Chapter 8: Lock & Key

L.A. To Seoul

 

 

 

Taeyeon never let go of Tiffany’s hand, from the ride in the car after the dinner to their arrival at Tiffany’s apartment. The both of them stood, facing each other, outside of the apartment. Their eyes never look the other way, just staring deeply into each other’s eyes.

“Thank you for tonight, Tae” Tiffany finally spoke.

“I love you, Stephanie and you deserve the very best” Taeyeon smiled, grabbing Tiffany’s hand and kissed it. “I want to make you happy the way you make me happy”

Tiffany could not find words so she just hugged Taeyeon. Taeyeon liked it. She knew the girl was impressed. “I love you too” Tiffany whispered into Taeyeon’s ear before letting go.

“Do you want to come inside?” Tiffany paused, biting her lips. “And stay for the night?” her cheeks were blushed by then.

“I want to” Taeyeon paused. Tiffany could see the ‘but’ coming. “but there are paparazzi down there, and my car is parked there too”

Tiffany understood the situation. She had to realise that she was now dating the pop idol. She pouted.

“What’s with the pout?” Taeyeon asked when she noticed. She then pulled Tiffany closer and kissed her lips softly. She could feel Tiffany was smiling during the kiss. “I’ll call you once I arrived at the hotel, okay baby girl?”

Tiffany couldn’t help but blushed. Her cheeks were bright red. She finally smiled.

“Okay, I’ll go now” Taeyeon said, raising her body a little, kissing Tiffany’s forehead. Tiffany nodded.

Before Taeyeon walked a step, she turned around to see Tiffany who was still standing there, looking at her.

“Enjoy the garden” Taeyeon said then quickly made her way inside the elevator.

Garden? Tiffany thought. She shook her head and entered her apartment.

She was welcomed by maybe dozens of pink roses inside of the apartment. They were everywhere, on the floor, on the couch, on the table, everywhere that she did not know how she could walk in. She was totally shocked. Her housemate, Seohyun was there too, sitting on the couch with many pink roses around her.

“Fany! Oh My God you are here. Look at theseeeeee!” Seohyun stood up. “Taengoo did this for you”

Tiffany was still dumbfounded, speechless. Tae, you are one hopelessly romantic creature that I’ve ever met, she said inside. She then grabbed the roses on the floor little by little so that she can make her way inside. She put the flowers on the couch, it looked like a mountain. Seohyun laughed at that. Seohyun then hand Tiffany a pink card, she said it was from Taeyeon.

‘I am sorry I never gave you pink roses since day 1. Hope you’re enjoying them now -TY’

“But Juhyun, she was with me the whole night, how can she…” she looked at Seohyun in confusion.

“I was home around 7, and there was a truck outside of the building and people outside of our apartment” Seohyun said in amazement. “They were waiting for me, and they said they were doing this on behalf of Taengoo, so I let them in”

Tiffany was by then, shocked, surprised, dumbfounded, amazed, and impressed.

 

**

 

“Who the hell is this girl, why is she…” Jessica groaned and threw her Samsung Galaxy S3 to the wall, it broke into pieces. The other two girls were shocked. Jessica sat on the couch; she could feel her whole body in heat. She was breathing so fast. Her face was red.

“I am going to f*****g kill that b***h!”

“Sica, calm down. Maybe it was just a rumour” Yoona said, rubbing Jessica’s back, calming her.

“What are you? Stupid? It’s not a freaking rumour when Taengoo updated her twitter with the romance blah blah blah!” Jessica said in her raised voice, giving Yoona her death glare. Yoona looked on the floor. Jessica stood up and groaned, grabbing Krystal’s phone. Krystal had to give it to her, the situation was pretty intense.

“Yuri, who is that b***h to Taengoo? Are they dating? You better tell me now!” Jessica talked on the phone, without any hello.

“You are her manager, how can you don’t know?” Jessica said again and hung up. Holding the phone tightly in her hand.

“Don’t throw it, Unnie, don’t, please I’m begging you” Krystal stood up and approached Jessica. But before she could grab the phone, it flew across her face, hitting the wall. “Unnie!” she screamed and grabbed the phone which was by then in pieces.

“I’ll buy you a new one” Jessica said, still mad.

“Oh, here is my phone” Yoona said, extending her arm, offering her Samsung Galaxy Note II. Jessica gave her death glare for the second time, Yoona saw it and put her phone back into her pocket.

 

**

 

“Good morning early bird”

Taeyeon was surprised with the voice. It was Kim Hyoyeon who was having breakfast at her hotel presidential suite. She sat next to Hyoyeon.

“Thank you for staying with me” Taeyeon said. “You’re the best choreographer” she smiled and grabbed Hyoyeon’s orange juice and drank it. “Sometimes I wish you were in LA, my choreographers in LA are mean”

The other girl laughed at the statement.

“I am serious Hyo, I wish you are with me all the time, just like Yuri, Sunny and Soo” Taeyeon said again. “You guys were there from day one”

“But I have commitment here” Hyoyeon said. “Plus, your LA choreographers are world class, you don’t need me”

“Commitment as in? That boyfriend of yours?” Taeyeon teased the other girl. Hyoyeon then hit Taeyeon’s lap. “Tell me about him, the Mr. Kim Jun Hyung?”

