m fine, it’ll simply disappear by days”

Mrs. Jung mouthed an “Ah…” then nodded her head. But Mr. Jung still seeking for another answer.

“Let me check it first” He said, as he took Seohyun’s arm.

Once Mr. Jung touched her hand, Seohyun face another horror scene.

What should I say now? What if abeoji finds out?

Having a mental battle didn’t help her to find the answer, though.

“Your palm’s sweating” Mr. Jung stated, not asked, but stated, stared at her.

Doomed. I’m doomed.

“Ah…ne… I… I…uhm…feel a little bit ho—hot he—here abeoji… ”

“Huh? Geurae?” Mr. Jung asked with a frowned.

“I’ll help her to take the cooler gel for the bruises” Yonghwa announced.

Seohyun relieved, finally her husband unintentionally-save-her from her father in-law “interrogation”.

“Ne!” She exclaimed happily.

“Yeah, there’s still a stock on the box, you know whre the place is right?” Mr. Jung asked.

Yonghwa nodded and answered “Of course abeoji”

Then he looked at Seohyun with a calm smile on his lips “Come, Seohyun…”

“Ne” Seohyun simply agreed as she stood up from her seat.

“Excuse me, abeoji, ommoni…” she added before hurriedly followed Yonghwa.

***

“Since when these bruises emerged? Why you didn’t tell me?”

Yonghwa asked, rubbing the bruise on her left arm gently and blowing the cold air once and a while. His eyes still focused to put some other cooler gel on her bruises.

That simply act that skipped her heart a bit before finally turned into a dugeun dugeun. She observed him deeply, but then she realized she didn’t answer him yet.

“Uhm…maybe this morning… I don’t really know the exact time”

“You should be more careful” He commented again, then looked up to stared at her.

“There, it’s done” he added. A genuine smile was on his face.

Seohyun touched the bruise with her hand and said “Ne…thank you so much oppa”

After that, the couple got back to the dining room, joined their parents to continued the breakfast. Mr and Mrs. Jung were still there, having a small talks but didn’t continued to eat their meals.

“I’m really sorry for messing up the breakfast, please continue to finish your meals abeoji, ommoni…” Seohyun apologized genuinely.

“No, it’s alright. Feel better now, Joo Hyun?” Mr. Jung asked while Mrs. Jung looked at her with a worried face.

“Yes, never better than this. Thanks to Yonghwa oppa” She smiled sweetly as she looked at her husband.

Yonghwa just smiled lightly to her then took his chopsticks.

“It’s good then. Well, let’s continue, there’s still much foods to be eaten”

Then just like that, they continued to eat meal after meal until finally the full and wiped their lips with the napkins, saying “Thanks for the food” wholeheatedly, with so much grateful for what they got that morning.

After that, they moved to the living room, having another nice talks, sharing stories about how the feeling when Mr and Mrs. Jung got their first baby, that it Ga Eun noona, then after that Yonghwa. But most of times they were sharing stories about Yonghwa when he was still a little boy. He used to hate doctor, because for Yonghwa being a doctor means youll let your son and wife feel lonely, and you’ll spend more times outside than with your family, he concluded like that because that was what he got by having a doctor as his father. His parents indeed loves him, though he spent more times with Mrs. Jung when he was still a kid, but he was really attached with his father, Mr. Jung. But then something changed his point of view. It was one day, when Mr. Jung and him was having a quality time together then they found there was a dying kitten on the road, seemed like the kitten was just hit by a car, then Mr. Jung tried his best to gave his best to help the dying kitten before finally he drove to the veterinary clini with Yonghwa. Then he found that his daddy was super cool. So instead of hating doctor, he started to want to become one of them.

Seohyun tought that her husband was really cute with the cute story that his parents telling her. Yet it made her falls deeply, made her falls over and over again for him. They also shares stories about Mr. Jung and Seohyun’s mother, Mrs. Kim childhood. How the used to play together, hiding in the dark place so grandma couldn’t found them when it’s come to study time, and another naughtiness that used to be done by childrens. They were really having a good and nice talks, Seohyun felt so content just by having it. With a husaband sitting next to her, her parents-in law sitting at her front, sharing stories, laughing merrily, feeling no pressure, feeling no burden, she could say nothing but be grateful. Without even notice it was already near afternoon, so after having an early lunch, Yonghwa and Seohyun finally decided to got back to their apartment then excused themselves.

“Please come more often her, okay Joo hyun-ah?” Mrs. Jung said as she hugged her daughter-in-law.

“Ne, ommoni…” Seohyun smiled as she leaned back then turned to hug Mr. Jung.

“Get well soon with the bruise, okay?” Mr. Jung said

Then he released Seohyun from his embrace, and added “Don’t force yourself to lift something heavy, just leave it to Yonghwa”

He turned to stared at his son. “Yah! Make yourself useful for once Yonghwa!” then he slapped Yonghwa’s head playfully.

That act gained a giggle from the girls, both Mrs. Jung and Seohyun. While Yonghwa were blushing and rubbing his head, saying “Ahrasseo…” in a low tone.

***

After spending times in Yonghwa’s house, somehow it made the couple closer in some way. They were having a light and simple small talks like they used to did it since forever. Yonghwa threw jokes and Seohyun simply laughed merrily at it, while Seohyun sharing about information that Yonghwa didn’t know, and he gratefully listened to it, didn’t feel bother, nor cut her words off. But when it comes to night, the atmosphere slowly change, the awkwardness between them were floating over their head. Yonghwa always tried to avoid her, while Seohyun didn’t know what to do. Should I make a first move and convince him? She had thought. Because it wasn’t the or another intimacy that Seohyun wanted, but it was him, just him lied down beside her without feeling bother of her existence on their bed, she wanted Yonghwa feels comfortable to share the same bed with her. She wanted that Yonghwa’s the only one her eyes caught before she fall asleep, and he also the one that she saw once she opened her eyes then greeted him afterwards with sweet “Good morning, oppa”.

But seemed like God still save her wish, because later that evening, Yonghwa got an emergency call from hospital, saying that they need him and Minhyuk to do an operation immediately to another cardiac patient. Yonghwa was simply agreed, once because it’s his responsibility and second he relieved that he could avoid Seohyun that night, once again.

Seohyun woke up the nice day and almost screamed in scared when she found a man figure lying helplessly on the couch in front of the TV. Later she knew that it was no other than her husband, Jung Yong Hwa, sleeping soundly and got covered with a fluffy blanket. She smiled warmly looking at him, yet it stabbed her heart, realizing that once again, she spent another night without her husband lying next to her, holding her tight and whispering her a “Good night” before she closes her eyes and welcomed her with a “Good morning” once she snapped after waking up from her dream. Once again, she was alone on their huge bed, crying until she was tired and finally fall aslepp, once again she left untouched.

But Seohyun wiped the thought away and decided to just dealing with it. She belived that someday the day will come, the day when he finallay change and could see her, only see her. Yes, someday…

She took a look at the square clock that was hanging on the wall and found that it was 05.45 AM already. So she hurriedly prepared the breakfast and letting Yonghwa there, to have his rest as much as he needs.

Once she’s finally done with the breakfast, she also made one, but in a pack, for Yonghwa to brought to the hospital. Since she was a child, she always captured herself to cook and pack foods for her husband by herself. When it finally became a reality, she couldn’t help to hid her small smile on her lips though she’s not that good at cooking, but she’s willing to become one. She passed the living room and found Yonghwa was still sleeping, she took it as a chance to take a bath. When she’s finally done and went out from the bedroom, she went back to the living room to wake Yonghwa up. He’s not a sleepy head though, so just by a little tap and wiggle from her, Yonghwa simply snapped and rubbed his eyes.

“It’s near seven oppa, you’d better get ready for work” She informed him with a sweet smile on her lips and a warm look on her eyes, as always.

