Chapter 8: Jessica

Cursed Love
Tiffany's P.O.V
We finally arrive inside the court as we started to play baseball.We were practicing like the usual but this time, I wasn't playing. I never did play. They just don't want me. So here I am, sitting down on one of the benches waiting till the club is over. My cycle has always been like this. I thought that I could at least make some friends in my club but in the end, they all avoided me.
 
"Sigh" It came out of my mouth.That's the only thing that accompanied me right now.Suddenly I saw someone going towards here and I recognized who it was, it was one of the seniors as he came to me making stoned in my seat fearing what he will do to me then his next action made me startled as he suddenly threw his bat to me. Due to the sudden action I was caught unprepared for it so the hard wood hit my head as I hissed in pain with tears b in my eyes but I decided to hold it.There's no use in crying about it right now.
 
"Hey clean that for me." That's all he said before he turned his back on me as he ordered me like I was his personaly maid as he picked up a new bat before completely left. I didn't know that there was some duty like this in baseball but then again, I never really know anything except for playing. They never let me have knowledge in baseball. The only ones that I can play with is with my sisters but other than them, no one.I looked at the bat as I smiled, satisfied that I got to hold it. This was just the second time holding the bat eversince I was in this club. They just never let me do anything baseball related at all. All of my friends last year in this club were all gone. They were seniors but they treated me like how my sisters treats me. They were nice and they defended me from the ones that will bully me. I also got to play with them numerous times and I had the most fun.I may not look like it but I have always love playing baseball. Running around, sliding to the ground, catching and throwing the ball.It was just enjoying to me. 
 
I wiped my tears away as I took out a nearby rag and started to clean the bat. Playing baseball was my way of relieving my stress but there is one more reason why I love playing baseball. I don't know how but whenever I play baseball, I always get reminded of a certain girl.I finished cleaning the bat so I set it down and watched once again.
 
"Sigh" It came out from me again as I just sat there watching,envying them. I put my legs closed to my chest and hid my face in them as I wrapped my arms around them as I closed my eyes shut as I can't bear the pain that was swimming in my heart. I feel so sad because I miss those kind hearted people who always played with me whenever they can. They taught me the ways of baseball along with some techniques. I wish they are here with me right now. Other than them there is also one girl who always plays with me.
 
"Okay. Here I go" I fixed my stance as I stared at the ball that in her hands but suddenly it disappeared.
 
"Sigh"
 
"It's okay. Maybe you're not a batter type.Let's see if you can pitch" I nodded my head then I took the ball and shuffled it in the gloves. When I was signalled, I nodded my head and positioned my body then I put all of my strength into throwing the ball in which was in my right hand..
 
"Strike!" I yelled as I  jumped happily.
 
"See? You are a pitcher! A curve one too" It was the same girl from earlier. She had long brown hair that was similar to a small fountain as it cascade down her shoulders while my hair has the color black as it only reaches under my chinas it bramed my face.We were playing happily with each other then we continued on playing until we heard a voice calling us.
 
"Kids, let's go"
 
"Ne"
 
"Let's go?" I nodded my head and took her hand.
 
"Let's go" 
 
"Sigh" It came out once again but then I noticed that it didn't came from me.
 
"Hey Tiff, why aren't you playing?" I looked up to see Jessica in front of me with dirt sticking to her clothes and face but instead of making her look dirty, it made her look more enticing to the eyes of everyone.It somehow made her have the look of nature as the dirt also sticked to her goldish blonde hair making it look sparkle as the sun shined on her.The way she was wrapped in that brown dirt, she looks like that brown haired girl that used to play with me.I was trapped in a trance, a trance in whom she has casted to me as I don't have the slightest idea how to snap out of, not that I want to though.
 
"Yah Tiff! Why are you crying? Are you hurt somewhere? Did someone bully you?" Her voice, that what was brought me out.I blinked my eyes as I revert back to reality.How should I respond? I don't know so I just giggled as I set my feet down on the ground once again and put my hands on each of my sides. All of the sudden, I felt something dripped down on my cheeks but I continued giggling.
 
