Chapter 17: Wining

L.A. To Seoul

 

 

It wasn’t that Taeyeon didn’t enjoy her short vacation with Tiffany in Hawaii, she enjoyed it so much, doing things with her lover, parasailing up in the sky, walking at the beautiful sandy beach watching the sunset, lying on the hotel room floor at night, facing the mirror wall, looking at thousand of stars while holding Tiffany’s pinkie till she fell asleep on her chest, but she had to realise that it was about to end.  Deep down, she didn’t want it to end, and realising that she was bringing Tiffany with her to New York, she felt like staying forever in Hawaii. One of the main reason, was the paparazzi and the fans, she knew how New York was. Last time she went there, she cancelled her dinner with Sooyoung and Sunny when paparazzi and fans gathered outside of the restaurant, and police appeared to calm the situation when traffic was getting bad due to the gathering. Taeyeon hated it and could not help but worry about Tiffany.  She didn’t want her to get hurt again, she promised her she would protect her, Taeyeon swore if Tiffany ever get hurt again, she was going to stay in South Korea forever…with her.

Second, the fact that she and Tiffany were going to stay at the same hotel, at the same suite with her manager and her three best friends made her stomach fell. ‘What ifs’ appeared on her mind, what if I can’t control myself (the fact that Tiffany was over her period), what if the girls heard us, what if the girls cannot stand our lovey dovey moments, what if Sunny chopped Tiffany’s legs (high school revenge), what if Tiffany feel disgust with Sooyoung’s love for food, what if Hyoyeon listen to music so loud and dance her off, what if Yuri go mad/stressed about all of these and jumps off the hotel roof?

What if?

Now, she was already standing in front of the hotel room beside Tiffany, she was still adding the what ifs on her mind. The door clicked, it was Sooyoung. Sooyoung smiled, Taeyeon smiled back, awkwardly.

“Choi, is it possible if Tiffany and I stay at different room?”

Tiffany and Sooyoung looked at her with weird faces. Taeyeon looked at the two of them, she knew the question was too soon, or too weird?

“Seriously Kim, you haven’t even enter the room, and you’re asking that”

Taeyeon shook her head and smile, again awkwardly to Sooyoung. She grabbed Tiffany’s left arm and entered the luxurious hotel suite, finding Yuri who was sitting at comfy long couch, starring on a piece of paper, but looked like she wasn’t reading it, she was zoned out. Maybe that was what Sooyoung meant by “Yuri is killing me” during the phone call she made when she was in Hawaii. Sunny and Hyoyeon were nowhere to be found, and so Taeyeon lead Tiffany to their room.

“Stay here, rest a bit, I’m going to talk to Yuri first, okay baby girl?”

Taeyeon made herself outside of the room and saw Yuri who was still unmoved. She sat next to her and took the paper, surprisingly, Yuri was still spacing out, looking down at the marble floor. Taeyeon looked over at Sooyoung who sat across them, munching some snacks. Sooyoung laughed quietly.

“Yah Kwon Yul!”

Yuri was surprised with the high pitch voice of Taeyeon. She shook her head and looked at Taeyeon.

“When did you arrived?”

“Just now, you didn’t even realise when I came”

“Where is Tiffany? I thought you said you were bringing her here”

“She is here, in our room”

Yuri rest her back on the couch, her face was pale. Taeyeon of course felt worried seeing her manager like that, she never saw Yuri spacing out and looked so tired like that in her whole life being her artist.

“Yul, are you okay?”

“Yeah, jetlagged? Anyway, you better get ready; we’re going in 3 hours. You too Sooyoung, get ready, call Sunny and Hyo, stop partying, it’s time for Grammy”

Sooyoung stood up and put her foods on the table not far from where she sat just now. “Manager Kwon Yuri is back!”