“Ah…ne… Thank you Seohyun. I’ll take a bath now” Yonghwa also smiled then stepped in to their bedroom lazily.

Seohyun just nodded then went to the kitchen, bringing the foods from the kitchen counter and put it neatly on the dining table. When Yonghwa was done, Seohyun already waited for him on her seat. Yonghwa smiled when he looked at her, greeting her with “Good morning”, gaining a pink blush on her cheek as she tried to looked normal and smiled back at him.

“Whoooa… you made all these?” Yonghwa looked at the meals with an awe then he hurriedly sit to joined Seohyun.

Seohyun answered excitedly “Ne! Well, it not as good as ommoni’s made, but… I hope you’ll like it oppa…”

“Let’s have a taste then” Yonghwa smiled widely.

She nodded and said “Ne…” holding her chopsticks but didn’t really took any piece of omelet, or fried vegetable or another dishes that she made. She waited for Yonghwa’s response first.

Yonghwa frowned and titled his head, act like he was the judge of some kind of cooking contest nad Seohyun was one of the contestant.

“Uhm…it’s not good…” He commented.

Seohyun lost courage, she knew that she’s not good enough at cooking but hearing the first comment of her food from her lover were really hard to accept.

“Ah…ne….” she answered weakly.

To his surprised, Seohyun then got up, readying herself to pick up the foods.

“Uh…oppa, I’ll just make you a toasted instead, don’t eat this trash okay?” She offered genuinely, a guilty look was showed clearly on her face.

Yonghwa caught her hands to stopped her.

“No…no… I wasn’t intend to say like that…”

“Aniyo oppa. I should’ve known that I’m not good at cooking, and how dare I am to presented you these kind of trashes, I’m really sorry” she explained, trying to be rational.

“Hey… Seohyun-ah…” Yonghwa stood up and held her hand tighter, trying to catch her attention, and he made it.

“Ne?” Seohyun looked at him with a troubled face.

Yonghwa smiled then chuckled, gaining a furrowed brows from his wife.

“What I was trying to say is, your food is indeed not good, but, it’s sooooo delicious. Jinjjaro!”

Seohyun blinked.

“Ne?” She asked in confused.

“Aish! That’s why, don’t cut my words yet. I was about to said another things but you already blaming yourself. Your foods is delicious Seohyun-ah, it’s not good, but de-li-cious. You hear me?”

“Jeo—jeongmal—yo  oppa?”

“Hundred percents!” Yonghwa grinned, showing his popping cheekbones.

“So, let’s continue the breakfast, shall we?” Yonghwa suggested.

Seohyun smiled widely and nodded in excitement.

***

(Seohyun’s Bureau)

The atmosphere when the two were in the car was getting better. No more long silent and long awkward. They already feel comfortable around each other. That morning Yonghwa drove her to her bureau, and promised to fetched her up when she’s finished woth her work which she agreed happily, then she informed him to fetched her at Dongguk University for she’s having a schedule there.

“Roger that!” he answered.

“Don’t forget to eat your meals oppa, and ah! I added more for the meat, kimchi, and fishcake, you could share it with Doctor Kang” She said once again before steped out from Yonghwa’s car.

“Of course I’ll eat it all, but no! I won’t share it with anyone, not even with Min Hyuk. I’m gonna eat it alone in my room”

Seohyun giggled “Ahrasseoyo, just do it in your way then oppa”

 Then she added “Well, I go first. Fighting for today and have a really nice day oppa!”

“Ne, fighting!”

With a last wave from Seohyun, Yonghwa drove his car away, heading to the hospital, Seohyun wasn’t immediately went in to her bureau, she was still there, staring at Yonghwa’s car until it finally disappear from her sight. She was still standing in front of her bureau from some other time, thinking that she was just having a really beautiful morning woth her husband, a smile, a flushy red cheeks, were there, clearly show on her face.

“Tch! There you go again, this lovesick puppy”

Seohyun heard it, and without even turned her body to found out who owned the voice, Seohyun grinned and gretted her “Annyeong Jung Nicole-ssi!”, then she turned her body to found Nicole was walking towards her with a folding arm while narrowing her eyes.

“So…why’d you got that face again JUNG Joo Hyun-ssi?” Nicole initiated to emphasized the “Jung” to friend even more.

But Seohyun could counter her easily. “Do you really want to know Jung Nicole-ssi? Or now, should I call you….KANG Nicole-ssi?”

“YAH!” Nicole was shouted, but her face turned to red just like a tomato.

“Hahaha! Look at your tomato face, we’re draw now, Mrs. Teaser!”

“Tch!” Nicole puted cutely, but then it started to formed into a wide smile, and soon, a grinned.

“You have to tell me how was your lunch going with Doctor Kang and treat me for luch as the thankful gift for setting you up with him!”

Nicole hooked her arm with Seohyun’s. Then Nicole kissed her cheek “You’re jjang Hyunnie!”

The best friends entered their respective office with Nicole blabbering about her lunch with Kang Min Hyuk. Seohyun got her first appointment at 10 AM just same as Nicole, so the girls had a chance to exchange their story, Nicole with her lunch thingy with Hyukkie—the way she called Doctor Kang now—and Seohyun woth her first night at her parents in law house. She didn’t mention about Yonghwa left her for Shin Hye though, she decided to kept it for herself, it wasn’t because she didn’t trust Nicole enough, but saying about her husband having affair with his ex-girlfriend would just bad marking Yonghwa, and she didn’t want that, she didn’t want people think that Yonghwa was a bad guy or a cheater or something that was worse. Beside, telling Nicole about what happened to her that night will surely breaking Nicole’s good mood, Seohyun bets that Nicole’s going to be emotional and soon started to cursed Yonghwa and Shin Hye and Nicole will surely go straight to the hospital to kick Yonghwa or pulled Shin Hye’s hair. No, of course not, she won’t let it. So, it’s not the right time yet, she thought.

“So… which one is better? In Yonghwa’s bed or in your bed?” Nicole—Mrs. Teaser started to showed her super ability. She said it in a whispered tone, though there were just two of them in Seohyun’s office.

That made Seohyun widened her eyes in shock, jaw dropped, mouth hang opened.

“Ya—YAH!!!” Seohyun shouted as she stood up, hit the table with her two palms.

Nicole was snapped, startled with her act, she was staring for a second before finally found her voice.

“Wae? You guys are marriage couple afterall, so it’s normal to have se--”

“YAH STOPPP!!” Seohyun shouted again.

“Wae? I was just trying to say—“

*BRAK*

“I’m sorry Joo Hyun-ssi” the worker of the bureau, Kyu Hyun panted in front of the ddor while pulling the tall guy that insisted to entered Seohyun’s office room, beside him there was also Tae Yeon who helped Kyu Hyun blocking the guy.

“I already told them that he has to make an appointment first” Tae Yeon explained with a frantic looks.

Seohyun and Nicole stopped the battle as they paid more attention to what was currently happening in front of them. The unexpected scenery this morning. They both knew the guy though, he’s not a stranger nor a mad man, he’s just…. Lee Kwang Soo. Their sunbaenim in highschool, the Song Joong Ki’s best friend.

“It’s okay Kyu oppa and Taeyeon onnie. I know this guy, uhm, we knew this guy, so just release your gripped”

“See? I’ve told you she knew me!” Kwang exclaimed in annoyed, released his body forcefully for Kyu Hyun still holding it tight. Then he tidied his shirt and hair.

“We—we’re sorry then Joo Hyun-ssi, I thought he’s a madman” Taeyeon said with her innocence look.

Seohyun and Nicole giggled while Kwang Soo stared at Tae Yeon with horror look and mouth opened, didn’t expect that this petite pretty lady could say something mean like that.

“I’m sorry Joo Hyun-ssi, Nicole-ssi” Kyu Hyun apologized then bowed to them, followed by Taeyeon behind.

