Paralyzing Memories

When The Rainbow Faded

BGM: Tae Yeon ft. Jong Hyun - Breath

Without even knowing,
I was holding the phone
It’s me, it’s been a long time
Because it was so hard, because
I felt bad if I held you back
Because I regret letting you go,
I just let out a sigh

 

Flashback

“Ahrasseo... Well, she’s going to be hysterical when you left, but, don’t worry she’ll be fine. Thanks, Yong Hwa”

Gyu Ri said, a dear friend of Shin Hye, she’s already lie a sister for Shin Hye. And gratefully, unlie her sister, Gyu Ri was such a open minded person, she listened to Yong Hwa’s explanation and tried her best to absorb whatever he was uttered, though Yong Hwa was just explaining about the headline, but she understood it well along with his condition.

Once Yong Hwa assured that Shin Hye was secured enough in her apartment plus she had a company whom will surely block her for doing such ridiculous things, Yong Hwa decided to left her apartment and rushed to where he’s belong, his wife.

He decided to give her surprise by coming to her office without telling her first. But, when he reached there, her workers said that Seohyun already left the office hours ago, at lunch time and didn’t coming back until now. He decided to give her a call, but seemed like she turned her phone off cause he could only heard the operator’s voice whom telling him to just leave a message because the person couldn’t pick up his call. He was standing helplessly in front of the receptionist desk, feeling even more helpless as he couldn’t do anything to reach Seohyun.

It was around 7 pm already and no one knew where was their boss going, not even Nicole, the bestfriend. Actually, Nicole got surprised when he asked her about Seohyun, for she thought that Seohyun was actually with Yonghwa by now. But apparently, not. She looked uneasy and worried, abruptly scrolled her phone and mad a call at Seohyun, but alas, just like what Yong Hwa got, she found nothing, feeling more worried because Seohyun was never ever behave like this. Disappear without any information at all? Seohyun wasn’t the one with that rebellious type.

“Maybe she’s already home by now and forgot to inform us. I should be going now, annyeonghigyeseyo Nicole-ssi”

“I hope so. Uhm… Yong Hwa-ssi, could you make a call for me if there is any information about her? I’m really worried, she doesn’t usually behave like this”

Yong Hwa smiled, hoping that it would ease her worried, “Of course, Nicole-ssi. I leave now”

“Ne… Be careful…”

And with their last exchange bow, Yong Hwa drove off from Seohyun’s office, heading to their apartment, hoping that he’ll soon find her there.

Meanwhile, Nicole was still standing at her office, staring blankly at Yonghwa’s car that slowly going farther from her sight.

“God…. Please don’t let something bad happen to her…” she prayed.

Heaving a deep sigh, Nicole turned her heel proceed to get back inside as she rubbed her arm as she felt a slight chill run down through her body.

***

Yong Hwa absolutely sure that he was set in an auto pilot mode, truth to be told, he was spacing out while he drove to his apartment, there was that strange and uneasy feeling that he couldn’t describe. What he knows was just, it was uncomfortable and made his heart beats faster and faster to the point it was nearly to explode. It was just a miracle that he didn’t get into accident.

The second he stepped out form his car after safely parked it at the basement, Yong Hwa sprinted to his apartment, and thanks God it was in the first floor so he didn’t have to waste time for taking an elevator.

The pass code accept and soon the door was opened, Yong Hwa cleed her in a loud voice, he was so eager to see her, but again, all he got was just an empty space.

“Seohyun?”

He called her as he opened her bedroom door, only to found nothing then an empty-neat-room. Her fragrance was still spreading all over her room, and Yong Hwa could smell it clearly, that made him even worried as he couldn’t find her.

“Seohyun…. Seohyun…”

He called her again, stupidly, for knowing that she wasn’t there, but he has nothing to do except calling her. Hoping that maybe she was just playing some kind of hide and seek game as a welcome surprised for him. But no, Seohyun will surely not do that.

Feeling helpless, Yong Hwa threw his body on Seohyun bed, and close his eyes while lifting his right arm and cover his eyes with his while his left hand rest on his belly. Somehow he could feel her presence, he could hear her step, and her fragrance that he could smell in her room, just added his agony. Feeling that how could he feels like this? He feels like Seohyun was close to him but yet so far.

The vibrate on his phone snapped him back as he get up hastily and took it out from histroser’s pocket, feeling a hundred percent sure that it was Seo Hyun, he smiled widely. But at the moment he scrolled on the LCD, Yong Hwa frowned. It was a text message, from an unknown number. He opened the message though.

If you still care for your wife, get your and come to Busan Station as soon as you read this. Make yourself useful for once.

-Song Joong Ki-

As soon as he finished read the text message, without a second thought, without considering that maybe it was just a prank or something, he took his backpack and grab some clothes to it, after that he went out of his door and ready to catch a taxi.

Yonghwa bet that it was the longest 20 minutes journey from the apartment to Seoul Station. It wasn’t even an hour but still, it felt like a decades for him. He kept chanting “God…please keep her safe…keep her safe..” all the way there. It was such a fortune that he got the train schedule immediately the second he arrived at the station. The thought of something happened to Seohyun was bothering him, but the thought of Seohyun is being with another guy at night like this was bothering him even more. No, it wasn’t because he doesn’t trust Seo Hyun, he trust her, very much. But this is Song Joong Ki who informed him about Seohyun whereabouts, Seohyun told him about Joong Ki and his last encounter with Joong Ki couldn’t be concluded as a pleased one either. He knew Joong Ki loves Seohyun, Joong Ki loves his wife, so much.

