Chapter 16: Smile

Cursed Love
Someone's P.O.V
That name
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
Jessica
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
Wait no, not Jessica.
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
Tiffany
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
Yes that name
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
I just reliazed that
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
that name
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
is actually my
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
name
 
Suddenly I heard something. It was a groan.The voice was hoarse and as it called out, it's voice cracked.
 
"Je-Jessi?" then all of the sudden I saw something appeared in this black darkness as I slowly opened my eyes to clearly see what it is.
 
It was a white light. It was bright even if it was surrounded by darkness. I squinted my eyes to get a clearer view.
 
Wait, it's not a white light.
 
But it was actually...
 
A figure.
 
It was a girl probably in the same age as me.
 
There standing was a girl basked in the white light who has long yet slightly wavy blonde hair that resembles the golden sun as it shines in the morning, pure white skin whose whiter than white itself, long eye lashes, perfect arched eyebrows, thin yet full lips and flawless face with a gentle smile carved on those thin lips as her clear eyes were staring straight into my own along with her hand extended towards me waiting for me to take it.
 
Should I take it?
 
or
 
Not?
 
But she was inviting me and moreover waiting for me so I shouldn't be rude.Besides, if I accepted her invitation then maybe I will be able to escape this place but if not then I at least have someone to be with.
 
I gulped.
 
Well here goes nothing.
 
I took a step forward with my right foot followed by my left and soon I was slowly making my way towards the girl. The more I got nearer to her, the more I'd realized that the girl was beautiful,no much more than that. The girl was the epitome of perfection. 
 
I was caught into a trance, A paralyzing trance that wrapped my whole body making me unable to move.
 
Suddenly, I was in front of her and my breath turned hitched and I wasn't even able to notice it even if I was the one who walked towards her and this is because of her, because she wrapped me around her stunning beauty.
 
Once I was in front of her, her smile grew bigger revealing her white set of teeth. I slowly took her offered hand and I noticed how soft and delicate her hand was and I also love the warmth that was radiating from her. It felt good to be around her,she felt so warm and comfortable to be with.
 
As soon as I grasped her offered hand,I felt something going up from my arm but I don't have to look at it to know what it is, it was her hand. Her slim fingers were drumming on my skin as they continued there ways until it passed my shoulder blade towards my neck reaching to my cheek as I shivered at the contact and slowly she cupped cupped one of my cheeks with her delicate hand as she brushed it with her thumb.
 
I felt something, something that was similar to the warmth that was radiating from her but this time it didn't came from her, it came from me or to be more specific, it came from my cheeks.
 
Her touch was very gentle,light like a feather that came from an angel's wings. It was like she was very cautious on touching me but she wasn't hesitating at all and I couldn't help but lean into her hand as I close my eyes, enjoying her touch.
 
All of the sudden, I felt something been wrapped around my waist as it pulled my body closer. My eyes jumped open from the sudden action but I just found myself staring straight into a pair of beautiful white eyes that glinted like a new shined pearl and it caught me into a daze.
 
Our bodies were pressed together and she felt so soft and I love the feeling. Our faces were close together as my breathing turned quick and making my eyes turn half lidded before she slowly inched together. Inch by inch she came closer to me and before I knew it, I felt a pair of soft lips on my cheek and it was enough for it to take over my whole body and I soon found myself not in control of own body as my knees buckled.
 
My knees gave up so I leaned into her as I nuzzled my face into the crook of her neck as I wrapped my hands around her waist.Suddenly something went inside my nose,it was a scent. A sweet,tangy scent filled my senses and what happened next shocked me.
 
I felt something similar to a sharp bolt in which entered and electrecuted my whole being. A name,a name appeared next and I remembered the voice from earlier. The very voice was hoarse and it cracked after it spoke. The name, the name it uttered earlier.
 
"Jessi..." It came out of my own mouth and yet I was suprised,very suprised as I slowly raised my head to meet her eyes.Her smile turned small but it was still full of happiness. She didn't said anything as she just pulled me closer once again by pulling my waist as her other hand let go of my cheek as it also joined her other hand. She brushed our noses togehter.
 
"Jessica" I whispered to myself. Everytime I see her face, I know that she is everything I need. Everytime I hear her voice, I know that she can comfort me. Everytime she embraces me, I know she will protect me and everytime I'm with her, I know that she brings me back to life. The things she do to me. I heard someone yelling followed by a hard object hitting my head but I don't care. I don't even care if I'm full of scars, injuries,sweat, tears or blood because all of it goes away whenever I remember the time we shared in the classroom where she comforted me, whispered sweet words to my ear, where she smiled happily to me and where she hugged me treating me as someone who is also a person, who also has feelings unlike others who treated me like a dog in the streets.
 
I know I'm going to die with all of this injuries, with the pain in my head physically and from my forgotten memories but the pain of not seeing her anymore, not hearing her voice and not feeling her safe embrace is much more painful to me. Just thought of it scares me to death.I don't want that but I guess this is my fate. I'm glad that I got to meet someone like her though I do want to spend more time with her but I don't want to abuse the chance they gave me so all I want to say is thank you. All those years of being alone, being abused, being treated like rats, all of them were washed away and forgotten when I met her like in that classroom. 
 
