Between Heaven and Hell (Part 2)

When The Rainbow Faded

(The Three House Café)

Meanwhile, on Yong Hwa’s side, he and Shin Hye finally found a place to have their serious talk about the matter that Yong Hwa was dying to finished it with her. When they were waiting for their orders to come, though Yong Hwa wasn’t really in the mood to eat, he used the waiting times to choose the right words to be spilled. Though he’s absolutely sure about what he’s going to do at this moment, but Yong Hwa was still contemplate about how could he made Shin Hye’s understand and lessen her heartbroken? Yeah, despite everything that Shin Hye did to him, though she was the one who left Yong Hwa to threw herself to another men, but Yong Hwa was still considering their relationship years back, and despite all of those conditions they were a lover after all, so even if what’s Yong Hwa going to say would probably hurt her, and considering Shin Hye who has a hysterical traits when something wasn’t work out as her please, so… Yong Hwa still felt responsible to at least, prevent her for a deep heartbroken and being less hysteric, by using a right-term to got her explained, well… he hoped it will work, though.

The orders came longer than he thought, or was it only him who feel that way? Because, seriously, waiting for the orders and hearing Shin Hye’s blabbering about what was going on with her lifes during his tayed in Anyang, wasn’t unpleasant thing to be listened, though. Yong Hwa started to feel impatient, so to prevent himself for going to explode sometime soon, Yong Hwa decided to just “slammed the table”.

“Shin Hye-yah…” he started, eyes locked on hers.

That cut Shin Hye to continue her sentence, “Ne?” she asked, suddenly feeling insecure with the way he looked at her.

“Why I asked you to meet me is because, there was several things that need to be cleared between us” Yong Hwa relieved that finally he managed to finished his first sentence.

Shin Hye’s brows furrowed before she asked him again, “Us? What’s wrong with us?”

“Yes, us, our relationship” Yong Hwa said dryly, his eyes stared to her coldly.

Shin Hye felt her heart beats faster, the fastest that she ever felt in her whole life. She looked straight to his eyes, was trying to found out what will this conversation leads to. Why did she feel so insecure about this? Why was she afraid of what Yong Hwa’s going to utter next? Because she had to admitted, that, yes, she started to feel insecure with their relationship since Yong Hwa went to Anyang and never contacted her even once, she was the one who always called him and texted him, but he never picked up he calls and never replied her texted.

Shin Hye began to fear.

“……And what’s need to be cleared about our relationship? I mean, we’re fine right, Yong Hwa?” She asked as she reached for Yonghwa’s hand that placed on the table, trying to find any securities from it.

But, without even looking to his hands that being covered by Shin Hye’s palms, Yong Hwa released Shin Hye’s hand slowly as he slightly pulled his hands from hers.

She blinked and only managed to said “Yo—Yong Hwa….”

“Shin Hye, everything that happen to us is need to be clear now. I’m married, and you knew it” Yonghwa prologue, still fixed his eyes on hers though.

Shin Hye chuckled then said “Yes, I know but so what? You don’t love her anyway”, already felt impatient.

There’s something that boiling Yonghwa’s up upon hearing her words, though he didn’t know exactly what is it. But when he was about to speak and countered, their order were arrived, being offered and carried carefully by the waitress.

When the waitress left the two alone, Yong Hwa felt the urge to continue his intention. The hell with the foods, I don’t feel like eating since the beginning anyway. He thought. But, seemed like Shin Hye could read Yonghwa’s mind, she stopped him right away when she was sure that Yong Hwa was going to raised the topic again.

“Enough Yong Hwa. Could you just please let us have some eat for now?” Shin Hye suggested, then soon she took the fork and was ready to eat her chicken fillet.

“You could listen to what I’m saying while you eat your food. But THIS, is surely have to finish right here, right now” Yonghwa said firmly.

She was about to let the chicken piece in her fork got safe in , but upon hearing it Shin Hye was taken aback and placed the for on her plate back roughly, causing an ugly sound when the metal thing slammed the plate.

“Jung Yong Hwa! Jjinjja!” Shin Hye said in a loud voice and throwing a deadly glared at Yong Hwa.

“Screaming at me won’t make me stop Shin Hye” Yong Hwa said, his cold gaze shoot him to her very core.

Shin Hye rolled her eyes and smirked bitterly, then said “Ok! Right! Now, what do you want to say?”

“We need stop Shin Hye, we must” Yong Hwa said coldly, eyes still fixed on hers, he looked so confident with his words it’s like he already prepared those words since he was born.

Shin Hye frowned and chuckled, “What’s need to be stop?”

“Us. Our relationship. Everything that ever happened between us when I’m already married with Seo Hyun. We must stop it” Yonghwa explained with a stern voice and without even a blink.

Shin Hye blinked and left hang opened as she leaned on her seat. She shook his head in disbelief, and also in denial when she seemed knew where Yong Hwa will lead this conversation to.

“Neo…. Neo jjinjja… Maldo andwae” She commented in whisper.

Yong Hwa heaved a sigh and shut his eyes to reassured himself about what’s going he say latter. This is now or never. He shouted in his mind.

