Hold You Tight (Part 2)

When The Rainbow Faded

BGM: Tae Yeon (SNSD) – Closer

 

“Let’s go, sir” Yong Hwa said.

Since Yong Hwa’s status was still a witness, so it was alright for him to get a company. And the doctors decided that dr. Ha Dong Hoon would be the one who will accompany him to the police office. Min Hyuk wanted to go there too, but Tae Hun didn’t permit him because if he also goes there then it would caused the patients got abandoned. So with a heavy heart, Min Hyuk finally agree. Everyone in the room witnessing Yong Hwa’s depart with the police with teary eyes, and for Min Hyuk, he was already crying hard as he linked his arms on Tae Hyun’s shoulder. There’s no “cool doctor Kang Min Hyuk” anymore, when it comes to his Hyung, Min Hyuk always turned to be emotional and act like a 5 years old boy.

***

(Busan)

Seo Hyun was putting her lipgloss when her mother called her from the downstairs telling her that the taxi was arrived. So she hurriedly put all her belonging, including the brown envelope which consist her CT scan result, since she’ll be going to Seoul just right after she finished her business with dr. Jang in the hospital. She was feeling sad actually because she couldn’t meet her appa, but her father will be reach home in the evening, if only she didn’t have any schedule in Dongguk today, she’ll be waiting for her father. Though she knew that her father won’t mind it, but still, she felt she was failing as a daughter for she couldn’t even spend more times with her parents. But yeah, that’s a life. She just promised herself that she must make some times in these weekend to come to Busan and spend times with her parents.

She has been working too much lately. She admitted that.

Mrs. Seo walked her until she get inside the taxi, Seo Hyun slid down the window immediately and spread her hands to reached her mother’s hands.

“Omma, mianhaeyo… I promise I’ll come back to Busan next week and let’s go to Haeundae, together with appa…”

“Ayee… Kwaencanha, don’t keep saying sorry to me. It makes me sad, Joo Hyun… Alright, I’ll be waiting for you and Yong Hwa next week then” Mrs. Seo said and smiled at Seo Hyun.

Seo Hyun just nodded weakly and smiled bitterly.

Because, despite everything, she still couldn’t believe that Yong Hwa had really for get Shin Hye, she still thinks that, Yong Hwa’s out of reach for her. So…everything…every sweet moments that she was planning to make it with Yong Hwa, the picture perfect that she imagine  together with Yong Hwa, somehow….she felt like, she didn’t have the right even to only imagine things like that.

“Joo Hyun-ha? You’re….spacing out… waeyo?” Mrs. Seo asked as she bent his body more and caressed Seo Hyun’s cheek.

Seo Hyun looked up to meet her mother’s warm eyes, she just shook her head and trying hard to curved a smile on her lips.

“Aniyo omma… It’s nothing… Well, I’d better leave now…”

“Oh…oh… Be safe on your way to the hospital and also to Seoul Joo Hyun-ah, tell dr. Jang that I invite him for a dinner with me and your appa”

“Ahrasseoyo. I’ll surely tell him about that. Take care omma. I love you, so much. I love appa so much, as well…”

Seo Hyun popped her head from the window to kiss her omma’s cheek.

Mrs. Seo smiled warmly and caressed her cheek for some more, before finally Seo Hyun got back to her former position and slid up the car window and the taxi started to drove off. Mrs. Seo was still waving her hands though Seo Hyun might be didn’t see it anymore. She didn’t know why, but somehow….she felt so heavy when she let Seo Hyun go today. There’s something inside her that selfishly want to stopped her for leaving home. She felt uneasy, seemed like something bad will be happening to her daughter.

Still standing in front of her house gate, Mrs. Seo shook her head, hoping that it would erase every scary scenarios and all of the worries that she felt. She keep talking to herself that she was just having paranoid while turning her body and get inside her home.

Meanwhile, on her way to dr. Jang, Seo Hyun mostly spacing out, replaying everything that ever happened since her first marriage with Yong Hwa in her mind. She even remember the time when we sere still a junior high school and meeting Yong Hwa in his noona’s wedding. She opened her bag zip, and took out her wallet where she put her picture with Yong Hwa when they were still a child, the one that Mrs. Jung gave her back then. He was only 7 and she was 5 back then, they were the little bride and groom on their uncle’s wedding in Ilsan. She was smiling when she travelled to that day in her memories, came to think of it she had a little memories about that event actually, though it was still like an unfinished puzzle, but she could remember, that, yes, at that time she was the bride and Yong Hwa was the groom, and also, she remembered the promise that they had in the sunflower garden near her grandmother house in Ilsan.

Don’t you remember it, oppa?

But when she was about to put the wallet back to her bag, something fell to her lap from her wallet. She took it and it was another photograph, a Polaroid picture to be exact, and when she flipped the picture, it made she raised her eyebrows.

It was a Polaroid picture, of her, and Song Joong Ki.

The wore their high school uniform where Seo Hyun made a mehrong pose and Joong Ki with a pouted lips.

Song Joong Ki.

Then Seo Hyun thre her gaze to the shopping bag beside her that consist of a minion doll from him.

Right. She haven’t said anything to him yet. Not even a single thank you.

So she reached for her phone and instead of texting him, she dared herself to called him. Because despite all this conflicting condition between them and whatever relationship they had for now, she felt really grateful, because there’s one thing from him that remain the same and will never change.

Song Joong Ki is a good person. He is the most kind hearted person that she ever met in her life. He always have that sincere heart in helping other.

After three waiting line heard, Joong Ki picked up her call.

“Hyunnie?” He asked, somehow he sounded a little bit unsure.

Well, this is the first time after 9 years apart that Seo Hyun called him first.

Seo Hyun smiled, finding Joong Ki’s voice is quite cute though

“Ne…oppa… Annyeong!” She greeted cheerfully.

“Oh? So this is really you? Waeyo? Something happen Hyun-ah?” Joong Ki asked worriedly.

Seo Hyun let out a chuckle and shook her head, feeling amused with his strength behavior, she just wants to call him, is that a big deal? She thought.

