Chapter 6: Teases, Tae & Tonight

L.A. To Seoul

 

 

That night, as the four of them planned, they all had dinner together at Taeyeon’s mansion. Taeyeon ordered exclusive chef, the winner of the latest Masterchef to cook for the four of them. Of course, Sooyoung was the happiest person on earth that night as she was very well known from high school as the girl who eats everything. Sunny on the other hand was eating and doing her work at the same time, she was very worried about their fashion show that was going to be held next week. Her laptop was on the dining table, beside her foods. Yuri was talking non-stop to Taeyeon, telling her about her schedule and blah blah blah. As for Taeyeon, she was spacing out, not really listening to what Yuri said, as her mind was full with the thoughts of Stephanie Hwang.

“Taeng, are you even listening to me?” Yuri sudden raised voice startled Taeyeon. Taeyeon nodded.

“Yes, yes, Ryan Seacrest and Marie Claire this week” she said, convincing Yuri. She then grabbed her iPhone on the table, and opened Twitter. Of course, she was checking on Tiffany’s account. There was a new tweet, updated 4 hours ago.

‘Good Morning! Had the best sleep & dream ever! #DreamtOfYou #TY #SeoulToLA’

Taeyeon could not help but smile like a crazy person. She knew what Tiffany meant by TY, she knew it was her.

“Yah! Taengoo. I’m scared of that smile of yours. What are you reading?” Sooyoung said, Taeyeon then locked her phone and put it down. “You reading while eating?” Sooyoung said again, the rest of the girls burst into laughter.

“Yah Choi Soo Young! Watch that mouth of yours. I am just reading some funny tweets” she lied. Sooyoung stick out her tongue to Taeyeon, Taeyeon gave her a death glare.

“What’s the date today, anyway?” Taeyeon asked, changing the topic and the atmosphere. Sunny who was on her laptop answered her, told her that it was the 29th of July. Oh My God, it’s the 29th? Taeyeon thought inside.

Taeyeon then looked at Yuri who was enjoying her meal. She was a little hesitated to talk to her, to ask her. She still remembered the car ride with Yuri after the MTV Movie Awards. Taeyeon sighed a little.

“Yuri ah. Since I don’t have schedule this weekend, can I go fly somewhere?” without realising, she said that to Yuri. Yuri stopped eating and looked at Taeyeon. Serious face.

“You have to rest for the fashion show. You’re performing” Yuri answered. She could see some disappointment on Taeyeon’s face. Taeyeon did not respond to her, she continued eating.

 

**

 

That night, as she promised, Taeyeon went online on Skype. She waited for 15 minutes until Tiffany’s name appeared online. Taeyeon quickly clicked it and for second, Tiffany’s image appeared on her Macbook. Taeyeon was in need of air, she thought her lung was just exploded. Tiffany was smiling, of course as usual with both her lips and her eyes. She was wearing a red dress, her laptop was probably on a table, as Taeyeon could only see half of her body.

“Where are you?” Taeyeon asked. Tiffany said she was at her apartment’s living room, coming back from her photo shoot.

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany and smiled. Tiffany smiled back. Taeyeon smiled again, widely this time. Tiffany’s cheeks were blushing, she then looked the other way, embarrassed. When she looked back at her laptop, Taeyeon raised her eyebrows, showing the ‘what?’ expression with a smile. Tiffany’s cheek turned redder, she then put her palms on her face, hiding it from Taeyeon. Taeyeon only laughed seeing the other girl’s action.

“Stop it, Taeyeon” Tiffany said, putting down her hands when she knew her blushing was gone. Taeyeon apologized.

“Did you have lunch already?” Taeyeon asked.

“Not yet”

“Then go have your lunch, now” Taeyeon commanded

“And go offline? Okay..okay” Tiffany said. He image vanished when Taeyeon was about to stop her from going offline. Taeyeon could felt her heart ache a little.

Suddenly, the image came back again. Taeyeon was surprised, her smile appeared.

“I was just teasing you!” Tiffany said, laughing so hard. Taeyeon only smiled.

“I meant, go eat, but don’t go offline” Taeyeon said. Tiffany was still laughing. “In front of me, now” she said again, by then Tiffany stopped laughing. Tiffany agreed although she did not have anything to eat, she then decided to cook instant noodles. Taeyeon waited for about 10 minutes until Tiffany came back from the kitchen, in between that, Taeyeon kept asking if Tiffany was okay, if the kitchen was not burnt. Tiffany only shouted YES for several times from the kitchen.

“That looks delicious” Taeyeon said, watching Tiffany eating the noodles with chopsticks. “It’s been awhile since I ate instant noodles”

“That’s because you are a billionaire, you don’t eat this kind of stuff” Tiffany said, eating more of the noodles. Taeyeon only laughed at the statement.

“Anyway, what’s with your twitter update?” Taeyeon said, smiling. Tiffany almost chocked. She then put the bowl down and wiped with a napkin. “What does TY means?”

