NEWS CUT 13

L.A. To Seoul

 

TAENGOO OPENS UP TO OPRAH

 

For Taengangers, Christmas came early this year. Kim Taengoo opened up in an interview with Oprah Winfrey that aired live this morning prior her big wins at the Grammys last night, talking about her rise to fame, struggles growing up in the spotlight and, yes, Tiffany Hwang.

 

 

The interview, conducted the morning after the Grammy Awards, covered Taengoo’s ascent from Korean-American Youtube hit-driver to international pop sensation. Winfrey compared the 21-year-old to Madonna and cooed that that was one of her biggest interviews.

 

 

 

 

Despite all the hype, Taengoo seemed incredibly down to earth, saying of her fame, “it’s definitely not normal and there’s so many sacrifices that I’ve had to do, but at the end of the day, I’ve been able to do so much”

She admitted the downfalls. “I really don’t have a lot of friends,” she said. “I have three close friends.” She confessed that she often feels lonely, saying “You just feel sometimes that you need someone to be there with you, I get days when I’m just down and gloomy”

Humble and quick to smile, Taengoo gamely answered Winfrey’s questions, ticking off her “favourite things” on command. Snack: Kancho Black Sesame Flavor & Yanggeng. Drinks: Everything from Starbucks. Restaurant: Ralph Lauren RL Café. TV Shows: “90210” and “Glee.” Celebrity crush: beside Hwang, who was undeniable her girlfriend, “Kim HyunA,” she said. “She’s amazing to me”

 

 

Winfrey didn’t hesitate to bring up Hwang, the girl that Taengoo brings to the stage last night. She bravely announced their relationship on live award show and was even caught showing some PDA throughout the night.

“I am all about genuine people, and I feel like she (Hwang) is just one of the most genuine people.” Taengoo said. “She just has a good heart. And I can talk to her about anything”

Even though paparazzi swarm their dates together, including their recent vacation in Hawaii, Taengoo said she’s never wanted to leave her (Hwang) side. “I never make her separate from me because I don’t ever want her to feel like I’m ashamed with her,” she said. “Plus, some of my fans are saying mean things about her, and being by each other sides is the only way to feel better, and I’ll always try my best to protect her, not just physically but mentally."

But whether or not the fans like their relationship, the fans will have to get used to Hwang being on her side from now on.

“People are mean and people say mean things,” Taengoo said of online fans who posted death threats after she went public with Hwang during her best friends S&S Fashion Show. “But at the end of the day, I still have to be happy. I can’t be single my whole life”

 

 

photo credit as tagged.