After Years

The Lioness

"Eunae-ah, I'm....your mother," said the woman as she smiled at me.

My whole body went cold, the blood in my veins turning to ice. Everything inside of me screamed to run and get out of the house. All of the hatred that I had was directed at this one woman who was in front of me. Why had she decided to come back after all these years? After she just abandoned my family and turned my once loving father into an alcoholic. I refuse to forgive her.

"Why are you here?" I growled under my breath, giving her the nastiest look I could muster.

The smile that was on her face seconds ago vanished. She looked down to her linked hand with my father and then back up to me. "Please understand Eunae, that I never wanted to leave you and your brother all alone and without a mother all these years. But I'm here now and I can start being a better mother and wife for my family."

"Shut up! If you wanted to be a good mother and wife then why did you leave us!? You just left without a word or explanation!" I exploded and lost my cool, I couldn't keep it in any longer. My teeth were gritted together so hard that it made my jaw painful. My hands were balled into fists, my nails digging into the skin of my palms and drawing blood from the crescent moon shapes imprinted from my nails.

She sighed and looked guilty before replying to my questions. "You have to realize this, that I thought that it was the best to leave you at the moment and later I realized that it was the wrong choice."

"Don't feed me that bull!"

My father sat there without saying a word to either one of us. I turned to him, so angry that tears were starting to form in my eyes. I looked at him as if to plead for something.

"Say something appa," I said quietly.

He stared at me and a small smile appeared on his face. "I'm sorry for everthing that I've done. I'll be a better father for you, I promise that I'll be there and support you. It's all my fault. I can't believe that I let all of this happen. I'm sorry Eunae, I love you my daughter," a tear slipped down his cheek.

"It's okay, I forgive you appa."

"Now that you two have made up-"

"But I'll never forgive you for what you did, you abandoned us. You haven't cared about me since you left so why start now? Why are you even here, you're not welcome in this house," I snapped at her, my gaze piercing through the woman at that table.

"Eunae I'm sorry."

"No matter how many times you say sorry, it doesn't matter. Those words are dead to me coming out of your mouth," I said coldly. The anger inside of me surged to the surface and I was near to tears because of it.

"Eunae...."

I spun on my heels and burst out of the house. I sprinted down the street, nearing the street lamp on the corner. The tears finally slipped down my cheeks and all I wanted to do was destroy something, particularly the woman that was my mother that sat inside the house. I kept going, heading for the skatepark and not noticing that someone was coming from around the corner.

We crashed into each other and the male put his hands on my shoulders. I finally looked up at him and realized that it was Yongguk that I had crashed into and he was now seeing me cry. I glared at him.

He cocked his head to the side. "What's wrong with you? You look like you just came from a hell hole."

"You can say that," I growled.

He smirked and then did something unexpected, he pulled me into his chest, wrapping his arms around me. It wasn't like he was hugging one of his s, this was a caring hug. I let my head drop onto his shoulder, my tears wetting his shirt. I breathed in his scent and it calmed me almost instantly. I brought my arms up to encircle his chest.

"So what's going on?" He asked me softly into my hair as he nuzzled into the jet black strands.

I sighed and mumbled into his skin. "Umma is back."

His grip on me tighteded as he knew what happened so many years ago. With just those few words I had explained everything to him.