"Don't worry Jessi. I'm fine see?" But I guess it was not enough to convince her though.Of course,how woud she believe that I'm fine when I'm crying?...but why am I crying? then suddenly I smiled as Jessi kneeled down so we are now on the same level.Her hands, her soft,delicate hands gently grazed over both of my cheeks and slowly she cupped them as her eyes were staring straight into my own. As I continued staring at her eyes,I just noticed that she has clear eyes. Bright and healthy is strongly evident in them and the color of her eyes adds more to it's beauty. My smile was erased as I felt my own face heating up under her gentle touch. I felt her thumb caress my eyelids as she wiped my tears away.
 
"Don't lie Tiff. I know you're sad." I was going to retaliate denying that I'm sad but then my tears told another story. They fell and fell as a sob escaped my mouth. Tears soon blurred my vision but I can see Jessica still looking worriedly at me. Suddenly I felt a warm sensation on my whole body as I felt my face being laid into the crook of her neck. The invitation was warm and it craddled my whole body and so I accepted the very invite and soon I buried my face more into her neck as I cried. I don't know why I'm crying but I just did. Jessica hugged me and ran her hand on my back as she comforted me. I wrapped my hands in her waist as I continued sobbing. I felt like all those years of loneliness, hardships that the four of us experienced. Everything felt heavy and crying was my only way of releasing it but there was also Jessica's arms that protected me and comforted me. The way she told me that I was sad was like she read me like an open book. That dream, it was the same dream everytime I'm playing baseball or at least close to it. I felt like I forgotted something,like something is block inside of my memories. It was like they want me to remember them but I can't as only a small part of them is the only thing I can remember next.
 
*thump*
 
Pain entered my head once again but then I just let it subside because I don't want to get out of Jessi's embrace. It felt comforting and I felt like I was protected. The pain easily set aside as sleepiness took over my whole body. I slowly closed my eyes when I saw a figure coming close to me.
 
Jessica's P.O.V
We both entered the court but Tiffany was already far away from me. A group of girls and guys came to her then I saw her walk towards the bench and sit down. We all started playing but then I noticed that Tiffany was not even playing. Aish, where is coach?
 
"Hey, where's coach?" I asked someone beside me as she looked up and almost squeal but kept it in as I secretly rolled my eyes.
 
"Absent"
 
"Thanks" Then we all played again. Half of an hour has passed and I didn't even saw Tiffany playing even one bit as she was just sitting there. I slide down as I scored one for my team. Dust covered my every being but I never did care because well this is baseball. You will always get down and dirty.
 
"Hey why isn't Tiffany playing? She's a member of the baseball club so why is she just staying there?" I asked the same girl.She looked at Tiffany then smirked.
 
"Why let her play? She's so clumsy and she might spread her bad luck to us and affect out performance along with our victory when a match comes.Might as well let her stay there, away from us. She's even lucky that she was allowed inside the club." 
 
"Wait what do you mean by allowed inside the club?" I asked. We were given a short break so I just sat for a while on the grass when my original plan was to go to Tiffany but what did girl said caught my attention instead.
 
"What I meant is come on why let someone like them join clubs? It's not like they have to and it's also not like they can. I don't know whose the great genius who allowed someone like her to join our club but all I know is she is already included in this club before anyone else." After what the girl has said, practice quickly resumed but I was still deep in thought about the information I have just received about them. They are not just bullied but there right to join a club is also taken away. My eyes soon drifted to her as I was still looking at her as I hit the ball with my bat. I scored a home run making my team win but I don't care about that as I quickly made my way towards her. The bench is quiet far from the field so it took me sometime. By the time I arrived to her, she was sleeping. Her head was buried into her knees making her brown hair fall to her side. Her hair was long and it looked so smooth and soft and I can tell it was by just looking at it. The raise of the setting sun was hitting her whole being and even though her face is hidden, She still looks beautiful.Cursed huh? Yeah right.
 
