I Love Him Who Loves Her

When The Rainbow Faded

BGM: Baek Ji Young – That Woman

 

A woman loves you

That woman loves you wholeheartedly

She follows you around like a shadow everyday

That woman laughing but actually crying

 

Yonghwa’s P.O.V

Jeongmal, this kind of situation was just…too much. Choosing one between having dinner with your family or runaway to comfort your girl. It really drives me crazy! I know I’m such a bastard, but I can’t help it. No, I guess it wasn’t like that, because it’s not like I don’t have a choice, I do have a choice, and I choose to be a bastard. I don’t know whether it’s like a blind love or love fool or something, but one thing I knew that Shin Hye was the most important for me, and I’m afraid to admit that, even now, the situation still hasn’t change.

She kept calling and texting me, asking me where was I, ordering me to come to her immediately. I knew, thinking about other woman when I was currently lying on my bed next to my wife was kind of horrible sin, but yeah, like I said, I’m such a bastard, I’m such a fool bastard.

“Good night…”

Seohyun, my wife, wishing me to have a good night. I could see with a corner of my eyes that she also put a sincere smile on her face. But, I just couldn’t face her, because I feel so guilty, so I turned my body and also said a simple good night without even look at her.

Several minutes passed with only silence. Shin Hye was still trying to convince me to come to her apartment, I tried to contact Gyu Ri, her friends, asking her to accompany Shin Hye at her apartment. But she said she already had another appointment  so she couldn’t come there. Letting Shin Hye alone at her apartment without someone to accompany her, to talk to her, making me feel uneasy. She called me again, and this time I picked up her call.

“Yonghwa….do you really want to dump me like this? Then I….I’d rather die if you do so, I already have no one in this world anyway….”

She said with such a forlorn tone. That was it. I couldn’t hold it anymore. Call me a fool, call me a bastard, but I think that I just couldn’t let her feel sad even more.

“Ahrasseo Shin Hye-yah. I’ll get going now, wait for me”

I got up from my bed, changing my clothes and got ready for leaving my room and come to Shin Hye’s apartment. As I was ready, I looked at the figure who were lying on my bed, she looked so peaceful from behind, it deepen my guilty feeling somehow. I stepped closer towards my bed, and finally sat on it while facing at her back, Seo Hyun’s back. I could hear her breathe, she inhaled, then exhaled, and it kept repeating. I raise my hand to caress her hair, but something had stopped me when my hand was just an inch from her head, I don’t know why, I don’t have any idea what was stopping me, but I just felt that suddenly I don’t have a guts to touch her, my hand started to form into a fist and I put it back on the bed as I said “I’m sorry Seohyun….”. After that I left my room and was heading to Shin Hye’s place.

It took around 20 minutes to finally arrived there. Once Shin Hye found out that I was the one who communicate with her at the intercom, she opened the door immediately.

“Yong Hwa!” She said, as she threw her body to hugged me tightly when the door was just opened.

She burned her head on my neck and said “Finally….you came…”.

I hugged her back, and I couldn’t help to feel relieve that she was okay for she was still in a state of vulnerability after her father’s death.

“Hmm… Have you eat?” I asked, still hugging her.

“Not yet…” she answered.

I leaned back to loosened our hug. Her hands now were resting on my chest, while my hands were still circling on her waist, she looked up and smiled at me.

“Eat with me, will you?” Shin Hye asked, which I simply agree.

I called for a delivery orders, it’s late so there was not a lot of choice, we decided to eat sweet pumpkin porridge and other side dishes. When we were waiting for the foods to come, we were watching tv while sitting on the couch with Shin Hye hugged me and rested her head on my shoulder.

“Yonghwa…”

“Hmm?” I answered, switching the channel on the tv from one to another, I don’t paid much attention to the tv program though.

“You still love me, don’t you?” she asked with a low tone while her hand was playing with my finger.

I could only quiet upon hearing her question, not knowing what was the right answer to give to her. Shin Hye looked impatient, so she asked me once again. But I asked her back with “Wae?”

She moved and straightened her body while staring at me “Just answer me!”

I heave a sigh and smiled, grasping her hands  and answered “Ne….saranghae”

She cheered happily and clung to my neck until I was thrown back, while saying “Nadu….Yonghwa…Nadu…”

I smiled and patted her back, and that was when we heard the delivery orders finally came. We ate the food happily, she was feeding me, and I fed her. It was like that we were travelling to our past, times when we were a lovers during our college years, before she left me for that guy. Remembering that thing, my tongue turned bitter, but every time I was about to cursing her, throwing her with all the tantrums, I just couldn’t do it, that feeling when I look at her smile, was just erasing everything, the anger, the disappointment, the sadness, all the bitter feelings were suddenly disappeared. Yes, I know that I’m so stupid, I admit it, but I think I’m just stupid like that.