“….thank you for giving me a chance to snatch her away”

He could remember Joong Ki’s voice along with his torturing words clearly. As if he heard that just  minutes ago. And that made him scared.

What if… what if… what if Seohyun…..

Andwae. Andwae. No, she won’t. She won’t do that. She won’t be back to him that easy.

Now, the only thing he could do, just wait, for 2 damn hours, and after that he’ll see her again and clear things up. He decided that tonight he’ll just tell her everything, about him and Shin Hye before and this present.

The more he forced himself to sleep, the more he couldn’t even let his eyes closed. Seohyun’s face just keep popping in his head, and no, it’s not distracting him, but instead its torturing him, he has that weird feeling, though he couldn’t tell what was it, but whatever it is, he felt uneasy with that.

“I hope she’s alright… You have to be alright Seohyun…You must”

The longest journey ever in his life finally came to an end. He could feel a slight relieve the second he stepped on Busan Station, and soon he made a call to Joong Ki, asking where his wife is.

“Parking lot”

And just like that, Joong Ki cut the call. Feeling desperate even more, Yong Hwa cursed silently. If it’s not because he’s still clueless about Seohyun existence, he will never ever made a call to him and be his lapdog like this.

He sprinted to the parking lot, ignoring the crowd, didn’t even say a simple “Mian” when he bumped someone’s body, instead he was kept saying “Aish!” and “Move!”. He ignored all the glared and the curses, that’s not even a big deal anyway, he thought.

Yong Hwa turned his head, left and right, using all the power of his vision to find any sign of Seohyun. He was nearly think that he got prank or something, because the moment he arrived at the parking lot, he found no one, and some cars. But person? None. Seo Hyun? The same, not even her shadow shown.

“Waiting for someone?”

Yong Hwa turned his head and was about answer the man’s question but suddenly

*BUG*

A hard rough punch land successfully on his left cheek. He fell straight to the floor, and not to mention, spit a fresh blood from his mouth. He shook his head lightly, feeling that his vision slightly got blur. He felt the stinging pain in his cheek also some other part in his inner mouth and he could also feel that there must be another wound in his tongue for he felt like the fresh blood was keep coming and close to flooding his mouth. He lift his left hand to wipe the corner of his lip with his thumb as he felt another pain in there, and true, his thumb was wet and red by a stain of blood. He looked up and was ready to curse but another attack came to him.

This time, the man kick him hard on his stomach. Not only once, but twice.

Yonghwa groaned in pain and spit another blood from his mouth. But as if it wasn’t enough, the guy kneeled down and grab Yonghwa’s collar only to give him another punch on his face, to continued his ambush. Once… Twice… Thrice… Yong Hwa was ready to got another punch as he already saw a flying fist centimeters away from his face, but then, the man stopped, though he still gripped Yong Hwa’s collar just as tight.

At that time, Yong Hwa finally had a chance to opened his eyes and looked straight at the eyes of the man who beat him without mercy.

Then he realized. Though he only met him once, but he could still recognize him, clearly.

Song Joong Ki.

The man who almost took his life with every hard punch and kick of his was Song Joong Ki. But there’s something different with him now. At that time, when they were standing face to face, though Joong Ki threw mock at him, but he still could see a calm and composed side of him, but tonight was different, totally different.

Song Joong Ki stared at him with hatred-bloodshoot eyes, gritted teeth, and complete with a bloody dark-grieving aura around him. His forehead was full of sweat as his fist was shaking. It was so obvious that despite his ambush, he still has that urge to ease his anger.

Yong Hwa frowned, couldn’t understand with the way Joong Ki behave towards him. Could it be his personal way to “welcomed” him? Yes, Yong Hwa knew, and admitted that Joong Ki hated him, he has the right to do that anyway, but what did he wrong? And in that very second, Yong Hwa’s mind was busy to figure it out what actually happened that made Joong Ki so furious at him. And the more imFrom what he knew he didn’t hurt Seohyun these past day. Or could it be…..the unfinished business between him and Seohyun before he went to Anyang? Did Seohyun tell him about that? But why? Why did she have to tell their marriage problem to him? Who is Song Joong Ki? Is he that important for her? Just thinking about that, Yong Hwa feel the anger started to boiled all over his body.

“A*hole!” Joong Ki cursed, eyes not leaving Yonghwa’s.

That.

Yong Hwa’s finally decided to countered. Gathered his power, Yong Hwa pushed him away until Joong Ki also fell to the ground, and when he was about to stand up, Yong Hwa punch him just as hard as Joong Ki did to him, that in the end made him laid back on the ground. Though Yong Hwa still felt dizzy and pain all over his body, but the thought about Seohyun ran to him when she had a problem was eating him alive, and he wanted to beat Joong Ki so bad, until kneeled and beg for Yong Hwa’s mercy.

*BUG*

The single punch on Joong Ki’s face is now got triple, he intended to added it by another hard unch actually, but Joong Ki had countered and got Yong Hwa laid on his back as Joong Ki gripped his collar with both hands.

“I TOLD YOU NOT TO HURT HER IDIOT!!!” Joong Ki screamed his lungs out.

*BUG*

Yong Hwa groaned as another punch landed smoothly on his right cheek.

“I TOLD I’LL SNATCH HER AWAY IF YOU DARE TO MAKE HER CRY!!!”

*BUG*

“I’M SO GOING TO KILL YOU MINCHIN JASHIK-AH!!!”

Joong Ki’s fist was really close to his face but once again, Yong Hwa managed to push him away, and he took his times to get up.

“WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?!!” Yong Hwa screamed back at him.

“BEATING SOMEONE WITHOUT DEFINITE REASON LIKE THIS ARE YOU CRAZY?”