 

**

 

The four of them were ready, except for the two party girls, Sunny and Hyoyeon who just arrived at the hotel suite an hour ago. Taeyeon was beautiful in her white short dress, matching with Tiffany’s dress. She couldn’t stop complimenting her girlfriend of course.

“Tiffany, you are so pretty, I am jelly” Sooyoung pouted, looking at the blushing Tiffany.

“Yah, Choi. Stop looking at her like that, she is mine”

“You should be proud, Taeng” Hyoyeon appeared with her soft brown long dress, she looked like a goddess. “She is very beautiful”

“And TALL” Sunny came from Hyoyeon’s back. Sooyoung burst into laughter hearing that.

“Sunny, can you please?” Taeyeon said, giving Sunny her ‘I’ll kill you’ expression on her face.

Taeyeon was of course worried if Sunny was going to announce a war against her girlfriend, especially at night like this where she hoped the people she loved the most could be there for her (feeling super confident she was going to win some of the awards later) and Sunny’s childish revenge might ruin the night. Taeyeon was of course feeling very happy that throughout their car ride to the award venue was peaceful. Peaceful as in quiet, quiet that Sooyoung didn’t speak a word, busy eating some of the fruits at the limousine, quiet as in Sunny kept on staring at Tiffany, quiet as in Hyoyeon busy on her phone (texting her boyfriend?), quiet as in Yuri spacing out (again) and quiet as in, she was only enjoying Tiffany’s head on her shoulder, enjoying every time she smelled Tiffany’s hair and kissed her head lightly.

“We are not going to go through the red carpet”

Sunny suddenly broke the silence. Sooyoung stopped eating, Hyoyeon stopped texting, Yuri still spacing out.

“And why is that?” Taeyeon asked, confused. Confused because, whenever they went to award event, Sunny will be the one who was excited about red carpet.

“Because it’ll be a chaos with the fans and stuffs, I just wanna go straight in” Sunny said, looking over at Sooyoung. “Right soo?” Sooyoung only nodded, continue eating.

“Yeah Taeng, its better the three of us wait for you inside, just go with Yuri and Tiffany” Hyoyeon said, smiling.

“Plus, I don’t want to look so short between the tall people”

Taeyeon slapped Sunny on her lap. She was still worried about this high school drama Sunny had with Tiffany. She was worried if Tiffany felt bad about it, and she felt worried, seriously, if Sunny was going to chop off Tiffany’s legs later at night. Other than that, she was also worried seeing Yuri, for the thousandth times spacing out that night. She was worried too when they arrived at the venue, Yuri disappeared, and it was only her and Tiffany walking down the red carpet, going through every interview, answering the same questions all over again, ‘what are you wearing?’, ‘I’m wearing Valentino’. She swore she could just record the answer on her phone and press play whenever the press asked her the question. That was not only the repeated questions of the night on the red carpet. There were, of course the million dollar questions ‘are you both dating each other?’, ‘how was your vacation in Hawaii?’, ‘rumour said, you both are girlfriends, as in lovers, is it true?’. Of course, Taeyeon didn’t answer them looking at Tiffany’s uncomfortable expression. Taeyeon made their red carpet walk quickly seeing Tiffany like that, she just wanted to sit inside with her best friends and make Tiffany feel comfortable again. It was heartbreaking for Taeyeon seeing some of her fans outside of the venue, boo-ing Tiffany. Taeyeon felt hurt by that.

“Are you okay, baby?”

Taeyeon said once they sat inside, in the huge hall where there was this big and sparkly stage was set up. She glanced over at Sooyoung, Sunny and Hyoyeon who was sitting behind them, and she looked back at Tiffany when she didn’t receive an answer.

“Baby are you okay?”

