Losing My Mind

The Lioness

Blood ran down the side of his face. I climbed nimbly back into the window and then I ran quietly downstairs. I went to the kitchen, wetting a cloth to wipe the blood from his face. If he was still there.

I ran out the door and down the street where he still stood in the street light. I stopped in front of him and he looked down to me. We just stood there, staring at each other before I made the move to clean the blood from his face. Being this close to him was suffocating.

"What happened to you?" I asked, not meeting his gaze but still dabbing the cloth to his head to clean the red liquid. It was in his hair, staining it a dark color and wetting it to his head.

"I got into a fight."

"WIth who?"

He hesitated to answer the queation. "My step-mother, I didn't stop her from hitting me."

This time I met his daunting orbs, pausing. "With what? This isn't caused by just a simple hit."

"And neither is this," he said, pulling my hair back that was hiding my temple. There was a dark bruise there and I hit away his hand.

"That's none of your business, now answer me, with what?"

"A bottle," he said simply.

I pursed my lips.

"You look good when you're concentrating on something."

"Shut up and let me clean this, idiot."

He huffed with a smirk as I didn't pay his compliment any mind. I wiped away the last of the blood to reveal the semi-deep cut along his hair line. It didn't look like it needed stitches but it needed to be bandaged. There was nothing else that I could do at the moment. I took a step back, dropping the blood stained cloth and my hand to my side. I turned to walk back to the house but my wrist was grabbed and I was spun around. I raised an eyebrow as he backed me into the near-by wooden fence behind to sidewalk.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm going to kiss you," he said, matter-of-factly.

I stared up at him as he neared me, trapping my body between him and the fence. Was he serious about this? He might have been since he leaned forwards, putting his hands on my hips. My head angled up as he was just centimeters away from my lips. Slowly, my eyes involuntarily fluttered closed.

When nothing happened and the weight that was originally leaning on me disappeared, I reopened my eyes. He was still inched away but with a victorious smirk on his face.

"You fell for it."

"No I didn't, I didn't want to be kissed by you anyway," I said, pushing him away.

"Then what do you call that?"

"What?"

"You closed your eyes and acted like you wanted to be kissed."

"No I didn't!"

"You're such a bad liar," he said, his smirk widening into a smile.

I looked away, crossing my arms across my chest. "No I-"

I was forced to the fence again but this time with a pair of lips on mine. He had me cornered and I could do nothing but close my eyes and accept the rough kiss from Yongguk. I slowly kissed back and he smiled into the kiss.

He pulled away. "See?"

"Whatever," I said, pushing past him to go back home. I felt his stare on my back as I walked away from him. On the outside I was cool and collected but on the inside I felt like a schoolgirl that just kissed her crush.

What was happening to me?