“You don’t say sorry to me?” Kwang Soo asked, still in annoyed face.

“Uhm… We’re sorry sir…” Taeyeon offered, then bowed to him and Kyu Hyun followed her.

“Okay it’s enough, now please continue your work Kyu oppa and Tae Yeon onnie, thank you for accompanying my sunbae to my office” Seohyun smiled sweetly to them.

“Ne.. We leave now” Kyu Hyun said.

Just when Kyu Hyun and Taeyeon turned their body to leave Seohyun’s room, Nicole stopped them.

“Wait oppa, onnie, let’s go together” Nicole hurriedly excused herself, sensing that it won’t be right if she was there too, first because Kwang Soo has always been obsessed with her since highschool, second she got the feeling that Kwang Soo was there to talk something with Seohyun related to Joong Ki, and third she didn’t like Kwang Soo. So yeah, there’s a thousands good reasons to get the hell out of that place.

“Ya—yah Cole-ah! Why—where” Kwang Soo followed Nicole’s move with his eyes, trying to reach her and make her stay, but then he realized what was the main reason he was there.

*CLICK*

As the door close from outside by Nicole, Seohyun started the convo, though she didn’t really interest with everything he’s going to say.

“Well, have a seat sunbaenim” She offered, as she made her move to sit on her spot.

“O—oh…” Then Kwang Soo sat on the client chair in front of Seohyun’s desk.

“So…what is it sunbaenim?” Seohyun began after heaved a sigh.

“Huh? Ah…Uhm…” Kwang Soo stuttering, he scratched his un-itchy temple.

Seohyun looked at her with a sterned look, then said

“You look have something really important to say seconds ago when you’re insisted to entered my room, but now, if you don’t have something to say then just go, I still have a lot appointment for today. So…”

Seohyun was about to stood up but Kwang Soo stopped her.

“No no no! Joo Hyun wait” Kwang Soo waving both hands.

Seohyun insisted her unfriendly face when she looked at him. Actually it’s not her nature to treat someone like that, moreover he was her sunbaenim. But remembering that Kwang Soo has been “spying” her for Joong Ki, she’s slightly angry at him. It wasn’t because the “spy-act” that he played, but Seohyun concluded that after all these years, Kwang Soo now where was Joong Ki, he also knew the reason why’d he left her without a word, he must be knew it, clearly, yet he didn’t explained anything to her though he knew where was Seohyun all of these years, knew what she was doing, just everything, and he too, knew every single thing about Joong Ki, but he chose to hid, didn’t come out and helped Seohyun to get any information about Joong Ki. That what makes Seohyun angry at him, and Kwang Soo seemed knew it. But it’s not important now, it doesn’t matter, she already moved on and started a new life without Joong Ki.

Kwang Soo eyed her, feeling uneasy, considering what he’s going to say first? Apologizes first or just straight to the point?

He decided the first.

“Look, I’m sorry for spying you after all those years, Joo Hyun-ah” he began, though his voice were shaking but he mean every single words that he uttered.

“I’m really sorry, but Joong Ki is my best friend, for me he’s the only friend that I have, he has always been help me since we were still in Junior high, so when he asked me for a favour I simply agreed. Please don’t sue me Joo Hyun-ah”

Seohyun chuckled. This sunbaenim always interesting for her.

“Sue you?” Seohyun asked, frowning.

“Ne, for spying, doing an illegal things to you…I’m really sorry” Kwang Soo explained.

Seohyun smiled “Of course I won’t sunbaenim. And please stop saying sorry, I forgave you…”

“Omo? Jinjja?!” Kwang Soo asked in disbelief, his eyes and mouth were opened widely.

Seohyun smiled and nodded.

Kwang Soo reached her hands and held it tightly

“Thank you Joo Hyun-ah… Thank you so much. I know your goddess heart won’t changes easily” Kwang Soo said happily, shaking her hands rough.

“Ne…ne…” Seohyun said as she tried to released her hand.

“So… that’s it?” Seohyun continued.

That made Kwang Soo released his held. He was starting to scratched his head.

“Uhm… well… The main reason I’m here is, I need your help Joohyun…”

“And…what is?”

After contemplating to choose the right words, but found nothing.

Kwang Soo finally blurted out “Joong Ki’s missing, starting from the night after he met you in front of your office”

Seohyun frowned and blinked. Trying to absorb his sentence.

Joong Ki oppa? Missing?

“What did you say?” Seohyun seeked for assurance.

“Joong Ki has been disappear for three days” he explained once again.

Kwang Soo “I can’t reach him no matter how I tried”

Her brain finally works and she got the point.

“But how could I find him when you can’t even find him. It’s impossible for me sunbaenim”

“No, I don’t intend to ask you for that. I need your help to tell me what were you guys talking about that night? Because ever since that night, he disappears just like a ghost”

“That night? What night?” Seohyun asked in confused.

“Around three days ago. You met him for lunch, didn’t you?”

Seohyun nodded.

“After had lunch with you, he went to the club and got drunk, sooooo bad. He had never so drunk like that before, I helped him to went back to the office, then when he got back his sense, he said he wanted to meet you. I witnessed him walking to you office and waiting for you outside, but after that I left. So what happened that night? I just want to know why did he left after talking to you, maybe that could give me a clue”

Seohyun listened to Kwang Soo explanation carefully. She absorbed words by words, finding her memories about that night when she was having a talk with Joong Ki. Then Seohyun explained everything to Kwang Soo, she told them how Joong Ki wanted to meet her husband and will let her go once he assured that she’s in a good hands.

“Ah….seems like I know the reason….” Kwang Soo said as nodding his head, looking down to his lap.

“Tch! That stupid flower boy!” he cursed in alow tone but Seohyun could still heard it.

“Well then, thank you for your help Joo Hyun-ah… Sorry for the earlier scenery, interrupting your time just like a mad man, I don’t meant to do it, I was just seeking for a help”

Seohyun shook her head and smiled warmly to him “Aniyo sunbaenim, I’m glad if I can help you in any way. I hope Joong Ki oppa will be just fine”

“Ne, of course he will. He must or else I kill him with my bare hands”

Seohyun chuckled.

“Uhm…Joo Hyun-ah, though it’s late, but… Congratulations for your marriage, may you guys long last, and I hope you could introduce me to your husband on a one fine day” Kwang Soo smiled, wholeheartedly.

“Ne, sure! Thank you so much oppa”

“Geurom… I’d better leave now, I don’t want to annoyed you any longer” Kwang Soo said as he got up from his seat.

“No, it’s okay sunbaenim” Seohyun also followed to walked him by the door.

“And Joo Hyun-ah…”

“Ne Kwang Soo sunbae?”

“Joong Ki… The rumour about him when we were still in highschool… He’s not that type of guy. You know him better than anyone else, I hope you could think about it wisely”

Seohyun brows furrowed upon hearing his ambiguous sentence. But then she got the point.

“Ne…” Seohyun responded in a low tone, looking down to the floor.

Kwang Soo smiled, but somehow his face looked said.

“Well, annyeong Joo Hyun-ah! Send my regard, to my Nicole” Kwang Soo excused himself with a grinned.

Seohyun could only smiled. She was still thinking about his former sentence.

“He’s not that type of guy. You know him better than anyone else”

Kwang Soo’s voice was still echoing in her mind though the man whom said those words already leaving her room, she was left doumbfounded in front of the door of her office room.

What was really happened to you, to us, nine years ago Joong Ki oppa?

***

(SNU Hospital)

It was already lunch time, Yonghwa was so eager to unpacked his meals that Seohyun made for him. Thinking that he’s going to eat the foods that made by Seohyun herself somehow was kind of strengthening him to finish his work quickly. Imagining that he’s going to have another peaceful lunch times with home-made food by his wife was warming his heart, he feels….overwhelmed. So, when the lunch time comes, he didn’t wait any longer to unpacked his meals.