“Yes, I am sorry I was zoned out”

Taeyeon sighed, speaking of zoning out, where the hell is Yuri, she thought inside. Looking over at the entrance of the hall, seeing tons of celebrities coming in, hoping to see Yuri, but no, there was no Yuri. She glanced up, over at the top seats where fans sat, she saw Taengangers of course, she was glad to see her fans but somehow still felt hurt with the boo-ing outside at the red carpet. Taengangers waved when they saw Taeyeon looking over at them, Taeyeon realised, and she waved back at them. She could see one of the VVIP sitting in front of the rest of the Taengangers, it was Krystal Jung.

 

**

 

Yuri could felt hands pulling her once she stepped out of the limousine. She looked over at Taeyeon and Tiffany who made their way on the red carpet. She didn’t know why she let this person’s hands pulling her away, leading her to the dark alley of the venue’s building. It was quiet; it was quiet despite the screaming fans not far from them. She could felt her back hurt when it met the hard wall. ‘Doesn’t this person know who the hell am I? I AM KIM TAENGOO MANAGER, for God sake I’m going to ing sue you!’ The person pushed her so hard and came closer to her. It was shocking to Yuri for a person to do that to her especially during this big event, but it was more shocking when she felt a pair of lips met hers. Yuri was dumbfounded but she could felt something familiar, she could smell something familiar, everything felt familiar despite the fact that she couldn’t see the person’s face. There were 4 things that Yuri could come up with at that moment.

1. This person who was kissing her, was a girl, due to the softness of her hand which was holding her arms tightly

2. The person’s perfume was Taeyeon’s latest perfume ‘Taelove’ which of course no one had since it was not released yet, only Sunny, Sooyoung, Taeyeon and herself own the perfume. But it was absurd to her to think that Sunny or Sooyoung or Taeyeon was the person who was kissing her passionately right now.

3. The lips. The lips felt familiar, as in, she had kissed it before. She felt like she just kissed the lips recently.

Yuri finally knew who the person was, it was a girl, of course, and the perfume, she just remembered that last month she gave someone her ‘Taelove’ perfume, and the lips, she knew it that was the lips she kissed few days ago.

JESSICA ING JUNG, IS ING KISSING ME RIGHT NOW

She could felt her knees go weak, thanks to Jessica who was then holding her around her waist, if not she swore she would fell on the ground.

“Jess…” she said in agony as Jessica was still kissing her lips desperately, passionately.

“Shut up” Jessica said feeling annoyed, kissing Yuri back, holding her wais tightly.

Yuri didn’t know how to react to the ‘shut up’ but she knew she was enjoying the sweet lips of Jessica, she started to kiss her then. She was confused though with this. Was it a dream? That was coming on her mind, because she never saw this coming. For what it seems like eternity, Jessica pulled over, her lips, satisfied. Yuri on the other hand, was trying to reach for oxygen, breathing heavily, confused.

“I couldn’t stop thinking about you, Kwon Yuri, you left me after you kissed me, what type of a person are you?”

 

**

 

Taeyeon kept on rubbing Tiffany’s lap with her hands, as in to calm her, but she turned erted as she wanted more. She slipped her hand into Tiffany’s short dress and rubbed her bare lap. Tiffany giggled.

“People might see” she said, giggling.

“I don’t really care, stand still” Taeyeon said, smiling ertedly. “It’s dark, so no one really can see” she said. It was true the hall was dark except for the stage. “Kiss me”

Tiffany had that ‘no’ expression on her face. Taeyeon pouted. But to her surprise Tiffany leaned in closer, and gave her a quick kiss on her lips, she liked it.

“Yah, where were you?” Taeyeon said once Yuri appeared, sitting down beside her, on her left. “And what’s with that smile?”

“Oh? I went to the toilet”

“For like 30 minutes?” Taeyeon said, raising one of her eyebrows. Yuri nodded and looked back on top seats of the hall. There she was, Jessica, sitting next to her sister, Krystal. Yuri smiled like a little kid on Christmas morning.

“Yah Yul, one time you’re like a zombie now you’re smiling ear to ear” Sunny said, realising Yuri’s face. “Who are you smiling to?” Sunny turned around and looked up.

