Stop and Stare

The Lioness

Later that day, Jinsu and I went back to the park. It was near dark and the lights had just came on, illuminating the park in neon colors. I smiled, I loved the night when the city lit up in all its beauty. It was a way for me to get away, even for just a few hours before I had to get back home before my appa woke up. At that thought I frowned and pushed it out of my mind.

We walked over to our table in the park. Semmi and her clique were no where to be seen but Yongguk and his friends were rolling up and down the ramps on the far side of the park. They did only minor jumps and tricks, being relaxed and just having fun.

"Unnie, why are you looking over there at them?" Asked Jinsu out of the blue.

I snapped out of the stare that I had going and looked to her. "It's nothing, no reason."

"Sure," she said sarcastically. "So, so you like him?"

"What?!" I asked loudly, going on the defensive side of things.

"You heard me, so you like him? Yongguk?"

"No, why would I?"

"Oh, just becuase you're different when he's around, you always look at him, you were talking the other day and then he left when I came around. Girl, you sat there with a clueless look on your face, I've never seen that part of you before and we've been friends for years," she said, giving multiple points.

I groaned and put my head down on my folded arms that were resting on the table. She was right, I was acting strange, not like my usual self. Maybe she was right, that scared me. Did I really like Youngguk?

"See?" She said, puting her hand on my arm.

"Ugh, this ."

I raised my head to look at Jinsu but she was looking past me to something else. She straightened, taking her hand off of my arm. Jinsu had a small smirk on her face. "Speak of the devil."

I turned to look over my shoulder only to see the very man walking towards our table. I looked around, there were no other people that he could be going to besides us. I gulped down this feeling in the pit of my stomach, like something was clawing at it.

"Euane!"

I sat at the bench and turned at the calling of my name. I stood as he neared Jinsu and I. When he was in front of me, he put his large hand on my shoulder and pushed down, making me sit back down.

My breath caught in my throat as his hand followed from my shoulder to the edge of the table. Yongguk leaned down towards me to stare intently into my eyes. I didn't know how to react so I just froze in place. He was so close to me, so close to my lips as he leaned forward. I was forced to lean back a little as he got closer, too close for somfort.

"You don't really think I'm going to..."

He got nearer to where I thought that surely he would kiss me.

"You dropped these," he whispered into my ear, his lips barely brushing my skin as he placed a set of keys in my hand. He had opened my hand with his free one. The skin close to my ear was tingling. I took in a shaky breath as he slowly retreated from me, his cheek brushing mine as he pulled away. My heart was pounding, beating so hard that he could probably hear it.

The contact was still there as he pushed off and left, looking into my eyes before he turned. I seemed to be doing this a lot lately, watching s he comes near to seducing me and then watching the man walk off without another word. He was definately a tease.

I looked over to Jinsu who had a small smirk on her face, her eyebrows raised. "Was I right or what?"

"Shutup!" I groaned helplessly.

I turned back around to watch his siloutette as he crossed back over the neon graffiti. The way he walked was full of swag that had me so drawn to him. There was just something about that Bang Yongguk.