Chapter 13: I Miss You

L.A. To Seoul

 

 

Yuri knocked the wooden door 5 times, she waited for a good 2 minutes before the owner of the dorm opened it. Yuri was calm by then, entering the university dorm. The owner greeted her and asked her to sit on a long couch. Yuri sat, she felt a little tired from her long drive from San Francisco with Taengoo just now.

“What are you doing here, late at night?”

Yuri raised her eyebrows, and then glanced at the clock on the wall, it was 1AM in the morning. No wonder the owner took a long time to answer the door. Yuri looked back at the girl in front of her, wearing her blue pyjamas with her messy hair.

“I am sorry for coming this late Sica, there is something I need to ask you” Yuri apologized. She paused for a second before speaking again.

“Did you know who did that to Tiffany Hwang?”

Jessica gulped. Why is she asking me this? She thought inside.

“Of course you know who the bastards are, you are the vvip of Taengangers, you know everything, right?” Yuri said again when the other girl did not respond to her.

“Or, did you ask those girls to do it for you?” she asked again. Yuri could see an uneasy expression on Jessica’s face. Yuri could hear her heavy breathing as the dorm was very quiet. She looked straight into Jessica’s eyes but the other girl looked away, and walked towards the door.

“It’s late, you better go” she said

Yuri started to felt annoyed. Her breathing was unstable. She stood up and approached Jessica, who was opening the door for her.

“I know it’s you, Sica” Yuri said, looking at the other girl seriously. Her face was red. The other girl looked terrified and guilty. “You don’t mess around with me or my artist, Sica” Yuri raised her voice. Jessica looked down on the floor.

“Look at me!” Yuri shouted, taking the other girl’s hand harshly.

“Don’t touch me” Jessica said, fighting for Yuri to let go of her hand. “Let go!” she shouted and pushed Yuri away.

“You know, from the beginning I’ve been helping you around, giving you info about Taeng, giving you exclusive access to her concert, to her show, asked her to follow you, but this is how you repay me?” Yuri said. “Taengoo is not just my artist, Sica. She is a sister, a friend, and I hate seeing her crying every single day, every single night, looking like a dead body, and that is all because of you” she paused, she swore her head was about to burst.

“I did not ask you to do all of those for me, I never ask for all of those, you gave me those, remember Yuri, you gave me those! I don’t even know or understand why you were giving me those specialities” Jessica shouted back.

Yuri could not control her anger anymore, she pushed Jessica. She pushed causing her to hit the door, and the door closed. Yuri raised her hand, and was about to punch Jessica, Jessica closed her eyes seeing that coming.

BAM!

 Jessica opened her eyes, and was surprised she did not feel anything. She looked to her side where Yuri’s fist was hitting the wooden door. She looked back in front, Yuri’s face were only inches away, she could feel her breathing. Without warning, Yuri pushed her lips against her. Jessica’s eyes popped out. Yuri kissed her passionately, it was a depressed kiss. Yuri pulled away. Jessica was dumbfounded, standing there, frozen.

“I did all of those because I ing love you, Jessica Jung. Because I love you”

Yuri the pulled Jessica from the door, opening the door, and leaving the speechless Jessica there, standing like a statue, she could not believe what she just heard.

 

**

 

Tiffany threw herself on her living room’s long couch. She felt tired. She groaned. She just finished vacuuming her whole apartment. She was satisfied with the cleanliness. She closed her eyes, hoping she could have a nice nap at 5pm in the afternoon. Before she could fall asleep, the apartment door’s clicked opened.

“I am home” her housemate, Seohyun came. “Fany ah, you’re cleaning again today?” Seohyun said once she turned her back, looking at the tidy living room. She then approached Tiffany who was still lying on the couch.

“Fany ah, are you okay?” Seohyun asked, putting her thick books on the table near them. “You only clean when you’re upset, are you okay?” she asked again, looking at Tiffany who was closing her eyes, her hands on her head.