Joong Ki chuckled as he get up, though his body was slightly sway because after several punched from him, he felt like his energy was drained. He never felt this tired before in his life. He never thought that doing this un-educate thing like this could shallow his energy.

Yong Hwa stared at him with a piercing eyes, feeling like a victim with all those things that Joong Ki did to him. He didn’t even tell Yong Hwa, what was his fault but yet he kept punching him like that.

His stared was welcomed by Joong Ki stares, if staring could eat someone alive, Yong Hwa sure that he’s definitely eat up alive by Joong Ki.

“Should I remembered you, dumbas*?” Joong Ki asked mockingly.

Yong Hwa frowned. “What the fu*k is this bastard talking about?”

He didn’t understand why’d Joong Ki made an ambush towards him. There’s must be something related with Seohyun, but…what? He thought. Was Seohyun tell Joong Ki abou their marriage issue? The deal that Seohyun offer due to their marriage? The moving room thing? Did Seohyun tell everything to Joong Ki? But, Yong Hwa himself was the one who stand for them, defended her silly idea, and insisted to keep this marriage despite everything happen to them, despite the complicated relationship they had, at least he’s willing to change, to cleared up the mess, to put everything back on its right place. Then, why’d he got beaten by Joong Ki?

Joong Ki was observed Yong Hwa’s expression while Yong Hwa was still busy with his mind, trying to find out what did Joong Ki means by throwing his tantrum like this. Hearing nothing from Yong Hwa, Joong Ki spoke up again.

“Week ago. You and your mistress made a quite big show at Lotte Mart, didn’t you?”

“Well… of course it’s a big show since you did it freely in front of your wife’s eyes”

For a split of second Yong Hwa felt his heart was stabbed until it stopped functioning. It only need a blink of eyes and spit of second before everything happened that day flashes in his mind like an old movie.

What? She was there? Seohyun saw it?

“Buying jewelries, with your wife witnessing it all. You and your mistress was playing a romantic drama, smiling happily while your LEGAL wife was standing like a statue in front of the glass window of that store, like a fool, she was crying in the midst of the crowd of the shopping mall….”

Yong Hwa’s throat went dry along with the lost of oxygen that he felt.

Andwae… It wasn’t like that…

 “You were having fun with your mistress while your wife was stupidly rotted in the cinema, holding two useless tickets and once again letting useless tears rolled down to her cheek”

Maja… I promised her to watch the movie….

Seolma… Seolma…

Yong Hwa left speechless, buried in his own little world. Now, everything seems make sense for him. Her act, her coldness, her painful look, her trembled voice. THIS. THIS must be the reason why’d she act cold and even spit out that silly deal.

Aniya Seohyun. It wasn’t like that, you were concluded it wrong…

Joong Ki chuckled as he witnessing his blank expression, that looked so dumb and so inviting to be landed by another punches.

“So….you remember” Joong Ki stated.

He looked down, frowning, and was shaking his head lightly, as a respond of having a mind battle in his head. 5 seconds passed and Yong Hwa finally found his lost voice.

“But…. But… It’s…” He stuttered.

Joong Ki smirked, “I don’t need your explanation bastard, neither does her”

Actually, Yong Hwa wasn’t trying to explain anything to Joong Ki, he said that more to himself though.

“What I saw, and what she saw that day is enough to give us the conclusion”

Yong Hwa lifted his head and looked straight to him.

“The conclusion is….. You are a filthy bastard, and you don’t deserve her”

This time, Yong Hwa was the one who chuckled, though it was a bitter one.

“And who do you think deserve her? Ah….perhaps, you think that you’re the one who deserves her, Song Joong Ki-ssi?” He asked in a mocked tone.

“Well, at least I’m better than you. I was there when she needs someone to talk. It was a relieved that I was there, so I can cheer her up. I can’t imagine what will happen to her. It wasn’t impossible if she jumped from the rooftop because of the desperateness that she felt back then” Joong Ki answered arrogantly.

Holding his anger, Yong Hwa’s hand that was hanging beside his body turned into a tight fist.

Then Joong Ki added with “I always cherish her and will never ever make her cry, I can make her happy, so if I do that, I think she’ll consider me”

In his place, Yong Hwa wanted to beat this man in front of him till dawn so bad, to the point there’s no one who could recognize his face, but he was more than willing to punch himself by his own fist, knowing and even admitted that Joong Ki was right, he was the one who shed Seohyun’s tears, he was the one who made an effort to cheer her up, to put back her smile, to ease her pain. And the realization of how Seohyun always ran to him whenever she had a problem, ever since they were still in a high school, made Yong Hwa’s anger boiled even more. Because, even if he deadly wanted it, Yong Hwa couldn’t erased their memories and all of those times that they had shared together. He had no power to do so.

While Joong Ki already become a “significant other”, a “precious person” for Seohyun. Yong Hwa was nothing for her. She didn’t even know him. She didn’t even know that he’s exist. He couldn’t change it though, it already happened anyway, and Yong Hwa cursed himself for that.

Geurae. There’s no use trying to change the past, erasing the already-happened-sequences, the memories between his wife and this arrogant man in front of him. Living the present with her, and only her, and made his own memories with Seohyun is the best choice, it will always be. And not only that, but also, Yong Hwa realized that this is the only chance for him, he’d be the ultimate dumbas*, if ever he lost this chance.

 “…..True, if it’s in that case, you’re better for me, Song Joong Ki-ssi. But, courting someone’s wife and even tell the husband that he’ll snatch the wife away, were the act of someone who deserve a woman like MY wife?” Yong Hwa countered.

