Bang Yongguk

The Lioness

Jinsu and I were at the basketball courts, shooting freethrows and sinking layup after layup into the hoop. I was dribbbling the ball, charging her. She couldn't stop me, I was heavier than her. Using a spin move, I put the ball up once again, drowning it into the hoop with a swish, completing the hook shot.

"Unnie, this isn't fair, you're too good at this!" Whined Jinsu with a pout.

We were getting looks from the people on the other side of the court because we were loud. But so were they so it shouldn't have mattered anyway. Jinsu seemed to notice and sent a glare their way. It was her way of telling them to mind their own business before she did something about it. They turned around, acting like nothing happened.

"Why are they starting at us?"

"Just ignore them," I replied to her with a shrug of my shoulders, brushing them off. I passed her the ball and she shot from where she was before I had time to get over to her to block the shot. It went in perfectly, no backboard. "Why were you telling me that our match wasn't fair, you just made that without a problem?"

She let out a decieving giggle. "Nevermind!"

I sighed, this was so like her, not that I was complaining. She was my friend after all. I looked around, the other two should be here soon, but they were no where in sight.

"Where are they?" I asked half to myself.

Jinsu shrugged and ran to pick up the ball that she just shot before it could go anywhere. Dribbling back, she lined herself up with the freethrow line and shot smoothly. It was once again flawless.

"Eunae unnie!"

I turned and saw Bom and Jihyo, both with earphones in their ears and they wore their matching sweatshirts. Bom's auburn red hair was up in a curly ponytail while Jihyo's black hair was straight. Bom wore the sneakers with the hidden heels in them, making her three inches taller than she actually was. The shoes were white with gold detailing and silver spikes to decorate. Jihyo wore her regular converse with her skull mask down around her neck. She never went anywhere without it.

"Hey!" I said, waving them over and a backhanded fistbump. It was our way of saying hello, ours and only ours. Nobody else did it.

"I like your shirt, unnie."

I looked down to see what shirt I had on. It was ironic that I had to look at what I was wearing. It was a close cropped light pink three quarter sleeved shirt. It was comfortable and I had never worn it before. Now it was a part of my regular wardrobe that was made up of mostly black and neon colors.

"Thanks," I said as I guided us back to our table in the adjoined skatepark. We sat down when something, or someon, caught my eye.

Bang Yongguk.

He was the leading male rapper at the competitions that I went to, the king. He had five other friends. Zelo, Daehyun, Himchan, Youngjae, and Jongup. They were greeting each other with some handshake that all guys seemed to know. His smile was bright, but there was something about it that screamed of sadness. There was something about him, the way that he moved, the way that he talked.

He wore a black tanktop that showed the definition in his muscles. On top of that, he had on loose skinny jeans and sneakers that were loose as well. Two small gold chains hung around his neck that swung back and forth with each step that he took. Girls bombarded him, trying to get with him. He had two by the waist on either side of him, the major s. Their outfits could be considered to be next to nothing and the makeup was falling off of their faces. Of course this was the way that he was.

Bang Yongguk, the only guy that had my attention on him.

"Unnie, what are you looking at?" Asked my closest friend, Jihyo. She was the only one that knew of my little crush on the guy that I had my eyes glued to. The girls around him annoyed me, I could put them down if I wanted to, they were easy to get. The guys didn't say no to anything, they just had girls swarming around them without even trying.

"Nothing," I said, turning my head away from him. Jihyo gave me a look like she knows what I was doing. A smirk creeped onto my face, telling her that she was right.

Bang Yongguk.

The only thing that kept me awake at night. Besides my life at home. This was my escape, the skatepark and basketball courts. My escape from my life at home, I never wanted to go home and I often spent the night at Jihyo's house. She knew what I dealt with, the bruises that were left on my skin, she was the only one that knew. She was the only person in the world that had seen me cry...

All because of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subscribe ^^