“Yah…oppa, I just want to call you, waeyo? I can’t? Okay then, I’ll hang up”

“Ani ani ani. Hyunnie, it’s not like that. No. Don’t cut the phone please”

Seo Hyun couldn’t help but laugh, hearing his voice that sound so funny even more.

“Hahaha ahrasseoyo”

“Yah. You’re laughing? You dare to tease me? Just you wait Seo Joo Hyun” Joong Ki said in a calmer tone, even acting like he was threatening her.

“I’m not scared of you Song Joong Ki sunbaenim”

She heard him chuckling. Sensing that the atmosphere turned normal, she decided to spill the main reason of calling him.

“Oppa…gomawoyo….jinjja gomawoyo…” She stated.

“Ayeee, it’s nothing, really. You already said that words many times yesterday. Don’t mind it Seo Hyun-ah…”

“But it’s not about yesterday, well, I do feel grateful since you’ve been there, but now I want to thank you for the doll, the minion doll…”

“………Ah… Keugae… Aniya, it’s nothing Hyun-ah…”

“Oppa, why’d you keep saying “It’s nothing” for everything that you did to me? I’m so thankful for that, and it’s not nothing, it really means a lot for me, everything that you have done to me mean a lot…”

“………..Jeongmal?” Joong Ki asked weakly it heard more like a whisper even.

“Of course… So, once again, thank you, for the doll”

“I’ve promised, so it’s like a debt for me, and I’m willing to get you that Hyun, you don’t have to thanked me, really”

“But still… Thank you, oppa. Thank you, for the doll, and also thank you, for everything….”

As she said that, Seo Hyun eyes were already trying hard to hold back those crystallized liquid that came to fill her eyes so sudden. She gripped her phone tight, hoping that it would strengthened her of not letting the tears fall.

“Yah….I didn’t do it to be thanked by you, Hyun-ah… I just did it because I want to…”

“…..But still, thank you oppa….”

In his side, Joong Ki was smilng warmly and sign in content just to hear her sweet voice.

“Ahrasseoyo… You’re most welcome, Hyun-ah…”

Seo Hyun also smiled in her seat and thumbed her cheek that already wet with the falling tears.

“Ah oppa! If you came to my home last night, why didn’t you tell me? You know, you could come over and greet my omma…”

“……..Err…Well…your room already dark, and beside you were having a tough day  yesterday, so I just left the doll instead… Hehe… Mian…”

“Hemph! But you could just meet my mother, she was asking about you though” Seo Hyun argued.

“Oh? Jinjjayo? Ommoni asked about me?”

“Ne….she told me to send her regard to you and tell you to come over to our house when you visit Busan…”

“Whooaa jinjja? Thank you! Tell ommoni that I’m so thankful and I promise to make a time to visit ommonim and abeonim”

“Okay. You’d better do so oppa, you know….omma always likes you…she said you’re like abeoji when he was still young…haha” Seo Hyun said out of the blue.

Without Seo Hyun could see, Joong Ki blushed in his spot. Mrs. Seo used to tell him that whenever Joong Ki came to Seo Hyun’s house and no matter how often he heard about that, he always got his cheek blushed.

“Haha…. Ne…Ommoni used to tell me that when we sere in high school… By the way, how’s ommonim and abeonim? They’ve been doing well right?”

“Ne… Appa gained weight so much these past months though. Haha”

“Ah jinjja? Well… he like sports so I guess it’s okay for him”

“Ne majayo…”

“So…. Hyun-ah, where are you now?”

“Na? Uhm… I’m on my way to the hospital…”

“Huh? Honja?”

“Ne…”

“Yong Hwa neun? He didn’t go with you?” Joong Ki inquired, feeling irritated already, thinking that Yong Hwa, once again leaving Seo Hyun.

“He’s going back to Seoul this mor—wait, oppa, how could you know that Yong Hwa was here?” Seo Hyun asked curiously, she was frowning in her spot.

“Ne? Ah… Keugae… Keugae… Well… Uhm… I--”

“Ne?” Seo Hyun asked impatiently.

“Uhm… I saw him when he was about going inside of your house, that’s why….”

“Ah….so it was like that….”

Joong Ki sighed as he senses that Seo Hyun fell for his words. Well, he couldn’t just tell her that he was the one who tell Yong Hwa about her whereabouts.

“Ne… So… You’re going to the hospital now?”

“Ne oppa. I hope everything will be just fine” She sighed, feeling hopeless already about her condition

“Of course everything will be just fine. Yah. You just need more times to rest Hyun, that’s all”

Seo Hyun only smiled and threw her gaze to the view outside through the car window.

“So, when will be you go back to Seoul?”

“Today… After I’ve settled everything in the hospital, I’ll just go straight to the airport”

“Ah… Geurae? Is someone going to fetch you here?”

“Aniyo, I’ll just take a taxi instaed”

“Then I’ll fetch you here. Just tell me your time of flight”

“Aniyo, it’s okay oppa, you don’t have to”

“But, it will be easier for you if--”

“I understand your good intention oppa… But, you’d better not… I don’t want people got us wrong and assume things, you know what I mean, don’t you?”

“…….Alright, I just want to help though”

“I know. Thank you, oppa… Oh, oppa. I’ll be arrive in a minute, I hang up now, okay?”

“Ahrasseo. Take care, Hyun-ah…”

“Ne thank you, oppa too. Bye bye!”

“Bye~”

***

(Busan St. Mary’s Medical Center)

With a heavy steps, Song Hyun bring her body to take step by steps inside the hospital. She took the elevator and press 5, and soon she finally arrived at the cardiology polyclinic. She remember well where dr. Jang office was, for she had been there since she was still a student. But, she walked ever so slowly, she could already imagined how dr. Jang will react when he knew about her condition, he’ll surely spoil her, and thinking about that she wishes that if only she could just disappear right there and then.

Heaving her last deep sigh, finally, Seo Hyun had strength to knock the door and let herself inside when dr. Jang said “Come in”

The moment their eyes met, dr. Jang looked at her with a cold face. He didn’t tell her to have a sit, so she just allow herself to sit in front of his table. She felt so small with that penetrating look from her daughter whom like an uncle for her.