This time Joong Ki was the one who looked down and chuckled bitterly. Yes, Yong Hwa’s right, he’s just going to be another jerk just like this bastard in front of him, if he insisted to court Seohyun and made her his. Truth to b told, he made up his mind about this matter. It wasn’t because he’s being a coward here or he being the one who lose his willing with the “I’ll snatch her away from you” thing. But, he will never use her vulnerability to change her mind with talking bad about her husband while he’s taking the advantages and look like a “forever knight” for her. No, never. He’ll never take that way. And also, if he just think of himself, his ego, and play rough, put everything aside and just chase her like that, showing how unfaithful her husband was, made her realized how much Yong Hwa had hurt her in any way, maybe there’s a possibility that in the end Seohyun’s giving up, but if ever that happened it won’t make him feel at ease either. Because of what? Yes, she quits, gives up, and let him go. But, she’ll definitely feel hurt, devastated, feel the unbearable pain, perhaps to the point that she couldn’t even breathe because it hurt too much. And because Song Joong Ki knew, that deep down inside, Jung Yong Hwa will always be safe in Seohyun’s heart. He’ll always be the one whom she loves so much. No matter what happened to them. Joong Ki knew, that it was useless to him to take all the way of that rough and dirty way just to make her his. True, he cursed her for that. He cursed her for being that stupid, that unrealistic, that pathetic, because even after everything that geu jashik did to her, it has always been Yong Hwa in Seohyun’s heart. For Seohyun, it has to be Yong Hwa, animyeon, andwae and it has to be Yong Hwa, animyeon, shilta. Joong Ki’s a thousand percent sure that even if she managed to let Yong Hwa go from her life, she’s so going to screw up, no, her career won’t be screw, she’ll still smiling in front of others, and even managed in making some jokes, but it’s her heart that will screw up, along with her soul. Thus, she will just become a person who still did her very best at her work, but she has no soul, nor heart. She’s not different with a robot. And no, Joong Ki won’t let that happen, he doesn’t want that. As much as he loves his Seohyun, he won’t let her screw her life just like that. And true, the acknowledgement that Yong Hwa is the happiness for her is killing him, but who is he before her? He’s just the man who offered all of his heart for her, but found a “No, thanks” as the answer. Still, he loves her. Still, he needs her.

So, Song Joong Ki has made up his mind. And that is, he’ll always be the old same Song Joong Ki who offer his heart for her to take, standing right behind her back so he’ll always be ready to catch her whenever she falls, he’ll keep her be still in his reach so he could always shed her tears whenever she cries, and he’ll always be there for her, whenever she needs him, whenever she needs someone to talk to, whenever she needs someone to cheer her up, and if it’s necessary he’s more than ready to be someone who always being throw by her tantrums though he’s not the one who at fault.

But no, he’ll never snatch her away from Yong Hwa, pulled her roughly from her only happiness. He’ll wait. He will wait for her. He won’t interfere her or forced her to leave from her “battlefield”, but if she’s the one who decided to give up and let Yong Hwa go, that will be the trigger, it means that’s his chance to make a move. No, she doesn’t have to be the one who comes to him. She doesn’t need to. But, let him be the one who reached her and pulled her to his embrace, as he says “Gwaencanha…. Na yeoggiseo… Uljima, Seohyun-ah…”

“Geurae…” Joong Ki started, he heaved a sigh before he continued with “I was such a jerk for having an intend to take her away from you, that’s my mistake and let me apologize for that, but I just can’t stand to see the one that I love with all my heart being treat like a trashbag by her own husband. I was so angry, and I’m still angry at you, even now. Truthfully, I hate you. I really hate you with every drop of my blood for making her life miserable like this. You. You’re not supposed to hurt her, you have no right to cause her eyes got a tears in it and so I--”

“Yes. You’re right” Yong Hwa cut him.

“Human makes mistakes, and so do I. But it’s better than never realize it. I admitted that I’m the one who at fault in this. I must pay for every single tear that dropped form her eyes. I’m no longer a moron now. And I’m willing to change for her, for us, for our marriage. I’ll make it up for her. She had enough of sacrificed, and now, this is my turn to do the same for her. I won’t take her for granted.” He continued, looking so determined with every single words of his.

Joong Ki smirked as he shook his head, before finally laughing. Louder and louder, that gained a frowned from Yong Hwa.

“I see. Seems like this moron could finally see the light” Joong Ki announced.

“I do” Yong Hwa chuckling bitterly, as he said that. Mocking his own stupidity.

There was a silence between them. No words, only heavy wind that could be heard by their ears.

“……..But I don’t trust you that much, Yong Hwa ssi” Joong Ki started.

It gained Yong Hwa’s attention.

“I won’t interrupt nor interfere on your relationship. But, I won’t leave her either. I’ll distance myself from her, but I’ll keep her in my reach, so it would be easier for me to catch her, when she falls, again” he continued.

If eyes could kill you, then Yong Hwa must be dead by now. Joong Ki stared deeply at Yong Hwa’s eyes as he said “You broke her heart, many times, and in many ways. There will always be a possibilities you could do the same for her in the future”

Yong Hwa frowned, a slight anger started to boiling again. He couldn’t understand with the way this man thinking.

“What do you want?” Yong Hwa asked, trying to sounded relax and composed.

In a blink of eyes, once again, Joong Ki punched his face, just as hard as earlier, if it’s not more.

And once again, Yong Hwa broke and simply laid on the ground, experiencing another stinging pain and another dizziness. He was about to make a protest, when Joong Ki already kneeled beside him, slightly lifting him by grabbing his collar with his hands.

“Dare to make her cry once again, you’re a dead man Jung Yong Hwa!” Joong Ki said, eyes fix on his, words came out really clear beside the heavy breathe and the tight gripped on Yong Hwa’s collar as he slightly lift him.