“I’ve been asking you since you arrived four days ago, and you did not answer me, you don’t even talk to me, you don’t even eat with me, wait, you never ate since you arrive! Fany ah” Seohyun took Tiffany’s hand and Tiffany opened her eyes, she smiled at Seohyun. But Seohyun knew that smile, it was not a genuine smile.

“You cannot lie to me, Fany. I know you very well. At least, tell me your problem, even if I can’t help. At least, it will make you feel better” Seohyun said again, looking at Tiffany’s hand, rubbing it, as if to make the other girl feel better. “And don’t give me that fake smile of yours”

“It’s nothing, Juhyun, really, I am fine” she answered the other girl

“Your ankle is hurt, and you clean like an ahjumma, you mopped the floor, you vacuum them, you sweep them, you washed the curtains, you even clean my bed sheet, you washed CLEAN dishes twice, that is not the definition of ‘fine’, Fany” the other girl disagreed. “Tell me, Fany” Seohyun then pouted.

“I..” Tiffany paused, she was forcing herself to not cry. “I am hurt, I am scared, I am sad, I am confused, I am…” she failed, her tears were then flowing. Seohyun felt bad for Tiffany, she wiped away Tiffany’s tears. Tiffany let her.

“It’s okay, Fany. It’s okay, as long as you are here, you are not going to get scare, I am here for you. It’s okay” Seohyun tried to calm the other girl.

That night, Tiffany tossed around her bed, she was feeling a little relieved after talking to Seohyun about her dilemma. She tossed again, and she saw the posters of Taeyeon she hang on her bedroom’s wall, she started to cry. She missed her. She grabbed her phone, and unlocked it, she felt more heartbroken when she saw Taeyeon’s face on her wallpaper. She wiped away her tears.

She wanted to open her Twitter app, but she could not do it, she did not want to read all of those tweets from the Taengangers about her. She then decided to opened up Youtube, she searched for Taeyeon’s music video, she wanted to hear her lover’s voice, but a new video caught her attention. The title was ‘FANCAM: Taengoo cries during performance’. She clicked on it and watched it.

Tiffany did not realise when she started cry again. She was concentrating watching the video of her lover, crying in the middle of her performance, Tiffany could not do it, she cried more hearing the soft voice of Taeyeon. Tiffany could hear pains in Taeyeon’s voice, she could felt Taeyeon’s ache. Tiffany stopped watching the video as she started to sob, she was crying very hard, her pillow was wet.

She then opened her Instagram account, she was wondering if her lover post something, she wanted to know everything. She then found Taeyeon’s update on the homepage. Tiffany felt guilty, she felt bad, seeing Taeyeon’s sad face. Tiffany could see pain in Taeyeon’s eyes. Tiffany cried more. She couldn’t help it. It has been 4 days since she talked to her, it has been 4 days since she touched her, it has been 4 days since she felt her warm petite hands, she missed her, she missed her so bad.

Tiffany closed the Instagram app and clicked ‘call’. She wipe away her tears, she didn’t want the person who she was calling to hear her cry or to have a feeling that she was crying. The phone call took so long, Tiffany groaned.

Hello, she said inside when the call was not answered.

“Hello, damn pick up the phone yah, hello, meori apa” she said, the call was not yet answered

 

**

 

“For God sake, Taeng, what the hell are you doing on bed at noon! Wake up!”

The voice startled Taeyeon, she was annoyed. Feeling more annoyed when the person who shouted opened her bedroom’s curtain and let the sun came in, her eyes hurt.

“Sunny ah, go away” she said.

“Two bottles of Chivas, Taeng? What the…” Sunny said when she turned around after opening the curtains and finding out there were two empty bottles of Chivas on the floor, next to the king size bed. She then sat on the bed, and pulled Taeyeon closer, putting Taeyeon’s head on her small lap.

“Sunny ah, leave me, please” Taeyeon begged

“You are seriously like a zombie, Taeng. This is not right, I am calling Yuri” Sunny said, grabbing for her phone in her pocket, but Taeyeon stopped her.