So, daring herself, she look up and grinned at her.

“I won’t fall for your charm Joo Hyun-ah” He stated with an authoritative tone.

Seo Hyun bent down her head and busy played with her fingers.

“You’ve promised me before, that once you come here, you’re going to agree with taking a surgery treatment. So, don’t waste more times and sign the paper, palli” He finished his sentence as he handed her the form to fill for a surgery treatment.

“Sunsaengnim…..” she whined.

“Wae? You’ve promised. No more reason. Palli sign this”

“Sunsaengnim….you know I will never agree with the surgery treatment…”

dr. Jang locked his eyes on hers for at least 5 seconds, leaving both of them in silence.

Then he sighed and put down his glasses as he shut his eyes for a moment.

“Joo Hyun-ah, please just listen to me this once. Take the treatment. Okay?”

Again, Joo Hyun looked up and slowly shook her head.

“Aigooo this little brat….” Mr. Jung whined as he playfully massage his nape.

That made Seo Hyun giggled but when dr. Jang looked at her with his deadly glare again, she stopped and coughed awkwardly.

“………dr. Jang…”

“Mwo? You even dare to laugh with your condition right now?” He scolded her, in hope that it would change her stubbornness.

Seo Hyun let out a deep sigh, then she lifted her head and stared deeply into dr. Jang’s eyes.

“dr. Jang……” She started.

“…….I’ve read, searched on the internet, I did everything to gained every information needed related to my illness, that…there are many cases of the MVR operation, that even the patient got the valve changed the patient condition could turned even worse due to the complication after the surgery… That…sometimes the body itself neglected to being planted a strange material inside, so whether the operation is turn to a success or a failure is depend on the patient condition. How strong their immune system, how strong their body could bear the strange material being planted inside, and of course the most important is, how big their willing to life and fight their illness… And also, all of the sources said the same….that the percentage of the surgery’s small….only around 2% it will lead to a succeed…” Seo Hyun explained, trying to sound normal, but as her words keep spill, her voice was getting fainter.

“Yes. What had you said was true. All of it is indeed true. And yes, the percentage is really small. Around 98% the patient will be dead on the operation table. But so what? What’s wrong with that? We still have those 2% miracle, so why don’t we use it? Why don’t we try it? Every operations are the same, all of it have a risk, whether it’s a low risk, or a high risk, like your case. But a risk is a risk. We can’t underestimate it nor got torture by it. We have a chance Joo Hyun, YOU have a chance to live, happily, normally. Though it’s just 2%, why don’t we give it a try?” dr. Jang countered, his eyes still locked on hers though it softened.

“……dr. Jang please, I’m not ready yet to leave my parents….” She said in a whispered tone.

“Who says that you’ll be leaving them? Joo Hyun, please don’t be too pessimistic. It’s so not like you”  he argued again.

“…….Give me more time,… Samcheon….please….” Seo Hyun meet her teary eyes with his, she bit her quivered lips and really wish that dr. Jang would agree with her, and once again she’ll win this argument.

dr. Jang went silent and massage his temple with his finger. He really tried hard not to shouted at the patient that he considered as his own daughter already.

“……Just get me your CT scan result then…let’s see how’s your cardiac progressing…”

Seo Hyun smiled and hurriedly show dr. Jang the latest CT scan result.

“Oh? You got this already? Onjae?” dr. Jang asked in surprised, because Seo Hyun used to take her CT scan only if dr. Jang ordered her to do so, he didn’t expect that Seo Hyun would initiatively go for a CT scan.

“…..Uhm….yesterday…I’m not feeling well, so I decided to go to the hospital” She lied.

“Okay let’s see how it’s going to be….”

Seo Hyun counted and ten seconds had passes when dr. Jang put the cold and serious look on his face and pound to her through her eyes.

“……So, how was it…doctor?”

“You didn’t take your medication properly, did you?”dr. Jang sentence had caught her.

“Ne?!” Seo Hyun exclaimed

Just by one look at her expression, dr. Jang already knew what the answer is.

“Oh my God, Seo Joo Hyun…what happened to you? You’re not usually like this. Though you insisted you don’t want to take a surgery since forever, you always take your medication properly, but….now….why….?” dr. Jang lost for words already.

He inhaled…then exhaled. Taking his times to breathe properly before he continued his sentence.

“You see this part of your heart?” He looked up to observed her, as he made a circular motion with his pen at the left side on the Seo Hyun’s heart that was shown by the CT scan result.

“…..Ne…. It looks…swelling….” She commented.

dr. Jang nodded in approval, “Yes, and it bigger than the other part. This is the left ventricle of your heart, it’s un-normally getting bigger, it’s already quite big for the last time result and now, it getting bigger. Seo Joo Hyun, have I ever told you what that means?”

“….Ne….dr. Jang…”

“You knew, but why you didn’t take all of the pills I gave you properly? Don’t tell me that you running out for that, I’ve stock it for two months already!”

Seo Hyun could only silent, feeling got caught and even worse because she didn’t prepare any excuses.

“Stop working Joo Hyun-ah” dr. Jang said out of the blue.

“What? No. I can’t. dr. Jang, what do you mean?”

“Or choose. Between your bureau and Dong Guk, just focus with one. You’ll just endanger yourself if you keep working like a slave! Another reason why did your heart getting swelled was because you’re overworked, you’ve been stressed out, and you need more rest. So, you’d better choose between your psychology bureau or Dong Guk University”

“But, I—I…”

“Joo Hyun-ah, if you insisted then there might be a possibility of torn arteries, it’s the large arteries we’re talking about, and if that happens, it’s impossible to stop the bleeding and let the blood stops naturally by using baypass, in ordered to cover it, we have to put two medical valves in your heart, do you want it to be happen Joo Hyun-ah?”

“……..Aniyo….”

“Joo Hyun-ah, do you still remember what I’ve told you about your condition? Where it may lead if the condition worsen?”

“……..Yes. It may lead to a heart failure, congestive heart failure”

“Glad you still remember it…”

Seo Hyun went silent again, and bent her head down.