“Shin Hye-yah…it’s getting late….time for you to sleep…” I said, when we finally finished our late dinner. I got up from my seat and picked up the rubbish with me then threw it to the bin.

Shin Hye followed me while holding another rubbish on her hand as she said “Ahra….but we were just finish our dinner…”

“What’s the problem? It’s already…..” I paused as I lifted my left hand to check for my watch.

“Look, it’s already 2.00 AM! You should sleep, palli!” I continued, as I dragged her to her room.

Now, she was lying on her bed, while I was sitting at the edge on her bed, I pulled the duvet until it covered up to her chin. She just quiet and obeyed me to finally have a sleep.

“There…..now you sleep” I said, as I rubbed her arm that was covered by the duvet.

“Ne…” she said, nodding her head.

“Then I go now, bye…”

I was about to got up, but her hand holding my hand tightly, that made me turned back and looked at her.

“Stay… Yonghwa…stay here for a while…”

“You know I can’t, I must go home…”

“Just a little while, until I finally fell asleep, please…” she started to beg.

I heaved a sigh and sat back on her bed. Yes, she always wins. “Ahrasseo” I said.

She smiled, then closed her eyes, her hand still clutching my hand tightly. That times, when she finally closed her eyes while clutching my hand, asking me to stay, I used it to think, about me, about her, about us. I don’t know what kind of relationship that we had now, but one thing I know, that I want to be with her. Yes, like I said, I’m just stupid like that. Once, I assured that she already fell asleep, I decided to leave her. I tidied the duvet that covered her body, putting back her hand in it. And with one kiss on her cheek, I left her apartment, headed to go home.

It was already 3.15 AM, when I finally home. I go straight to my room since I’m also feel sleepy. But once I got inside, I saw her lying figure on my bed, yes her, Seo Hyun. Suddenly the guilty and uneasy feelings came up again as I looked at her peaceful sleep. I don’t even dare to look at her face, so I just watched her back blankly. I stepped closer to the bed, but I was just loosing my strength to sleep on my own bed, so I decided to just lying on my couch. Now, I was no longer feel sleepy, but I do need sleep. So I keep trying to sleep, finding it hard, but finally I did.

End of P.O.V

 

How much longer, how much longer

Must I gaze at you like this alone

This meaningless love, this miserable love

Must I continue for you to love me?

 

Somehow Seohyun felt like a déjà vu, the night when Yonghwa left her on their wedding night was suddenly emerged on her head. She cried more pitifully, she cried, and cried, and cried ‘till at 2.00 AM, she finally fell asleep for she finally lost her energy to even open her eyes. Around 6.00 AM, Seohyun woke up from her sleep. Suddenly she felt a pain on her chest, a terrible nausea, and felt a really bad headache, that made her forehead, her palm, and her back were sweating so hard. When she got up from the bed, she saw Yonghwa was sleeping on the couch beside the bed, she smiled, but it was a bitter one. Seohyun grabbed a duvet from the bed and covered Yonghwa’s body up to his chin. Then, she was squatting down in front of the couch, admiring Yonghwa’s face. She smiles as she had a deep looked on his face, but tears started to form again in her eyes. She caressed Yonghwa’s fringe with her right hand, and tried to keep the smile on her face though her tears were starting to fall from her left eyes.

“Oppa….do you know how much I love you?”

She only heard a peaceful breathe from Yonghwa as his answer.

She kept caressed his fringe, and started to asked him again “What should I do now, oppa?”

When Seohyun was about to caressed his cheek, suddenly she felt like she wanted to vomit anytime soon, she gasped then immediately covered with her hand, rushing to got up and headed to the bathroom.

Once she got in, she squatted down to threw up at the closet, but only water that came out from , that caused she felt like her stomach was being punched for countless times. Her forehead were flooded by sweat along with her back and palm, her body was cold as her face was as pale as a sheet. She felt really bad. Though it wasn’t the firs time she felt like that, but she always hate it every time her body wasn’t under her control, it was like she didn’t even own her body.

She could only clutched her pajamas that covered her chest when she felt her heart were beating faster and faster, as she also bit her lip, trying to gagged the voice that might be come out from .

“God….” Seohyun whispered with such an irritate tone.

 

***

Come closer, a little bit more

When I take a step closer, you ran away with both feet

I, the one who loves you, even now I’m at your side\

 

“Oppa…Yong-ie oppa…. Huaaaaaaa”

Yonghwa saw a little girl with a yellow sweater and white scarf, her hair were tied into a ponytail with a short bang on her forehead, she was crying hardly, she had a puffy red eyes, along with a red nose, added by her trembling shoulder and hands as she kept wiping her eyes with her hands. The girl were crying so loud, she had a chocked several times in the midst of her sobbed. Yonghwa frowned, confused with the sudden appearance of the little girl in front of him. But he took a step closer towards her, but every time he made a move, the little girl stepped back, as if she was afraid of him.