Joong Ki spitted it in small voice, almost like a whispered, since he intended to just say it for Yong Hwa to hear. But for Yong Hwa, it sounded like a loud scream. Next, Joong Ki was slightly threw Yong Hwa’s body as he removed his hand roughly from the collar.

“Don’t need. I’ll kill myself if I do so” Yong Hwa said firmly.

Still kneel with one leg beside Yong Hwa, Joong Ki burst into laughed as Yong Hwa finished his sentence.

“Ha! Ahrasseo. I’ll gladly send flower on your funeral. Jeongmal”

Yong Hwa just silent. Feeling like he didn’t have to responded Joong Ki’s statement.

Joong Ki shut his eyes and heaved a deep sigh, was trying to gain his sense back after acting like a bully minutes ago. Next, he looked straight to Yong Hwa’s eyes, probing deeply through his eyes as he do so.

“She’s home now. Feeling unwell, been overworked since these past days. Probably trying to distract herself, so she has been working like a maniac. You got what was the reason, right?”

Yong Hwa thought that never in his life he felt this useless and a total failure like this. His wife got sick, been overworked, and it’s so obvious that he’s the only reason why’d she came to that state.

Though Joong Ki didn’t hear nothing from Yong Hwa, but he observed his face, and he’s sure that Yong Hwa knew what was he talking about.

“Glad you got it” Joong Ki stated.

Soon, Joong Ki got up, and looked down at Yong Hwa, “She needs you. Be useful for once, jebal” he said coldly.

And just like that Joong Ki turned his heels, after taking two steps he bent down to pick up his backpack and hang it on his shoulder, then he started to walked away from the parking lot. At that time Yong Hwa was already got up and stood still in his spot. Joong Ki was just a meter away from him, when Yong Hwa says “Gomawo”.

He wasn’t shouting, but it was enough for Joong Ki to heard him, it prove by how Joong Ki stopped in his track and turned his head to the left, eyeing Yong Hwa with the corner of his eyes, as he said “Suit yourself, bastard”.

Forming a fist with his two hands, Joong Ki looked straight to the front, and made his move, away from there. Hoping that it would be his last meeting with Yong Hwa, though he knew, like it or not, there will be so many possibilities to meet him again.

***

Because I was so surprised,
I couldn’t speak. I was holding on to
my trembling heart. Are you
struggling a lot? Where are you? Before
I could even ask, tears fell down. Just
by hearing the sound of your breath

And so, here he is, pushing the bell in front of him impatiently, didn’t even mind whether the people inside was already fell asleep or not. Since, the one thing that he could thinking of for now is only his Joo Hyun. A footsteps were heard, running slowly towards the door, 3 seconds passed and the door was unlocked.

“Annyeonghaseyo ommoni”

He heard a gasp from the mother in law, but he didn’t surprised. It was normal to show that kind of respond. A man asking to get inside your house in the night, with a bruised and dirty shirt in front of you, who won’t get startled with that, right? He managed to clean himself in the toilet at the station beforehand, buying some ice blocks to deal with the bruises on his cheek, trying hard to look presentable once he reached her home and meet her, also his parents-in-law. But alas, it didn’t work much, apparently. He wanted to change his clothes actually, but feeling that it only wasting time if he do so, Yong Hwa decided to just cleaned the dirty part.

Ignoring the greeting from her son-in-law, Mrs. Seo looked at him with a widened eyes, as she asked “Omona! What happened to you adeul-ah?! Aigoo… Let’s get inside….”

Mrs. Seo was held Yong Hwa’s hand as they walked towards the living room. Once, they were sit there, Mrs. Seo busy touching Yong Hwa’s face as, slightly measuring how serious his wound is, feeling definitely concern and absolutely worried. Afraid that maybe he was being a victim of some kind of criminals out there.

“Gwaencanha ommoni… I was just…just…being pushed from train, and bumped some people in the station. Don’t worry ommoni.. I’m alright”

“Oh my God! How could they do that to you? Aigoo… Jeongmal!”

“I believe they didn’t do it on purpose ommoni, I think that all of the passenger were in a rush to reach their home, just like me” Yong Hwa accused her, then he smiled warmly, hiding all the pain that he felt all over his face.

Mrs. Seo was nodding, as she murmured “Geurae…”, but she couldn’t hid her still-worried face.

Yong Hwa decided it’s time for him to just straight to the point, “Uhm…ommoni… Seohyun-neun?”

“Ah… She’s in her room now. She said she was tired, so she off to bed early… Wait, Joo Hyun said that you’re in Anyang, but how…”

“I just came back ommoni, I wanted to surprised her, so I didn’t tell her that I’m going home today. But, seems like it was a failure…. Hehehe…”

Mrs. Seo also laughed, “But you did, surprised me Yong Hwa. With the bruises and all…”

Yong Hwa palmed his bruises cheek, as he bent down, “Ah….ne… I think so…”

“Uhm…just wait a minute, I’ll bring a salve…”

“Aniyo, gwaencanha ommoni. I bought it already” Yong Hwa reasoned, while in fact the said salve was no where to found in his backpack for he was to frantic to just came straight to Seo Hyun’s house as soon as he could.

“Ah geurae? Then, do you need something? Ah! Did you have dinner? I’ll heat the foods then”

And again, Yong Hwa stopped her. “Ani ani. I had dinner on the train ommoni. Don’t worry”

Mrs. Seo nodded again, “It’s good then…”

“Ommoni, where’s abeoji?” Yong Hwa asked, trying to distract her from the topic of his wound.

