Chapter 3: I Will Find It By Myself

L.A. To Seoul

 

 

 

 

She wiped the excess liquid on her body and put on a robe. From the mirror-walled bathroom, she could hear someone entering her bedroom. Wondering who it was, she shouted. "Who is it?"

 

"Me..."

 

Immediately, she knew it was her tall best friend. Sooyoung. Probably looking for her laptop that she borrowed the previous night to search for her crush's failed pitch videos. Bad timing when her Macbook broke down the previous day.

 

"It’s on the bed" she paused "Soo, can you drive my car out of the garage, I'm going out in a bit" Taeyeon exit the bathroom and entered her huge bedroom. She could see Sooyoung raising her eyebrows.

 

"Car? What car? You have like 30 in your garage" Sooyoung said, reaching for her laptop on the big fluffy white bed. Taeyeon was still standing near the bathroom's door, drying her hair with a small towel. She smiled at Sooyoung's question.

 

"My Audi TT"

 

"EXACTLY!" Sooyoung rolled her eyes, her laptop in her embrace. "Which Audi TT? Chrome or the white one?"

 

"You choose"

 

'Where are you going actually? Can I come with you?"

 

“LA Modeling Agency"

 

"What for? Can I come with you?"

 

"Finding someone"

 

She suddenly remembered something from last night. Right after when Tiffany left the mansion, she asked Yuri to find Tiffany's phone number, but all Yuri said was 'No, not going to help you with that'. She then searched for the agency Tiffany worked for from the internet, and found out it was LA Models.

 

Yuri, I will find it by myself, she thought inside.

 

"Yah~! Can I come with you?" Taeyeon was startled with Sooyoung's loud voice.

 

Taeyeon nodded in agreement, realizing that maybe Sooyoung could help her out later at the agency.

 

"Lets go for breakfast first, I am hungry" Sooyoung said happily and left the room.

 

 

**

 

As usual, it was normal for Taeyeon to go for breakfast or dinner outside where people followed her, taking pictures of her and fans asking for signature. It was no difference that morning when she and Sooyoung arrived at the luxury Ralph Lauren RL Restaurant. It was annoying for Taeyeon, but more annoying when Sooyoung kept on pulling her clothes, asking her to go inside quickly for breakfast.

 

"So what are you doing again at LA Models?" Sooyoung asked sipping her orange juice, she just finished her meal. She looked over at Taeyeon who sat across her, enjoying her $27.00 pancake.

 

"Looking for someone" Taeyeon answered, and then stopped eating. “Oh ya, I think you know her, Stephanie Hwang"

 

"Stephanie Hwang? The cheerleader from high school? Wait, she is in the State?" Sooyoung's eyes almost popped out.

 

"Well, she was. She is back in Korea now"

 

"Oh, then why are you going to the agency when she is not even here?"

 

"I am going to ask people for her phone number, her Korea phone number"

 

"I still remember back then when she saved you from her gang members" Sooyoung paused, sipping her drink again. "And starting from that day, people stopped bullying you, and she didn't hang out with her gang anymore"

 

"She was cool back then"

 

"Oh, I remember you told me and Sunny that she was your first crush" Sooyoung laughed. "I wonder how she looks now, she was really beautiful in high school". Silent.

 

"Wait, oh my God, is she a model?!" Sooyoung asked when she remembered that the place they were going to was a modeling agency.

 

"You owned a fashion company, but you don't even know the winner of Asia's Next Top Model? What are you, Soo?" Taeyeon

 

"She won that? Are you serious? I must see her now. I need her for the next fashion campaign"

 

"Over my dead body"

 

The two of them suddenly heard someone's voice. It was Sunny, who was now sitting next to Taeyeon. Taeyeon remembered calling Sunny to join them for breakfast earlier.

 

"I am not allowing you to book her" she said again. "She was mean to me in high school"

 

"Are we even talking about a same person?" Taeyeon spoke in confusion. The two girls nodded

 

"Come on, that was like what? 7 years ago?" Sooyoung said, remembering the old days when Tiffany and the gang used to pick on Sunny for no reason. They once made Sunny fell from the stairs and injured her knees. Sunny claimed that because of that, she stopped growing and that was the reason why she was very short.

 

After debating and eating, and laughing for almost an hour, the girls left the restaurant. Taeyeon and Sooyoung left for LA Modeling Agency and Sunny off to her office, S&S, the fashion company she and Sooyoung owned.

 

Upon their arrival at the agency, Taeyeon once again was being chased by the fans. She ignored them this time and made her way inside with Sooyoung quickly. She met one of the important people in LA Models, of course the people in the agency were all shocked and excited that the pop idol was there.

 

After chit chat over coffee and photo-taking session with the vice president of LA Modeling Agency, Taeyeon successfully was given the phone number. She was overwhelmed.