Face To Face

When The Rainbow Faded

 

BGM: Sung Hoon – Look At You

I turned around in case you see my heart
I pretend nothing’s wrong and look far away
I don’t even know since when but you enter
And fill up an empty part of my heart

Flashback

(SNU Hospital)

Yonghwa was sitting on the chair at his office room, with his right hand holding his i-phone. He was on the line with Minhyuk, apologizing that he had to cancel the plan for he already promise him to get their lunch together.

“Mianhae Minhyuk-ah, I promise I’ll treat you on the next lunch…”

“Ayeee dwaesseo Hyung. It’s okay, we’ll meet again at the dorm anyway. Take your time…”

“Thank you Minhyuk-ah”

“Ne…”

After Yonghwa put down the phone, he was preparing himself to meet Seohyun. He took off his white jacket and covered his chair with it. Yonghwa was searching for his car key on his desk, since it was covered by the medical documents from his patient, when he heard his door was being knocked.

“Ne…Come in…” He answered simply, without asking who was knocking his door first, without even taking a glimpse, and kept focusing to searching his car key.

The door being opened by someone who was knocking the door earlier.

“Annyeong…”

Later he knew, that someone was no other than a woman, a woman that he knew clearly.

Yonghwa froze on his seat as his brows were furrowed and grasping the car key that he had finally found tight, to précising that he wasn’t mistaken, he lift his head for a checked. And he was right.

There she was. A beautiful girl that he has been love, admire, and disappeared for years, suddenly popped up in his life, one more time.

“I hope I’m not disturbing you” she said, and took her seat without waiting Yonghwa to let her sit.

Yonghwa was still in an expressionless state. It was because he didn’t know what was the right feeling that he should feel, whether be happy by seeing her again after the suicidal call from her at his wedding night, or should he be angry  for she was left him for another guy. It was their first meeting again after that day.

But no, he can’t never be angry at her. Whatever her mistakes, he just can’t treat her badly. He sighed in defeat, and could only gave his cold expression to her as his disappointment that he felt for her after all those years.

“What are you doing here?” Yonghwa asked, continuing his cold expression.

Shin Hye felt uneasy as she was witnessing Yonghwa’s cold expression. Back then, he never showed him that kind of expression, instead he always tried to make her smile and laugh, a lot, and also he always forgave her mistakes.

“Uhm….I’m…currently….work..here…” Shin Hye hung her words

That statements caught Yonghwa’s attention even more.

He frowned and asked her in disbelief, “What? Work here? Since when?”

“I was applying around last month, Gyu Ri helped me for the applications for and everything related. And not long after I applied, I got a called from hospital the a week ago, since they were in needed for neurologist, plus, I was one of SNU’s best student back then,  so…yeah, I’m here” Shin Hye explained, and smiled warmly to him.

From his body language, Shin Hye knew that Yonghwa listened to every words that she was uttered, though he didn’t show any responds for that.

“Yonghwa…can we talk?” Shin hye asked, hesitantly.

But Yonghwa remained silent and just stared at Shin Hye’s eyes.

“Please. Don’t kill me with that look” Shin Hye asked, then she looked down.

A second passed…turning to three….six….and after ten seconds, Yonghwa blurted out.

“Why did you come now?” He asked, out of nowhere, still in a cold voice.

That made Shin Hye startled and lifted her head to looked at him while saying “Ne?”

That kind of responsed, wasn’t what she was expecting before, remembering that night when she called him, he just came right away and even brought her to the hotel and let her get rested peacefully there. Although she was drunk back then, but she could feel that he was so loving, caring, and treated her really well like he always did to her.

“Where were you these past years?” He asked once again.

“Nan….naega…”

Yonghwa got up from his seat, grasping his car key tightly, and stared at Shin Hye who was still searching for the right words as the answered for Yonghwa’s question. That sudden move from Yonghwa made Shinhye cut her words looked up at him.

“I’m sorry but I already have an appointment, I’ll talk to you later”

Finished with his words, Yonghwa stepped out from his desk then stepped towards the door. Shinhye followed his moves with her eyes as she also got up from her seat.

