Chapter 2: A Quick Hug & Kiss

L.A. To Seoul

“Tiffany! Here’s a call for you”

Tiffany stopped packing her stuffs in her big pink luggage. She walked towards her best friend Seohyun and grabbed the hotel room’s phone.

“Hello, it’s Tiffany Hwang”

“Hello, I am sorry for the sudden call. I am Kwon Yuri, manager of…” before the person on the other line could continue speaking, Tiffany put the phone down and waved to Seohyun who was busy packing her own stuffs.

“Juhyun! Oh My God! Kwon Yuri, the manager of the number one pop idol in the world is calling me!!!” Tiffany whispered happily then grabbed the phone again. Seohyun was shocked due to the sudden excitement of Tiffany and laughed.

“Yes, yes, I am sorry, who is it again?”

“It’s Kwon Yuri, manager of Taengoo. Taengoo want to see you today, are you free?”

“Yes. Yes. I am free. What time? And where?”

Tiffany hung up soon after Yuri told her the location and time. She ran towards Seohyun and hugged her. Seohyun only laughed.

“Oh My God, can you believe it? Taengoo want to see me?!!!!!” she screamed excitedly, clapping her hands.

“Yes, this is crazy. Do you think she watched the pitch last night?”

“Yeah I think so, if not, why did her manager called me, right?”

Tiffany was excited, to see Taengoo, the number one pop idol in the world. She grabbed her phone, and unlocked it. The wallpaper was of course, a photo of Taengoo. She smiled. She was such a big fan of Taengoo when Taengoo debuted as a singer four years ago. Taengoo had reached a breath-taking level of fame after her videos were uploaded to Youtube by one of her best friend, Sunny Lee and immediately signed a contract with the Universal Studio. Since then, she produced 3 successful albums and worked with big names in music such as Beyonce, Britney Spears, Taylor Swift, Demi Lovato, not forgetting singers from her home land, Jay Park and PSY. She then became the most watched person on Youtube with the outstanding 9 billion views, beating PSY’s Gangnam Style and Gentleman.

“Yo Taenganger Fany, hello?” Seohyun startled her.

“Yes?” Tiffany answered smiling. She looked down again at her phone. Smiling widely.

“Okay you better stop smiling like that, it’s scary. What time are you meeting her? You better be quick or else we’re going to miss our flight”

Tiffany’s smile disappeared, and looked at the clock on the wall; it was 1PM at noon. She sighed. She knew she was going to see her idol in only few minutes as her flight back to South Korea was going to be at 4PM and the meeting was, as stated by Taengoo’s manager will be at 3PM.

**

Taeyeon could hardly left the MTV building that afternoon after her rehearsal for the MTV Movie Awards as one of the performers. Screaming and crying Taengangers were stopping her from driving her blue Lamborghini out of the premise. There were of course paparazzi with the flashing lights. Securities tried their best to calm the situation. For about 30 minutes accelerating and breaking, Taeyeon successfully drove to the main road, although there were still Taengangers running at the back, chasing her.

She drove swiftly back to her mansion, located at Hidden Hills, California where she was going to meet an old friend of her, or more of an old crush to her. Her home was pretty much private, located at an ideal spot where stars like Brad Pitt and the Kardashians stayed. It was comfortable for her to meet people at her own house, rather than outside. There were always people approaching her, fans approaching her, paparazzi following her every where she went. It had been three years since she went out enjoying herself with her friends when no one bothered her.

Upon her arrival, she saw her manager’s black Range Rover outside of the mansion. She knew by then that Yuri was there, hopefully with the girl she wanted to see. She happily came in to her home and entered the huge luxurious living room. As she expected Yuri was there, standing up upon her arrival. Beside her was ‘the girl’.

“Ah there she is, she is always late” Yuri said once Taeyeon approached them.

“I am sorry. Was stopped by the paparazzi” Taeyeon apologized and walked passed Yuri, heading towards the girl. “Hai, I am Taengoo” Taeyeon introduced herself calmly, although she was seriously shaking inside. She had met the president of the United States, the president of Republic of South Korea and the Queen of the United Kingdom, but she never felt that kind of nervousness before. Oh yes, that’s because the three of them are not as hot as this girl in front of me, she thought.

“Hai, I’m Tiffany Hwang” the girl introduced herself, smiling, not only with her lips, but with her eyes. She was wearing a simple baby blue short dress, her smooth creamy skin showing a little, her silky ebony hair flowing.

“Haven’t seen you in a long time” Taeyeon said, sitting down and motioned Tiffany to sit not far from her. Yuri too sat beside Taeyeon. “How are you?”

“I am doing just fine. You are doing great yourself, Miss Number-One-Idol-in-the-World”

“You too are doing great, a top model now, huh?”

Tiffany chuckled at the question. Looking back at Taeyeon “Just a model, with only 2 thousand followers on Twitter, unlike you, Miss top superstar with nearly 40 million followers”

“Ah, come on you both, stop complimenting each other. You both are stars, well unlike me. I am jelly” Yuri laughed, stood up and left the two.

“Bring us water, Yul” Taeyeon said before Yuri could leave the room.

“Last time I saw you, you were wearing this big glasses, with the braces on your teeth...” Tiffany was then stopped by Taeyeon

“Ah come on, let’s not talk about that. What are you doing in the States?” feeling embarrassed, Taeyeon changed the subject. It was true, back before when she was known as the superstar Taengoo, she was just a normal nerdy Asian girl named Kim Tae Yeon who got bullied every single day by the Americans. Thanks to Sunny and Sooyoung who were always there to help her, including the IT girl during that time, Stephanie Hwang who was now sitting right in front of her.

“Well, I was invited to do the first pitch for last night Dodgers game. Oh my God, that was embarrassing” Tiffany answered, putting her hands on her face when she remembered the failed pitch she did the previous night. Taeyeon found it cute.

After a moment of allowing the embarrassment to ease from her body, Tiffany looked back at Taeyeon, who was smiling widely, ear to ear. She was wondering why the other girl was smiling like that.

“Do you wanna go out for dinner tonight?” Taeyeon asked

“Uhm, I am sorry. I am flying back to Korea this...”Tiffany stopped and looked down at her watch. It was 3.39PM. She stood up realising that she was going to miss her flight, she then approached Taeyeon. Taeyeon too then stood up, confused at why the other girl was in such a rush.

“I have to go, my flight is in less than 30 minutes” Tiffany said grabbing her purse.

“If you missed your flight, you can use my private jet” Taeyeon offered. Tiffany shook her head then approached Taeyeon closer, gave her a quick hug and a quick kiss on the cheek. She then left clumsily.

Taeyeon was standing there, dumbfounded. She was blushing. She never felt that way before. There were thousands of girl fans who gave her hugs and kisses but this hug and kiss on the cheek was particularly different. She was urgently in need of air. Thinking of the shortness of breath she experienced during her tour four months ago in London due to fatigue, this was more extreme.