“I’ll give you a time to think about the surgery. And while you’re using your times to think, I’ll recommend you to my colleagues in Seoul. We’re barely meet Joo Hyunnie, and like I said, you could get a much much better medical treatment in Seoul, so I’ll send your medical record to my friend and sent a referral letter to take you as his patient. He’s my sunbaenim, and he’s the best cardiothoracic surgeon in Korea, I believe he can help you”

“But I can just come here doctor… Please, I’m your patient for 8 years already…I’m not used to a new doctor”

“Don’t worry, he’s really kind and also fun, you’ll like him in just a split of second. Trust me. Here, take his name card”

Seo Hyun took it and flipped the card, and to her surprised the said new doctor that will took care of Seo Hyun was none other than…

“Jung….Jung Tae…. Tae Hun??” She stared at the card in her palm in horror.

“Ne. Tae Hun hyung is a nice person, and he’s a great doctor, he’s a sunbaenim that I look up to and I respect the most. I’m 100% sure that he can help you, Joo Hyun-ah”

“Shiroyo!” Seo Hyun exclaimed and it made dr. Jang surprised.

That surprised herself too actually since she had never saying in aloud voice like that to dr. Jang. But the realization that her father-in-law would find out about her illness was just too horror to be imagined. She had tried hard to covered and hide her illness from her husband since the beginning of their marriage, and all of her efforts would be useless once dr. Jang send her file to her father-in-law. No. She can’t let it happen.

“Just meet him for this once Joo Hyun-ah, he’s a great doctor, he can help you”

“Then give me more times Jung sunsaeng. I’ll meet him when I’m ready. Don’t send my medical records to him yet, let me think of it first, I’ll consider about it, really… Please, dr. Jang?”

dr. Jang knew just how much his lovely patient stubbornness, in order to avoid another argument with her, he decided to give her the victory, once again.

“Ahrasseo… I’ll give you more times to think.”

“Khamsahamnida….” Seo Hyun nodded her head politely and put a smile on her face.

dr. Jang smirked and squited his eyes at her, “Tch! I hate that victory smile the most”

“Liar. You said you love me the most” She countered.

dr. Jang chuckled and shook his head while writing for her medicines recipe. Once he done, he handed it to Seo Hyun which Seo Hyun took gratefully from him.

“Jinjja khamsahamnida Jang sunsaeng”

dr. Jang took off his glasses again and put it on the table, “Hmm….Joo Hyun-ah, you really have to think about the referral ahrajji?”

Seo Hyun nodded and smiled, “Ne…. And oh, Jang sunsaeng my parents invite you for a dinner whenever you have time”

“Oh jeongmal. Whoaaa, thank you so much for the offer. Ne, I’ll make sure to take the offer only if the only daughter of the family agreed to take the surgery treatment” He teased confidently.

“Ayee jinjja! Well, I’d better leave now sunsaengnim. There’s a flight I have to catch” she explained as she hurriedly pack her belonging.

dr. Jang just  chuckled and shook his head, couldn’t understand how Seo Hyun always avoid that topic.

“Okay. Be safe on your flight” dr. Jang said then he stood up from his seat and stepped out from his table to approach Seo Hyun.

“Ne…. Algeseumnida…”

“Take care, okay?” dr. Jang said, giving her a short hug and patted on her back.

“Ne… Thank you so much sunsaengnim. I’ll take all my pills properly. Promise”

“Good girl…” he patted her head.

Seo Hyun just giggling.

Then with one last wave and bowed, Seo Hyun excuse herself from his room and proceed to the pharmacist to get her medicines.

Afterwards, she went straight to the airport for she’s having a flight on 11.30 am. Once she arrived at the airport, she still have around 30 minutes before her departure. So, while waitng the flight to take off, she read the online news from her phone. At first, she was just reading some random news, but then her forehead got creased when she found this one news, with the bold and big headline.

DR. JUNG X X FROM SNU HOSPITAL BLAMED OVER MALPRACTICE ISSUE

 

She clicked it to find more explanation. She was already having a mini heart attack the second her eyes caught the “JUNG” words. She tried to have some positive thinking though. Keep chanting to herself that there’s hundreds people in Korea who was the “Jung” as their surname, so it goes the same at SNU hospital, probably it was another doctor, and not her husband nor her father-in-law.

When it loaded perfectly, Seo Hyun fixed her eyes on her phone screen. The more he read the news, the more her expression change. From uneasy, to worried, to scared, and lastly, a horrified.

She gaped and hang opened, the second her eyes read what was written on that article

According to the hospital’s staff statements, dr. Jung X X is the son of the Head of Surgeon and Cardiothoracic Surgery Department, dr. Jung Tae Hun, and probably that was the reasoned why Mr. Lee X X’s case (the patient) got closed almost a month ago by the hospital. Dr. Jung X X himself’s still in Gang Nam police station now, he was asking by the police for giving his statement since his status’s still a witness. We’re still waiting for the result from Gang Nam police and we’re really looking forward for every development of this issue.

Seo Hyun shook her head in denial and kept staring to her i-phone in disbelief.

No. It can’t be. It can’t be. It must be a mistake. She tried to calmed herself.

She have to make sure though. So she dialed Yong Hwa’s number. But alas, he wasn’t answering. She could only hear the waiting line. But she couldn’t find Yong Hwa’s voice.

Feeling panic, she called for Min Hyuk, but it was the same, he didn’t pick up either. Not giving up, Seo Hyun decided to call her mother-in-law, and finally after fifth time of waiting line, Mrs. Jung picked up her call.

Seo Hyun was welcomed by her Mrs. Jung cried.

“Joo Hyun-ahh…..”

Seo Hyun could hardly heard Mrs. Jung voice, for her sobbed was too loud.

“Ommoni… What happened? What happened to oppa?”

Seo Hyun could only hear another painful sobbed from her in law.

“Ommoni….”

And without her notice, she started to teary up too. The gripped on her phone was tightening, as she felt he hands were stand to shaking.

But then the stewardeses had to inform her to turned off her phone for the flight’s going to take off in a moment.