“Oh how about that Miss Tiffany Hwang?”

Taeyeon’s cheeks turned red, she looked the other way. The other girl laughed.

“Come on Taengoo, tell me about her” the other girl back. “You should tell me, you know. I am the one who helped you bought the flowers, the clocks, everything for her while you were in LA, come on, don’t be a little girl” Hyoyeon said. “Spill it”

“Okay, okay, Miss helper, we are dating” Taeyeon finally said it for the first time.  “We are dating each other”

Hyoyeon was surprised; she was glad that Taeyeon finally found someone after all these years.

“Okay Hyo, I got to go” Taeyeon stood up.

“Where to?”

“Tiffany’s”

 

**

 

“Good morning, beautiful”

Tiffany stirred, groaning a little. She opened her eyes slowly. Her eyes almost popped out when she saw Taeyeon standing near her, next to her bed. Tiffany pulled up her blanket, hiding her face. She was embarrassed with her morning look. Taeyeon then pulled down the blanket, without any fight from Tiffany.

“You look beautiful in the morning, don’t worry”

“What are you doing here, Tae?” Tiffany asked. By then Taeyeon already sat on the bed next to her.

“Surprising you” Taeyeon answered. “But I am more surprised, you know”

Tiffany was confused at what Taeyeon meant. Suddenly Taeyeon laughed a little, looking at the pink bedroom’s wall. Tiffany by then realised it.

“Tae!” Tiffany said and put her hands on Taeyeon’s eyes, closing them.

“You are a die-hard Taenganger, Fany” Taeyeon said, laughing a little. Tiffany was embarrassed. Taeyeon was true, she was a diehard Taenganger, her bedroom walls were all filled with Taeyeon’s posters. Tiffany then took her hands back. She pouted.

“I am sorry” Taeyeon apologized. “But you know, I am a big fan of yours too, so don’t worry”

Tiffany was still pouting; she did not speak a word. Taeyeon then let out something from her pocket.

“Ta-da!” she said, and gave Tiffany a cereal bar. “I bought them, but I forgot to give them to you yesterday” Taeyeon said. “I know you like them, just like in high school” Taeyeon said. By then there was a smile on Tiffany’s face. Tiffany then put her arms around Taeyeon, her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“Thank you for the flowers, Tae” she whispered. “Seriously I don’t even know where to put them”

“It’s nothing. Come on, get ready, I’m bringing you out”

 

**

 

Taeyeon drove her chrome fisker with Tiffany at the passenger seat to Lotte Departmant Store. Taeyeon bought Tiffany to go shopping with her. Their arrival grabbed people’s attention. Suddenly the amount of people at the store increased. Paparazzi were everywhere.

The two of them entered a jewellery store, Tiffany & Co. The workers there tried their best to treat the superstar and the top model. There were security too, stopping fans from entering the shop.

“This is a new thing for me” Tiffany said while Taeyeon were busy looking at the jewellery. Taeyeon laughed quietly at the statement.

“So, what do you want to buy?” she asked Tiffany. “It’s still your birthday in the US, and I haven’t bought you a present”

“The dinner? The flowers? The cereal bars? Those are called gifts, Tae” Tiffany answered. She did not want to buy anything; everything that Taeyeon gave her was enough. Taeyeon’s love was enough for her.

“Try this” Taeyeon then put a silver necklace with a lock as it’s locket on Tiffany’s neck. Tiffany did not stopped her. “It’s beautiful, I am buying it for you”

“But..”

“No buts” Taeyeon said.

Taeyeon purchased the USD$4,800 couple necklaces. A lock for Tiffany, and a key for herself.

“I am the one who can only open your heart”

 

**

 

The two lovebirds head over to a restaurant near there for breakfast. As usual, they were surrounded by paparazzi and fans. Flashing lights everywhere. It was of course uncomfortable for Tiffany, but Taeyeon assured her that it was okay, she didn’t have to worry.

“Hello” Taeyeon answered her phone when it rang. Tiffany stopped eating and looked at her.

“Taeng, can you come home today? Our show is pulled forward. It’s the day after tomorrow” Sooyoung said. Taeyeon sighed.

“I only arrived yesterday, you know”

“I know, but Yuri said you need to do the rehearsal tomorrow, come back, will you?”

“Why isn’t Yuri calling me?”

“Because she is busy  dealing with the things you are doing”

“Things I am doing?”

“Yeah, okay I got to go, Tae, there are hundred of things to be done by today, Sunny’s brain is exploding. Come back today, okay?”

“Okay Soo, thank you for calling” Taeyeon locked her phone and put it down. She sighed.

“Everything’s okay?” Tiffany asked.

“I am coming back to LA today” Taeyeon answered. There was a little disappointment on Tiffany’s face. She looked down at the table. Taeyeon noticed it. She then grabbed her phone back, and made a call.

“Two tickets to LA, please. Thank you Hyo” she then hung up.

“Two?” Tiffany asked, looking at her.

“Yes, two, for us. You’re coming with me” Taeyeon said. Tiffany was surprised. There was a grin on Taeyeon’s face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*****ANOTHER NEWS CUT COMING IN 10 MINUTES*****