But human can only makes plane, and God still the one who has power to decides everything will go in our way or in his way.

Because Yonghwa was no longer having a peaceful lunch with his packed foods.

“Yonghwa…..” The girl stepped in to his office room, calling him with full-aegyeo.

“Oh Shin Hye…” He looked up from his foods, putting back the chopsticks.

“Omo? You brught home-made food?” Shin Hye asked in surprised, as she sat on the empty chair in front of his desk.

“Ne….”

“Who made you those things? It’s so old-fashioned, we’re no longer kindergarten’s student. Haha”

“Uh…it’s… Seohyun made this for me…”

Shin Hye stopped laughed and looked at Yonghwa with a cold face, anger built in her heart and she felt her tongue turned bitter…and bitter…the longer she looked at the foods in front of Yonghwa.

“Well, I was about to ask you to get a lunch with me, but seems like you’re having fun with your what-so-called wife home-made food” Shin Hye said in a mocking tone.

“Hey…don’t be like that, let’s just eat this together, Seohyun’s cook is so delicious you should try one” Yonghwa said excitedly, even handed her a chopsticks.

Shin Hye chuckled in mocked.

“What? Neo micheosseo? You asked me to eat that rubbish?”

“Yah Park Shin Hye!” Yonghwa raised his voice.

“Well well…look who defends for his WIFE!” Shin Hye said then she stood up, she looked dwon to Yonghwa who was still sitting with a piercing eyes.

Yonghwa heaved a sigh as he stood up with a calmer face.

“Shin Hye, why are you like this?”

“I just want to have a lunch with my boyfriend, is it too much to ask?” Shin Hye said with a voice that full of anger.

“Okay, let’s have lunch but I’ll still bring my foods, I’ll accompany you at the cafetaria” Yonghwa suggested.

“No. Throw it away!” Shin hye ordered.

“What? No. I can’t. How could I throw it? Someone made it for me”

“I said throw it to the rubbish bin! I don’t want you to eat that!”

“It’s just a foods, why’d you make this into such a bigger problem?”

Shin Hye pulled the packed food and was about to throw it but Yonghwa held her hands, stopping whatever she was going to do with his foods.

“If you don’t like it, just leave it don’t throw it” Yonghwa warned.

But Shin Hye didn’t bothered with his words, instead she kept pulling the packed foods while Yonghwa also held it, blocking her to throw it away. The two insisted with what they were doing until finally, Shin Hye pulled it hard then released it roughly that made the packed foods finally dropped and scattered Yonghwa’s desk and the room’s floor. Yonghwa gasped in horror, while Shin Hye smiled in victory, knowing her boyfriend will surely not eating the home made food that Seohyun had made for him.

“Ommona… Yonghwa I’m sorry” She acted, covering with both palm.

While Yonghwa was unmoving, staring blankly at the foods that already scattered here and there.

“I was planning to released it but then it dropped, I’m sorry I didn’t mean it”

Shin Hye knew that Yonghwa will get mad at her because of this, so she ws trying her best to—atleast—ease the anger.

Yonghwa sill silent.

“But, well, uhm…now you don’t have any foods to eat, so let’s have lunch. I’ll call the office boy to clean your room”

Shin Hye walked to him and intentionally stepped on the foods that were scattered on the floor.

“Let’s go Yonghwa” She said, hooking her arm with his.

“No, I don’t feel like eat now, you can go alone, I’m sorry” Yonghwa said, releasing his hand from her and went out of the room before he started to throw his tantrums to Shin Hye.

“Yonghwa! Yonghwa!” Shin Hye called him, but Yonghwa didn’t looked back.

Pouting in annoyance, she pressed her foot hardly on the foods that Seohyun made, hoping that it will also hurt Seohyun in any way.

Damn you Seohyun! Let’s see what can I do with you, !

And the rest of the day, Yonghwa was avoided Shin Hye whenever she tried to get closer to him. The different department had “supported” him to not seeing her often. Yes, he loves her, but he was still pissed of her, though she didn’t like Seohyun, it’s not right to throw the foods that Seohyun made like that and even stepped on it like it was some kind of rubbish. Somehow, Yonghwa felt that Shin Hye has turns into someone that he couldn’t recognize at all. He started to doubt the feeling that she had for her.

Is it the same feeling? Is it the exact same feeling just like what I felt the day when I fell for her in the first year of my college? Is she still the same Park Shin Hye? Am I still the same Jung Yong Hwa?

And suddenly, Seohyun’s face with a warm sweet smile, greeting him a “Good Morning oppa” emeged in his mind.

Seohyun…. He called her in his mind.

Seo Joo Hyun…

He closed his eyes, trying to got back to his sense and erased Seohyun’s from his mind, but when he opened his eyes, her face was still there, looked even clearer.

What am I supposed to do with you, Seohyun-ah?

***

(Dongguk University)

Yonghwa kept his promise. She thought when she saw him at the parking lot near Psychology Department. She fastened her stepped to go through the stairs to reached him. Yonghwa was leaing his body on the side of the car door. He waved and smiled as he found Seohyun walked closer towards him.

“Oppa!” Seohyun called.

“Thank you” she added.

“Aniya, I’ve promised you. Let’s go home” Yonghwa said as he got in to the car, soon followed by Seohyun.

Let’s go home. He said. Seohyun still couldn’t believe that she’s gonna be home with Yonghwa, her only love since forever. She felt her eyes started to got warm the she wiped the tears hurriedly before Yonghwa found out. Once the settled with the seatbelt, they drove home.

On their way to the apartment, Yonghwa didn’t talk much. His face looked troubled, so Seohyun decided to not nagging her with this and that, and just quiet, waiting for him to asked her first. To be honest, he was still feels guilty for the foods that she packed for him, but he couldn't eat, it, he didn't know hoe to explain it to her. She must be hurt so much if he told her the truth, so he dicided to kept quiet. Thanks God, Seohyun didn't mentioning about the foods that she packed for his lunch. She waited, but he didn’t utter a single word. So she was taking an initiate to finally asked him the common question, “How was your day?”. Honestly, Seohyun wanted to tell him about Joong Ki’s missing, but she held it back, she also wanted to asked about his lunch food, but decided not to, sensing Yonghwa wasn’t in a good mood now, so she tried to find another topic.

The rest of the journey was fill with only silence, despite the song that was played from mp3 player on the dashboard. Back to the first time, the awkwardness started to formed again between them.

***

(YongSeo’s apartment)

Once they got in to the room, Yonghwa excused himself to his study room, telling her that there’s a case that he has to studied and make a presentation of it tomorrow. Seohyun let him. After sending his dinner to the study room, Seohyun ate alone at the dining table that looked so huge right now. Finish with her dinner and made a review of the cases that she got for today, she started to feel sleepy. But before she go to sleeps, she went to the study room to remind him that it’s midnight, it’s time for him to rest. Seohyun knocked the door but there’s no answer, so she pulled the door knob and finally the door opened. Yonghwa didn’t locked it.

She found Yonghwa was sleeping soundly iver his scattered files, still handing a pen on his right hand. She didn’t have a heart to nudge him, so instead of waking him up, she went back to their bedroom and took a duvet with her. She covered Yonghwa’s body with the duvet and slowly pulled the pen from his hand.

She observer his tired face with a smile on her face. She leaned closer to kiss his fprehead, but something made her stop. What if he didn’t like it then he hates me? She thought. She she backed out, and just whispering him a “Good night oppa, I love you”, then she went to their bedroom.

***

It has been 5 days they shared the same apartment, living as husband and wife but Yonghwa had never slept on their bedroom, he always found reasons to avoid Seohyun. They were no longer having a breakfast together, for Yonghwa who always went earlier than her, but she still managed to packed the foods for his lunch, though Yonghwa refused it, but she insisted.