Feeling desperate, Seo Hyun cut her call, though in the end all she could say was just

“Ommoni it must be a mistake, oppa won’t ever do it. They had mistaken. Yong oppa will be just fine. Please don’t worry too much ommoni”

But to her avail, Mrs. Jung was keep crying in though she tried hard to say “Gomawo Joo Hyun-ah…”

That very moment, for Seo Hyun, it turned to be longest flight that she ever take in her life.

Seo Hyun kept fidgeting in her seat, she had never imagined that dealing with mixture of heavy and uneasy feeling could pain her even more than her illness. She couldn’t stop herselp to think of Yong Hwa, wondering how’s his condition now, does the police treat him well, what is he doing right now, is he having a hard time to talk with the police officer ?

 She felt like she was ready to explode.

45 hours of flight felt like a century for her. So, the second she hopped from the plane, Seo Hyun was hurriedly went to her apartment to put her belonging first before she went to her in law house. On her way home, she had already informed Nicole that she couldn’t come to her office today, and thankfully, Nicole who had also found out about Yong Hwa’s issue already took over of Seo Hyun’s schedules with the clients for today and made a new appointment for all of them.

Because she was too panic, once she entered her room and was about to take her things from the bedside drawer, she didn’t realized that her bag zipped was opened so when she bent down, she dropped all of her things inside her bag.

Cursing to her clumsiness, Seo Hyun had to squatting down with slightly laid her body on the floor and reached for her USB under her bed, she spread her hand without looking at it, but instead of grasping her USB, her hands reached for something that shaped like a box. She straightened her body and leaned her body to the side of her body.

She was frowning when realize that It wasn’t her belonging though. She never had that kind of jewelry box. Feeling curious, Seo Hyun decided to open it, and there’s a blue paper whis is being fold into a tiny one. She opened that folded paper, and to her surprised she was welcome by handwriting inside, so…it was a note. She thought.

I just think that Butterfly suit you, Butterfly represents you, Seo Hyun-ah.

 I hope you like it and wear it often.

PS: I’m really sorry for breaking my promise to watch a movie with you today.

Yong Oppa.

 

“Oppa….” She murmured.

Then she observed the necklace’s box better, that was when she realized it ws the same

And just like that, her walls finally got broke. The situation was too much for her to handle, her illness, her relationship with Yong Hwa, Yong Hwa’s malpractice issue, and now…this, the more she observed the necklace’s box better the more she remembered that it was the same jewelry shop when she saw Yong Hwa and Shin Hye went there, she felt guilty for not listening to his explanation, for didn’t even give him a change to explained. Everything, every single thing that had happened to her was just sooo suffocating, it was like everything wwere competing to take her breathe away.

In the middle of afternoon, Seo Hyun let herself cried out loud.

After some times, her cried had turned into a soft sobbed. And with that, she heard her phone beeped, signaling there was a new message for her. She reached for it and when she opened the message it was from unknown number, and the content was a capture of Yong Hwa’s article on the newspaper that she already read.

She was still frowning when another message popped in her phone, from the same unknown number.

 

 

So, have you seen it?

I’ve warned you before, so whatever happen to him was all because your fault.

Meet me at the place where we talked for the first time.

 

And with that message, Seo Hyun found out who the sender was.

 

She shut her eyes tightly as she clutched the butterfly necklace in her palm, she took her times to maintain her breathing for another secods. Next, she put on the butterly necklace and made it linger on oher neck. When she felt better, she get up and got herself ready to face the one who send her the threatening message.

***

Once Seo Hyun arrived at the said place, she could find her figure easily, leaned back on her seat with an i-pad on her hand. She gtitted his teeth and clenched her first before she proceed to her direction.

“Park Shin Hye-ssi” She said, didn’t bother to greet her first.

Shin Hye lifted her head and observed her face before she smirked in an early victory, as she tell Seo Hyun to sit down.

“I’ve ordered something for you to drink actually, I hope you don’t mind it…” She said, faking a small talks.

But Seo Hyun didn’t have time for her stupid little game, instead she asked her straightforwardly.

“What do yo want from me?”

Again, Shin Hye smirked and her mango-coconut juice before she drifted her gaze to Seo Hyun.

She was about to opened and ready to cursing Seo Hyun, but something…..on Seo Hyun’s neck made her stop.

The butterfly necklace.

Yes, of course Shin Hye remembered that necklace, because Yong Hwa couldn’t threw his gaze away from that necklace the day she asked him to accompany her to buy a birthday gift for Gyu Ri.

She had really thought that Yong Hwa wanted to buy her that necklace. She felt so confident and sure that when Yong Hwa got back to the jewelry shop—which  is she was followed him sneakily—he will buy it for her.

But apparently, not.

So, she give my necklace to this stupid ? She cursed in her mind.

Her blood boiled. She felt like strangling Seo Hyun right at this second. But, of course, she couldn’t. No, it wasn’t because there were in the public area, but it was because Yong Hwa would hate her even more if she ever do so.

“You….” Shin Hye started, eyes fixed on Seo Hyuns.

Then she continued “Are you that stupid?”

Seo Hyun frowned, though she also stared deeoly into Shi Hye’s eyes.

“I’ve warned you before, so…if you still have a little brain, I don’t have to remind you…”

Seo Hyun let out an angry sigh, then without blinking she asked Shin Hye again.

“What do you want from me?”

“You know what you’re supposed to do to fix this mess” Shin Hye stated, firmly.

***

The times that she was supposed to use to meet her mother –in-law but it got ruined because of her sudden meeting with Shin Hye, made Seo Hyun couldn’t find any time left to meet Mrs. Jung. She had to be in Dong Guk at 2 pm, for she has a class and appointment with her student accoding to the revise of her thesis. She told her mother that she was sorry for she couldn’t accompany her by now, and Mrs. Jung could take Seo Hyun explanation really well, beside she has uncle Jin Soo and other relatives now, and she felt much better now, so she told Seo Hyun to just focus with her work and don’t be troubled with her condition.

So after meeting Shin Hye, Seo Hyun went straight to Dong Guk.

But, her mind was just too complicated and she had thought of many things inside, she couldn’t focus on lecturing. So she decide dto devide the students into some study group and gave them different cases to be sold. While in her seat, she couldn’t stop to think about their conversation with Shin Hye earlier.