Don’t, don’t” Taeyeon said. Sunny sighed.

“Taeng, this is not you. This is not the Kim Taengoo I know” Sunny said. “Come on, rise and take shower, okay?” Sunny said in her cute voice, hoping that Taeyeon would listen to her.

“That aeygo of yours is annoying” Taeyeon said, now sitting on the bed, she looked very messy, her breath smelled like alcohol, her eyes were sore, her face was swollen. She was then surprised when her phone rang, she quickly reached for it. Thinking that maybe it was Tiffany.  It was a text message from someone else, she was frustrated.

HyunA 4min:

Hey Taengoo. How are you? Heard those stuffs from the news, hope you are doing fine. I miss hanging out with you.

Taeyeon sighed and put her phone back on the table next to her bed. She looked at Sunny who was having the ‘who is it’ expression on her face.

“No one, Sunny. Its no one” Taeyeon said.

“Ahhh, Taengoo, come on, go shower, come on” Sunny said, standing up, pulling Taeyeon’s hands, forcing her to stand up “Come on, Dandyu fighting!” she shouted

Taeyeon sighed then rose. She walked away unsteadily to the bathroom, Sunny smiled when Taeyeon listened to her commands.

Taeyeon was brushing her teeth, looking at the mirror. I look terrible, she thought inside. Suddenly she heard Sunny shouting again, she could not hear it clearly because of the pouring water.

“What is it Sunny?” she shouted and stopped the flowing water on the sink. was still with toothpaste.

“There’s a call” Sunny said

It’s probably Hyuna, Taeyeon sighed. HyunA is one of the Korean artists she collaborated with alongside PSY and Jay Park. She was a member in a Korean girl group, 4 Minutes. They were friends for almost 2 years now, and Taeyeon knew that Hyuna had a crush on her before and started to avoid her. She was surprised though to receive a text message from Hyuna that moring, and she thought that Hyuna was the one who was calling her because before, whenever Hyuna texted her and she did not respond, Hyuna will straight away called her.

“I am not taking it” Taeyeon shouted back. She opened the tap water and cleaned the toothpaste inside .

“No, you really have to answer this Taeng, it’s an international call”

Hearing that, Taeyeon rushed to get her towel and wiped her wet face. She went out of the bathroom and grabbed her iPhone 5 from Sunny’s hand. She looked at it, it was Tiffany. Taeyeon answered the call before it was going to end. Taeyeon was relieved.

She wanted to say hello, but she was afraid to say so. She did not know what to say. The other girl at the end of the line too was not speaking a word. There was a silent.

“Tae” Tiffany’s voice suddenly heard. Taeyeon felt calm, she felt peace when she heard the voice of her lover. That was what she was waiting for for the last couple of days.

“Baby” Taeyeon said. Silent. Silent for another second. Silent for another minute.

“I miss you” the both of them suddenly said in sync. Taeyeon started to cry. She could hear Tiffany’s cry too. She knew the other girl was hurt.

“I miss you, I am sorry I caused this. I cause you to get hurt, I am sorry” Taeyeon said

“No, Tae. It’s not your fault. I am sorry, I am sorry for not calling you these past few days, I was not only torturing myself, I am also torturing you, I am sorry Tae” Tiffany apologized, she sobbed, and Taeyeon could felt her ache. “I can’t live without you, Tae”

“I can’t live without you too, baby” Taeyeon said, her eyes were wet, her eyes were red. “I’ll protect you from now on, I will not let people hurt you anymore, I don’t care about what people say and I am going to protecting you, I am going to protect you” Taeyeon said, determined. “I don’t care if I lose my fans, I don’t want to lose you”

Taeyeon started to cry more. She missed the other girl so much. She had made a decision, and it was final. She did not want Tiffany to get hurt anymore, especially by her fans.

“I am coming there” Taeyeon said again.