"Sigh" I kinda pitied her because she was just sitting there, not being able to play as there right to play has been taken away just because of what they look.The way she and her sisters are treated are just awful. She suddenly woke up maybe because of my sudden presence.
 
"Hey Tiff, why aren't you playing?" She looked up as I asked her when I was suddenly suprised to see tears in her eyes.
 
"Yah Tiff! Why are you crying? Are you hurt somewhere? Did someone bully you?" I asked her as I was getting flustered.When I saw her tears that was glistening at the brim of her eyes, something clicked inside of me and my first reaction was to get utterly worried about her. I don't know why but I stand seeing her crying. Suddenly she giggled as she set her feet down on the ground once again and put her hands on each of her sides. I witnessed her tears falling once to her cheeks but she just giggled. What's happening to her?
 
"Don't worry Jessi. I'm fine see?"Even though she told me she was fine, I'm not convinced at all and I know she saw that.Why would I believe that she's fine when I'm seeing her cry?I kneeled down so we can be in the same level as I cupped her face and stared at her worriedly. Her smile broke apart as I saw her blush through my touch. So cute~ My thumbs wiped away her tears as she just kept on looking at me with those pair of beautiful pink eyes. Her pink eyes matches her pink tainted cheeks and pinkish face.
 
"Don't lie Tiff. I know you're sad" I saw that she was going to retaliate probadly going to deny that she was sad but before she can speak, her tears started to fall like a fountain in the middle of a garden. They fell and fell as she sobbed quietly. I looked at her as I was getting worried and frustrated that I can't even help her.There was only one thing that went into my mind as I watched her. I just hugged her as I put her face into the crook of my neck. I felt her nozzle her face more in my neck as she cried.I hugged her as I ran my hand on her back as I comforted her. As I was hugging her, I felt her arms wrapped around my waist as she just continued sobbing. She must have been so troubled for her to cry like this. It's more heartbreaking to see that she doesn't even know she's sad. She wouldn't know until her tears fell itself showing that she is sad. We didn't felt awkward with each other but instead I felt that it was right, like this is what I should really do for her.Suddenly I felt her steady breathing on my neck indicating that she's already asleep. I looked at my watch and see that it was already four signalling that all clubs has ended.Maybe her sisters are looking for her right now, so I set her body on the bench as she laid there sleeping. I glanced at her for the last time before I stood up to make a call.I punched in some numbers then I put my phone on my ear as I listen as it ring. I was going to call Taeyeon to say that Tiffany is here with me right now. Taeyeon picked up after the third ring.
 
"Yah Sica!" She suddenly sounds nervous.
 
"What?" Okay, I was the one who called her but I end up looking like I was the one being called.
 
"How can you make a phone call in this time of the day?" Huh? What does she mean?
 
"What do you mean Taeng?"
 
"No time for questions Jessica" I gulped as she used my full name. She may be dorky but when she got serious, you really should follow her order.
 
"Listen to me" After a moment of silence as I heard her breathe out she said it to me.
 
" She's at the soccer field right now" Okay, I'm the one who was supposed to tell her where Tiffany is but what is Tiffany doing in the soccer field when she's here in the baseball field. I didn't answer so she continued.
 
"...tied up in a chair and if you don't hurry up, you'll lose her" And with that she hung up.
 
Tiffany's P,O.V
"Hey wake up" Huh? whose that? I can't recognize its voice. I know that it isn't Jessica because this voice sounds harsher.
 
"I said wake up" I don't know but I seem to not be able to wake up right now.
 
"I SAID WAKE UP!" It yelled to me as it made me flinch. I hate it when someone is yelling at me, it makes me so scared. I don't know why but it just do. My heart beats faster as it jumps inside of my chest then suddenly I felt something cold being applied to my body as I abruptly woke up.
 