“He’s having a seminar in Jeollado, if it turns well then he’ll be here by tomorrow evening” Mrs. Seo smiled as she finished her sentence.

“Ah… I see…” Yong Hwa said, nodding his head.

“I should greet him tomorrow then, it’s been a while” he added.

Mrs. Seo smiled sincerely, “He must be happy to see you… Ah, anyway…Joo Hyun is in her room, just go upstairs Yong Hwa-yah”

“Ne, algeseumnida, I’ll just go to her room ommoni”

“Ahrasseo, have a good night for both of you!” Mrs. Seo said whole heartedly, as she got up from her seat.

“Khamsahamnida, good night to you too ommoni” Yong Hwa said, also got up and nodded his head politely.

Mrs. Seo smiled and patted him on the shoulder, then she turned, proceed to her bedroom. While Yong Hwa took his time to got ready, counting into five and heaved a sigh before he made his move to Seohyun’s room.

Seconds passed, and now he was standing in front of her room, already held the door knob but contemplate to just open it or knock first. He cursed himself, for even considering it as a problem.

Of course knock first, Paboo!

Then he knocked.

 “Seohyun-ah?” he called, but found nothing as the answer.

Probably she’s falling asleep already.

 So again, he called “Seohyun-ah, are you already sleep?” then he stir the door knobbed to made it opened.

There’s no her smiling face, nor her cheerful voice that welcoming him with “Oppa, you’re home!”. That made Yong Hwa heaved a sighed as he only welcomed by her back and a dim light sround her bed. It was obvious that she fell asleep already. He decided to walked closer though and placed his backpack on the floor, near the bedside drawer.

He sat at the edge of her bed, saying “So…you’re already sleep?” and ended it with caressed on Seohyun’s cheek.

Actually, he felt a little bit hopeless with the scene, he was hoping that Seohyun’s still awake so he could talk to her, explain everything to her, trying to mend her broken heart, trying to pick up and arrange all of those messy puzzle of their relationship. But despite everything, there’s one thing that he need the most for now. He never done it before, but without considering whether she’ll get mad at him or not because of this, he didn’t care. He won’t complain if she get mad, honestly, as long as she let him did this now.

Yong Hwa lied down beside him’s body lied beside her with arm circle on her waist, and even pulled her closer to him.

Yes, he needs this. He needs to be sure, that now Seohyun’s still his, and will still be, despite everything, despite all that mess. He has to be sure that Seohyun is in his reach, he embraces her now. He feels her warmth, smell her fragrance, and hears her soft breathe. That’s enough for him. That’s the only thing that could make him safe and at ease.

His hand now rest on her stomach then rubbed it solely with his inner palms, as he was sinking in his thought.

You’re mine right, Hyun? We’re gonna be alright, aren’t we?

“…….Hyun-ah…bogoshippeo…nomu bogoshippeosseo….” He said with a husky voice, as he nuzzled on her neck.

Yong Hwa raised his brows when he found something. It seems like Seohyun’s not really sleep. He felt his body stiffening as he rubbed her stomach with his inner palm. Slowly, his lips curve a smile, finding it’s cute, his wife was pretending to sleep while he hold her in his tight embrace.

So, he tightened his arm that was circled on her waist.

“Why did you always sleep whenever I miss you? You’re so cruel, you know it?”

Why’d you pretend to sleep when I was dying to see you?

But still, Seohyun didn’t budge, she didn’t even answered him, obviously still pretending to sleep.

“Seo Hyun-ah….do you miss me?”

You hear me, don’t you?

“Seohyun-ah…. I’m sorry… Forgive oppa…oh?”

I know you’re not asleep yet

 “Seohyun-ah…..don’t pretend to sleep”

Yong Hwa could feel Seohyun’s body reacted to his words, she got stiffened even more. Even his inner palm that was rest on her stomatch could feel the raced of her heartbeats. But, to his surprised, she remained silence and locked , instead, she covered Yong Hwa’s hand with her inner palm. Yong Hwa smiled, expecting that Seohyun will no longer stop her “pretending sleep” game. Well, his smiled didn’t last longer though. Because, ehat she did in a latter second was…beyond his expectation.

Slowly, but firmly, Seohyun lifet Yong Hwa’s hand from her stomach and slightly threw it aside, next she shifted her body forward, avoiding being closer with her husband. And, as if it didn’t enough for her. Again, she moved forward, putting another distance between them, ‘till her body was really close to the edge of her bed.

 “Seohyun-ah….mian…but, wae?”

“Oppa wasseo? Have a good night then” She said, without even turning back to look at Yong Hwa.

There. The cold voice were still there, along with the cold treatment. Her wall became even more high and huge, and Yong Hwa believed that it won’t be easy to break it.

“Seohyun-ah I—“

“Oppa I’m tired, I bet you feel it too. So good night”

“But… Hyun-ah, there’s someth—“

Again, she cut him. “Can we just talk tomorrow? I’m really sleepy”

Yong Hwa opened his mouth, was about to argued her, but then Seohyun spoke again.

“Good night”

“Could you say anything but good night?”

She didn’t replied.

“Hyun, could you turn back for a second?”

“Hyun…”

“Hyun-ah…” He whined.

“Hyun-ah… I’m hurt…”

Feeling irritated and got disturbed with his nonstop whining, Seohyun decided to rolled her body so she could face him. She was going to started threw her tantrums, but then, upon seeing his appearance, she couldn’t even speak properly.

 “Waeyo opp—OH MY GOD!! What—what happened to you? God…” Seohyun said, panickly, she reached for Yong Hwa’s face and cradled it lovingly. Though it was slightly dark on her room, but the dimmed light from the lamp that was placed on both of the bedside table was enough to shown what ha Yong Hwa got on his face. Without thinking too much, Seo Hyun touched every part of his face with all the gentleness, afraid that she’s going to added his pain in any way. From the way she looked at him, it was so obvious that she was beyond startled and worried.