She felt like she was carrying a big and hard rock on her shoulder.

One of a student who had close with her even asked her,

“Saem, you’re…spacing out… Waeyo? Is something bothering you? Are you ill? It’s so not like you to act like that saem…”

But Seo Hyun just smiled and gave him a rassuring smile, saying “Aniya. Saem’s fina Min Ho-yah. Thanks for your concern, now go back to your seat”

Just right after she told her student, Choi Min Ho, to go back to her seat, her phone vibrates.

Her brows raised when she read the name of the caller. She hurriedly went out of the class to take his calls.

“Oppa?!” Seo Hyun exclaimed.

“Hyun-ah, I’m sorry for not taking your call. Wae?”

“No, it’s okay. Oppa where are you? Are you alright?”

“Na? In the hospital, of course I’m alright. Wae? Miss me already?” Yong Hwa answered calmly, even managed to in the end.

Seo Hyun started to confused, she was having a heart attack already when she read about his news, but….his reaction was beyond her imaginations.

“Oppa I’m serious!” she started to lost her patience.

“Hahaha. I’m the most serious here Hyu~~n. Ahrasseo ahrasseo mian…”

“Oppa… I… I’ve read the article about….that…that…”

“Ah… That one. The spreading news about me having a malpractice issue?”

“…….Ne” she answered, though her voice sounded like a whisper.

“Don’t worry Hyun, the police still investigate the truth about the issue”

“Ah…is that so? Are you…are you alright oppa?”

She heard Yong Hwa laughed softly before he answered her, “I’m talking with you now, so I’m most alright”

Finally. Despite all the complicated things that happened today. Seo Hyun found a reason to smile.

“Are you sure Oppa? I heard police had brought you to their office, was it true?”

“Ah…..ne. They were taking me, but they just want to get my statement and explanation, they were taking me a a witness, I’ve got accompany by my friend even. Don’t worry Hyun-ah, everything will be just fine”

Ne, you’ll be alright and everything will be just fine, I’ll make sure of it. Seo Hyun shouted in her mind.

“Hyuu~n? Are you there?”

“Oh, ne oppa… I’m here. Uhm oppa, about our dinner plane…”

“Ah….yes, I was actually calling you to remind you about that. In case you had forgot that. So, what time do you want to get fetch up?”

“Uhmm…oppa, do you have any schedule around 5?”

“Wait, let me check it…..Ani. I don’t have any surgery schedule, so yeah I’m free. So, I’ll fetch you at 5?”

“Ani ani… It’s not like that…”

“Huh? Geurom?” Yong Hwa asked in confused.

“Uhmm oppa, before we have dinner… How about if we ride a bicycle at Namiseom?”

“Oh? Bicycle? You want to ride a bicycle? Jinjja?”

He asked her again to give an assurance and Seo Hyun could heard that he was chuckling behind his phone.

“Ne… I’ll bring mine and you bring yours. How about that?”

“Ahrasseo, but in one condition…”

“What is it?”

“Don’t bring your bicycle, just use mine. We can ride my bicycle together. So, do we reach a deal?”

Seo Hyun couldn’t hide her blushing cheek, and answered with “Ne…”

“Assa! It’s a deal then!” Yong Hwa exclaimed happily.

“I’ll fetch you in around 5 then, okay?”

“Ne, and oppa I’m in Dong Guk”

“Oh okay. I’ll be in psychology department parking lot at 5, don’t you dare to escape Seo Joo Hyun!”

This time, it was Yong Hwa who could hear her soft laugh, “Haha of corse I won’t oppa. Well tehn, see you oppa!”

“Ne… See you at 5!”

“Okay, please drive safely. I hang up now”

“Ne~~ buin…”

It took 10 seconds for Seo Hyun to leaned he back on the wall of the classroom while clutching her phone tightly over her chest. And her smile was linger until her class was over and she got ready for another schedule

***

There are so many things I couldn’t say

You have never heard them before, but

I’m not someone who just loves anyone I see

Because among the many people in this world

I could only see you

 

When things got better, seemed like times had passed so fast, but when things got worse , seemed like times had stopped. That was what Seo Hyun felt today.

She was waiting for Yong Hwa at the bench near the parking lot while reading her favorite book titled “Totto Chan”, though she already read it so many times alredy, but she still couldn’t get bored with that. Maybe she was too focused with reading until she didn’t notice when someone approached her and even managed stood in front of her.

“Seo… Joo Hyun?”

Seo Hyun’s brows furrowed before she lifted her head to look at the figure in front of her.

“Oppa? Yeon Seok oppa?” She asked in surprised, ash he stood abruptly from her seat.

“So….it’s really you…Joo Hyunnie…” Yeon Seok said as he patted her right arm.

“Oowah… Oppa, jinjja…oraenmanhinaeyo…Annyeonghaseyo…” Seo Hyun greeted him politely.

“Ayee don’t be like that. I feel like a stranger now, or…do you see me as a stranger now? By the way, annyeong!”

Seo Hyun shook her head repeatedly as a denial.

“Oppa, how could you say that? Of course not, you’ll never be a stranger for me… You’re my favorite older brother, remember?” Seo Hyun finished her sentence with a smile.

“Geurae? Glad to hear that then. But, wait, you said that I’m your favorite older brother? Well… I thought I’m your favorite ex-boyfriend…”

“Ayee…oppa…Don’t tease me like that…” Seo Hyun said as she playfully nudged him with her elbow.

“Who says I teased you? I’m being honest here, because for me…you’re my favorite ex-girlfriend too…”

Seo Hyun just smiled upon hearing it and just patted his under arm as a respond.

 “Joo Hyunnie, are you waiting for someone?” Yeon Seok asked out of his curiousity.

“Ah ne…. I’m waiting for—“

“She’s waiting for her husband. Me.”

Another voice was heard and that mde both of them turned in an istant.

Without Seo Hyun noticed, Yong Hwa popped behind her. 

“Oh? Oppa?!” Seo Hyun chirped happily as she got up from her seat.