At least this is the smallest thing that I could do as her wife. She had thought

Yonghwa always had a rason to avoid Seohyun at night. Whether it was coming home at late night then he chose to sleep on his working room or in the living room or he informed Seohyun that he’ll spend the night at the hospital to take care of his patients. At first Seohyun just let him be, she was totally understand with her husband occupation, and she just simply thought that maybe Yonghwa was really busy or having a difficult case related to his patients condition so even when he was already home, he still needs a lot of time to do his work.

But Seohyun was no longer a child, she’s a grown up woman, plus, she’s a smart psychologist. Seohyun who already got aware with his action, finally admitted that all of Yonghwa’s action was not just because he was busy with his work, but there was something else, something that was crucial, something that she knew that the reason of all those would just broke her heart, badly. So, she decided to move to the guest room. At one evening, she came home early from works and once she got home, she put her bag and hang her blazer in the guest room, the room that soon to be her bedroom. Then she proceed to the master bedroom, the room that supposed to be the love nest of her and Yonghwa, her husband, but it never did, since Seohyun was the only one who used that room. She tidied her make up products and put it in the beauty case, brought all of her stuffs, clothes, coats, capes, bags just everything to the guest room. Though it’s breaking her heart knowing that her husband didn’t even want her, but she was trying to be tougher and tougher day by day, hoping that someday, one fine day, Yonghwa will finally see her, and feels the same way just like her. Every day, every night, that was the one that she kept uttered in her pray, begging God will sprinkles his “magic dust” and let Yonghwa love him back.

It was nearly dinner when Seohyun finally finished to set up her brand new bedroom.

“It’s done!” she commented as she clapped her hands happily.

A wide small formed on her lips, she was quite satisfied with her new bedroom, though it’s not as big as the master bedroom, it’s indeed smaller, but Seohyun loves her room already and feels comfortable with it. Sensing that the atmosphere outside got darker, she raised her left wrist and got surprised when her watch showing that the times was already 6.50 PM, and Yonghwa will be home soon. She got up abruptly and hurriedly went to the bathroom to freshened up. Seohyun didn’t take a long time to take a bath and all, since she also has to prepar dinner for Yonghwa.

“Amen”

Once again, her prayer for that night was also the same, hoping and begging God to does some spells that could make Yonghwa finally “sees” her.

*Beep Beep Beep*

Seohyun was still closing her eyes and entwined her fingers when she heard the pass code alert was ringing, signaling that there was someone entered the apartment and soon there was also her favorite voice, talking quite loud from outside.

“Seohyun-ah I’m home!”

As she ended her prayer Seohyun opened her eyes and separated her former entwined fingers then she got up from her kneeled down position and stepped out from her bedroom.

“Ne oppa!”

She already informed him that she has another things to do, so he didn’t have to pick her up on the bureau.

“Whooaaaa… Whose grand piano is this?!” Yonghwa commented in awe, as he looked the white grand piano that was place on their living room.

“It arrived in the afternoon from Busan oppa. Beautiful isn’t it?” Seohyun stood behind him.

“Yes. Really beautiful!” He exclaimed, placing his briefcase on the couch then touch the white grand piano surface with his palm.

“It’s the one ommoni sent you, right?” Yonghwa asked as he turned his head to looked at her.

“Ne” Seohyun answered shortly, a smile still plastered on her lips.

“Play it for me” Yonghwa ordered, looking at her eyes deeply.

“Ne?” Seohyun frowned.

“Come on, you’re a pianist, play it for me, just one song” Yonghwa insisted, putting a slight aegyeo that Seohyun couldn’t resisted.

She laughed merrily, and Yonghwa feels overwhelmed just by hearing her laughs.

“Please, I had a bad day today…” Yonghwa said with a gloomy face.

“What is it oppa?”

She looked down and leaned his body to the side of the grand piano.

“My operation didn’t went well. I lost him, I lost one patient today” Yonghwa looked down.

Though Yonghwa has been a surgeon for years, but when he lost a patient he always feels doomed and feels like he’s not supposed to be a doctor when all he could do was just killing people in a “legal” way.

Seohyun stared at her with sympathy. She tapped Yonghwa’s back, trying to soothing him, then she said “It’s not your fault, it was just his time, please don’t blame yourself”

Yonghwa looked up and found the clear brown eyes, staring deeply through his soul.

“Everything will be just fine, oppa” Seohyun smiled.

He loved her smile. When she put it on her face, somehow he feels like the worlds seems brighter.

What is it? What is this feeling? Yonghwa thought.

“Okay, what should I play then?”

“Uhm….anything you good at”

“Okay, then what about Beethoven – Für Ellisse?”

“That would be nice!” He exclaimed happily as he leaned his body on the side of the grand piano and stared at her.

Her beautiful fingers were lifted then she started to played the song.

Yonghwa listened to her melody carefully, closeing his eyes every once and a while, absorbing the warm atmosphere of the house.

As the song ended Yonghwa clapped happily.

“Whoaaaa beautiful!”

“Aniya…my fingers were stiffed so I slipped here and there oppa, but thank you” She said, trying to hide her bluching cheeks.

“Ah. Eotteokke? Now, I got a problem here” His cheerful face suddenly broke into a gloomy one.

“Huh? Waeyo?” Seohyun asked, started to panicking.

“I wanted to hear you play the piano once again”

Seohyun raised her eyebrows.

“I want to hear your voice while playing the melody too”

“What? Do you expecting me to sing while playing the piano?”

“Ayeee don’t act to surprised, I’ve heard your humming when you’re cooking and it sounds…..lovely”

Both of them blush after hearing Yonghwa’s words. Even Yonghwa himself didn’t know why did the cheesy line slipped out simply from his mouth.

Crap. He cursed.

He started to panicked when Seohyun was turned quiet after hearing his words.

Now look what you’ve done, Yonghwa.

“Come on… Hanbonman juseyooo” Yonghwa showing his aegyeo once again, hoping that it will wiped away the awkward atmosphere because of his foolish word.

Seohyun stared at him before finally burstinto a marry laugh.

At least she likes it. Yonghwa thought.

He grinned as Seohyun started positioned her fingers and body and was about to play the piano but then she stopped.

“Ah! Perhaps you know the song, please sing it with me. I’m going to play Zoo’s song – Neol Saranghagesseo but in Hyo Rin SISTAR version that now titled  “I Choose To Love You”. Please listen to it carefully, Doctor Jung”

“I’ll surely will Joo Hyun-ssi” Yonghwa grinned even wider.

Then she started to played the intro. Her fingers danced beautifully over the toots of the piano.

“Nae tteugeeoun ibsuri neoui… Budeureoun ibsure dahgil wonhae…” She began to sing.

(My hot lips want to touch your soft lips)

“Nae sarangi neoui gaseume jeonhae jidorog…” (So that my love will be deliver to your heart)

“Ajigdo naui maeumeul moreugo isseotdamyo neun… I sesang geu nugu boda neol saranghagesseo…” (If you still haven’t known what I felt… I will love you more than anyone in this world)

Yonghwa felt his throat went dried as he looked deeply to her eyes. He didn’te ven know whether he was still breating or not because of the angelic voice that he heard just right this second.

Is she an angel?

“Neol saranghagesseo…onje kajina… neol saranghagesso… Jigeum i sungan cheoreom… I sesang geu nugu boda… Neol saranghagesseo…”
(I will love you until always…I will love you like now…I will love you… More than anyone in this world… I will love you)

“Neol saranghagesseo…onje kajina… neol saranghagesseo… Jigeum i sungan cheoreom… I sesang geu nugu boda… Neol saranghagesseo…”
(I will love you until always…I will love you like now…I will love you… More than anyone in this world… I will love you)

Yonghwa listened to the song, words by words. Somehow, he fels like the song is a secret message that Seohyun was trying to deliver to him.