“Hey….it’s okay…I won’t hurt you…” Yonghwa said, as he stepped closer.

But again, with her trembling step, the little girl move backwards, making a distance with him again.

“Yong-ie oppa…You’re lying to me…” The little girl said, between her sobbed.

“Ne?” Yonghwa asked with  his furrowed brows.

The girl was taking two steps backward. She wiped her tears, and stared at Yonghwa with her two eyes that was full with pain and hurt.

“Oppa, you’re liar! Yong-ie oppa shiro!”

Still crying, the girls turned around then runaway from him. Yonghwa was about to chase her, but he felt like something were clutching his feet tightly until he couldn’t move it and rooted at his spot. He looked down to take a look at his feet, but he found nothing. When he looked up, the little girl was already disappeared, he observed the surrounding but the little girl was just vanished like a wind. When he was busy to keep looking for the little girl, suddenly he heard a woman voice was echoing out of nowhere.

“Oppa….do you know how much I love you?”

It said. Somehow the woman’s voice sound so angelic, yet it sounded so sad ‘till he could feel the hurt tone of her voice. Yonghwa frowned, was trying to remember who was the one who belongs that voice, he felt like he ever heard that voice before. But where? Whose voice was it? Yonghwa has no idea, he has no clue at all.

“What should I do now, oppa?”

He heard the woman’s voice once again. This one, the woman’s voice sounded desperate even more.

“Who are you? Where are you?” Yonghwa asked, as he looking around, observing his surrounding, but he found nothing, he heard nothing.

“Hey! Who are you? Show yourself!”

Still, there was no clue about the woman’s voice.

Suddednly, he heard the little girl’s voice again. But now, the little girl was shouting in a really loud voice.

“YONG-IE OPPA SHIRO! YOU’RE LYING TO ME! YOU’RE LIAR!”

Yonghwa tried to move his body and finally managed to move his feet, he ran while covering his ears, trying to avoided the voice.

“YOU’RE LYING OPPA! YOU’RE LYING!!!”

But the voice was keep hunting him. Yonghwa covered his ears with his two hands and kept running while shouting

“SHUT UP! SHUT UP!”

And that was what made his eyes suddenly opened, the frightening dream was waking him up. Yonghwa got up from his earlier position abruptly, and was sitting on the couch, he was observing the surrounding, the circumstances, and finally realized that he was in his bedroom and was just having a nightmare. He heaved a sigh, and messing his hair then palming his face.

“Hhh…what was that?” he mumbled.

But the sound from his bathroom, took his attention. His brows furrowed as he tried to paid more attention to the source of the voice. It sounded like someone’s vomiting in the bathroom. He thought. So he got up, and made his move towards the bathroom. The sound got louder as he got closer to the bathroom. Since he didn’t fully conscious, he got confused with the person who’s just using his bathroom. The second, he finally remember that he wasn’t the one who’s using the room, he knocked the door.

“Seohyun, you there?”

There was no answer though, only the sound of the flash from the toilet seat. So he knocked, again.

“Seohyun? Are you okay?”

Still, there was no voice.

“Seo-- ”

“I’m alright oppa, wait a second”

Seohyun finally answered him. He counted, and when it reached 4, the door finally opened, revealed the smiling Seohyun in front of him, however she looked pale.

“I’m sorry, I took a long time, you can use it now oppa” she smiled, but avoiding his eyes.

Seohyun walked passed him, but he stopped her by his question.

“Hey, are you okay? You were just vomiting, weren’t you?”

“Ne? Ne… I’m alright. I think I was just eating too much” Seohyun answered without turning her body, so Yonghwa could only looked on her back, it simpler for her though, since she didn’t wanted him to found out about her condition.

She stepped forward again, but she only managed to took two steps, because Yonghwa asked her again.

“But you look really pale. Hey let me check for a second”

That made her turned back and face him.

“No! Don’t!” Seohyun exclaimed, with a shocking face.

“Come on, it won’t take a long time” Yonghwa said as he walked towards his bag and was about to took out his stethoscope.

Seohyun blocked his way, and again, she refused “No!”

If he makes a medical check, then he’ll find out. No. It won’t happen, I won’t let it. She though

Yonghwa frowned, but Seohyun smiled.

“Oppa, I’m okay. I guess maybe I look pale because I was just….uhm…having a nightmare… You don’t have to check me, please, I’m alright” she reasoned.

She looked at Yonghwa’s face and suddenly the curiosity aroused.

“Oppa…why your forehead sweating? Do you feel unwell too?”

Somehow, her question changed the earlier subject, since Yonghwa started to busy to found his fake reason.

“Uhm…this? Uh….I…” He said while wiping his forehead.

“Yes?” she waited for the his hanging sentence.

“I just felt a little hot here… So yeah… ”

“Huh? Hot? But the aircon is still on…”

“Ah ne….but still…. Well, I think I’ve to go to the bathroom now…” he said and left without waiting for her latter words.