“Yonghwa wait…” Shin hye begged, she got her hands grasping Yonghwa’s wrist.

Yonghwa paused, glancing to his wrist that being grasped by Shinhye. Knowing that maybe Yonghwa didn’t like her act, Shinhye slowly loosened her grasped and finally released it.

“Let’s talk first. You know we need to talk”

Yonghwa just let her and continued his intention to left the room. Soon, he was holding the door knob, ready to stir it and got the door open, but Shinhye held it too, she covered his hand with hers. She looked at him deeply while Yonghwa did the same thing, and started to begged again.

“Please….Let’s talk…I’ll explain everything….I can explain…”

Still, Yonghwa remained silent, but now he was considering something. Shinhye was right. They do need to talk. He needed to find out the reason why did she left him. Eventhough Yonghwa admitted, that he loved Shinhye more than she loved him, he also knew that that Shinhye loved someone before they finally become a couple, but still he couldn’t resist the love that he had for Shinhye in his heart. Since they first met in their first year at their SNU, it was always Yonghwa who chased after her until finally he managed to made Shinhye his. But leaving him like that, also hurting him, he needed to find out, he needed to understand. He admitted that he was such a moron, but he just loved her like that, despite everything, there was only her, she’s always been his priority, at least until this second.

“Okay, just wait outside, there’s something I’ve to take care of first”

Shinhye smiled widely. Satisfied, for her winning. Happy that after all those years she still got effects at Yonghwa.

She agreed right away and left the room, waiting for him outside.

Yonghwa was having a big sigh, feeling that what he was just going to do feels wrong too. But, what can he do if the girl that he loves was there asking him to have a talk with her?

You’re really such a moron Jung Yong Hwa. He thought.

So, he took out his phone from his trouser’s pocket and dialed a number.

At the third line tone, the person picked up his called, then he uttered his words.

“Oh..Seohyun-ah.. It’s me”

Yes, I thought it’d be easy
To ignore my heart and turn away
But I was stupid because the more
I push away, the more it rises
And only you, who got clearer, remains

End of Flashback

***

On their way to got their lunch, the two ex-lover were just silent. Only the sound from the car engine that faintly heard. Yonghwa just drove his car and got his eyes locked on the road, while Shinhye was silently taking glance at him, hesitating whether she should start the conversations or not.

Shinhye cleared before finally asked him.

“Uhm…where are we going?”

“Mango six” Yonghwa answered shortly, gripping the steering wheel and eyes still sharply stared to the road.

“People might misunderstand us, it’s better to get a farther place to talk” he added.

Shin hye wanted to argued his “People might misunderstand us” sentence, but she decided not to, since she knew that Yonghwa was still unfriendly with her. So she just responded with a short “Ah….” And was nodding lightly.

And that was it. For the rest of the road, they remained the silence, not knowing what to say nor what to do.

Well, we’ll talk much later anyway. Shin hye thought.

Around 40 minutes later, they were arrived at the directed place. Yonghwa went out from his car and followed by Shin hye. Shin hye couldn’t stand the awkwardness between them. This is not what they supposed to be, she assumed. As Yonghwa walked ahead, Shin hye speeded up, matching her pace with his, and after contemplating for several seconds, she had finally decided.

Shin hye hooked his arm with hers. Yonghwa stopped his track and turned his head to the left, was frowning when he found that Shin hye was hooking his arm and smiled at him. Without a word, Yonghwa decided to used his right hand to loosened Shin hye’s arm from his. After it got released, Yonghwa continued to walked.

Sin hye was startled with his act, but she didn’t give up, and hooking her arm with his again.

“Shin Hye”

“Wae? Andwae?”

“Let go” he responded shortly as he pulled his left hand from her.

“Shiro” Shinhye said, stubbornly hooking his arm with hers again.

Then Yonghwa let her. He continued to walked and got in to the caffé, with Shin hye’s arm hooked in his.

***

Joong Ki, Yonghwa, and Shin hye were sat at the same table. Shin hye was the on who was blabbering and dominated the conversation.