“TY means thank you. I was thanking God for the dream and the sleep” Tiffany lied.

“Oh, then what does #DreamtOfYou mean?” Taeyeon asked again, she laughed a little. Tiffany did not answer the question, and blushed. Taeyeon recognized that. “It’s okay, you don’t have to answer that”

Tiffany smiled again, and picked up the bowl, continued eating. Taeyeon was happy to see Tiffany’s eating. She found it cute and y at the same time.

“What’s with the likes on Instagram?” Tiffany asked when she finished eating. She looked at the innocent face of Taeyeon. “You stalked me?” Tiffany asked again, smiling. There was an uneasy expression on Taeyeon’s face, and Tiffany recognized it. “It’s okay, you don’t have to answer that” Tiffany laughed. Taeyeon knew Tiffany was teasing her as a revenge for the twitter update.

It was already midnight in LA, Taeyeon asked if it was okay if she went offline, due to her early morning schedule. Tiffany of course said it was okay, as she understood the life of the superstar.

“Are you avoiding falling asleep while skyping?” Tiffany asked. Taeyeon of course denied it.

“Okay Stephanie, I am going off now. Good night” Taeyeon said. “Dream of me again, mmkay?” Taeyeon . Tiffany was embarrassed with that.

“Good night Taengoo. Sleep well” she said before going offline.

 

**

 

The next morning, Taeyeon woke up happily, because, she was, dreaming of Tiffany. She quickly went for a shower as she was going to be on air with the one and only Ryan Seacrest. After getting ready, she made a call, just like the previous morning. An international call.

“Yes, one in pink and one in blue, any design is fine, but make sure you set them correctly” Taeyeon said. “I don’t really know her size, I’ll send you her photo and you pick the dress, okay? Make sure its pink. Thank you, Hyo”

She hung up and quickly went to her garage, driving her 2013 Bugatti Veyron to Kiisfm building in Los Angeles.

“On Air with Ryan Seacrest, I am here today with a special guest, Taengoo!”

“Yes, thank you for having me today Ryan” Taeyeon said to the DJ. She sat across Ryan with Yuri sitting next to her. Ryan then congratulated her for her latest winning at the MTV Movie Awards. Her winning song was then played. Taeyeon’s iPhone suddenly vibrated. There was a text message.

I’m listening to you now >.< good luck Tae! I’m going to sleep now though, it’s already late here. Take care, Tae~

Tae? Taeyeon thought. No one ever called her that way before. She was overwhelmed.

 

**

 

She was alone at her big house, having takeaways as her lunch. The house was all quiet when suddenly her phone rang. She stopped eating, and smiled right away.

“Good morning, Stephanie” Taeyeon answered her phone.

“Taeyeon ah…you sent these right” Tiffany’s voice calmed Taeyeon’s little heart. “These wall clocks and this pink S&S dress…Taeyeon ah” she said again. Taeyeon couldn’t help but smiled. “Taeyeon ah?” Tiffany said again when Taeyeon did not respond to her. Tiffany groaned in frustration.

“Tae!” she shouted.

“Yes?” Taeyeon answered.

“Ah, when I called you Taeyeon you didn’t respond. I called you Tae, you answer back?” Tiffany was pleasantly annoyed. Taeyeon apologized. “You sent these right?”

“If the blue clock is set to LA time and the pink clock is set to Seoul time, then yes, the clocks and the dress are from me” Taeyeon answered, smiling.

“Taeyeon ah...” Tiffany said, but like just now, Taeyeon did not responded. “Tae~” she said again, hoping for a feedback.

“Yes?” Taeyeon answered her.

“Why did you send these?” she asked in her husky voice.

“So that, you know what time is it here” Taeyeon answered. “I have those too on my bedroom wall” she said smiling. “As for the dress, one day, if I meet you, please wear it, okay?”

“Thank you. You are…Thank you Tae” Tiffany was totally speechless. She blushed.

 

**

 

That night in Los Angeles, the both of them skyped together as usual. Talking about their day, and teasing each other for quite a lot of time. They really enjoyed talking to each other. Taeyeon knew, she was falling hard for Tiffany. Tiffany too, was falling in love with Taeyeon more and more with all of those sweet things Taeyeon did for her.

 

 

**

 

The next day, Taeyeon and Yuri arrived at a beautiful house beach in Malibu. That was the location where Taeyeon was about to do her photo shoot and interview for Marie Claire Magazine. They both arrived together as Yuri drove for her. Taeyeon sat outside of the house balcony with Yuri, waiting for the photo shoot to start.

“Yuri ah, I am going to fly to South Korea” Taeyeon said. Yuri remained silent. “I’ll be back on Sunday, I promise” Yuri still did not respond to her. “I’ll be back and fully prepared for S&S Show”

“Okay Taengoo. Okay, but remember your promise to come back” Yuri gave up. “You’re very stubborn, you know that?”

“Yes I am aware of that” Taeyeon said, smiling. “Thank you Yul”

“When are you flying?”

“Tonight”