He couldn’t breathe when he realized it.

Seohyun put a lot of efforts to singing the song. It was so not Seohyun to act bold over namja. But in this situation, when she’s alone with her lover, in their apartment, inhaling the same oxygens, she dare herself to choose this song, that’s bold enough for her to choose, since every words, every melody, were not just a simple words and melodies, every part of it is her message to Yonghwa, telling him how much she loves him, telling him that she’ll love him forever, she was silently begging him to look at her and learn to love her back.

 “Eoryeon yaegio neoui hogisimeul jageughal sudo isseo”

(I can arouse your curiousity by saying difficult words)

“Geu heunhan yuhuiro I bameul bonael sudo isseo”

(I can spend this night with that common game)

“Hajiman naui maeumeul ijeuneun aratwosseumyeon hae”

(But I want you to know my heart now)

“I sesang geu nuguboda neol saranghagesseo”

(I will love you more than anyone in this world)

“Neol saranghagesseo…onje kajina… neol saranghagesseo… Jigeum i sungan cheoreom… I sesang geu nugu boda…. Neol saranghagesseo…”

(I will love you until always…I will love you like now…I will love you… More than anyone in this world… I will love you)

 “Uuhh….Neol saranghagesseo…Ohhh.. yeah…” (I will love you until always)

“Neol saranghagesseo… Onje kajina… Neol saranghagesseo… Jigeum i sungan cheoreom… I sesang geu nugu boda… Neol saranghagesseo… Oohooo..”

(I will love you until always…I will love you like now…I will love you… More than anyone in this world… I will love you)

“Neol saranghagesseo onje kajina… Neol saranghagesseo… Jigeum i sungan cheoreom… I sesang geu nugu boda neol saranghagesseo…”

(I will love you until always…I will love you like now…I will love you… More than anyone in this world… I will love you)

“Neol saranghagesseo onje kajina… Neol saranghagesseo… Jigeum i sungan cheoreom… I sesang geu nugu boda…

(I will love you until always…I will love you like now…I will love you… More than anyone in this world… I will love you)

“Neol saranghagesseo…” (I will love you until always)

Neol saranghagesseo, oppa.

As the last verse of the song was heard and fill the room, Yonghwa couldn’t find his voice. They were staring at each other eyes, hoping that maybe they could reach what’s on their minds right now.

“How was it oppa?” Seohyun asked when she finally snapped back, realizing that she was staring at him for she doesn’t know how long.

“…………Perfect” He announced, more to himself actually.

How could you be so perfect?

“Aigooo… Thank you so much oppa…”                

But Yonghwa was still trying to catch his breathe, his minds were still floating, he hasn’t got back to his sense yet.

“Oppa?” Seohyun asked him again, waving her right hand this time.

“Oh? What?” Yonghwa looked at her with a widened eyes.

Seohyun chuckled then shook her “Aniyo… Let’s have dinner, shall we?”

“O—oh… Yeah, sure…”

Seohyun stood up from her seat, but after taking three stepps, Yonghwa blurted out.

“Thank you”

“Ne?” Seohyun asked as she turned her heels to face him.

“Thank you, Seohyun-ah…” He stated, staring deeply to her sparkling eyes.

No more explanation he had to utter for both of them know the double meaning of his “Thank you”. He knew that she’ll found out what he really means, and he was right, Seohyun knew what he really means.

You don’t have to thanked me because I love you, oppa.

But, she said the other way “Ne. Let’s have a dinner now before the food started to be cold”

She turned back and made her move, hiding her escaped tears fro his left eye.

Yonghwa never taste a warm jigae as same as like Seohyun made for him. It’s really warm, even reach his heart content. He found out that despite all of the kindness that Seohyun showed to him, he adores her genuiness. She never fakes everything. She always genuine in all of her act. Yonghwa admitted, that she always warming him.

Though the dinner times that night fill with silence, but they feel warm inside. Yonghwa, with her confession earlier. Seohyun, with his “lovely” word to her. When they were nearly done, Seohyun finally tell him that she decided to move to another room.

“Oppa, I’ve moved my personal things to the guest room…” Seohyun announced.

No prologue, just straight to the point. She couldn’t good at it, and she didn’t need it.

Yonghwa dropped his metal chopsticks on the table that made an ugly voice when those metal things collide with the ceramic bowl.

“We’ve agreed that we’ll take everything slowly, in adjusting each other, and all…” she began again.

Yonghwa was silent, only looked at her with a sharp eyes.

What was this feeling? Why’d I didn’t like it when she say that? Didn’t I used to wanted this to be happen to? So I don’t have to avoid her everynight?

“I think it’s not bad to start everything from the very start. With me staying in another bedroom, we’ll start from being close friend who lives together, what do you think oppa?”

“Why you didn’t talk about it with me first?” Yonghwa tried to calmed himself.

Yes, he’s angry right now.

“I do want to. But, I’ve couldn’t find a chance to talk about it with you…”

“What do you mean you couldn’t find a chance to talk to me when in the reality we’re living under the same room, Seo Joo Hyun?” Yonghwa looked at her with a sterned face.

Seohyun caught his piercing eyes and sterned voice of him.

But you always locked yourself in a study room, then how could I have a way to talk to you?

She blinked and gulped. He’s angry. She assumed.

“I… I’m.. I couldn’t-- ”

“Dwaesseo. You’ve already move your things anyway. So just let it be. I’ve finished, thanks for the food”

He said without looking at her face and stood up to leave her there.

“Oppa wait!” She reached for his wrist, but he pulled it from her.

“What is it Joo Hyun?” He asked, once again he didn’t even bother to looke at her face.

“If you don’t like it, I’ll move my things back to our bedroom” Seohyun offered.

“No, you don’t have to. You can do anything as your please I don’t really care”

“But you’re my husband, I should’ve listened to whatever you said” she insisted, and held his hand again, Yonghwa let her, he didn’t try to released from her held.

Yonghwa chuckled then turned his head, looking at her with a narrowed eyes.

“Yes, I’m your husband, but it was because that arranged marriage thing, we were not married because we love each other, don’t we?”

That made Seohyun blinked, and slowly release her held of his hand.

Her heart aching, feeling like it was being stapped all over again by Yonghwa’s words.

“Oppa…” she whispered, looking at her with her already teary eyes.

Why didn you say like that?

But Yonghwa didn’t mind her, he walked straight to his study room and lock it from inside, leaving Seohyun alone at their dining room.

Yonghwa stood still inside the room, do nothing, just standing and thinking of what he just said, of what she just said.

Didn’t she confessed to me? But then why she wanted to move to another room?

And how could I say something cruel like that! God! You idiot Jung Yong Hwa!

Meanwhile, Seohyun also got in to her bedroom, covering her mmouth so Yonghwa wouldn’t hear her ugly sobs. The pain was stabbing her heart badly until she felt like she has no courage to stand and finally kneeled in front of her door.

His sharp words, his hurtful words, why? Why did he said that? As if he announced right to her face that he didn’t love her and has no intention to do so.

Seohyun were still crying her out, when she heard her phone rang. She crawled to her bed, reaching for her phone. It was from Kyu Hyun.

“Joo Hyun-ssi I’m sorry, but this is emergency!” Kyu Hyun said frantically, didn’t even bother to say “Hello” first.

“Ne? What is it?” Seohyun asked, trying to be normal.

“There’s a man named Song Joong Ki who insisted to entered our bureau and made a chaose at in front, repeatedly calling your name, causing a lot of attention from the people around here. I can’t reach Nicole-ssi, so I call you instead, I’m so sorry”

“What? Joong Ki? Ahrasseoyo, I’ll be there soon!” She hung up.