“What a coincidence that we met here! I went to your exhibition in Japan Song Joong Ki-ssi, around….six months ago? If I’m not mistaken?”

Joong Ki nodded and smiled to her, before he answered with “Yes, you’re right Park Shin Hye-ssi, and thank you for coming”

To be honest, Joong Ki wasn’t in the mood to talked with someone. But, refusing and treated the one who likes your works wasn’t a polite manner either. So, he decided to just bear it, and at the right time he’ll excuse himself.

Shin hye waved her hand then said “Please, just call me Shin hye. And, yeah, you’re welcome. I love your work of art, really. Your photographs, your sketchs, I love all of it”, then she turned her head to looked at Yonghwa who was his drink.

“You should see it too Yonghwa. Let’s go together if Joong Ki-ssi hold another exhibition, okay?” She suggested, a cheerful smile not leaving her face.

Seeing her smile that he missed so much, he had no guts to refused her, so he just answered her with “Oh…”

Shin hye her strawberry-mango juice, and she stopped it abruptly, couldn’t hold her question.

“Ah! I’m curious. How did you two could meet?” she asked, hands still holding her drink.

“Keuge…that day, when you were drunk, we met in the elevator. Joong Ki-ssi helped me” Yonghwa explained shortly.

“Oh? So it was you Shin Hye-ssi? I’m sorry for just recognizing Jung Yong Hwa-ssi, I couldn’t see your face clearly. I’m sorry for my impolite manner” Joong Ki said, nodding his head.

And that made Shin hye embarrassed. Meeting artist that you adore in a drunk state wasn’t a good impression though.

She waved her hand as she said “An—anni..anni…you don’t have to be sorry. It’s me who should be sorry for burdening you back then. It must be annoying to be at the same elevator with a drunk yeoja”

“It wasn’t a burden Shin hye-ssi. I don’t mind it.”

“Thank you Joong Ki-ssi…” Shin hye nodded, still emberassed with Joong Ki.

“Anniyo…” Joong ki smiled.

“I think we can talk comfortably now. You already know about the course that I focused in, uhm..how about telling me yours?” he continued, then smiled warmly to Yonghwa and Shin hye.

Talking with people when you got frustrated over something was one of the best cure anyway, plus it can help you to threw away your frustrassing thoughts even for just a little while, Joong Ki thought.

“Ne! Of course!” Shin hye exclaimed.

Then she continued “Well, we’re a doctor at SNU Hospital. Yonghwa is a surgeon, and I’m a neurologist”

“Whooaa…so both of you is a doctor?”

“Ne!” Shin hye exclaimed cheerfully.

While Yonghwa just smiled at him.

“Oh right, Joong Ki-ssi. There’s something that I really curious about. Your sketch, I heard you always bring that one sketch to all your exhibition. It’s really a beautiful sketch, I really love it” She praised honestly, and smiled warmly at him.

What just Shin hye said made his frustration thought about Seohyun that he had threw for a minutes, just simply came back to his head.

Joong Ki just answered her with “Ne?”, as he raised his eyebrow. Hoping that Shin hye talked about another sketch of his, although he knew that there’s only one sketch that he never change and always show in all his 5 exhibitions.

“The one that titled “Everlasting Sunset”, it’s really such an amazing work art Joong Ki-ssi. And the girl on the sketch is also beautiful. It’s just a perfect sketch” Shin hye praised him again whole heartedly.

“Ah….ne….khamsahamnida….”

“Uhm… Perhaps… She’s your girlfriend?” Shin hye asked him with a mischievous smile.

“Ne?!” Joong Ki asked in surprised.

“Well.... From all of your sketch that you were showing at your exhibitions, you only had one sketch of a woman, that sketch must be really meaningful to you, so I assumed that that yeoja on the sketch is your yeoja chingoo…”

“Ah…..” he responded and looked down, couldn’t find the right sentence to answer Shin Hye.

The memories of the times at his high school years where he still had Seohyun in his life was evitable to flashed in his head. Suddenly the depressed and frustrated he felt dominates him and it made Joong Ki decided to leave that place. Fortunately, his phone was ringing, Joong Ki was apologizing to Yonghwa and Shin hye for cutting the convo to picked up the phone called. It was from Kwang Soo, asking him where was him.

“Ahrasseo”

With his last sentence. Joong Ki excused himself from Yonghwa and Shin hye, telling him that something urgent must be handle by him on his office. While the truth was Kwang Soo only asked Joong Ki to buying him lunch, deokbeokki and fishcakes.

“It’s really nice to have talked with you Yonghwa-ssi, Shin hye-ssi” Joong Ki said ans he stood up from his seat and offering to shake hand to Yonghwa first.

Yonghwa shook his hand as he said “Ne…I hope we’ll meet again in the future”

“Yeah. Of course!” Joong Ki agreed, and offering his hand to Shin hye.

“I’m really grateful to meet you here, in Seoul” Shin hye said.

“And ah! May you informed me if you hold the exhibition, here, in Korea?” she continued.

“Sure!” he exclaimed and smiled to her.

Shin hye wa squeezing her bag, looked like trying to find something. And she took out a little square paper and handed it to Joong Ki.

“Here is my name card Joong Ki-ssi…”

“Okay, thank you. And…..” Joong Ki paused as he took out his name card from his left pocket of his shirt.

“Here is my name card….”

“Whooaaa… Thank you so much Song Joong Ki-ssi…”

“You’re welcome. Well, I must leave now. Annyeonghigyeseyo…” Joong Ki bowed at them.

And the two also gave their bowed to him and just like that Yonghwa and Shin hye left alone there.

***

Joong Ki was sitting alone at the bar of the EXO Club, though it was still noon but his messed up mind couldn’t be handle. He needed something to distract all of his thought. And for now, drinking alcohol seemed to be the best solution for him. With one last shot, he finished his first vodka, and now he was asking the bartender to served him more with another bottle of vodka.

But still it didn’t made him better, not even a bit. His vodka taste bitter, even more. Until at one point, when he had finished his half bottle of Vodka, he couldn’t continued as he felt like there was a lump in his throat, and found it hard to breathe for him, his aching heart felt like its would explode sometime soon.

The warm liquid flowing slowly from his eyes, making his already warm cheek because of the alcohol that he drank before, got warmer. It felt like hell, really. He had thought. So he grabbed the bottle abruptly as he gulped the alcohol liquid from the bottle directly. Drinking two bottles of Vodka only made him dizzy and was blurring his vision, it didn’t make him forget about Seohyun easily, he still remembered her words, her stared, her cold expression that she had showed to him, clearly, and that were piercing him just right into his heart content. He was grasping and messing his hair with his left hand as his eyes shut tightly for the pain that he felt and the effect of the alcohol that made his head heavier and totally dizzy.

The ringing tone was faintly heard by him. He tried hard to opened his eyes but only managed to open the left eyes and he could see the LCD of his phone lighting as its kept ringing, making a fainting sound. He already got his head leaned on the table, Joong Ki tried to grabbed his phone, but the headache was just too horrible to bear, thus he had defeated and finally his eyes closed fully.

Now I will look at you
My love that cherishes deep into my heart
I don’t think I can do it
being lost and looking for you
I can’t hold onto my heart anymore

***

(Mango Six)

Yonghwa and Shin hye left alone in Joong Ki’s table. Now, it’s time for the two of them to talk about what they had wanted to talked about before they coincidentally met Joong Ki there. After Joong Ki left them, there was a several minutes when Shin hye was still blabbering about Joong Ki’s work art, but the awkwardness between them was rising again, only silence that dominated their lunch.

 “We don’t have all day Shin hye” Yonghwa finally started.

Shin hye stopped stirring her drink, and lifted her head to looked at him. Yonghwa was stared at her, with his two hands placed over the table.

“Uh….I…Uhm….”

“If you don’t have anything to say, let’s just leave then” and hw stood up from his seat.

“Ah wait Yonghwa” Shin hye stopped him by grabbing his hands.

 “I do have something to say…jebal…” she continued, her head looked up to see his eyes and waiting for his respond.

Yonghwa back to his seat, a stern look plastered on his face and eyes locked on her eyes.

“Mianhae…I was wrong about everything…..mian Yonghwa-yah…” she blurted out.

Without waiting for his respond, she continued to speak her words.

“Though what I did to you is unforgivable, but I really have to say that, I must” she said that without looking at him since she kept her head down and only interested in playing her fingernails.

Yonghwa was still silent, and just stared at her. He didn’t wanted to bother himself by arguing with her. He admitted that he’s so stupid, but all that he wanted for now is her explanation.

She decided to lifted her head when she continued her words, but her eyes looked to another direction.

“Leaving you for another guy was the biggest mistake in my life. You knew, at that time, even before we met, I already have a love in my life. But no matter what I’ve tried, he never feel the same way…..” she hang her words then looked at his two eyes.

“Then you came, you were just like me, you kept pursuing me though I was never looked at you, though I always treat you badly. Everyday we met, everyday you always find a way to talked to me, until finally I gave you a chance. In a state where I was about to forget him, he came to me out of nowhere, he said he loved me, and asking me for a chance to start everything from the very start. I was confused. I don’t know what was coming into my mind and in the end I decided to worked out with him and left you”

She took a deep breath and let out a sigh befor she continued.

“I do love you Yonghwa, please believe me, but at that time I thought that….I love Geun Suk, …..more”

Yonghwa felt something was clutching his hard and it made him hard to breath.

“And I was wrong. I  was wrong to misunderstood that the obsession of my life was the love of my life. Those years when I was leaving you to went with him to State were giving me time to figured it out. Though I needed much time, but it helped me to realized how stupid my decision was. I got used to with your presence. Your laugh, your smile, your voice, and…..your love, I miss all of it, I want to feel it again. I was blind that made me couldn’t see your true and honest feeling. I admitted that Geun Suk was love of my life. But you, Yonghwa-yah, you….you’re the only love, while Geun Suk was just an obsession for me.”

Hearing that, his cold expression turned calmer and calmer. There was a slightly relieved feeling when Yonghwa heard her confession. He didn’t care if she was lying right now, he only cares for one thing, that his love was coming back to him.

 Seeing Yonghwa’s face that turned calmer, Shin hye dared herself to reach for his hands and grasped it with her two hands.

“I was such a fool. Because of that, please don’t let me becomes a fool ‘till forever Yonghwa-yah….”

Shin hye tightened her grasped as she continued her sentence.

 “Let’s make a new start…. urin….”

Yonghwa remained silent. He couldn’t found his voice to answer her. Because now, things had changed. Everything were not the same like what had happened between them back then. Now, he’s married. Though he didn’t love his wife, at least that was he thought, but it wasn’t like he could just easily making up with Shin hye either.

Feeling down because she couldn’t get any single responded from Yonghwa. She tried to pursed him again.

“Yonghwa-yah….answer me…please?”

Yonghwa was still in his confusion. This. Making up with Shin hye Is what he wanted. But how about Seohyun? They were just married for two days, it felt so wrong if he simply dumped her. And also, how about the promise that he made to his grandmother?

So, he loosened her hands and answer her “Shin hye-yah, I’m sorry but…I’m married”

She blinked, her brows furrowed, and a chuckled came out.

“You’re lying”

I wish I were Shin Hye.

“No, I’m not”

Shin hye still got her brows furrowed, and observed Yonghwa’s face for several secods, then finally turned her gaze to his finger, trying to find any proved that he’s married.

And there. She saw it. A ring circling his fourth finger. That made was slightly opened she looked at him with teary eyes.

He looked at her, that was obvious that pain showed all over her face. Making her cry was thing that he will never want to do to her.

“Shin hye-yah…” he tried, reaching for her hands but she refused.

Shin hye stood up from her seat, then running slowly from their table. After putting some money on the table, he chased Shin hye right away.

Yonghwa pulled Shin hye’s hand quite hard when she was about to stopped a taxi, and it made her body swing to face him.

“What? Do you want me to congratulate your marriage? Ahrasseo. Chukae Yonghwa!” she said in a hurt tone, then let go her hands forcefully.

“Shin hye-yah, don’t be like this, please…”

She stared at him with her sharp eyes, as she said “No one in this world want to be with me. My mother left me, my father left me, my relative abandoned me, and now you, you're also leaving me! Everybody left me!!”

Then she kneeled down and cried out her lungs, right there, beside the street with Yonghwa stood motionless in front of her. He squatted and reached for her to pulled into his embrace.

“Don’t cry….jebal uljima…” Yonghwa said, trying to soothe her by rubbing her back.

Shin hye slowly hugged him back, burning her face in his chest, and was whispering

“Don’t leave me….please….I have no one in this world…..Yonghwa….”

He closed his eyes and frowned, was thinking what he supposed to do?

He tightened his hugged, “Ahrasseo”

***

A person I want to call out a thousand, ten thousand times
You overflow in my empty heart
Until the end of my memory-filled life
I hope I will be with you

 

(Joong Ki’s office)

It was already 5 pm, when Joong Ki slowly got up from the couch in his office with his heavy head. He still felt that his world were spinning around, he tried to opened his eyes to observed where he was.

“Ah….” He groaned faintly, as his brows furrowed then he massage his temple.

Once he managed to got up, he leaned back to support his body, he still didn’t have enough power to support his body to stood up. He observed his room and realized that it’s his office.

“How did I get here?” he asked himself.

He looked to the drawer beside the sofa and found an aspirin and water placed over it. He took it and gulped it right away, with a closing eyes.

“Oh? You woke up?” Kwang Soo asked, as he closed the door behind him.

“Hmm…” Joong Ki answered lazily, then he back to laid down on the couch, and folded his hand to cever his eyes.

Kwang Soo sat on the other couch and looked at him worriedly for he knew that his best friend is not an drunkard nor an alcoholic.

“Yah…what happened to you?”

“Nothing” Joong Ki answered shortly.

“Tch! I know I’m stupid but sometimes I’m brilliant too! I was the first place in the sewing class, remember? If nothing happened, you won’t messed up by drinking two bottles of Vodka! At least tell me your problem as an exchange for taking you here from that club. Palli tell me, what is it? What happened?”

“I’m just….. doomed”

“Huh? Wae?”

“I don’t want to talk about it Kwang Soo-yah” Joong Ki said, not moving or turning from his position.

“Aish! This guy chincha!” Kwang Soo exclaimed in annoyed.

When Kwang Soo walked and was about to left the room, when he head Joong Ki said something.

“Gomawoo Kwang Soo-yah…”

Kwang Soo turned back and found Joong Ki was looking and smiling at him.

“You should! But you still owe me my ddeokbokki and fishcake, ahra?”

Then he continued to left the room, not waiting for Joong Ki to answered him. No matter what his problem was, Kwang Soo knew that for now Joong Ki needs some spaces alone, and he will comes to him again when Joong Ki feels better.

After he left alone in his office room, Joong Ki had another hours of sleep since his headache was killing him. At least when he had slept, he could forget all of his problems even for a while, he hoped.

Taking 2 hours of sleep was the right decision that he made. Now, the pain and the feeling of having a heavy head was gone. There was still a slightly dizzy, but it was just a little, he could simply bear it. He got up from the couch and went to the rest room to washed his messed up face and looking more presentable.

When he got a clearer minds, he was starting to think about what just Seohyun explained to him, about her marriage, about her current status that she already owned by someone and it wasn’t him. It was just too sudden, all of it. He wasn’t ready to admited that he must let her go. What kind of man that she met? What kind of man that will grow old with her? Did she love him? Did he really love her? Was it a guarantee that he will never hurt her and make her cry? What will that man do to give her happiness?

He thought that he needed to confirm these. Although Seohyun’s marriage was something that he will never ready to admit, but he need to assured himself that if it wasn’t him, there must be a guarantee that the man that marrying her will never ever make her cry for pain. He checked for his watch, it showed 7.15 pm, Seohyun still in his office at this time. So, he went out from his office room heading to office that place just right across his office.

***

I didn’t know because you were always by my side
You were someone I might have not been able to see
So I was afraid that I would never see you again
I guess I loved you a lot

 

(Seohyun’s office)

Seohyun didn’t know for how long she was pacing out in her office room, glancing to the mirror, once, twice, thrice, until it reached countless. Though it wasn’t her first time to have dinner with Yonghwa, but since the former wasn’t really count as a “proper dinner”, so tonight when Yonghwa asked her to have a dinner with him, she was extremely nervous.

She heard a whistle sound behind her back, she turned right away and found out Nicole was there, leaned her body to the door with her hands acrossed over her chest and looked at her with a teasing eyes.

“Yah. Jungshin charyo! It’s your husband that you’re going to see in a minute not Jang Dong Goon. Aigooo…”

“Uhm…my husband is more handsome than Jang Dong Goon, the actor”

“Oh my God…neo micheosseo?” Nicole commented in disbelief.

“Well, at least for me he looks like that…” Seohyun turned her body and winked at her.

Nicole shook her head, confused with a childish behavior of her friend.

Seohyun walked towards her, “I leave first, okay? Annyeong!” then she kissed her cheek.

“Yah!” Nicole glared at her and got busy to palming her cheek.

Seohyun looked at her with a mischievous smile, then she ran happily while waving her hand to Nicole.

Nicole chuckled seeing her. Happiness was really showed from her face.

“It’s been a long time since I saw that cheer smile of yours, Hyunnie…”

Witnessing her friend happiness, she too felt happy, and even better, she felt content.

***

 

Now I will look at you
My love that cherishes deep into my heart
I don’t think I can do it
being lost and looking for you
I can’t hold onto my heart anymore

Once she got arrived at the main door of her building, Seohyun’s eyes captured something that she wanted to avoid. She stopped in her track when their eyes met. The guy then approached her, she inhaled a deep breath and proceed to walk towards her.

Now, that they were already standing face to face outside the buiding area, she asked him riht away “What is it sunbaenim?”

Keura. I should be happy for her happiness. If this is what she really wants, even if it’s hard, I… I’ll let her…go…

“Could you grant me a wish?” he started.

Seohyun frowned, then answered “Why should I?”

“I promise, I’ll never interrupt your life again. But just grant my one last wish”

Seohyun was quite, staring at Joong Ki, whatever he’s going to say later, she didn’t have a good feeling about it. She looked considering Joong Ki’s word seriously.

She sighed, “Ahraseeo… what is it?”

“I want to meet your husband”

“Mwo?” she asked in surprised, as her eyes were widening.

“What’s the use of it?” she added.

“So I can be sure that he’s the one who will always loves you, cherish you, make you happy, and never let you cry”

Seohyun smiled bitterly hearing Joong Ki’s sentence. She didn’t know, but somehow she felt like Joong Ki words were kind of stabbing her heart, deeply, for she, herself, wasn’t sure whether her husband will does all of the things that Joong Ki said.

“Then what if he’s not the one?” she asked, but deep inside the question was more like to herself.

“I’ll snatch you away from him. No matter what.”

Seohyun smirked. “You’re impossible”

With one last glared, Seohyun made her steps and left Joong Ki. But he chased her and stopped her track once again.

“What’s his name?”

“It has nothing to do with you. Please move aside, sunbaenim”

“Answer me. At least let me know his name” Joong Ki insisted.

“For what? You don’t know him anyway. Please, I’m not in the mood to argue with you”

“I don’t want to argued you, I just want to assu--”

“Seohyun?”

Another voice was heard beside the two that were arguing in front of Seohyun’s office. Joong Ki turned his head to looked at his back, while Seohyun was swaying her body to the left, peeking who was it.

The second she found out who was the owner of the voice, a smile slowly formed on her lips, with her twinkling eyes and waving hand, she called him “Yong oppa? Wasseoyo?”