Yong Hwa smiled at her and reached for her hand to clasped it with his. But his face got tensed when he look at Yeon Seok. Truth to be tols, Yong Hwa was feeling intimidate by Yeon Seok height. But, he just brushed it off and he even threw a deadly glare at him.

“What? Husband? So, you’re married Joo Hyunnie? Why didn’t you tell me” Yeon Seok asked in surprised as he widened his eyes.

“Ne… I was—“

Seo Hyun paused when Yong Hwa suddenly cut her words.

“Who are you so she should tell you abot our marriage?” Yong Hwa asked with his still cold voice.

Yong Hwa was pissed with Yeon Seok already, he was only late for 10 minutes, and here…there’s a random guy who bet on the table to get his wife.

“Oppa…” Seo Hyun looked and whispered behind him as she also wiggle his hand that was clutching her hand.

“Ah… Ne… I’m sorry for being impolite here. I’m Yoon Yeon Seok” Yeon Seok said as he offered his hand.

Yong Hwa reached for his and shake it firmly while saying “I’m Jung Yong Hwa, Seo Hyunnie nampyeon. And you are?”

“Ah…ne… I’m her sunbae, a chingoo…” Yeon Seok answered awkwardly as he rubbed his neck, feeling uneasy with the question, because as a man Yeon Seok could sense that Yong Hwa was already jealous of him though he didn’t have any intention to take Seo Hyun back, for he knew that Seo Hyun will always be consider him as her oppa.

“A collage friend?” Yong Hwa inquired.

“Yeon Seok oppa is my ex-boyfriend oppa” Seo Hyun said out of the blue, though Yong Hwa wasn’s asking her.

Both Yong Hwa and Yeon Seok looked at her in surprised. Both of them didn’t expect that Seo Hyun would telling the truth.

“Well Yeon Seok oppa, I guess I have to leave now…”

“Ah ne…”

When Seo Hyun bowed to him and was about to turned her body, Yeon Seok stopped her. And again, Yong Hwa penetrated him with his deadly glare.

“Wait Joo Hyun, here…this is my name card. In case you need my help. I’ll cut the price for you”

Seo Hyun took it gratefully and read it for a second before she lifted her head and said “Ahrasseoyo, thanks in advance Attorney Yoon”

“Ani, it’s nothing…”

“Ah oppa, by the way what are you doing here…alone?”

“Err…. I come to fetch my fiancée actually… Too bad she still have a class, so I can’t introduce her to you…”

“Oowah jinjja? Well... Though it’s late, but congratulations for your engagement oppa. I’m so looking forward to meet her”

“Ne… She’s teaching at the law faculty, you guys could catch up here”

“Yes, of course…” Seo Hyun said excitedly.

Feeling left behind, Yong Hwa let a loud—forceful cough.

Seo Hyun and Yeon Seok shook his head and exchange their last smile ‘till Seo Hyun left first with Yong Hwa.

***

I am standing here as I only see you

After this love, I don’t really know what will happen

Just like child who is always this way

Will you warmly hold me right now?

 

Inside the car, Yong Hwa went silent and act cold. But Seo hyun still could see his slighlt pouted lips. Seo Hyun wanted to laugh out loud and couldn’t belive her eyes actually, if he was indeed felt jealous by that, Seo Hyun was so ready to smacked his head. Because, why did he have to be jealous if the only reason Se Hyun asked a break up from Yeon Seok was because she couldn’t forget Yong Hwa. Not even a bit.

“Oppa…” She called him sweetly.

But Yong Hwa just answered her with a cold “Oh?”

Then she remembered that she had been hiding the butterfly necklace he gave her. So, she pulled it out of her shirt so it hang loosely on her shirt surface.

“Oppa, look… Someone gave me a necklace”

Yong Hwa turned his head immediately and when he found out that it was the one he gave her, Yong Hwa pulled over.

“Hyun-ah….you finally use it! Gomawo!” Yong Hwa exclaimed happily and reached for her hands.

Yong Hwa had successfully made Seo Hyun flushed on her seat, she left speechless with Yong Hwa’s act, so instead of answer him she was just nodding her head.

“Yah….it looks perfect on you…” Yong Hwa smiled widely and fixed his eyes on the necklace.

“Gomawoyo oppa, keurigu… Mianhaeyo…”

“Hey…what are you apology for?”

“Just because….”

“Dwaesseo… Now the necklace had found the master, so…let’s drove off to Namiseom, shall we?”

Seo Hyun  nodded in excitement, “Ne!!”

“Great…”

On their way, Yong Hwa would steal a glance at her and saying “Aigoo… I wonder who’s buying you that beautiful necklace?”

Seo Hyun could just chuckle and shook his head.

Actually, she really wanted to know about what happened to him today, about what did he felt, what was he thought, but she was afraid that she might be ruined the moment. So, she decide to didn’t bring this issue today. Also, she didn’t want to think about what Shin Hye said to her earlier. She didn’t want to think nor be bother over things. Because for now, she just wanted to spent her time with Yong Hwa, happily, peacefully. As long as she had a chance to do so.

“Oppa…”

“Ne…”

“Earlier… are you feeling upset at me and Yeon Seok oppa?”

“Is there a reason for me to feel upset?” He asked back, eyes still fixed on the road.

Seo Hyun let out a sigh and said “Yeon Seok oppa was my sunbaenim…”

“And your ex-boyfriend” he added, somehow his cheerful voice turned to cold again.

“I know, but I had never love him…”

That caught Yong Hwa’s attention, he turned his head at her for a second and looked at her in confuse before he got his attention back on the road.

“It’s true… I only considered him as my older brother… It was my first year as a collage student when I first met him…”

“Geuraeso? What happened that time?”