Not wanting to loose a chance of getting attention from Seohyun. Yong Hwa started to used some tricks.

“Ah…ah…Appeo…” He said in a whispered, like he was in a deep pain. True, it was hurt, but not that hur though, Seohyun’s touched was so gentle, to be honest it didn’t cause any pain on his skin while she rubbed her fingertips on his skin. But still, this choding seemed found his own way to grabbed his wife attention, so he acted like he was avoiding Seohyun’s touch, like he was really in a terrible pain.

Seohyun gasped, feeling guilty that he was complained with the way she touched him.

“Jwaesonghaeyo—Ommo—Wh—Why—Bu—But —Opp—Eottokhae ?” She rambled.

Still acting, Yong Hwa closed his eyes, got a creased on his forehead and covered his swollen cheek with his palm, “Hyun…appeo…manhi appeo… Uh…”

Seohyun mouth was hang opened as she was still in a shock, in a chaos mind she still tried to think clearly though.

What should I do? What should I do? Ah!

 “Ahrasseo…ahrasseeo…wait a second I get some salve, okay?” Seohyun said, hurriedly stepped down from her bed, didn’t even bother to hear his answer first.

“Shiro… Don’t go…I don’t want to be alone…Hyun-ah..”

Now this Jung Yong Hwa even whine like a 5 years old kid. Really far…..away from the 27 years old successful surgeon at the most well-known hospital in South Korea.

Hearing his words, Seohyun stopped her tracks and sighing, next he the light in her room and face him.

“I won’t be long oppa, jus—just a second, okay?”

Yong Hwa crawled on her bed before he finally stepped down and stood in front of her and start whining again, “Ani...shiro…just stay here… Ne??”, he pouted.

Seo Hyun frowned. “Ah oppa! Jinnja! Why are you like this?”

Still pouting, Yong Hwa stepped forward towards her and took her hands.

“I just need my wife beside me when I’m in pain, so can I?” He said, somehow in a split of second his choding-look turned into a gentleman-look, he sounded serious and looked deep into Seo Hyun’s eyes.

She was dazed for 3 seconds with his killer line.

Jinjja. What happened to him? Wae with those sudden cheesy line?

“What happened to you oppa?” she asked, actually it was more refer to Yong Hwa’s strange act towards her.

Yong Hwa seemed sensed her double meaning questions, feeling slightly confused with the answer. What should he tell first? About his fight with Song Joong Ki or with his realization with his feeling towards her?

“Uhm--I”

“Never mind. So, what if we go down together and got your wound the proper medication?” She suggested.

Yong Hwa grinned and nodded. But it didn’t last long, since Seohyun pulled her hands from his and turned to walked ahead.

Right. He shouldn’t have expected that Seohyun will just forgive him easily after all nappeun things that he did to her. She needs time, of course, and he’s more than willing to give it to her, as much as she needs, as long as she’ll forgive him.

Yong Hwa could only smiled weekly behind her, acknowledging that days ahead it won’t be easy for him to deal with cold Seo Hyun. But, come to think of it, she became like this was because of him too. So yeah, this is his way to tasted his own medicine after all.

“Oppa?” Seohyun spoke in a louder voice, since Yong Hwa was still rooted in her bedroom while she was already half way on the stairs.

“Coming!” he answered, as he hurriedly walked to her direction.

***

 

Breathing, opening
my eyes every day,
barely getting through each day
I couldn’t tell you that those things
were harder than dying
In case you would get worried so
like a fool, I just let out a sigh

Without Yong Hwa and Seo Hyun knowing, outside…out of their “reconciliation process”, Song Joong Ki was stiffening in front of the gate of Seohyun’s house, he was rooted there for hours already. He looked up and stared at Seohyun’s window with sad eye, witnessing that Seohyun’s room that was dark was turning bright. Yes, he knew and sure that it’s Seohyun’s room for he was used to stared at her room from the outside like this. When they were still a high school student, Joong Ki was often doing this, and even sometimes they were chatting just like that, Seohyun popped from her windows while Joong Ki was standing in front of her gate, they communicated with using some kind of body language for only both of them could understand.

Reminiscing what was he got as a beautiful memories with her while standing in front of her house at night like this, was somehow put him into some kind of flashback. That night, he still remembered it clearly in his head, there was one day when Seohyun felt down because her grandmother was again being hospitalized for her illness, and Seohyun couldn’t go to Anyang to see her condition because at that time, she was having a final exam. So, in order to cheer her up, at night Joong Ki bought lots of fireworks and come to her house. In order to made her popped from her bedroom window, just like what he usually did, he took around 7 lollipops in a small size and threw it to her window glass.  Usually after throwing 2 or 3 lollipops, Seohyun would opened the window immediately and welcomed him wither sparkling face and wide smile, waving her hand as she mouthed “Wasseoyo?”. And in the next day, Seohyun would pick all of the candies that were scattered on the grass of her yard and eat it together with Joong Ki at school. But that night was different, Joong Ki already threw 4 lollipops, but Seohyun didn’t come out. So he used the 5th then the 6th, he started to feel uneasy and couldn’t bear to got a creased on his forehead.

Should I just leave and meet her tomorrow?

Putting all the lucks in his last lollipops, Joong Ki threw it and just like the other lollipops, it successfully hit the window glass. Joong Ki stared at the window with full of hope.

Please…open your window… Please… At least let me cheer you even for just a second….