Then she ran slowly to approached him then Joong Ki turned his body fully to looked at the figure behind him clearer.

At first Yonghwa wasn’t answering him, his gaze locked at another male that was standing in front of his wife.

Seohyun confused with Yonghwa’s acted, as he suddenly in a paused mode at his position, so she called him again “Oppa?”’

That made him snapped back.

“Oh… ne…you’re rea—ready?” He stuttered.

Seohyun gasped while taking his phone from Yonghwa’s hand.

“Ne. Shall we go now?”

She smiled warmly but Yonghwa didn’t even looked at her or answered her, she frowned and followed his gaze and found that it was Joong Ki that caught Yonghwa’s attention.

Joong Ki was the same. He stared at Yonghwa’s eyes deeply, with furrowed on his brows. There was so obvious that both Joong Ki and Yonghwa were quite surprised with each other presence.

Standing beside her husband, was giving her courage to face Joong Ki and grant his wish that he was asking her minutes ago.

“Didn’t you say that you want to see my husband, sunbaenim?” She started.

But Joong Ki was stayed still, eyes locked on Yonghwa’s eyes.

“Well, he’s here” Seohyun continued.

Somehow Seohyun’s sentence scared him, for he could guess what will she uttered later. He didn’t know why’d he already got those silly assumptions in his head, but seeing Seohyun’s act, it gave him “the feeling”.

Don’t say that he’s your husb—

“He’s my husband, Jung Yong Hwa”

Joong Ki perfectly froze and rooted at his position. Suddenly it was hard to breathe for him. Suddenly his tongue turned bitter. Suddenly his eyes felt warmer.

Joong Ki frowned, with one last hope that it might be a joke.

“Nampyeon?” he asked in disbelief.

“Ne. My husband” Seohyun answered with full of determination.

But wasn’t he with Park Shin Hye-ssi? Chincha. Jeongmal maldo andwae. Then it means…it means….he’s cheating?

Yonghwa nodded lightly and smiled awkwardly to Joong Ki. While Joong Ki remained silent and rooted.

Realizing the apparent situation, made Joong Ki smirked then looked up, before finally he walked closer to them.

“Chincha maldo andwae. Igae mwoya?” he said, more to himself.

“Ann…annyeonghaseyo.. Jung Yong Hwa-imnida” Yonghwa was stuttering as he introduced himself, and offering his hands.

Joong Ki smirked again, and looked at Yonghwa with a death glared.

“Shake hands? Do we really have to do this?” Joong Ki asked Yonghwa, sarcastically. A cold and disgusted expression were clearly look on his face.

Yonghwa just silent, couldn’t find another words to answer him, since he was also got startled with the unexpected meeting with Joong Ki.

On the other hand, Seohyun assumed that Joong Ki’s behave was so rude since he didn’t even wanted to shake hands with Yong Hwa.

“Sunbaenim, how could you be so rude like this? Do I have to teach you? That when the two people introduce themselves for the first time, generally they will shake hand to show their respect to each other” Seohyun explained in annoyed.

Joong Ki just chuckled as his respond. While Yonghwa was gulping, afraid that Joong Ki would just blabbering everything about him and Shin Hye to Seohyun right at this second.

“But it’s not our first meeting, right? Yong Hwa-ssi?” he smirked as his eyes locked sharp at Yonghwa’s eyes.

A person I want to call out a thousand,
ten thousand times
You overflow in my empty heart
Until the end of my memory-filled life
I hope I will be with you
I will look at you forever

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

PEEK A BOOOOOO!!! Kekeke

Annyeong! Hello readers ^^

Well, it's another lengthy update, I'll be busy next week, so I'll make some kind of down payment for you, my loyal readers by making this long update. Hihihi. I hope the update's not make you bored or something... keke

Thanks for the subsribers and also for your lovely and heartwarming comments. Really appreciate that... Jeongmal khamsahaeyo, readers :)) *deep bow*

Feel free to comment and subscribe ^^

And, enjoy reading :D

PS: Happy Ramadhan for my fellow moslem gogumas. Fighting tll we reach the real winning^^