Just being with her makes me feel that I'm complete. Even now, I still see her in front of me. I smiled a little, thankful that I got to see her before I close my eyes as she also gave me a simple smile. She slowly made her way towards me as I saw that she was in pain due to the baseball and soccer balls that hitted her instead of me but I also saw determination in her eyes. Finally she was in front of me as she kneeled down in front of me as they all gasp but I don't care about them. Suddenly my aching body lost all of its pain when a pair of arms wrapped themselves around me as I was in her comforting embrace once again as she slowly whispered to my ear and after a moment of silence she whispered again as I couldn't be more happier as I finally closed my eyes with a contented smile of my face.
 
I gasped as a memory, yes a memory came inside of my mind. I was startled by it's sudden appearance as I pushed her away as my first reaction. I wasn't able to gain my balance so I fell backwards as I landed on the floor, first. I felt something dripping down from my eyes to my cheeks wetting it in the process and I soon found my vision blurry. I found myself unable to breathe causing for me to pant as I try to catch my breath. 
 
I started shaking as my whole body trembled. I grasped my head and buried my face into my knees then I just...cried. I don't know why but I cried,I just cried. Who? What? When? Why? Where? How?
 
Confusion
 
It took control over my whole body as I just cried not knowing the cause and end. I just sat there as I continuously sobbed and whimpered.The cause...The end...Cause...End...What...is...it...?
 
I felt fingers carefully making there way to my chin before it lift my head up as I didn't bother to wipe my tears. There she was sitting in front of me as both of her feet were the ones on the ground instead of her as her left hand was on top of her knees that were pressed together while her right hand was under my chin lifting my face.
 
A smile...
 
It never left her face as she flashed me another one but this time it was a small yet a gentle one as I started to cry again but this time my tears never stopped falling. I let go of my head as I used it to cover both of my eyes as my tears fell and fell. They could probably fill two buckets and a half.
 
The cause...I found it...through her smile. The end...I also found it...through her smile.
 
"Jessica..."
 
"Who am I for you to do that?"
 
"Jessica..."
 
"What am I to you to do that?"
 
"Jessica..."
 
"When was the last time someone did this for me?"
 
"Jessica..."
 
"How can you do that when I'm just a stranger to you?"
 
"Jessica..."
 
"Where do I stand in your life for you to do that?"
 
"Jessica..."
 
"Why did you do that when we have just met?"
 
I sobbed as my tears never stopped falling nor did it lessen. There was something inside of me that was the cause of my tears and it felt so sad and painful and crying was the only way that I could think to let out that feeling inside of me.
 
I asked but I wasn't expecting an answer from myself, from her nor anyone. They were just formed from that name and I just asked it. Truth to be told,I felt the sadness and the pain decrease inside of me when I asked those questions.
 
Warmth...
 
I felt it wrapping my whole shaking body along with tenderness and sincerity. There was a pair of arms circling my body and I don't need to guess to know who it was.
 
'Jessica'
 
Everything became clear, everything became light, everything became warm and everything became comfortable as my face was once again in the crook of her neck as I looked at her face. My tears suddenly halted as the sadness and the overwhelming pain inside of me disappeared replaced with warmth, her warmth. My hands made there way around there body as I also hugged her. I was still sobbing due to my crying but it wasn't enough to replace a certain feeling inside of me.
 
'Jessica'
 
That feeling, it was pure happiness. Nothing more, nothing less. I slowly felt something on my lips and before I know it, there was a small smile on my lips as my eyes were starting to drop down as I felt tired, wanting to go to sleep and slowly the image of the girl in front of my eyes was starting to be covered by my own eyelids but before everything start to close, I caught a glimpse and she was smiling once again towards me and her smile was as warm as the sun. All of this happened just because of one statement that came from her in which stopped my tears,erased my sadness and pain,halt my trembling body,spread warmth all over my body and finally answered my questions.
 
"Because I love you."
 
And it was enough to make me feel contented.
 
Earlier there was a voice that I heard as I even described it as hoarse as it also cracked as it said something.
 
Well
 
...
 
You
 
...
 
should
 
...
 
know
 
...
 
by
 
...
 
now
 
that I was the one who said that.
 
Soon everything disappeared as a new sensation flooded my whole being but before anything happened,I also caught a glimpse of my hands and what I saw next suprised me yet I didn't felt scared at all.It was blood.
 
I was laying down on something soft but it wasn't wet at all but I can feel tubes,needles and something similar to a mask all over my body. I felt my throat getting dry as if I didn't drink water for five straight days. My eyes slowly flutter open as I first came in contact with a strong sense of light hitting my face and especially my eyes making me groan in the process.
 
"Je-Jessi?"
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys ^^ Thank you for the past comments, added subs and views and omg! an upvote. Sorry guys but I just love upvotes. hehe~ I'm really happy about how you try to guest through the comments but sorry guys, it's her name hehe. Please do comment your reactions about that matter ^^ and thank you HwangJung for being the 3rd upvoter ^^ Thanks guys, see you and have fun reading ^-^ Misaio out~