Chapter 11: Baby, Are You Okay?

L.A. To Seoul

 

 

“That b**** is seriously digging her own grave!” Jessica screamed, throwing her mini laptop on the couch. Krystal only looked at her, she was afraid of course when HellSica appeared. She still remembered when Jessica broke her phone into pieces not long ago.

“Krystal, call that friend of yours, whats her name, Amber?” Jessica commanded. Krystal then let out her brand new Samsung Galaxy S4 Jessica bought for her, dialled a number and gave the phone to Jessica.

“Hello Amber, I need you to help me, now” Jessica said in a cold tone. Krystal was wondering what did Jessica meant by help.

“Yes, bring that friends of yours too, Victoria, Sulli and Luna to help you out, I’ll pay $100 to each one of you” Jessica said again. “Yes, stalk her, follow her, just do what I say, okay?”

Jessica then hung up and gave the phone back to Krystal. Krystal was in relief that this time Jessica didn’t threw her phone.

 

**

 

Tiffany walked out of the bedroom the next morning after the fashion show, wondering where the sound of the piano came from. She just finished showering and putting her fresh clothes when suddenly she heard sound of a piano. She made her way downstairs, finding Taeyeon who was playing a soft mellow song on the piano at the mansion’s foyer.

Taeyeon stopped playing and smiled when she saw Tiffany. Tiffany smiled back. She sat on Taeyeon’s lap when Taeyeon motioned her to do so. She put her arms around Taeyeon’s waist, looking at her lover. Taeyeon then kissed her cheek softly while she started to play. Soft chords were played from the piano. Tiffany smiled as Taeyeon’s fingers ghosted over the keys.

“I was wondering if I was ever going to hear you play”

Taeyeon smiled at her crookedly as she started playing an upbeat, slightly cheesy jingle she recently wrote.

“No Tae, play me something that comes from here” Tiffany said softly, placing her hand over Taeyeon’s heart. She then put her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

Taeyeon held Tiffany’s hand there for a moment and looked at her thoughtfully before she continued.

Taeyeon began playing and without a doubt, it was one of the most beautiful things Tiffany had ever heard. It was full of love, but kind of sad at the same time. Intense when it needed to be and soft at all the right moments.

Taeyeon stopped abruptly “You like it, baby girl?” she said, looking down at the keyboard. Tiffany looked at her, in her dark eyes. She did not answer the question.

At that moment, all Tiffany wanted to do was to tell Taeyeon just how deeply she was in love with her. Tiffany didn’t know what on earth she did to deserved this person coming to her life. She swore, she would never take it for granted.

Taeyeon turned her head to the side and looked at Tiffany, deep emotion in her eyes when there was no respond. Their eyes met.

Moments passed. Wild horses could have run through the foyer and they would not have noticed. The stare was intense. Tiffany couldn’t take her eyes away from Taeyeon’s as if her life depended on it. Without realising it, Taeyeon pushed her lips on hers. They kissed softly. Slowly. Tiffany’s arms around Taeyeon’s neck, Taeyeon’s hand on her lap, caressing it.

Taeyeon was pretty sure she was going to put her hand inside of Tiffany’s shirt until she heard someone cleared throat behind them. Taeyeon looked over Tiffany’s shoulder and saw Yuri standing not far from the mansion’s door.

The both of them sighed deeply and stretched as they turned towards Yuri. It must have been kind of funny to see how in sync they were. Yuri approached the duo. Tiffany bowed to her, then she took Taeyeon’s hand.

“Tae, I’m going out now” she said. Taeyeon nodded.

“Take my BMW, drive safely, baby” Taeyeon said, letting out a key from her pocket, giving it to Tiffany. Tiffany took it and calmly made her way outside of the mansion, finding the black BMW SUV was ready outside.

Tiffany entered the car, and was surprised with a big Totoro plush doll at the passenger seat. She smiled. She knew that Taeyeon was the one who put it there. There was also a card with it. She read it.

You’re the smile on my face, I love you, baby –TY

She put the card down and swiftly drove the car to Beverly Boulevard, meeting her old friend, Ashley Choi. She met her there, and shopped for few things, buying Taeyeon a luxury watch.

“You really love her, don’t you?” Ashley said when they just finished shopping. Tiffany blushed.

“Yes, Ash…I’ve never felt this way before, it’s overwhelming” she answered.

“You know, I’ve seen some mean tweets towards you from her fans”

Tiffany raised her eyebrows; she was confused by the statement. She realised that she haven’t check her social media accounts since Taeyeon came by her side. She was very interested with what her friend just said.

“What did they say about me?”

“You know, mean things, and its driving me mad”

Tiffany was about to speak again when suddenly a group of girls with black hoodies ran towards her and pushed her down the stairs. She could feel a very sharp pain on her legs, she groaned in ache.

 

**

 

“Yuri ah” Taeyeon said once Tiffany went out of the door. “I can’t do this. I need you”

Yuri only stood there, looking down at the marble floor. She did not know what to respond to Taeyeon.

“You’re not just my manager, you are my best friend, you’re the same as Sunny and Sooyoung, I cannot not have you around” Taeyeon said in her soft voice. “I know you’re mad about things, I was mad too, but I am begging you to please, please, please, understand me”

“I love her” Taeyeon said again. “and I know she loves me just as how much as I love her” Taeyeon sighed. “I want you to accept things, please Yul” Taeyeon’s voice begging.

“Taeng, I came here, to tell you that I am now accepting your relationship with the girl”

Taeyeon couldn’t believe what she just heard. She came closer to Yuri.

“And I came here, to help you out about the issue of that hickey of yours” Yuri said, looking straight on Taeyeon’s neck. Taeyeon recognized.

“Issue about my hickey?”

“Yes, there are photos of you on the news with that, and I need to clear things out with the press about it”

Taeyeon was confused by the statement. Yuri then handed her iPad to Taeyeon. Taeyeon was shocked with the news, especially with the photo.

“But, I did put concealer on my neck last night, I swear I did”

“I’ll clear things out today, will do a press conference about it. I’ll just say that it’s a hair iron burn. Don’t worry Taeng, I got your back”

The two then sat at the living room watching a TV show together, just like the old times. Taeyeon was happy though that Yuri was now accepting her relationship with Tiffany. She was very grateful.

Suddenly while watching the TV, Taeyeon’s phone rang, the ringtone was her song ‘I Got A Boy’. She knew that it was Tiffany as she set the ringtone especially for her. She smiled and answered the phone call.

“I hope you like the Totoro, baby” Taeyeon smiled.

“Tae, I’m at the hospital”

Taeyeon’s smile vanished upon hearing that.

“Baby, are you okay?” she said then made her way to her garage quickly, without saying a word to Yuri. Leaving Yuri behind.