Seo Hyun looked at him and smiled, then she started to tell him the story of her and Yeon Seok. They were a lover back then. The first year in a collage and the first time living away from her parents was the most difficult transitions for her. But it was such a relieved that she had Nicole and Yeon Seok beside her. Both of them were Dong Guk students. They first met at the basketball tournament that held by her faculty, and faculty of law was one of the participant in that event. Yeon Seok was studying in law and he was a basket player, while she was one of the committee for that tournament, plus, she was the one who in charge to take care of faculty of law team, and just like that, they met, they made a good friend, and finally started to dating. Yeon Seok had fallen for her since the first time she was giving him the ID card for the player on that event. While for Seo Hyun, until the last day of their relationship that last for a year and 3 months, she had never feel the way Yeon Seok felt for her. True, she loved him, but, she loved him as an older brother, for he was so kind and always tried to understand her in any way. So, because she was so thankful and didn’t want to embarrass him or worse made their relationship turned awkward of ever she reject him, Seo Hyun decided to agree to date with him. She had thought that Yeon Seok was a good man, so sooner or later she’ll fall for him, she’ll learn to love him, but she was mistaken. She only considered him as her older brother, a comfortable oppa, an oppa that fun to be with. But she can never love him, because someone already owned her heart without even he tries to do so. Fearing that she will hurt him even more if she continued their relationship, Seo Hyun asked for a break up. Though Yeon Seok was object it so bad at first, and keep courting Seo Hyun even after 12 months passed, finally he gave up and let Seo Hyun go.

“Jinjja?” Yong Hwa asked, seeking for her assurance. And by hearing her stories, his modd was tottaly lit up and even forget what makes him upset in the first place.

“Ne….”

“But Hyun-ah, I wanna ask… You said that there’s a namja whom without even trying he already owned your heart?” He asked, couldn’t hide his cheek bursting’s smile, feeling confident that he knew the said namja

Seo Hyun squinted her eyes at him “Tch! Don’t act like you don’t know oppa”

Yong Grinned so wide, “Jashiikk~~ Ahrasseo!”

“Oh oppa, we’re here!”

“Yeay! Finally!!” Yong Hwa cheered happily.

***

Even if a painful separation comes between us

Let’s not think about that today

Because among the many people in this world

I could only see you

 

Soon, they stepped out form the car and Seo Hyun was helping Yong Hwa to put down the bicycle. Realizing that she’ll be so close with Yong Hwa again somehow made her cheek felt warmer.

“It’s a good thing that Jae Suk hyung keep his bicycle at our dorm” Yong Hwa commented.

That bring Seo Hyun back to reality.

“Ah…ne… It’ a good thing then… ” She commented bluntly.

Yong Hwa just chuckled hearing her comment. After he make sure that the bicycle was ready and the car was safe at the parking lot, he immediately told Seo Hyun to sit on the bak seat of the bicycle.

Yong Hwa was ready on the front seat, holding the bicycle handlebar

“Palli…didn’t you want to ride a bicycle with me?”

“I’m just saying I want to ride a bicycle, I didn’t said that I want to ride a bicycled with you oppa” She argued and pouted her lips.

“Whatever. It’s the same for me” Yong Hwa countered.

Soon, Seo Hyun hoped on the back seat, but Yong Hwa protested, he was scolding her for her position that he called “so-not-lady-like”, so he told her sit in sideway position and linked her arm on his waist.

 

Though someday your name might become strange

My heart will remember all the memories

 

Yong Hwa’s feet started to scull the pedal, slowly at first to find the balance, and when he got that, he started to speed up. He felt that Seo Hyun just circling her arm loosely, so he told her to tighetened it. She did what he told, beut it was only last for two seconds.

So he had that naughty though, he was deliberately wiggle the handlebar so it ma”"de their bicycle shaking and slightly loose the balance.

“Oowah!” Seo Hyun exclaimed and in a reflex she tightened her hold on his waist.

“See? I told you to hold me tightly!”

“Ahrasseoyo…”

“And don’t blame me if you fall from the bicycle, I won’t help you, you hear that?”

“Ah jinjja! Ahrasseoyo oppa!”

Yong Hwa was holding his laughed when he sensed that Seo Hyun was slightly irritated by his scold.

“Don’t loosened your hold on me, okay?”

“Ne…..”

“And don’t blame me if you fall from the bicycle, I won’t help you, you hear that?”

“Ah jinjja! Ahrasseoyo oppa!”

Yong Hwa was holding his laughed when he sensed that Seo Hyun was slightly irritated by his scold.

“Don’t loosened your hold on me, okay?”

“Ne…..”

Slowly Seo Hyun tightened her hold on his waist. At first she only put an arm to circling his waist, bu then she put both her arms to circling his wait.

 

I am standing here as I only see you

After this love, I don’t really know what will happen

Just like child who is always this way

Will you warmly hold me closer?

 

 

Oppa…. If I hold you tight like this…will you hold me?

Will you hold me just as tight?

How much... how much longer can I hold you like this?

 

Slowly… Seo Hyun leaned her head on Yong Hwa’s back.

Yong Hwa was frozen for a second, before finally it turned to be a wide smile. And just like Seo Hyun, his cheeks were blushing so hard.

And for Seo Hyun, slowly she could feel her eyes got warm. There was a stinging pain in her eyes, also in her heart.

 

Though you’re in front of me… Though I’m holding you like this

Why do I still miss you?

If I can see you anymore, then what will happen to me oppa?

If I hold you like this, will you hold me closer?

Will you hold me tighter?

If I ‘m asking you…

Can I hold you tight like this, forever?

Is it too much to ask?

 

After this love, I don’t really know what will happen

Just like child who is always this way

Will you warmly hold me closer?

Closer

Warmer

Will you hold me

**************************

 

ANNYEONGHASEYOOOOOO ^^

It’s 3.40 am in Indonesia, and I don’t even sleep a blink. Kekeke

I’m so sorry for the delay, I’m planning to post it tonight, but in the end I post it on this early morning.

But I hope you’ll like the update though.

Thank you so so so much for the heartwarming comments on the previous chap, I feel touched and content, really. YOU GUYS ARE JJANG ^^

And Oh! I’m surrently hooked with @ilovegoguma29 sunbaenim’s story, titled “SECOND CHANCE” here’s the link

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/666350/second-chances-cnblue-goguma-seohyun-yonghwa-yongseo-gogumacouple-yonghwaandseohyun

It’s such a good story, you guys should read it J

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR THE PERSISTENT SUPPORT FOR THIS WTRF.

Also special thanks to my LOVELY TWINNIE @Azile17

 

Well, ENJOY READING :**

PS: be back for replying your comment <3