Won't Back Down

The Lioness

It was the night of the annual summer rap festival at the skatepark and basketball courts. Music was being played, crashing out of the speakers set up around the park. The directors were still getting the place set up for the festival. The sun had went down a while ago and the lights were on, turning the place neon colors, the graffiti decorating the walls and ground.

Several girls were having a dance-off in the middle of the basketball courts, highlighted by the neon colored graffiti that they were standing on. A large group of people circled the girls to watch as they slowly got eliminated. The music that beat out of the speakers they syncranized their bodies with, moving with the heavy beat of the bass. They would go from smooth and fluit to jerky and mechanical. Hardly anyone could keep up with one of the girls who moved like a professional dancer.

The winnner of the duel was announced and cheers were heard from the crowd. They slowly dispersed at the music played on as entertainment before the real show began.

I sat at our usual table with Bom, Jinsu, and Jihyo all in tow. We scanned the crowd, looking for our competition. Only Jihyo and I had been registered for the event this year. Bom was sick, or that's what she said. Jinsu just didn't want to do it so she said that she would cheer us both on. My eyes looked over the area, searching for Semmi and her clique. Maybe she would be a no show.

Then I saw a figure in the crowd walking like she owned the place, a certain sashay that I recognized. It was unmistakeable that it was her, no denying it. She shook her hips dramatically as she walked, her walk being dramatic and attention grabbing. There was no doubt that she wanted the attention of a certain person, Bang Yongguk.

I rolled my eyes as she caught up to him, her group of s smiling dumbly behind her. It was surprising how much hate I had for her. Yongguk turned his head and looked her up and down, taking in her extrememly short shorts and cut neckline of her tank top that hugged her curves, showing off her body. The way he was looking at her, she might as well not have been wearing anything. It was like she was posing for paparazzi, the way she positioned her hand on her hip and dropping it.

It's going to go down tonight for sure. She was registered and I was going to hand her to her.

I wore spiked converse shoes that flashed in the neon lights. They were attention grabbing, so was my neon green tight t-shirt with the black accents. I wore a flat bill hat with a bunch of different logos on it with my board straight black hair. My shorts were short as well, but more concealing than Semmi's pair. There was barely any material with the ones that she wore.

my lips, I got up from the table. I turned to the others who had their eyes on me. "Do you guys want a drink?"

"Sure," said Jinsu. The others shrugged.

I left, walking to the coolers that were featured at the festival. I grabbed two Sprites and two Cokes and turned to go back to the table. I met the sinister eyes of Semmi, Ami, Hee-Sun, and Li Ah. They all had a smirk on their faces like they knew something. I sent them a glare and walked back to the table and I could feel their stare on my back the entire way back.

I sat down the drinks and then slid in next to Jihyo. We all grabbed one and opened it, taking a swig of the carbonated drinks.

"Hey, I'll be right back," I said, getting up from the table to find Semmi. Why was she acting like that, it annoyed me to no end.

"Where are you going, unnie?"

I turned to Bom. "Just pray that I don't knock a out."

Her eyes widened and she watched my back as I walked away, pushing through the crowd.