“Yong Hwa, we could just—“

“Let’s break up, Shin Hye” He started

Shin Hye mouth gaped as her sentence was being cut by the words that she never thought will came out from Yong Hwa. This must be a mistake, she thought.

“Let’s end everything. Let’s stop here. And for now, there’s no turning back for both of us” he added, smoothly, just like he already said that since forever.

Yong Hwa felt relieved because finally he had the urge to utter what was he thinking about these past days about their relationship.

 Whatever happened right there, right now, in front of her face were like pulling her roughly to an ultimate nightmare that she never thought before. That was so cruel, that was so horrible, that was so hard to believe. Yong Hwa? The one who always treat her like a princess and see anyone but her in his eyes, asking for a break up? Asking for a separation? Asking to end everything that ever happened between them? It was beyond her logic.

Shin Hye left speechless. She could only stared at Yonghwa, feeling nothing but pain in her heart that made her eyes got warmer.

She blinked, and was causing a tear dropped from her left eyes. She blinked again, and the same thing happened with her right eyes. Until finally her tears were started to rolled down to her cheek, slowly.

And this time was Yong Hwa who left speechless. This was one thing that he hated in his life. Seeing a girl crying in front of him and he knew he was the one who caused it, but still he could do nothing about that.

Yong Hwa reached for her hand, hoping that it might be helped her to calmed down. But Shin Hye pulled her hand, was neglecting his act.

“Shiro!” She said with a hurt tone.

“Shin Hye-yah….Please understand….” He started to plead, as he didn’t know anything else to make her understand.

“No! I don’t want to understand! And to be honest there’s nothing to be understand about! We’re fine. I love you and you love me, so it means we’re alright!” She finally spilled out.

“You love me, don’t you?” She asked, feeling irritated because this conversation was just so impossible for her.

Something pained her heart when she found nothing as the answer from Yong Hwa. He was just looked down and stared to his food.

“You love me, right Yong Hwa?” she asked again, seeking for securities, seeking for something to be held.

“I…. I guess… I did….” Yong Hwa said, as he looked up and stared at her teary eyes.

Her hands were started to form into a trembling fist upon hearing his words. It was really beyond her expectation. What did she mean with “did”? Shin Hye had no idea.

“Do you know Shin Hye, when we were still a student, I often think about how could I get your attention? What’s your favorite food so I could also say that it’s my favorite food, and I can also give all the money in my wallet to buy you an expensive handbag. We were still in our early 20s at that time and I didn’t deny that I like you enough, because no one in our college doubt your beauty and charm, Shin Hye. You’re like a yeoja that every namja wish to have, and for me it was the same. So I chase you, I tried to get you and finally I did. And I was so grateful to make you mine Shin Hye-yah”

Shin Hye chuckled bitterly and shot him with her cold gaze “And now you dump me?”

Yong Hwa let out a sigh before he made his words again.

“Shin Hye-yah, I admitted that I broke down when you left me. I was cursing you and also him. I thought God is so unfair. I was sank in a black hole ever since you left me and never come back to me. Until finally I feel a cool breeze that helped me to re-think about what I’ve been through, about what was happened to us in the past, and what’s going to be happen in the future. I asked myself, many many times. I put myself in various conditions, trying to collect the point of views as much as I needed, and I hope it would help me to think differently, not only thinking of myself as a center but also trying to understand other’s perspectives…”

Shin Hye remained silent and only stared at her finger while letting her tears rolled down and wetting her cheeks.

“……And I finally understand, I did love you, I’m sure that I loved you enough, but Shin Hye-yah…ther’s also thing that I have to acknowledge it, and that is… I’m obsessed with you, that what I felt for you wasn’t a pure love anymore, you’re the first woman that I laid my eyes to, then how could I’m not dying to always make you mine? How could I stop wanting you? Though I was broken into pieces when you left me, but the second you came to me and also at that time you were feeling down for your father’s grief, how could I neglect you? How could I say no to you? You’re my first yeoja that I’m dying to obsessed, tell me how could I didn’t let you when you asking to have another chance to came back to my embrace?”

Shin Hye was already crying like a river now, though Yong Hwa also feel sorry for her but just like what he said, there’s no turning back, it’s now or never to finish this complicated matter.

“When you left me for Geun Suk Hyung, I often think about us Shin Hye—“

“Oh please Yong Hwa, don’t start again! Don’t try to flip the table, we’re finished with that matter, aren’t we?” Shin Hye asked in annoyance, sensing that Yong Hwa might be blame her again from what she did back then.

“Yes, we’re fine with that, but let me finish first. Shin Hye-yah, do you remember that day when you came to me and telling me that you’ve finally realized that you were just obsessed with him, and what you feel for him wasn’t love, it was just an obsession?”

“Yeah and what that gotta do with me? With us? We’re fine without him so why’d you bringing him up to this matter?”

“Because I’ve just realized the way you’ve realized about your feeling to him”

Shin Hye frowned, “What?”

“I thought it was love… I thought what I feel for you was love. But, as much as I think about it, I’ve finally find the answer, that it was only because my childish and selfish act, I was only obsessed with you Shin Hye, just like how you obsessed with Geun Suk Hyung”

“Yong Hwa, neo micheosseo?!” Shin Hye asked in a loud voice and in disbelief as she looked straight at him in the eyes in horror.

But that didn’t scared him even a bit, instead he just continue what he was dying to say to her.

“Shin Hye-yah, I bet that what I feel right now is just the same with what you feel at that time. So I think I don’t have to make any longer explanation about this since you already know about what’s happening to my feeling right now”

Shin Hye shook her head in disbelief as she looked at Yong Hwa with so painfully. It was really beyond her logic, beyond her imagination, and this was something that she won’t ever believe.

“Aniya… Yong Hwa-yah… You’re just confused… Or maybe… maybe you’re just exhausted with your work. No… don’t say like that” Shin Hye started to plead as he reached for Yong Hwa’s hand and grasped it tightly.

“You’re just confused with your feeling Yong Hwa… If you need a time, I’ll give it. I’ll give you a time but please, come back to me and only love me…” she pleaded again, right now she didn’t care if she looked like she has no dignity, or she look like a pitiful beggar that beg for his love, she didn’t care anymore. One thing she cared was her relationship with Yong Hwa, she didn’t want to let this comes to an end. No, never. He’s the only love in her life, so how could she let him go?

“Don’t leave Yong Hwa, please, don’t leave me. You’re the only one I have in this world…please…”

 

Yong Hwa grasped her hand jus as tight as she did, he smiled warmly at her before finally he released his right hand and slowly raised it only to wiped away the tears in her eyes. After that, he put down his right hand and covered Shin Hye’s palm with it.

“Shi Hye-yah… I won’t… I won’t leave you… I still could hang out with you, go for lunch with you, helping you to change a new lamp in your bed room, I’ll be there to hold your hand and cheer you up when you feel down and sad and think that God is unfair, I still could buying you a new handbag or silver necklace as your birthday gift, or even accompany you to buy a gift for your friend, but….”

“But what?” Shin Hye asked inpatiently, eyes not leaving him.

 “Love…. Love is the only thing that I can’t give to you…”

Shin Hye felt her body shivered and her tears were successfully rolled down to her cheek, just like a waterfall.

“I can’t promise you my love, but, I still can be by your side Shin Hye-yah, as long as what you want for me is not my love. I can stay by your side as a friend, or probably as a longtime best friend if you let me do so…” he paused again only to looked down and closed his eyes.

“But…. I can’t be Jung Yong Hwa who madly in love with you anymore, Shin Hye-yah…” he finally finished his sentence as he looked up and saw his blurry shadow in her eyes.

Shin Hye couldn’t find her voice and beside she didn’t know what to say right there and then. The pain inside her was just too painful. She felt like she’s going to pass out sometime soon.  She said nothing but could only sobbed pitifully. And in return, gained attentions from the people around them also the waitress that they were started to whispered and observed  Yong Hwa And Shin Hye with a suspicious look.

But Yong Hwa didn’t give a damn with that. He just knew how much he hurt her, but it was something that couldn’t prevent for her to feel. And if, he didn’t do this and let their relationship sailing without a brake, it would only hurt her even more, because he was no longer love her. And also, if he agreed to insisted being in a relationship with her, there’s someone’s heart that going to feel unbearable pain and slowly broken into tiny pieces, and he won’t let it, no he won’t never it to be happen.

I hurt you enough since the beginning of our marriage, and I won’t give you one more reason to cry. He vowed.

“……..Do you love her?” Shin He asked bluntly.

It’s not that she didn’t know what she’s going t hear was just another painful word that could easily broken heart, over again. But, she bet her destiny there, hoping for a miracle to be happen and give her relationship with Yong Hwa another chance.

 Yong Hwa smiled “For now, I still can’t guarantee yet that it’s a love. But for now, she’s the only one that I think about, she’s the only one that most important, and… she’s the only one that I want to give a happiness”

And his answer made Shin Hye covered her ears with his hands as she shut her eyes tightly, and screaming “STOP! I DON’T WANNA HEAR ANYTHING! STOP!”

Yong Hwa stepped out from his seat and rushed to her seat, pulled her into his embrace and running his hand on her back, to soothed her. Breaking up doesn’t mean cutting off the whole relationship that you had built in the past, right? And what Yong Hwa did was just as same as that, showing his concern as a friend who cares of friend’s sadness.

Shin Hye tried to released her body roughly from him. Cursing him for still can act this sweet though he was the one who asking for break up. Because, that simple act of her will surely got misinterpreted by her, that will cause her wants him even more and the realization of this namja who hugged her now was already fall for someone else was like a bitter poison that she must to swallow.

“I’m sorry Shin Hye-yah… It’s my fault…” Yong Hwa said as he let Shin Hye buried her head at crook of his neck and let cried her heart out.

“If only I didn’t say yes, everything won’t be turn to complicated and frustrating like this. I’ve never meant to do it.. I’ve never meant to hurt you I’m really sorry Shin Hye-yah…” He said whole heartedly, admitting that if only he didn’t agree in the first place, this, complicated relationship between the two of them won’t be exist. He could only held Shin Hye’s tighter, hoping that it could strengthened her and lessen her pain.

“But you did… You did hurt me…” Shin Hye said faintly, between her sobs.

Yong Hwa closed his eyes and nodded several times, “I know… I know… And I’m sorry. But if I didn’t do this, you’re going to be hurt even more… Please understand Shin Hye-yah…”

Shin Hye leaned her body and gripped to Yong Hwa’s shoulder. With her teary eyes, she looked straight at his eyes.

“Leave her!” she started.

“Leave her and be with me! Your marriage is the mistake since the beginning! She’s a mistake for you!”

Yong Hwa frowned before he finally reached for her hands that was gripping tightly to his shoulder and he placed it on her lap.

“Aniyo. My marriage is not a mistake and Seo Hyun, she IS NOT a mistake, and never be a mistake for me. It’s our relationship that was a mistake since the beginning. I should’ve not give us a chance in the first place!” Yong Hwa countered with a cold gaze of his that made Shin Hye froze on her seat.

“Park Shin Hye, can’t you see? I’m not in love with you anymore and if we insist to let this relationship to be happen ,we won’t get anything! We, you, me, and Seo Hyun will only got hurt!”

“I don’t care! I don’t care! I don’t care if she’s hurting or you hurting as long as you’re with me then it means I’ll be fine!”

Yong Hwa gaped as he shook his head in disbelief. This girl, really. How could I make you understand? He screamed in his mind.

“Look… Shin Hye, we’re still be friend and do everything that friends could do, just like what I said, but one thing, I can’t be with you… I’ll hurt her if I do that, so please, let it be easier for all of us”

“But you said that you can’t guarantee yet whether what you feel for her is love or not!” Shin Hye argued, voice full of hatred.

Yeah, true. What just she said was true. Yong Hwa was still confused with his feeling to be honest. He didn’t sure yet whether he really loves Seo Hyun or not. Loving someone new wasn’t a simple task to do for him, since all of his life the only woman that stayed in his mind was only Shin Hye, Shin Hye, and Shin Hye. Breaking up with her, was like breaking his huge wall for taking a big step to him. Though his feeling for Seo Hyun was somehow was still faltering, but there’s one thing that made him sure to risking his relationship with Shin Hy, and that is

“Yes, but she’s everything to me” Yong Hwa said smoothly, firmly, and with his eyes locked on hers and without even e blink.

Feeling humiliated by Yong Hwa’s act who made her begged and pleaded to not leaving her when Yong Hwa was still as stubborn as ever and choose to protect his marriage and even announce that his wife is everything for him, for Park Shin Hye were just too much, too much pain to handle to the point she could no longer breath. The victory that she felt moments ago when she was having a serious talk with his wife and also with an almost same topic turned to another bitter poison that she have to swallow.

Life is ironically cruel.

She reached for her lychee yoghurt and without any doubt, she splashed right into Yong Hwa’s face.

People that was currently observed them since the moment Shin Hye sobbed when Yong Hwa asked her to break up were gasping and covered their hang opened mouth in disbelief. Well, maybe that was wuite entertaining for them to see since that kind of scene was rarely happen in the reality, though it can be found often in the drama. And next, Shin Hye pulled her hand bag roughly and stood up from her seat, dying to leave the place as soon as she can.

The waitress approached Yong Hwa and handed him a small clean towel, which is Yong Hwa gratefully took from her hand, while saying “Khamsahamnida”, then he asked for the bills and after slipping the money to the bill map and gave it to the waitress he stood and took his stepped towards the front door.

Meanwhile, Shin Hye who was half running while still crying so she didn’t even look to her front, bumped into someone’s body quite hard that made both of them fell and squealed in pain.

“Ouch! Mian!” the one who was being bumped by Shin Hye offer her apologize first.

Shin Hye was stayed still didn’t bothered to make an apologize for she was still busy to rubbed her elbow, feeling a slight pain on it

“Nicole-ah! Kwaencanha?”

Shin Hye heard man’s voice  asked the girl that she was bumped and he helped the woman to got up. The feeling of, once again, being ignored and left alone suddenly built up an anger inside her. Why’d everyone around her has someone who cared for them except her? So she got up and ready to used the woman in front of her to be the object of Shin Hye’s tantrums.

“HEY IDIOT! WATCH OUT WHEN Y—“

Shin Hye caught off guard when she recognized the man who was helping the woman in front of her.

“Shin Hye?” the man asked, with a slight cold tone in his voice.

“Oh… Min—Min Hyuk-ah” Shin Hye stuttered, startled because Kang Min Hyuk—Yon Hwa’s hoobae who hates her like hell ever since Shin Hye left Yong Hwa for Geun Suk—was caught him cursed at someone, when all of these times since she got back with Yong Hwa, Shin Hye was always act to be someone modest and humble and sweet, far from that kind of behavior, in order to melted his heart so he can give his bless for her relationship with Yong Hwa.

“I yeoja-ga ahra?” Nicole asked him in annoyed tone, feeling irritate because Shin Hye was the one who bumped her and when she kindly apologize first, Shin Hye was shouting and even calling her stupid.

Min Hyuk looked at her and nodded, “Oh…”

Just then Yong Hwa stepped out from the front door, saying “Shin Hye wait!” and reached for her hand, trying to stopped her move.

It wasn’t because Yong Hwa din’t want her to leave, but Yong Hwa felt responsible to take her home after the shocking problems that he was uttered to her earlier, and also from what Yong Hwa knew about her traits, Yong Hwa afraid Shin Hye was so easy to admit suicide whenever she felt down.

The three of them threw their gaze at him. And that made all of them except Shin Hye were surprised. Yong Hwa was surprised because he met with Nicole and Min Hyuk, in this kind of situation, while Min Hyuk and Nicole also feel the same but added with Yong Hwa’s shirt that look unpresentable for the left strain by lychee yoghurt.

“Hyung….” Min Hyuk said, which is more heard like a whispered.

“Yong Hwa-ssi….” Nicole said hangingly, as her eyes now looked down at Yong Hwa’s hand who held Shin Hye’s wrist.

“…..Are…are you with her?” she added, and almost look at him in horror.

 Yong Hwa released his hand from hers immediately.

“Yes! No! I mean—“

“She’s our friend Nicole-ah, one of a doctor at SNUHospital too” Min Hyuk said to Yong Hwa’s rescue, as he looked at Nicole then to Yong Hwa.

“I bet you’re having a discuss about Mr. Lee’s case, right Hyung?” Min Hyuk asked, throwing his signal to Yong Hwa through his gaze.

“Ne… Ne.. He was right!”

Shin Hye was about to argued but Min Hyuk act smarter by suddenly grabbed Nicole’s wrist then said

“We’ll get inside first Hyung and Doctor Park… We’re really dying to eat. So, excuse us” Min Hyuk didn’t even bothered to hear their answered, but Yong Hwa caught his last glare silently saying we-have-to-talk-about-this.  While Nicole just followed where Min Hyuk lead her obediently, since it was the first time Min Hyuk held her hand as tight as that.

And after that, Yong Hwa took Shin Hye’s hand and lead her to his car, this time Shin Hye didn’t protest and followed him.

When they got inside, Yong Hwa decided to called Gyu Ri and told her to came to Shin Hye’s apartment. At times like this, it was impossible for let Shin Hye got back to the hospital, she won’t be focused woth her work anyway. So, Yong Hwa decided to just take her home and assured that she was being accompany by someone to prevent her for doing something stupid.

On the other hand, inside the café Nicole was so quite while waiting for their order. Something made her feel uneasy about her first meeting with Shin Hye, but she didn’t know why.

“Nicole?”

Nicole snapped back and landed her eyes on the figure in front of her, “Ah..ne?”

“Are you okay? Why are you so quiet?” he probed.

“I’m fine… I’m just… Min Hyuk-ah, what’s her name again?”

“Huh? Nugu?”

“That woman, who was cursing at me” Nicole said dryly.

“Ah… Shin Hye. Park Shin Hye”

“Are you close with her?”

“Huh? Uhm….not really… Wae?”

“Is he? I mean Yong Hwa-ssi, is he close with her?”

Min Hyuk almost chocked by his saliva upon hearing her words. But despite answering her question, Min Hyuk asked her.

“Why did you want to know?”

“Huh? Just… I’m just curious... I have a strange feeling about her… Like… This is not our last meeting”

Min Hyuk gulped, but decided to just answered her.

“We’ve been friends since college, she and Yong hyung were from the same batch…” he said, trying to hid the main point though.

“Ah….jjinjja? That’s it?” she probed suspiciously.

Three seconds passed and Min Hyuk could only looked at her, contemplating whether he tells her the truth or not, before finally he decided to just shut up and didn’t interfere with his hyung’s life.

“Ne… that’s it”

“I’m sorry for making you waiting soonim… Here’s your order….

Save by the bell. Min Hyuk thought. Because the moment when the waitress came to served them their orders, Nicole already turned her gaze to the foods and looking so excited. Deep down inside, Min Hyuk was relieved because for this girl in front of her, foods will never being beat down by anything else.

***

(Saint Mary’s Hospital)

“This may lead to congestive heart failure, Song Joong Ki-ssi”

“……..What? No… I mean… Doctor, you must be mistaken. Maybe this…” Joong Ki paused to point to the CT scan result that was placed on dr. Lee’s table.

“Maybe this…got accidently exchanged with someone else, Seo Hyun is alright… she’s fine” Joong Ki argued.

“Song Joong Ki-ssi, I’m the one who process all the CT scan of Seo Joo Hyun-ssi, there’s no way that the result was got accidently exchanged” doctor Lee explained patiently.

Joong Ki was speechless, even though it was hard to admit but what doctor Lee just said was true, and that made him scare even more.

“But she never tell me doctor….” He reasoned, feeling already desperate about the reality that he face right now.

“Maybe she was confused about what is the right way to tell you about this. I believe that it’s hard for her too, Joong Ki-ssi”

“Now, look at this Song Joong Ki-ssi…” doctor Lee continued, as he point with his pen to the X-Ray photo that showed the photograph of a heart.

Joong Ki obeyed and paid attention on it.

“Here is Joo Hyun-ssi’s heart, can you see that the this part….” Dr. Lee paused as he made a circular motion with his pen at the left side on Seo Hyun’s heart.

“….is looks swelling and bigger than the other part?”

Joong Ki nodded, feared started to built inside him.

“This is the left ventricle, her left ventricle was unnormally getting bigger that’s why her blood couldn’t be transferred to her body in the right way”

“…….And what is necessary to do to make her safe?”

“Surgery. If her condition is getting worse than this, she needs to do the surgery immediately, so we can  to change her current valve with a mechanic one”

Joong Ki gulped, “Sur….surgery…?”

“Yes, but we can only do that if her condition is well enough to take a surgery treatment. We can’t do that if the blood pressure was too low or too high, because it can only caused her in danger if we insisted to take the operation for her. And also, the surgery treatment for this case was quite risky, so even after we confirm the operation to change the mitral valve, there’s still no guarantee that her condition will fully recovered. I’m sorry to tell you this but, as her husband you really need to know about everything relate to her condition and her illness, Song Joong Ki-ssi”

 “God………..” Joong Ki leaned in his seat as he covered his face with his both palms trying to absorb every single words that doctor utter about Seo Hyun’s condition.

“So….so the surgery is the only way to safe her?” he asked, full of hope.

“I can’t say this is the only way, but...due to the medical treatment, that is the best thing that we, as a doctors could do for her”

“What do you mean by that?” Joong asked, frowning.

“Song Joong Ki-ssi, I don’t mean to be pessimistic here or erase your hope to make Joo Hyun-ssi safe, but… there are many cases of the MVR operation, that even they got their valve changed their condition turned even worse due to the complication after the surgery. Sometimes the body itself neglected to being planted a strange material inside, so whether the operation is turn to a success or a failure is depend on the patient condition. How strong their immune system, how strong their body could bear the strange material being planted inside, and of course the most important is, how big their willing to life and fight their illness”

 “But, she’s alright for now, Song Joong Ki-ssi…” doctor Lee added, hoping that it would ease Joong Ki’s worries even a bit.

Joong Ki straightened his position and got his attention back to him.

“How’s her condition now?”

“She’s fine, enough… though she still feels weak. It was because she didn’t take her medicines properly, so her heart got infected by germs and bacterias, that was one of many reasons that made her ventricle swelling, and caused she feels exhausted more often”

“Does she need to be hospitalized Doctor Lee?”

Doctor Lee smiled and shook his head lightly “No it’s not necessary, you can take her home for now. But remember don’t let her got exhausted and please make sure that she took her medicine. And also, please do have a talk with Joo Hyun-ssi about what we were discussed earlier, the sooner she get the surgery then it means the better for her. Before her condition got worse and we won’t do that to be happening”

Joong Ki nodded firmly, “Yes, of course, of course I’ll discuss everything with her”

Doctor Lee nodded then said, “Well then, here’s the CT scan result, and now you can take Seo Joo Hyun-ssi home” Dr. Lee handed the CT scan result after he put it inside the brown envelope, and smiled to him warmly as he stood from his seat and offering his hand for a shake.

“Thank you, thank you so much Dr. Lee”

***

The more I try to forget you, the closer you come to me and I hate you for that

Because with that distance, I can’t touch you but I can’t not see you either

I’ll smile so you won’t figure out my heart completely

Because I won’t be able to give you this heart in the end

Seo Hyun was staring at the ceiling of her room absentmindedly. The moment she woke up after got fainted hours ago, she was confused with the unfamiliar situation as her surrounding. She was still felt a bit dizzy but it was better now the painful throbbed in her heart was also disappear now, and Seo Hyun grateful for that. When she was blackout, she was totally afraid that it was their last time in this world, but apparently God still show her his grace, so she couldn’t be more thankful than that. She looked at her circumstances, and finally realized that she was in one of the room at the hospital. When she felt that she got her sense back, she decided to sat up, though she felt her body was so sore.

“How’s your feeling?”

The voice made her jolt in surprised and turned her head to the source of the voice. It was not a ghost, just Song Joong Ki, who looked at her so coldly with his gaze, though she could feel there was a concern in his voice.

“Better…” she answered shortly.

Joong Ki sat up from the couch that was placed at the corner of the room then he walked to approached her.

“Why did you here? I—I mean, how—how come?” Seo Hyun asked, because from what she remembered before she finally lost her conscious was, she met Shin Hye, then she saw Yong Hwa drove his car together with Shin Hye, and she felt so dizzy, and then she fainted. She didn’t remember if ever she called Joong Ki before she got fainted.

“Such a long and unpleasant story so don’t mind it. You’re fine, and that’s what’s matter for now” Joong Ki said plainly.

“Oppa…” she called, but avoided his eyes, so she just looked straight to her lap. She could guess, that Joong Ki already found out about her condition now so there was no use for her to cover it anymore. She didn’t know what to say to him, so she called him.

“What?”

“Let’s go home…” she suggested, still without looking at her eyes.

“Seo Joo Hyun look at me” Joong Ki ordered, avoiding what she said to him earlier.

Slowly, Seo Joo Hyun lifted her head and looked at him. Joong Ki was already grasping to the big brown envelope that looked familiar for her. It must be the CT scan result, she thought, for she had like, tons of it in her bedroom.

“Mind to tell me?” Joong Ki asked coldly as he swayed the envelope.

“……Oppa….”

“I wait for your answer Seo Joo Hyun”

Joong Ki said without a blink, but to his surprised, Seohyun wasn’t answered his question but she covered her face with her inner palms and her soft cries turned to a sobbed.

Joong Ki was panicked upon seeing her sobbing so painfully like that, it was his first time to see her crying so hard like that, so he pulled her to his embrace, and patted her back lightly, silently saying “It’s okay, I’m here…”. Though Seohyun didn’t hug him back and still put her hands to covered her face, but he didn’t mind it, being with her and stay by her side when she needed him was more than enough for him.

“I’m sorry Hyun-ah… I was just so worried… I’m sorry for being harsh on you…”

“……Jackie oppa…” she said

And that made Joong Ki’s hand that was patting her back earlier stopped right there, couldn’t believe that Seohyun called her the way she called him years ago, long time ago.

“ I wanna go home…..” she continued.

Joong Ki leaned back to released her and smiled warmly at her, saying “Okay, let’s go home”

“….Busan… take me to Busan, oppa…”

Joong Ki frowned, but he stopped himself from questioning her though.

“Ahrasseo. Let’s take you home, to Busan” Joong Ki said, with a warm smile still curved on his lips and slowly he lifted Seohyun’s head and wiped away her tears.

***

Let me love you for just one more day – this is the lie I say again

But when I see you, I forget about it as I give you a smile

And I fall in love with you again

 

Without asking too much, Joong Ki took Seo Hyun to the Seoul station and bought to ticket for them to Busan. On their way to he Seoul station, he told Seohyun that he asked Kwang Soo a favor to take her car at the Mango Six and drove it to her apartment, which is only replied by Seohyun with a weak “Khamsahamnida”, so Joong Ki decided to just let her with her thought for she looked like wasn’t in the mood of talking anyway.

Their train went in 7 pm, so while waiting for their train to came, Joong Ki and Seo Hyun ate kimbap and having a warm tea for their dinner.  And when they finally sat on their seat in the train, Joong Ki told her to just take a short nap, he’ll woke her up when they arrived in Busan.

“2 hours is enough to regained your energy, don’t you think?” Joong Ki suggested.

And Seohyun thought that it wasn’t a bad idea either, and even better than having a serious talk with Joong Ki if she didn’t sleep. So, the former offer was appealing though.

Seohyun grateful that she was using her 2 hours of their road to Busan from Seoul was really a best decision, because it was true, she felt much better and energized now. And she was planning to take a full sleep the moment she got home. Joong Ki was insisted to accompany her until she reached her house, but Seohyun refused it politely, saying that her parents must be questioning her because Seohyun was accompanied by another man to her house, and finally Joong Ki agreed then said that he would just go back to Seoul right away.

“Really, thank you so much oppa….” Seohyun said wholeheartedly as she bowed to Joong Ki.

“Yah… Don’t bow like that to me, it makes me feel like an elder here”

“But you’re indeed an elder. Hahaha” Seohyun joked, trying to boost up the mood and wiped away the cloudy atmosphere between them, ever since they drove away from the hospital.

Joong Ki only chuckled, relieved to finally could see her laugh and her smile again, the first one on this day.

And just like that with one last hug from Joong Ki while saying “Take care…”,which is only replied by a light patted on the back by Seohyun, they finally took their different way.

Fortunately, it was only 20 minutes to reached her house form Busan station by a taxi. On her way to go home, Seohyun was already feeling excited to imagine that in 20 minutes she’ll safe in her mother embrace and the kiss from her father on hier forehead will surely erased every bitter things that she had experienced just now.

So, the second she stepped out from the taxi, Seohyun already called her mother even before she was fully inside the house.

“Ommaaa! Appaaaa!” She said in a loud voice as she was walking in a full speed to her house.

Her mother already got the door opened for her, cheering happily to see her daughter “Oh.. Joohyun-ah!! “Why didn’t you tell me that you’ll be going home?”

 “Omma, I miss you sooooo much” Seohyun said as she hugged her mother tightly, ignoring her mother question

Seohyun’s mom sensed something wrong with her daughter, so she leaned back and observed her daughter face.

“My daughter….what’s wrong? Are you sick?”

Really, mother’s intuition is no joke. Seohyun thought.

She shook her head lightly, “Aniyo, I’m just miss you…”

Mrs. Seo smile and nodded her head, didn’t want to argue her, though she knew that it wasn’t the only reason why’d she behave like that.

“Did you go here alone?”

“Ani, I was with my friend, but we’re going to the opposite way”

“Ah…. Yong Hwa-neun?”

“Ne?!” Seohyun asked in surprised.

“Where’s Yong Hwa?” Mrs. Seo asked her again.

“Ah…. Uhm… Oppa…is still in Anyang..”

“I see…” Mrs. Seo didn’t asked too much, for she already knew that her son-in-law was often sent to take care of patients in another city and even province.

Her mother was smiling then together they got in.

Mrs. Seo offer her to eat first but Seohyun said that she wanted to just take a bath and go to sleep, reasoning that she already eat before she got home. Mrs. Seo just let her, didn’t have a heart to let her awake any longer witnessing Seohyun’s face who really look tird like she didn’t even have a sleep for years.

So Seohyun just go straight to her room to freshened herself and finally go sleep. It took around 30 minutes for her to take a bath and changed her clothes into a pajama. After she put on her night cream, she was ready to go to sleep, but suddenly she felt thirsty, so she decided to go wonstairs and got some water in the kitchen.

But when she stepped out from her room and was about to go downstairs, she was frowning.

“Joo Hyun is in her room, just go upstairs Yong Hwa-yah”

 

Yong Hwa? Yong Hwa oppa is really here?

 

“Ne, algeseumnida, I’ll just go to her room ommoni”

“Ahrasseo, have a good night for both of you!” Mrs. Seo said whole heartedly.

“Khamsahamnida, good night to you too ommoni”

Seohyun was still frozen in her spot, couldn’t believe with what she just heard.

 This can’t be happening! How could he know that I’m here? I’m sure that I turned off my phone and didn’t informed anyone that I’m here!

Then he heard a footsteps approached to her spot. So she turned her heels immediately and got in to her room, turned off the lamp and only left the dim light from her keroro lamp beside her bed that was , then buried herself with her thick pink bed cover up to her neck. She turned her body to he right side, so he got her back on her room door. Then she heard her door was being knocked.

“Seohyun-ah?”

Seohyun mouth hang opened after hearing the voice that was just called her.

It’s really him! Omma, eottokhae??

“Seohyun-ah, are you already sleep?” he asked again, but now it followed by a click sound from the door knob.

Seohyun shut her eyes right away, pretending to be sleep.

She heard him sighing before coming approached her.

“So…you’re already sleep?” Yonghwa said, as he caressed Seohyun’s cheek with his palm.

Seohyun bet her cheek must be flushed right now, but she hoped that Yong Hwa didn’t see it.

She wasn’t recovered yet of her jumping heart for Yonghwa’s touch on her cheek but the action that Yong Hwa made latter was successfully made Seohyun frozen, fully.

She felt her blanket was being left then soon, she felt Yonghwa’s body lied beside her and also, circle his hand on her waist, and even pulled him closer to him. His hand now rest on her stomach then rubbed it solely with his inner palms, and that was surely, definitely, successfully, made her heart beat faster than ever.

“…….Hyun-ah…bogoshippeo…nomu bogoshippeosseo….” He said with a husky voice, as he nuzzled on her neck.

Seo Hyun wan’t so sure whether she still breathing or not. She could feel his warm breath on her neck, and it didn’t make her better. Seo Hyun wasn’t sure, whethere she was floating or still lied on her bed right now. Because it was their first time, sharing this kind of intimation, and it beyond her imagination that Yong Hwa could do that to her.

Seohyun could feel that his arm that was circled on her waist was tightened. She felt like dying already.

“Why did you always sleep whenever I miss you? You’re so cruel, you know it?”

But Seohyun didn’t budge, she didn’t even answered him, still pretending to sleep.

“Seo Hyun-ah….do you miss me?”

Seohyun had no idea, why’s he behave like this so sudden. Did he hit by a car or something?

Why’d you keep turning my world upside down? Why’d you keep playing with my heart like this? Why oppa? Why? I hate you Jung Yong Hwa! I hate you! I hate you!

“Seohyun-ah…. I’m sorry… Forgive oppa…oh?”

I won’t forgive you! Once second you make me feel like I'm in hell and one second you make me feel like I’m in heaven. What are you Jung Yong Hwa??!

“Seohyun-ah…..don’t pretend to sleep”

Let me forget you for just one day – these are the words that I can’t keep

If I don’t see you, I’ll hurt again, I’ll cry

But I still promise myself

I’m between heaven and hell because of you

 

*************************************************************************************

Aigoooo finally, I’ve finished this chapter. Fyuhhh

So sorry for making you wait, but I hope this chapter is worth the wait J)

 

Really, thank you so much for keep reading this story and still eager to follow the update. Jeongmal, manhi khamsahamnida ^^ (bow)

And also, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your heartwarming comments, you guys are jinnjja DAE to the BAK. You must be people with gold heart and I always wishing you a good luck.

I hope you’re going to enjoy reading this story and will kindly drop your comment. It really means a lot for me if you do soo J

And oh, also THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the SUBBIES, THE VOTERS, GOSH YOU’RE AMAZING ^^

PS: Congratulations for IM YOON AH – LEE SEUNG GI and also CHOI SOO YOUNG – JUNG KYUNG HO, hope you guys last <3 :*

PSS: Congrats for studying with the same college as your buin, Jung Yong Hwa-ssi . Are you sure, you’re going to be focused on your study when your buin is around? Or hanging out with her namja’s friends? *cough*

G2G now, but I’ll be back for replying your comment ^^

YONGSEO FIGHTING <3