But then he turned his body before he got in to the bathroom.

“You’d better go back to sleep, it’s still early in the morning though” Yonghwa said.

Seohyun smiled and nodded happily then Yonghwa walked towards the bathroom. She felt relieved though because Yonghwa was no longer interrogate her about her earlier condition in the bathroom. Once she assured that Yonghwa was inside the bathroom, she proceed to her bag and took out her pills and capsules. She took the yellow, white, and pink pills, also the red-white capsule. She drank it in a hurry, afraid that maybe Yonghwa will be coming out from the bathroom soon. When she had done with her medicines, she was no longer felt sleepy, she took a looked at the clock that was hanging on the wall and it shown 6.15 AM, she then got up and observed the outside through the windows at Yonghwa’s room. It was still dark, only two or three persons that were passing by.

 

That woman is crying

That woman is very timid

So she learnt how to laugh

There are so many things she cannot tell her closest friend

That woman’s heart is full of tears

 

Meanwhile in the bathroom, Yonghwa was washing his face roughly, as he shook his head, hoping that it will erase his strange dream. But hell no, he still could hear the little girl’s voice who was shouting “Liar” to him.

Yong-ie oppa… I guess I’ve heard it before, but where? Or was it just a same dream?

He questioned himself as he stared to his reflection through the mirror.

Who is she? Why’d suddenly she appeared in my dream?

He washed his face once again and dried it with a small towel before finally he stepped out from the bathroom and saw Seohyun stared soundly through the window.

He walked towards her as he asked “You’re not sleep?”

Yonghwa’s voice was echoing in the silent room, then Seohyun turned back to looked at him.

 She shook her head then said “Aniyo, I’m not sleepy anymore. But oppa, you’d better continued to sleep, your face looks really tired and sleep deprived”

“Ah. Geurae?” Yonghwa said, palming his cheek.

Seohyun smiled then nodded.

“Then what will you do if I go to sleep?” Yonghwa said, as he walked closer to her spot.

“Uhm… maybe… I’ll take a walk around here, inhaling the fresh air”

“You’re going alone?”

“Ne!” She exclaimed happily.

“Uhm… Is it okay? Or should I come with you?”

“No. You don’t have to. It’s really okay. You’d better go to sleep now oppa, you just got back around 2.30, you surely need sleep” Seohyun said, with a concerned tone.

But that made Yonghwa felt uneasy, remembering his sin, remembering what was just he did to her.

“Ah…uhm….’bout that…” Yonghwa stuttered.

Seohyun smiled, but it didn’t reached her eyes.

“You don’t have to explain oppa. I’m not a cop in a police station that always interrogating people who come there . I trust you” She said.

“Uhm… Seohyun… I-- ”

But Seohyun’s act cut her words. Unexpectedly, Seohyun turned his body and push him lightly to the bed until Yonghwa was in a sat position. Yonghwa looked at her in surprised. But Seohyun smiled, showing her white teeth.

“There… You’d better sleep now, oppa”

Then she walked towards the mini table beside the couch, wanting to took out her coat from her bag.

“I won’t bother your sleep oppa, so have a good sleep! Annyeong!” She smiled than waved at Yonghwa.

Once Seohyun stepped out from the room, Yonghwa looked down and smiled. There was a strange feeling that he felt as Seohyun smiled and waved at him happily when the truth was he had just fooled and left her, hours ago.

How could she do that? He grumbled inside.

Meanwhile, Seohyun wasn’t left Yonghwa’s bedroom. She was still standing in front of the door, with her back leaned on the door and her right hand was gripping tightly to the door knob.

 Don’t. Please don’t explain. I don’t want to hear it. Just keep it yourself. I don’t want to know it oppa. It hurts. It will hurting me even more if you explain everything to me.

Seohyun bit her lip, her hand started to trembling, so she tightened her gripped to the door knob, hoping that it’ll make her stronger.

Oppa, should I stop here? Or should I continue and wait until finally you’ll see me?

So that woman said

She loved you because you were the same

Another fool, another fool

Won’t you hug me once before you go?

 

***

Seohyun folded her hands over her chest intended to warming her body, and she was bending her body lightly as she felt the coldness on that early morning. The cold breath escaped from as she commented “Shh….cold…”

She was walking around the neighborhood, though aimlessly, for she was just making it as an excuse to not facing Yonghwa at that time. She was afraid about what will he said to her. She was already making a horrible scenario that maybe Yonghwa would just cut and divorced her after his secret meeting with her ex-girlfriend. She knew that she’s so stupid and selfish, but no, she just didn’t wanted to let him go, it wasn’t the time to back out, yet.

Seohyun walked and walked and finally arrived at the playground nearby. She decided to sat on the swing, bending her feet and push it slightly then started to swayed, while her hands were gripping to the swing chain. She stared blankly to the white sand on her feet, the thoughts of Yonghwa, Shin Hye, her marriage, started to emerged one by one. Everything were coming like the flashback scenes in her mind. Then slowly, the thought of Joong Ki also emerged in her mind. It wasn’t because she wanted to use Joong Ki as property revenge to Yonghwa, but at one point, Seohyun got curious, she wanted to know, why did Joong Ki left her? Where did he go after all those times? Why did he come back after those years? What his truly intentions to finally got back and asked to accepted him once again? Because at the core of it, she still loves Joong Ki, not as a lover or in a romantic way, but she still loves him as her best friend, as her older brother that she was always depended on.

She let out a heavy sigh as she couldn’t find the answer. The answer that she needed the most. But no one could give it to her.

 Hug me, God… And please answer all of my questions with your way.

 

I want to be loved, my dear

Everyday in my heart, in my heart

I shout out

That woman is beside you even today

 

She didn’t know, for how long that she had sat on the swing, and was sinking in her own world, but she was finally back because of the laughing sound from two little kids that were playing on the playground. The kids were playing hide and seek, she assumed.

“Oppa! Palli nawa!” Shouted the little girl.

But the former little boy that were coming to the playground with the little girl were not showing up.

“Oppa…” The little girl’s brows started to furrowed and her voice was started to trembling. She observed the surrounding but couldn’t find her “oppa”.

It less than 5 seconds when she finally cried, out loud. Seohyun got up and made her move to approached her, but suddenly the little boy showed up from behind.

“Yah yah.. Rim-ie… uljima… I’m here… I’m here” He said as he rubbed her arm and wiping her tears.

The girl were still sobbing but she opened her eyes. Relieved was obviously showed on her cute little face.  Seohyun smiled looking at the scene in front of her. The little girl looked smaller and younger from the little boy, her age maybe around 4 or 5, and for the little boy, he was indeed look taller and older but not too old or tall, she assumed that the little boy’s age probably around 6 or 7.

“Oppa….”

“Yes, I’m here. So don’t cry, okay?” The little boy smiled, then wiping her tears again with his little thumbs.

Seohyun decided to approached them. When she got closer, she bowed her body so her eyes were on a level with the kids.

“Annyeong!” She smiled and waved to them.

The two kids were looking at her. But surprisingly, the little boy was hiding the little girl’s body behind her back and was spreading his hands widely, he was staring at Seohyun with a suspicious yet frightened look.

“You’re a kidnapper, aren’t you? Go!” The little boy said.

Seohyun frowned, couldn’t believe with what just she heard, but finding it was cute anyway.

“Mworagu? Kidnapper?” Seohyun asked indisbelief.

“Ne! You must be a kidnapper! Go! I won’t let you hurt Rim-ie!” The little boy was shooing Seohyun.

While the little girl, that latter Seohyun knew has a name called “Rim-ie” was kept hiding behind  the little boy back with a scared look showed on her face, clearly. She could here that this “Rim-ie” whispered “Oppa…I’m scared…” to the little boy.

Then the little boy turned his head to see her face and answered her with “Don’t be scared. I’ll protect you! I promise!”

Seohyun didn’t know why, but somehow, the scene in front if her was kind of remembering her over something, kind of déjà vu, she felt like it was happened to her too before, but she didn’t know when, she didn’t know where.

“Go! I said go!” The little boy started to pushed Seohyun with his two little hand, but only caused Seohyun’s body wiggle slightly.

“I won’t let you hurt us. I won’t let you hurt Rim-ie!” The little boy started to raised his voice.

But Seohyun didn’t get angry because of that, instead she was smiled warmly to the little boy.

“Hey… do I really look like a kidnapper?”

The little boy frowned, and still observed Seohyun with a suspicious look. While the little girl was peeking behind the little boy’s body. But there was no answer from them.

 So Seohyun asked them once again  “Do I?”

Finally, Seohyun heard an answer.

“Uhm…No….I guess not..” Rim-ie answered.

Seohyun smiled while the little boy turned his head and looked at Rim-ie as he whispered “Yah…”

“Wae oppa? This onnie doesn’t look like a nappeun saram…” Rim-ie reasoned, still hiding her body behind him though.

The little boy observed Seohyun from head to hoe. And after several seconds, he finally looked at Seohyun in a calmer face.

Rim-ie was no longer hiding behind the boy. She was walked closer towards Seohyun and when her position was straight in front of Seohyun. She was smiling and bowed to Seohyun as she introduce herself.

“Annyeonghaseyo… Cwae ireumeun Han Yoo Rim-imnida, nice to meet you onnie…” then she smiled as she finished.

Seohyun smiled widely and she also introduce herself.

“Ne…annyeong! My name is Seo Joo Hyun, nice to meet you too, Rim-ie and….” Seohyun hung her words as she looked at the little boy who was standing behind Yoo Rim.

Yoo Rim realized that her “oppa” didn’t introduce himself yet, so she turned back and grabbing his hands to walked closer to Seohyun position.

“Oppa, it’s not polite! Introduce yourself, palli!”

Seohyun heared Yoo Rim’s whispered to her oppa. The little boy stared at Seohyun with a calculating look before he sighed and finally said “Annyeonghaseyo… Park Se Ju-imnida…Nice to meet you…”

“Ahh…so this brave namja’s name is Park Se Ju?”

Se Ju was blushing and smiled shyly.

“And yes, me too, nice to meet you, both of you! By the way, how old are you?” Seohyun added, as she smiled warmly to Yoo Rim and Se Ju.

Yoo Rim also smiled to her as she answered with “I’m 5 years old and oppa is 7, onnie”

“Ah…really? Then it means you’re an elementary students?”

“Ne!” Yoo Rim and Se Ju answered in unison.

Then Yoo Rim added “Onnie… I’m sorry that we thought you’re a kidnapper… right oppa?” then Yoo Rim looked back, seeking for her oppa agreement.

“Ne… Cwaesonghamnida noona… It’s just because… I’ve never seen you around here before, so I thought you’re a kidnapper…” Se Ju explained with a sad face, looked like he regretted what was he done earlier.

Seohyun was squatting down, and answered “Ah…ne… It’s okay. Well, actually I don’t live here, I’m just visiting my parent-in-law’s house and stay for a night here with my husband…”

“Oh….geuraeyo?” Se Ju asked.

Seohyun nodded and smiled. “Ne…”

“Yoo Rim-ah… don’t you know that you’re so lucky to have a really brave oppa?” she continued.

Yoo Rim grinned widely, showing her eyesmile and white teeth. While Se Ju looked satisfied with Seohyun’s praised to him.

“Khamsahamnida” Yoo Rim and Se Ju said in unison.

“So…Se Ju-ah, do you want to be a cop who caught the kidnapper when you’re bigger?”

But Se Ju shook his head firmly then answered.

“Aniyo. I want to be Rim-ie’s husband when I get bigger, so I can protect her!” he said full of determination, while Yoo Rim looked at him with a confused look, seemed like she didn’t understand with Se Ju sentence.

“Ne?” Seohyun frowned.

She was feeling like she has ever heard the same words before. Somehow it was kind of warming her heart but at the same time she felt like something squeezing her heart, hard.

“Yes. I want to be the one who always protect and stay beside Rim-ie, so no one can makes her cry” Se Ju explained with his bright twinkling eyes.

While Yoo Rim was just standing quietly and looked at her oppa, seemed like she didn’t know what was Se Ju meant.

Seohyun smiled warmly, touched by the answer.

“Ah…so that’s why you want to marrying her?” Seohyun asked while caressing his cheek and Yoo Rim’s cheek.

Seohyun didn’t know why, but there’s something about these two little kids that made her comfortable and wanted to get closer to them though that was their very first time meeting. Just in a several minutes, Seohyun already fall in love with Yoo Rim and Se Ju.

Se Ju looked startled at first but he didn’t avoid it, he smiled instead. While Yoo Rim was smiling widely and looked at Seohyun with her bright and clear eyes.

“Ne!” Se Ju affirmed.

But then Seohyun frowned, and asked him again “Wait, you’re Yoo Rim’s oppa, aren’t you? Then it means you can’t marrying her”

“Waeyo onnie?” Yoo Rim asked with her blank face.

But Se Ju interrupted when Seohyun was about to answer Yoo Rim.

“Of course I can marry her. We’re not a sibling, we’re neighbour” Se Ju explained.

Seohyun nodded her head then said, “Ah…I got it…”

Yoo Rim turned her head and looked at So Ju with her furrowed brows.

“Why can we marry if we’re a sibling oppa?”

Se Ju looked at her then answered “Abeoji said it will bring bad luck to the family”

Seohyun giggled upon hearing the answer.

Yoo Rim’s eyes got widened. “Whooa… bad luck? What kind of bad luck oppa?”

Se Ju shrugged as he said “Mwolla. Abeoji didn’t tell me. But it must be really bad!”

Then Yoo Rim looked at Seohyun, seeking for another answer. “Is that real onnie?”

“Ne? Uhm…. Yes… Sort of…” Seohyun answered, at that time she couldn’t find the best way to explain about it to them, well, could be one of a bad luck to the family though. She thought.

But Yoo Rim, seemed didn’t satisfied yet with the answer, she was still seeking for the answer of the questions that was confusing her. She asked her oppa once again.

“But oppa, what is marrying means? And what is husband does?”

Se Ju titled his head while pouting his mouth, as he murmured “Uhm…”, he tried to find the best answer for her.

“Marrying means we live together, spending our times together, playing around together----”

And Seohyun couldn’t longer to hear clearly to Se Ju words, his voice got fainter, as Seohyun was suddenly remembering something, that made her eyes got warmer after she remembered it. Seohyun snapped back to reality when Se Ju patted her hand then asked her.

“Noona…noona..?”

“Ah…ne… Se Ju-ah, mwoga?” Seohyun smiled, trying to hid her sudden sad face.

“Didn’t you said that you came here with your husband? But where is he?” Se Ju asked.

“Uhm…he’s in our house. Wae?”

“Why he’s not here with you? Abeoji told me that a husband must protect her wife and always stay by her side!”

Something was squeezing Seohyun to her heart content as Se Ju finished her words.

“Why he didn’t come here? What if something happen to you noona? What if there is a bad person who makes you cry or kidnaps you noona?” Se Ju bombarding her with questions.

“Ne…why did he let you here alone onnie? Does it mean that he’s not a good husband?” Yoo Rim joined in.

Now, she feels like being hit by a bullet.

But she managed to hid all of her emotions and calmed down herself.

“Se Ju-ah…. Yoo Rim-ah… it’s not like that… My husband got a plenty of works since yesterday, so he’s resting now. It’s me who will become a bad wife if I extort him to come out and accompany me…plus, I know Tae Kwon Do, so no one could kidnap me” then she winked to the both childs, but she found that it was hard to breathe.

“Ahh jeongmalyo? Noona… could you teach me? So I can beat all of nappeun saram who want to hurt Yoo Rim!” Se Ju said excitedly as he stepped back then started to show his kicking and punching skills. Though he did it with a vague direction.

 Seohyun shooked her head then laughed while Yoo Rim clapped her hands, and looked at him with amused, while saying “Oppa, you’re so cool! Ju Ju oppa jjang!”

Seohyun also joined to clapped her hand and asked Se Ju “Se Ju-ah, is it only Yoo Rim that you could thinking of?”

That made Se Ju stopped his act and looked at Seohyun. He was blushed and combing his hair.

Se Ju then nodded his head shyly.

Yoo Rim took a glance at him and said “Na du…I often think about Ju Ju oppa” she was also blushing.

“Jinnja?!” Se Ju said with widened and disbelief eyes, but he was indeed, looked so happy after hearing it.

“Ne…” Yoo Rim said while nodding her head, didn’t looked at Se Ju though.

Seohyun smiled warmly then she reached for Se Ju and Yoo Rim hands, clasped it together and looked at their sparkling eyes.

“Kids… Listen to noona…marriage is a blessing thing, and Yoo Rim-ah, you’ll be sooo lucky to have Se Ju as your husband, and it’s just the same to you Se Ju-ah. But, both of you are still too young to think about it now. So, for now, just think about your school thing first, do your best, chase your dreams and make it comes true, but still, keep your relationship as strong as now, and even make it stronger if you could. You know what I mean?”

“Ne…” Se Ju and Yoo Rim answered her.

Seohyun smiled and she looked straight to Se Ju’s eyes.

“Se Ju-ah, you must keep your promise to protect Yoo Rim and never let her cry, ahrajji?”

Se Ju nodded firmly as he said. “Of course! A namja should keep his promise!”

“It’s good!” Seohyun said then ruffled his hair with her left hand.

“And for you, Yoo Rim-ah, always be the one who supports Se Ju and understands him, ahrajji?”

“Ne ahrasseoyo oonie!” Yoo Rim said then smiled.

“You guys, both of you, should take care of each other, is that clear?” Seohyun asked as she got up.

“Ne! Algeseumnida!” Se Ju said with a quite loud voice as he raised his right hand to made a salute gesture.

Yoo Rim followed his gesture and was also saying “Ne! Algeseumnida” but in a lower tone.

“Well done sergeant!” Seohyun said, she also made the same gesture with the childs.

Just like that, Seohyun heared a woman voice who was calling someone loudly.

“Yoo Rim-ah…. Se Ju-ah… where are you?”

“Oh?” Yoo Rim turned her head.

Then she turned her head back to looked at Seohyun, she looked disappointed though. Se Ju was the same, he pouted his mouth.

“Onnie…I’m sorry, it’s not that I don’t want to play with you a little longer, but… uri omma…”

“Ani…it’s okay… You should come home, you must be haven’t get your breakfast, am I right?”

The two childs were nodding their head.

“Then go home now. I don’t want you to get sick because of me…”

“Noona…could we meet again? You’re really a nice person!” Se Ju said wholeheartedly.

“Uhm… only if both of you get your breakfast now, and be a nice kid, then I promise I’ll come to visit you again!”

“Jiinjayo noona?” Se Ju asked with a widened eyes. His face looked happy.

“Jinjja jinjja onnie?” Yoo Rim chirped in.

“Of course!” Seohyun affirmed.

“Yeaayy!!” Se Ju and Yoo Rim clapped their hands.

“Yoo Rim-ah… Se Ju-ah…” the voice was heard again.

Then Yoo Rim and Se Ju turned their body.

“Omma! Omma na yeoggiseo!” Yoo Rim said, waving her hand to her mother.

“Oh you there? Come home, palli!” said the mother.

Yoo Rim looked back at Seohyun and suggested “Ah! Onnie, how about if you come with me for breakfast, I’m sure my parents would be so happy to eat with a beautiful girl like onnie…”

“Ne! It would be great!” Se Ju simply agreed.

Seohyun smiled, and answered “It must be great, and really, thank you so much for the offer, but I also have to make a breakfast for my husband, so…maybe next time, okay? Now hurry, your mom’s waiting for you…”

“Ne…geurom… We’ll go first noona… Really nice to meet you” Se Ju bowed, then Yoo Rom followed him.

“I hope we’ll meet again soon onnie!”

“Ne… I hope so too… And kids, would you mind to give me a hug?” Seohyun said while she squatted.

Without even answer first, Se Ju and Yoo Rim threw their body and hugged Seohyun tightly.

“I’m gonna miss you Yoo Rim-ah, Se Ju-ah…” Seohyun said as she released the kids from her embrace then she stood up.

“Ne… Me too noona…”

“I’ll miss you a lot onnie…”

“Well then, go now… Mommy’s waiting. Annyeong!!” Seohyun smiled while waving her hand.

“Annyeong onnie!”

“Bye bye noona!”

Then the kids turned their body and walked away while holding hands. Seohyun could hear their conversation though.

“Oppa, after we had breakfast, let play with my new barbies!” Yoo Rim suggested excitedly.

“What? Barbies? Ayeee! I’m a namja! How could I play Barbie with you? Shiro!”

“Ah oppa! You’re not fair! I played football with you yesterday though I really hate it, and looked it made my skin darker!” Yoo Rim said in annoyance as she raised her right hand and showed it to Se Ju.

“But… Barbie… I don’t know how to play it!”

“I’ll teach you! Ggeokcheongma oppa!”

“Hhh…ahrasseo…”

“Yeaayy!! And after that--”

Seohyun smiled, hearing their conversations, but she couldn’t longer hear the whole of it as the sound getting fainter and the kids were disappeared from her side. Suddenly she was kind of heard another childs voice were echoing in her mind.

She chuckled but a grain of tears escaped freely from her right eyes. And another were followed, soon.

We made it. That promise. We made it, Yong-ie oppa!

Hurriedly, Seohyun turned her body and sprinted to Yonghwa's house. While running Seohyun shed her tears but a smile formed ion her lips. The pictures, scenes, that kept emerged in her mind assured her, that, no, it's not her time to back out yet, she didn't wanted to, never want to.

 

Once she wa arrived in front of Yonghwa's house, she paused, trying to catch a breathe before finally she sprinted again, running through the stairs that l;ed her to Yonghwa's room. But, she was [aused when she finally arrived just right in front of Yonghwa's bedroom door.

She counted to three and finally decided to opened the door.

And there he was. Yonghwa was no longer sleep though, he already awake, was standing and looking to the outside through the window.

Tears started to fomed in her sparkling eyes again, that blurrying her vision.

"Oppa...." she called him with a law tone.

Yonghwa turned his body and found Seohyun was standing while gripping the door knob.

And to his surprised, without even had a chance to utter hios words, Seohyun ran towards him and threw herself to him, hugging him tightly, putting him into her tight embrace.

 

Call me a fool. Call me a shameless. But I don't know anything but loving you, oppa. 

 

Do you know that woman is me?

Don’t tell me you know and are doing this to me

But you won’t know because my dear, you’re a fool

 

********************************************************************************************************************************************

I'M SORRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! JEONGMAL CWAESEONGHAMNIDA!!!!

Really, mianhaeyo readers. Sorry for being a lazy author and put this story into such a hiatus, sorry for those who wait for the update. 

I'm really sorry *kneeled*

 

Well, the thesis judging went quite well, but after that I got ill for weeks, bad fever and flu, plus nose bleeding for almost three weeks. That really made me couldn't spare my time to write the story, since I've used all of my spare times just to take a rest. I hope you understand that I didn't mind to ignore or abandon this story.

 

Well then, how was that? Though it's still lacking of thing, but I've tried my best to wrote it down. I hope you like it though. And I'm currently working for the next chap, it's already 50%, so please stay tuned ^^. I was still considering whether I should put "I choose to Love you" or "Monster" for the title at the next chap. Okay, enough for the teaser. Kekeke

 

Enjor reading and feel free to leave a comment or subscripe. I'll really hope and appreciate that. :)

 

Please stay healthy my dear readers, health's INDEED EXPENSIVE. So, watch your foods, wear sweaters, and donb't drink cold things too much.

See you at the next chap and would you mind to wishing me a "get well soon"? These kind of suituation really made me feel like a broke robot. Kkk

LOVE YOU GUYSSSSS :*