Collecting her things and just putting it roughly to her bag, wearing her coat and scarv, Seohyun was ready to leave the apartment and go straight to her bureau. She went out from her room immediately and walked to Yonghwa’s study room.

She knocked the door.

“Oppa… are you still there?”

No sound.

“Oppa…are you sleeping?”

Still, no sound. Actually Yonghwa was clearly heard her, but he just could find his words to answered her.

Seohyun heaved a sigh.

“Oppa, if you could hear me, I’m going to my bureau for a while, there’s an emergency thing that I’ve to take care about, so I leave now. Please rest well and I’ll be back soon. Also….have a good night oppa…”

Yonghwa was still silent though her words were kind of crashing her heart. How could she still be kind like that? Wishing me a good night after I said the cruelest words to her. He thought.

*CLICK*

He heard the sound of the passcode locked. Somehow, he felt terribly lonely in his own apartment after she left him.

So…maybe this is how she felt when I left her.

***

Seohyun hurriedly catch a taxi, even telling the driver to go faster. She was worried and afraid of what’s going to be happen with Joong Ki. The were friends, a close one, it’s not easy fpr her to just cut him off and didn’t car about him anymore.

Once, she stepped out from the taxi, she was so surprised looking at how so many people gathered in front of her bureau, even busy taking picture here and there.

“Excuse me…excuse me…” Seohyun pushed herself in the midst of the mob, trying to made her way to get inside to her bureau.

To her surprised when she found out that there was Joong Ki lying in front of the door, there’s Kwang Soo beside him who tried to pulled him away from the entrance.

“WHAT HAPPENED HERE?!” Seohyun said in a loud voice.

People stared at her, Joong Ki and Kwang Soo were the same, along with her staffs that were still there.

“Seohyun-ah…” Joong Ki called her in a desperate voice, he looked so messed up.

“Joo Hyun-ssi, finally you came” Kyu Hyun said while approached her.

“Kwang Soo sunbae, Kyu oppa, please help him to get up and bring him inside” She ordered as she got in to the bureau first.

Both of them were simply agreed, while another staff, Jung Shin was shooing away the crowd.

“Go now! Go! What are you looking at? The show is over now go! Shoo!”

“WHOOOOOOO”

The people felt annoyed with Jungshin’s act.

“Tch! Useles people!” He cursed before finally get in to the bureau.

Seohyun ordered her staff to bring Joong Ki to her office room and asked for sometimes alone with him so nobody could get in to her room. Kwang Soo, Kyu Hyun, and Jung Shin excused themselves and leave Joong Ki to Seohyun. Joong Ki was lied down on the couch in side the room while Seohyun preparing a warm ginger tea for him.

She brought it and placed at at the side drawer of the couch. She kneeled to observed Joong Ki’s face. If she’s not mistaken, it’s almost a week since she last saw him. He looked tinner that made his jaw and collar bone popping out from his skin that she could see at it clearly, he also look a little bit pale, and….he cut his hair.

“Do you miss me?” Joong Ki asked with a closed eyes.

“Ommona!!!” Seohyun exclaimed as her body was thrown back in surprised.

Joong Ki opened his eyes and smiled widely at her.

“Op—oppa how co—could you--”

“Hey…hey…relax…I’m not a ghost okay? I’m just Song Joong Ki”

He stood from his seat then helped Seohyun to stood up, but she refused.

“So, you were setting it up? And act like a drunk madman out there?” Seohyun bombared him with question, as she looked at him in horror and in disbelief.

“………..Yup” He answered, simply.

“Get out!” Seohyun ordered, pointing her forefinger to the door.

“Seohyun, wait… I just want to talk to you”

“I said get out”

“Seohyun, please wait I--”

“Are you deaf? GET OUT!” Seohyun started to raised her voice and shoot him woth her sharp gaze.

“I did it because this is the only way I could talk to you! Please understand Seohyun!” He explained, trying to reached her hands, but she refused.

“Didn’t you said that you won’t bother me after you meet my husband? But look now? You’re BOTHERING me again” she countered.

Joong Ki just silent, looking at her with pleading eyes, but it didn’t make any effect to Seohyun as she kept look at him with her eyes that full of anger and hate.

“Seohyun-ah…” Joong Ki said as he reached Seohyun’s hand but she released her hand from his grasped.

“Go away and leave me alone” She warned.

Silence. As the two were having a stare battle.

 “I don’t want to live my life if it’s not with you” Joong Ki finally blurted out.

Seohyun mouth hang opened and she shook her head.

“You’re really impossible”

She didn’t mind him, so she continued to walked but Joong Ki blocked her track.

“Seohyun-ah…please…” Joong Ki tried to reached her hands again, but still, she avoided it.

She chuckled. And heave a sigh.

“Why?” She started, gripping her bag tightly with her left hand.

“WHY NOW??” Seohyun shouted.

She inhaled and continued with a calmer tone “You’re the one who left me oppa, without even saying anything, without let me knowing anything, you just…just…left me like that..”

“NO! I wasn’t left you! Never! It was just a misunderstood. Let me explain. Please Seohyun, I can explain everything”

“No need oppa. What’s done is done. We’re living a different life now. You and your wife and child, me and my husband. I’m sorry I really have to go now”

“No. Seohyun. This time I won’t be a moron like 9 years ago. I won’t let you go. NEVER!” Joong Ki chased her and caught her wrist, held it tightly.

But Seohyun pulled her wrist roughly until it hurt her but she didn’t care

“I AM MARRIED FOR GOD SAKE! WHY CAN’T YOU UNDERSTAND?” She shouted, she was full of emotion that made her eyes got reddened, the mix of anger, sad, disappointed, just everything.

“BUT YOU’RE MARRYING A BASTARD!” Joong Ki shouted back in frustrated.

*SLAP*

Seohyun slapped Joong Ki, quite hard. And that made both of them startled. Even Seohyun, she was the one who slapped him, but she looked more horrified that then person who were being slapped by her. Joong Ki looked at her with a pleading eyes, Seohyun could see that tears started to form in his eyes as the tears also form in her eyes.

“Don’t. Don’t say something like that about my husband. You have no idea about him. You have no right to judge him!” She announced, tears started to falling from her eyes

“You’re the one who deserved to be called bastard!” she added before finally turned her heels and made her move to leave Joong Ki.

“He betrayed you!” Joong Ki blurted out.

That words had stopped Seohyun, she felt her tongue turned bitter. She turned her body back to face Joong Ki, insisted to kept the unfriendly expression.

“Please! You’re the one who betrayed our friendship!” She countered.

“But. Dwaesseo. You know what oppa? I’m done with this! I leave.”

Seohyun walked away from him. Joong Ki, who never got tired to tried to held her hands, once again, caught her wrist. Seohyun pulled her hand with an annoyed expression but Joong Ki didn’t budge, he tightened his grasped. The stubborn Seohyun kept pulling it until her fair skin turned really red and that was when Joong Ki finally released her. She looked at him with eyes full of hatred. Then she turned her head, looking to the other way.

“It was a mistake!” Joong Ki said.

“I’ve never slept with her! You should be the one who knew that I will never ever do that!”

 “I was being trapped! She had set me like that so it was look like I’ve slept with her. But I didn’t! It was just never happen!”

Joong Ki was the one who dominates, while Seohyun just stayed still, didn’t even open to answer or responded him.

“She wasn’t conceive my child!” Joong Ki explained in frustrated, he almost gave up, got despair, as Seohyun didn’t show any responded.

 “So…what?” Seohyun finally uttered her words.

“There’s nothing to do with me about that. I don’t care whether she conceived your child or not” She said in finality and continue to walked.

Joong Ki blocked her way and looked at her straight in the eyes.

“For you that was nothing, but for me it means everything. Our friendship, you, and everything that had done to us before, it means everything to me. YOU. You are my everything. And it never changes, never will be”

Seohyun smirked and rolled her eyes.

