Chapter 7: Twilight

L.A. To Seoul

 

 

“I am busy tonight. I may not be able to go on Skype. I am sorry”

Those words lingered in Tiffany’s head. She groaned in frustration. She felt a little lonely that late afternoon, as her housemate Seohyun was going out with her university friends. She was out of idea of what she should do with no schedule to go to. She decided to rewatch her favourite movie of all time, Twilight. She was about to press play when there door bell rang. She groaned and forced herself to get the door.

She opened the door, finding there was a lady, with big bouquet of red roses hid the lady’s face. This must be from Taeyeon as an apology, Tiffany thought. She lazily get the flowers from the lady, did not even bother to look at the lady, she thanked her. To her surprise, the lady pulled her hand. Tiffany’s eyes popped out as she saw the lady’s face.

“Happy birthday” the lady said smiling. Tiffany was dumbfounded seeing Taeyeon, outside of her apartment. She was speechless. “Happy birthday” Taeyeon said again.

“Tae…Taeyeon…You…You are here?” Tiffany said not believing what she saw. “Pinch me” she favoured.

Taeyeon smiled, and right away took Tiffany’s hand. “You’re not dreaming or being delusional, my dear” she said. “Go change, let’s go for dinner” she said softly.

Tiffany invited Taeyeon in and she quickly made her way to her bedroom to change. Taeyeon sat on the couch at the cosy living room at Tiffany’s apartment. She waited for a good 15 minutes. She smiled when she saw the TV was on and a Twilight DVD box was on a table near her. She then grabbed her phone and texted someone:

Twilight please. Thank you.

As she hit send, Tiffany appeared in front of her. Taeyeon jaw dropped, suffocating, lung burst out. Tiffany was wearing the S&S pink dress she gave the previous day. Tiffany looked like a goddess, with her eyesmiles, smiling to the half-dead Taeyeon.

“Tae~” Tiffany said in her soft voice, smiling seeing Taeyeon’s reaction. “Let’s go”

 

**

 

“What are we doing here, at the Olympic Park?”

Taeyeon motioned to Tiffany to stay quiet. Taeyeon then hold onto Tiffany’s hand and lead her inside of the Olympic Gymnastic Arena in Songpa-gu, Seoul. It was an indoor stadium where gymnastic competitions were held.

Tiffany was surprised when the both of them entered the empty, 14,730-seat arena. The light had been dimmed, at the centre of the arena was a table set for two with candles, steak and pasta, with two empty wine glasses, and a bottle of wine of course. Taeyeon lead the dumbfounded Tiffany to the table, pulling out the chair for her. Tiffany sat, looking at her surrounding, not believing it. Taeyeon poured the wine in the glasses. Taeyeon then sat across from her. She smiled at Tiffany.

“What are you doing, Tae?” Tiffany asked, still amazed. “Did you buy this stadium or what?”

Taeyeon chuckled at the question. “I only rent it” Taeyeon said. “I’m doing this because it’s your birthday” Taeyeon smiled again. Tiffany did not say a word, she smiled back at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon watched as Tiffany sipped the wine. Tiffany noticed. She blushed right away. She smiled shyly, putting down the glass. Taeyeon enjoyed watching her. She smiled warmly back as if to comfort the blushing Tiffany. Tiffany began to enjoy Taeyeon’s gaze. Soaking it in. Feeling Taeyeon’s eyes moved over her. From her eyes, to her nose, cheeks, lips. The curve of her neck. Slope of her shoulders. Again, Tiffany blushed. This time, so did Taeyeon. Back to sipping wine.

Taeyeon watched Tiffany as she ate. Calmly bringing the well cut steak to her lips. Taeyeon did not really eat much as she was more on watching Tiffany eating. Tiffany gazed at Taeyeon over her glass as she sipped her wine. She knew Taeyeon was watching her. They continue on, refilling the wine glasses and eating slowly. They did not speak. More on gazing each other.

Time seemed to stand still. Stopping just for them. An eternity to enjoy each other’s company. Taeyeon watched Tiffany. Tiffany being watched. Anyone could see the energy between them. It can be felt. Something surreal was happening at that table. To them, it was completely natural, existing at that moment in their own universe.

They continued eating in silence. They finished each other’s meal. Their bellies growing heavy. Their appetite nearly satiated.

Taeyeon stood up, walking towards Tiffany, bringing her chair, put it beside Tiffany’s. Tiffany only watched what Taeyeon was doing. They barely noticed a group of waiters as they took the empty plates and bring in ice cream for the two of them. A single dessert to share. A single spoon. Suddenly the screen in the arena . They were facing it correctly. Tiffany was dumbfounded when the screen was showing Twilight.

“Tae~” that was the only word came out of . Taeyeon leaned in closer and whispered into Tiffany’s ear “I knew you were about to watch this when I came to your apartment just now, I am sorry for disturbing your DVD time” she smiled.

Taeyeon reached for the dessert’s spoon when the movie was starting. She feed Tiffany a small bite. Creamy and rich. Tiffany couldn’t help but smiled with the pleasure at the sweetness of the strawberry ice cream and the sweetness of Taeyeon. Taeyeon then took a large bite with the enthusiasm of a little kid. Tiffany laughed quietly at Taeyeon’s dorky attitude. They were not really watching the movie, as they enjoyed watching each other more. It was the screen that watched them.

Then, another bite for Tiffany, this time, much larger than the first. Some was left on the end of her lips. Taeyeon leaned in closer before Tiffany could raise her napkin. Taeyeon reached for her napkin and wiped it. Tiffany smiled in her red cheeks.

After finishing the dessert, the two concerntrated on watching the movie. Halfway through the movie, Taeyeon put her right arm around Tiffany. Tiffany liked it. Then they started playing with each other’s hands, comparing sizes, then slowly lacing them together. It made Tiffany’s heart beat faster. Tiffany took in a sharp breath and glanced over at Taeyeon who was watching the movie in full concerntration. Tiffany’s cheeks scarlet red.

To Tiffany’s surprise, Taeyeon stared at her, without saying anything. A smile nervously crossed Tiffany’s lips. Taeyeon shifted a little closer to her, and their noses brushed. Taeyeon’s breath was on Tiffany’s lips, and Tiffany quivered a bit at the odd sensation. Taeyeon’s intense stare still pierced right threw and kept Tiffany’s heart beating so fast that she could barely breathe.

Without another movement to spare, Tiffany realised that Taeyeon was pressing her lips to hers. Taeyeon’s eyes were fully closed; she was concentrating on the kiss. Tiffany realised her eyes were widely opened. Slowly she closed them. The kiss stayed slowly and sweet.

Taeyeon’s hand gently moved over to Tiffany’s hip and she laid it there, rubbing slightly the exposed skin there. It was not ual, but loving, comforting. It was blissful. Tiffany’s right hand pressed against Taeyeon’s chest. But not hard, Tiffany didn’t want Taeyeon to assume that she was pressing her back. The kiss was slow and getting passionate. The two of them were lost in it. It went for a long period of time, Edward and Bella probably stopped doing what they did to watch the kiss.

After what seemed like an eternity, Taeyeon pulled away. She looked into Tiffany’s dark eyes.

“Be mine?” Taeyeon said. Tiffany’s cheeks stained red again hearing those two words.

“I belong to you from the beginning” Tiffany said, leaning her forehead against Taeyeon’s.

Taeyeon smiled and pulled Tiffany closer to her, kissing her lips softly.

“I love you”

“I love you too”

"Happy birthday, baby"