What They Don't Know

The Lioness

Yongguk's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A man emerged from the darkness that the small house held. He looked like he was old enough to be her father but he was visibly drunk. The man looked like he was an alcoholic and the way he treated Eunae was horrible.

She had me fooled from the start with her calm and cold exterior. Eunae had always acted like nothing in the world could bother her, like she had a wall that nobody could get over. Seeing her tears slip down her face right now proved that she wasn't indestructable. She was different than I had first seen her, this wasn't the Eunae that I knew. The way she was now had me wondering how she could stand her life at home, how she could stay with her father always beating on her like he was now. Had he ever hit his daughter?

Eunae suddenly let out a small grunt as the man's fist connected with her face. Eunae just stood there and took it, her head snapping to the side viciously. She stood there, her head turned to the side.

My blood ran cold. Real men never hit a woman. I admit it, I wasn't a very nice guy but I would never think of laying a hand on a female like that. A man was supposed to protect women, not be the reason of their pain.

I read her lips as she whispered her next words. "I'm sorry, appa."

"Shut up you worthless and get inside!" Her father said loud enough so that I could hear all the way from the streetlight where I stood. This man, he made me sick.

She turned and entered the house without a word. She looked like the world was about to come to an end. Euane was extremely pale, scared like I had never seen her before. The Eunae that I knew was fearless and this wasn't her. Now I knew that she wasn't emotionless and heartless. Eunae was just like every other human being, just she covered up her emotions better than others.

 

 

Eunae's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into the house with no idea what my father would do to me. The punnishments always got worse every time and this time it was becasuse I was late getting home. I just wish that he had already been alseep from drinking. But he wasn't and I was stuck with having to deal with another lesson in pain. He was in a drinking haze so he never knew what he did to me when he woke up the next morining and began drinking again.

Sighing, he grabbed a hold of my shirt and dragged me into the kitchen where bottles littered the table. Gulping, I didn't know what was going on and I didn't want to find out.

I turned and sprinted as fast as I could to the stairs. About half way, I heard something wiz by my ear. The object shattered against the floor and I jumped over it. I was almost to the stairs when another thrown bottle broke at my feet. There was no time to jump over it so I ran right through the glass and bolted up the stairs. I didn't stop until I made it into my room and then locked the door with the many locks that were on the door that attatched to the frame. I sighed as I slid down the door, my back against it.

I looked down to the bloody footprints that lead into my room on the wood floor. My feet hurt and it was obvious that glas had been lodged into my skin. I stood on my tip toes and danced into the adjoining bathroom to my room. I grabbed a towel and guaze with antiseptic. It was nice so I climbed out the window and settled myself on the roof to clean my small wounds. I had actually gotten off easy tonight.

I looked down and covered my mouth, almost throwing up. A large piece of glass protruded from the side of my arch, blood leaked from it. Gulping, I took a hold of the glass, ready to cover it with the guaze as soon as I got the piece out. There was no way that I was going to the hospital. For one, I couldn't tell them what happened. Two, I didn't have the money to pay for the medical bills.

I attempted to pull the piece out and gave a shrill shreik. It was a lot more painful then I had thought that it would be. Pursing my lips I decided that I needed to do this. I held up my fist and bit down on it as I pulled the piece out of my foot. Luckily, my hand muffeled my screams of pain. The chunk came out and I let it slide down the doof and into the gutter. Quickly, I covered the wound with the guaze to try and stop the bleeding. Right now I needed to come up with something similar to stitches. Butterfly bandages and super glue would work to seal the wound. Then I would have to stay off of it for a few days. That meat lying to my friends since they didn't know the truth about my father.

I sighed and put the wet towel on it now, cleaning away the blood. I pushed myself from the roof and then hopped into my room. I hopped over to my desk, looking for some of the old super glue that I had used for a project when I was little. Shuffling through the small drawrs, I finally found it and made my way into the bathroom to look for some butterfly bandages.

Five minutes later I had fixed myself up the best I could and made my way back up to the roof. I sat down and watched the stars twinkle up in the sky and then watched the city lights in the near distance.

Someone was watching me and I knew that from the moment that I set foot onto the roof. The person was leaning up against the streetligh again, just where he was the first time.

"Yongguk, why don't you go home and leave me alone?" I yelled to him.

His head snapped up to meet my cold, hard eyes. We held each other's gaze with emotionless faces. Suddenly his emotionless expression turned into a cocky smirk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please subscribe and comment. I hope you guys like this chapter, just decided that I would try something different with Eunae and Yongguk! :)