"huh?" I opened my eyes when I squinted it due to the bright light in front of me. What's going on? From what I remember is that I was being hugged by Jessica. Where is she? What's happening? Suddenly fear developed inside of me as my breath hitched as I tried to calm myself down.
 
"Do whatever you want" I heard someone said then without further realization of who it is, I felt something hit my face followed by a grunt from me as the pain was immense. It was then followed by a surge of pain in my arms as I screamed in pain. It was so painful that after some hits I felt my whole body turning numb. So this is what it feels like to be beaten. I-I need my arms, I wish I can use my arms again because without it then I won't be able to play baseball anymore and if that will happen then...tears were falling from my eyes along with some blood and sweat. I guess they also hit my head since everything is spinning.
 
"How dare you get close to her!" I flinched again as she yelled at me but I didn't answer because the air in my lungs are slowly decreasing as I tried to gasp for air. When I didn't answered, someone yanked my hair hard making me cry out then the air in my lungs were all out as I tried to breath while I was being tied to a chair.
 
"You know people like you doesn't deserve to get close to people like Jessica-ssi. You never deserve there attention, there presence or touch!" It yanked my hair once again forcefully as I cried out. Everything has been spinning before my eyes as I can't seem to breathe properly. How can I when they beat up? I can already feel some broken bones like my ribs. They're right, I'm just a person lower than those beggers, a person that doesn't even deserve to be called as a person,something that has an eye that everyone curses, an eye that caused someone's death. An eye that burned a terrible memory in the back of my mind that I can never forget as it haunts me in my sleep. I wish everything would just stop, I'm so tired. I felt my eyes closing itself as my breathing was stopping and my beating heart was halting but then when I was close to my death, an image flashed into my eyes that started something inside of me. An image of a face smiling to me flashed before my eyes as I unconsciously smiled. That image, that innocent face, that happy looking girl. It's her.
 
"Jessica" I whispered to myself. Everytime I see her face, I know that she is everything I need. Everytime I hear her voice, I know that she can comfort me. Everytime she embraces me, I know she will protect me and everytime I'm with her, I know that she brings me back to life. The things she do to me. I heard someone yelling followed by a hard object hitting my head but I don't care. I don't even care if I'm full of scars, injuries,sweat, tears or blood because all of it goes away whenever I remember the time we shared in the classroom where she comforted me, whispered sweet words to my ear, where she smiled happily to me and where she hugged me treating me as someone who is also a person, who also has feelings unlike others who treated me like a dog in the streets. I know I'm going to die with all of this injuries, with the pain in my head physically and from my forgotten memories but the pain of not seeing her anymore, not hearing her voice and not feeling her safe embrace is much more painful to me. Just thought of it scares me to death.I don't want that but I guess this is my fate. I'm glad that I got to meet someone like her though I do want to spend more time with her but I don't want to abuse the chance they gave me so all I want to say is thank you. All those years of being alone, being abused, being treated like rats, all of them were washed away and forgotten when I met her like in that classroom. Just being with her makes me feel that I'm complete. Even now, I still see her in front of me. I smiled a little, thankful that I got to see her before I close my eyes as she also gave me a simple smile. She slowly made her way towards me as I saw that she was in pain due to the baseball and soccer balls that hitted her instead of me but I also saw determination in her eyes. Finally she was in front of me as she kneeled down in front of me as they all gasp but I don't care about them. Suddenly my aching body lost all of its pain when a pair of arms wrapped themselves around me as I was in her comforting embrace once again as she slowly whispered to my ear and after a moment of silence she whispered again as I couldn't be more happier as I finally closed my eyes with a contented smile of my face.
 
"Tiffany!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's the next chapter. Hope you all like it ^-^ Wow I just realized that so many things happened in the first day of school XP Thank you for all the comments and I really appreciate it ^^ Misaio out~