“Oh really? Then you need 9 years away from me to finally realized that our friendship has a little meaning?” She asked, disgusted were showed all over her face.

Joong Ki was starting to got frustrated as Seohyun kept bombarding him with her tantrums and not even gave him a chance to explained what he needed to explained.

“Look” He started.

Then Joong Ki continued “Could you let me explain, please consider our friendship back then”

He was starting to begged. No, it didn’t hurt his pride, he even ready and willing to kneel down if Seohyun told him so. He’ll do anything, just to let her knew the truth and get the one last chance from her.

Seohyun was silent and stared at him. She decided to gave him a chance, his last chance.

Joong Ki took the moment of silence to explained what he needed to explained to her.

“I was set. Tiffany was setting me until it looked like we really did it, but we didn’t. Seohyun I’m not insane, how could I do that kind of thing with the woman that I’ll never ever love or care and even doing it on the school event? It’s just impossible and you knew it. I found out everything just the day before we get married. Tiffany was already pregnant with another man, a friend of her brother. The marriage was finally canceled. But when I was about to fly to Korea and explained everything to you, I just realized that things weren’t the same anymore, the caused of Tiffany’s falsehood had changed not only my life but also all of my family member, my parents and my brother. The mocked and badmouthed from the neighbors, business partners of my parents, teachers, friends, relatives, they saw me and my family with only one eyes and looked down at us. So, my family decided to make a new start in Japan, build everything back from zero. But for me, there is one thing that made me didn’t fly back to Korea to meet you and explain everything to you. And…do you know what is and hoping it Seohyun?”

Seohyun just eyed him, her body still stood straight, facing her car. She didn’t utter even a single words. She acted like she didn’t care with his explanation where in fact she was still shocked after hearing the truth from Joong Ki. Somehow she felt guilty for believing Joong Ki is just such a betrayer and really a nappeun namja for making another woman pregnant but in fact that were all lies.

Joong Ki smiled bitterly as he looked down, collecting his memories about what had happened to him and Seohyun.

“It was you. It was you that made me didn’t wanted to come back to Korea”

And that captured Seohyun’s attention. She turned her head and looked at Joong Ki straight to his eyes, silently seeking for the reason.

“You. You’re special to me Seohyun. You’re the only woman that I see in my eyes, you’re the only one that I always care about, and you’re the only one I love. So, it was really breaking my heart when people looked down and badmouthed me, and even blowing up the news, then when I hope that I can simply run to you and hear “Don’t worry,  everything’s gonna be okay oppa” from you, but it was the opposites, it was only in my imaginations, because although you were there, that day when the rumour started to spread uncontrollably, your beautiful face look at me a bit different, unusually you seemed cold, the gaze you put on me was full of disgust, until I felt like, in front of you I become smaller” Joong Ki explained, and his voice became fainter as he said his last sentence.

Seohyun now turned her body to face Joong Ki. She felt like her legs were started to trembling. Her face turned calmer, regret and guilt were clearly showed all over her face. When she looked at Joong Ki, his eyes already red and watery. Joong Ki also looked back at her. For a several seconds they were just like that, looking to each other eyes, while trying to read the unspoken words through their eyes.

Joong Ki stepped forward that made their distance shortened.

“Seohyun-ah…” He reached for Seohyun’s hands and held it.

This time, she didn’t resist. She just let him.

“Don’t cut me off like this…Jebal…”

“I’m….I’m…not a monster…” Joong Ki said, his walk and defend finally broke down as his tears were rolled down slowly to his cheek.

Joong Ki raised Seohyun’s hand and he bent down his head, then was starting to sobbed. Seohyun tightened her gripped on his hand, and that made Joong Ki slowly raised his head, to assure that what was he felt was real and not only his imagination. He looked at his hand that held Seohyun’s hand, then he looked at her eyes.

Seohyun’s eyes were already reddened. Tears slowly rolled down to her cheek.

“Oppa…” Seohyun called him faintly.

“Hyun-ah…”

A smile started to formed and wash away his sadness, slowly.

Joong Ki couldn’t hid and held it any longer, he pulled Seohyun to his embrace, and hugged her tight. He just wanted to show her how grateful he was to got those attention from her.

In exchange, Seohyun didn’t resist it, though she didn’t hugged him back but she didn’t try to released her body.

“Oppa….mianhae….” Seohyun whispered beside his right ear.

“I’m not a monster Hyun-ah… I’m not a monster….” Joong Ki whispered in the midst of his sobs.

“I know oppa, I know…”

Joong Ki leaned back and stared deeply at her eyes. Trying to read her minds, her soul, remembering those eyes were used to looked at him lovingly, dearly.

“It has always been you, Seohyun-ah…” Joong Ki blurted out of nowhere.

She blinked. Afraid of what the means behind his words.

But no, it wasn’t because she was afraid that her words will swaying her heart, making her confused between fight for Yonghwa or letting him go and started a new chapter of her life with Joong Ki. It has always been Jung Yong Hwa for Seo Joo Hyun. And it will remains the same. Nothing’s gonna change. Yonghwa will always win because Seohyun loves him, always loves him.

But she was afraid of the guilt, the assumptions, the conlusions that she made about Joong Ki starting the day he left her without any reason when the truth was he wasn’t that type of guy that she had thinked before, somehow threatening her. She was afraid that with the possibilities, what if the guilty feeling turned bigger as the days go on, it’s getting bigger to the point that she finally couldn’t refused Joong Ki because she was too guilt for him? Because as his best and closest friend, she wasn’t there to comfort him, she wasn’t there to support him, she wasn’t there to ease his pain, yet, she was just the same with another people, loking down at him, staring at him with her cold eyes, and leave him just like that letting him drawn on a back hole of his life, alone. What if that happens? What if that possibilities finally becomes a reality that she has to face? Because after hearing his explanations, after knowing the truths, she admitted that she was the one who betrayed him, she was the one who cut their relationship, she was the one who left him. And Seohyun wasn’t the type who could live peacefully after putting burdens into someone’s life, she wasn’t the type who could passed easily her guilty feeling after dealing with some un-good deeds. She’ll surely does everything to pay back, at least trying to. She’ll tries her best and doing everything that possible only to have forgiveness.

Everything to get a forgiveness.

And in this kind of situation, that’s what she scared the most.

Hearing nothing from Seohyun, Joong Ki stated again.

“It has always been you from the very first time. Because I only need you, because I only want you”

He tightened his hold on Seohyun’s hand. Inhale deeply and looked straight to Seohyun’s eyes, as if he was trying to assure her, as if she was trying to guarantee what will he says later.

“Because despite everything, I choose to love Seohyun-ah”

“Oppa…”

Was all she could say before Joong Ki cupped her face with his both hands, trying to erased the distance between them by leaning closer to kiss her lips.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ann--yeong--hase--yoo... *crwaling* *face palm*

How have you been readers? I hope you've been doing well.. :)

Actually I don't heve the guts to pest this, because I BROKE my promise, I couldn't posted the new chapter the way I've told you, the way it supposed to be.

I AM SORRY. I REALLY AM.

T_T

My unworking laptop, notebook, and brain somehow made me lost my eagerness to write. But, I've worked hard on this chap, so I hope you'll like it and I'll surely appreciate for those who leave their coment, it really means everything to me.

I'm really grteful for the warm support and respond on the previous step. You're so kind, guys.

YOU'RE JJANG. YOU GOT MORE AWESOME DAY BY DAY, do you know it?

I LOVE YOUUUUUUUU <3

 

So....enjoy reading and feel free to comment and subscribe.

And, Thank you so much for the upvotes, the subcribers, really thank you :)

 

PS: Yurim's JJANG AND DAEBAK, and Seju, God....could you please stop getting more handsome as the days pass by? Or I'll die because of the nosebled.

 

Once again, enjoy reading, and see you SOON ^^