“No one” Yuri said, looking back to the front, to the stage.

“The winner of the best pop album this year is…..Kim Taengoo”

Taeyeon smiled, that was her first win that night at the Grammys, beating her fellow friend, Taylor Swift and others like Carly Ray Jepsen, Demi Lovato, Kelly Clarkson and One Direction. To be honest, she could already felt she was going to win a lot that night and it was true, not only for the best pop album, also for the best pop artist, for the best female artist, best album of the year and best music video of the year. The night was almost coming to an end, it was intense, the last award was for the song of the year where everyone were anticipating on who will win the title, among the nominees were

1. Taylor Swift with her catchy song, 22

2. Demi Lovato with her radio-blowing-up song, Heart Attack

3. Justin Timberlake with his r&b song, Mirrors

4. PSY with his addictive dance song, Gentleman

5. Bruno Mars with his heart-wrenching song, When I Was Your Man

And of course, Taeyeon or very well known as Taengoo with, not only one, but TWO of her songs, nominated as the song of the year; I GOT A BOY and ALL MY LOVE IS FOR YOU.

 

“The winner of this year…song of the year….is” DRUMROLLLLLLLLLLL. “I GOT A BOY, KIM TAENGOOOOOOO!!!!!!”

Taeyeon tried to put her ‘shocked face’ when she heard her name although she already knew that she was winning. Everyone at the hall stood up for her, everyone was giving her loud applause, it made her felt like she was conquering the world. She stood up, and looked over at Tiffany who was smiling like a proud ‘wife’, she smiled and grabbed Tiffany’s hand. Tiffany was surprised she stopped clapping her hands.

“Come with me”

Tiffany couldn’t help but obey. Of course she felt nervous to come up to the stage with Taeyeon, remembering the past, remembering people’s reactions after they went to Sunny and Sooyoung’s fashion show, she was terrified but she tried to calm herself down and remembered that Taeyeon promised her that she would always protect her no matter what. Yes, she would protect her no matter what. Now Tiffany was already standing up on the stage with Taeyeon beside her, receiving her award with these thousands of people looking at them. Tiffany breathed unsteadily. To her surprise, Taeyeon looked back at her.

“Its okay” Tiffany could see Taeyeon mouthed that. Tiffany nodded.

Taeyeon reached for the microphone, and inhaled, exhaled before she spoke.

“Thank you all, wow, this is amazing” she said, looking at the trophy she just won. That would be the sixth trophy she won that night. “First of all, I would like to thank God, without him, this is not possible, and also, to my family, my mom and my dad, I know you guys are watching this, I love you guys and I miss you so bad” she said, looking straight to a rolling camera, wishing that her parents could be there with her right at that moment. The crowd cheered more. “And thank you for my one and only manager, Kwon Yuri, this is not possible without you, too. And my best friends, Sunny and Sooyoung and my choreography who flew all the way from Korea, Kim Hyoyeon, thank you guys for the supports, I love you guys so much” she said, looking over where the girls sat, she even pointed at them. “And, of course, my Taengangers up there!’ she pointed at the group of Taenganger, including Jessica and Krystal who sat proudly. “Thank you for the endless supports, Taengangers, especially the VVIP, thank you Jung sisters” Taeyeon stopped, inhaled, exhaled.

“And to this special person standing with me” Taeyeon said, grabbing Tiffany’s cold hand. “Thank you baby” Taeyeon said, looking over at Tiffany who was smiling despite the fact that her face was burning red, blushing. “Thank you baby and I love you” she said. The crowd went wild, some were saying ‘awwwwww’ some were just dumbfounded, press coming closer to the stage to take picture of that special moment. Taengangers went numb. That was it, Taeyeon officially announced her relationship with Tiffany on live broadcast, not just live broadcast, but on Grammy Awards.

 

 

 

NEWS CUTS COMING, I KNOW YOU LOVE NEWS CUTS.