Then he started to count. One…Two…Th—

The window was slowly opened, Joong Ki beamed and smile started to form on his lips.

And there she was. Looking so pale, puffy eyes, red nose, and he could see that she was trying hard to hold her sobbed. It was so obvious that she was crying he lungs out earlier.

Joong Ki smiled as he looked at her, waving his right hand to her direction. Hoping that it will help her to ease her pain and it would be better if it also could erase her sobbed. It was 11pm, and it’s not like his house was just stepped away from hers, actually Joong Ki had to got 15 minutes by taxi to reached her house, and by that Seohyun felt so grateful with his presence that night, and even more cherished it for she knew that Joong Ki was there to cheer her up. Didn’t want to trouble him even more Seohyun tried to smiled as she wiped her tears and tried hard to stopped sobbing.

Next, Joong Ki kneeled and opened up the zipper of his black backpack, he carefully took out the unwrapped-firework sticks and then placed it neatly on the ground. By using his zippo lighter, Joong Ki started to light the stick, soon he stood and lifted his hand high, as it slowly burn, the “BAM” sound started to heard, followed by the beautiful colorful sparkling light up in the dark night of Busan sky. Seohyun who witnessed the beauty of art of the fireworks couldn’t help to got dazed and amazed with that. Another “BAM” sound was heard again, and soon the sparkling fire works out lighting the gloomy dark sky that night. Slowly wiping away the gloomy feeling that she felt and slowly brightened up the darkness of her heart that she felt today.

“Uljima!!!” Joong Ki said in a loud voice, as the fireworks show was near to an end.

Seohyun got her attention back to Joong Ki, then she nodded and once again, she wiped her tears, keeping her smile, she was mouthing “Ahrasseoyo” to Joong Ki.

Next, Seohyun was disappeared for a moment only to got back with a white paper on her hand, then she was writing on it, threw it to Joong Ki afterwards.

Joong Ki took the crumpled paper and smoothen it with his inner palm, as he tried to read her messaged in it.

 

Khamsahaeyo SJK-ssi. Jackie oppa jjang!!!

 

Joong Ki only smiled and waved at her from his spot, after that he tidied the used fireworks and threw it into a plastic, then he put it back in his bag, reassured that he didn’t left any rubbish after he did the little show for Seohyun. He looked up and found Seohyun was still looking at him.

“I leave” he mouthed.

Seohyun nodded and mouthed “Be safe!”

Joong Ki also answered her with a nodded and said with a loud voice “I’ll see you tomorrow!!!”

“Neeee!” Seohyun also spoke in a loud voice, and smiling so wide while waving her hand at Joong Ki.

Just like that, the flashback was ended only to leave Joong Ki alone in the middle of the night, standing straight in his spot, Busan was so windy that night only to added more coldness to his heart, but not to his body.

That night seemed just happened yesterday for me, but, do you still remember it Seohyun-ah?

He chuckled, feeling silly for his own question. She must’ve been erased everything about me since I left her. And, what’s with your stupid question Song Joong Ki? He cursed.

He was standing right there for another ten minutes, until finally he walked towards the gate of Seohyun’s house. He move the backpack that was hang in his right shoulder to the front then opened the zipper with his right hand while his left hand was holding the bottom. Next, he took out a yellow shopping bag that contained a minion doll. Joong Ki stared at the bag, was smiling though his tears started to made the bag got wet. He looked up as he gripped the shopping bag tightly, was trying to calmed down. When he couldn’t bear to stood any longer there, then he threw the shopping bag that in a second made it lied on the grass of the house yard.

Joong Ki stepped down, and got his attention back to Seohyun’s room. The light were still on, he counted to three before he finally turned his back and made a move to leave. With his bent down head, Joong Ki started to walk, and walk and walk, away from Seohyun’s house.

If only I could, If only I could…. I would like to paralyzed my memories Hyun-ah, so I won’t be hurting, so I can’t feel anything, so I can’t stop to be a fool like this, and just like that I can breathe properly. Inhaling…and exhaling without heavy feeling… If only I could paralyzed my memories, erasing every single thing that remind me of you, but I couldn’t and I wouldn’t. Even if I’m reborn, I’d better hurting than forget everything about you. As long as I could still hear your breath, I won’t asking more.

When tears fall, even my smallest cherished memories don’t know what to do

Because it hurt so much, we promised to let each other go

But whenever I’m not sure I can do it, please let me hear
at least your breath

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

ANNYEONGHASEYO...

Perhaps, do you still remember me? No?

Okay, let me intoduse myself, once agian.

I'm heavenlysisns, the only laziest author in the world. Panggawo :) :(

 

I'm sorry for taking long stupid hiatus, but with work and this moody laptop, that sometime it works and sometime it doesn't

I almost lost my eagerness to write. But, thanks it's sunday, so I could find sometime to write.

 

ACTUALLY. I WASN'T PLANNING TO POST IT NOW. BECAUSE I HAVEN'T FINISH YET.

BUT, JUST FOR AN UPDATE, IT'S ALREADY 48 PAGES, AND I'M CONFUSE WHERE TO CUT THE PART

SO, I POST THIS FIRST, AND CONTINUE WRITING, THEN LATER TONIGHT (AT INDONESIA'S TIME) I'LL POST ANOTHER ONE

SO, IT SORT OF A DOUBLE UPDATE.

 

I'LL SEE YOU SOON,

SO ENJOY READING ^^

 

PS: THERE'S SO MANY THINGS THAT I WANT TO WRITE ON THIS A/N, BUT I'VE DECIDED TO JUST WRITE IT ON THE NEXT PART

PS: I MISS YOU ALL SOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHHHHHH :*