Champion

The Lioness

I was the reigning champion of the rap competitions. My past was put behind me but it still hung over me like a cloud. I was notorious at the skatepark that competitions were held at, there was a full basketball court attached to it, separated only by a short comcrete wall. Graffiti covered the courts and the wall as well as the park. It lit up neon as soon as the lights came on when the sun had disappeared beyond the horizon.

This was Seoul, this was my home city. Huge and crowded, there were plenty of people to hate and befriend. I was mainly hated on, but I had my small group of friends. I was cold, harsh and sarcastic. They were the same way, their pasts similar to mine.

The four of us walked into the skatepark, our jean shorts and neon converse shoes showing who we were. I had a t-shirt on and so did the others. I was the only one who had a hat on though. Girls stared and glared at us, afraid that we would decide to steal their boyfriends. We paid them no attention, these s weren't worth our time. We walked and took up our usual table in the corner of the skatepark. It was nearing dark, the lights kicking on to illuminate the neon graffiti that seemed to make the entire place come to life.

Bom sported sunglasses and a sassy walk with her neon pink converse shoes. She was the girliest of us all, Jinsu coming in at a close second. Jinsu had her earphones in, jamming to some music that we could hear from across the table. Then there was Jihyo, the tomboy who always wore her trademark mask with skulls on it.

"Eunae unnie, look who's coming our way," said Jinsu, pointing behind me. I swiveled my head to see the town's coming closer and closer, her heels clicking on the concrete of the skatepark. We laughed when she almost got ran over by a male skateboarder aiming for another ramp on the opposite side of the park.

"Euane!" She screeched, her too short jeand shorts riding up her , showing extra skin. She also had a cut off shirt that ended just above her bellybutton, exposing the skin. She wore too much eyeliner, making it seem like she had raccoon eyes. Her shirt was a "V" neck, showing off her rather large bust that she was very proud of.

"What do you want, Semmi?"

"Are you trying to steal my boyfriend?! Keep your grubby hands off of him."

I smirked, and turned completely to face her, my elbows resting on my knees. "Why would you think that?"

"You !"

The smirk on my face disappeared. "You had better watch what you say to me."

"Why should I?" She put a hand on her waist, shifitng her weight to one side.

I walked up to her, anger present in my eyes. I was tall for a female and I was intimidating, my dark eyes seeming to pierce through people's souls when I was angry. I glared down at her, even with heels she was still short. I walked up to her to where I was face to face with her and put my hand up to tap her cheek with my index finger.

"You had better be careful, Semmi, you don't want to get me mad. Now I suggest that you shut up and run home before something bad happens. Okay?" I hissed in her ear, tapping her cheek repeatedly, showing her where I would end up hitting her.

Fear was present in her eyes as she nodded weakly.

"Good, now get going!"

I shoved her away from me harshly. She acted like she wasn'tafraid but there was a different story in her eyes. He spun aroud quicky, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

She ran back to her friends and I sat down with a bored sigh. She wasn't even any fun. This was my territory, nobody challenged me, I was the queen. Nobody messed with me, or if they did, they soon found out why not to mess with me. My past has scarred me, it has made me this way. Cold, uncarring, sarcastic. That was all me.