Chapter 12:Blood

Cursed Love
Jessica's P.O.V
 
I sat down on one of the stools as I faced Tiffany whose laying down on the hospital bed with tubes sticking to her body. My heart clenched as I saw her condition. It looks so painful even by just the look of it.
 
*beep*
 
The monotonous sound of the heart monitor can be heard inside the quiet room as I just looked at her.
 
*beep*
 
It repeated and just like the monotonous sound that was coming out of the heart monitor continuously, the scene from earlier repeated itself once again inside of my mind. 
 
*beep*
 
With every sound my ears picks up, my eyes produces tears as it picks up the sound of the machine that shows that Tiffany is alive.I sobbed quietly as I burrowed my face into my palms.
 
"Tiffany..." That's the only thing that came out of my mouth because that's the only thing that I can utter right now.I was filled with anxiety,fear,sorrow,sadness,and most of all longing. I want to see her beautiful smile that never fails to take my breath away.I want to see her angelic face that was filled with happiness but right now, all I can see is a girl resting with an unreadable expression on her face with a mask on allowing for her to breathe and a heart monitor on her side showing her signs of life that produces a monotonous sound. The scene from earlier replayed once again as it treated my mind like an open cinema. I grasped my head as I closed my eyes shut trying to forget it but it just won't go away.
 
Tiffany is now being directed towards the operation room immediately after we got here as I held her hand. Blood was mostly covering her whole body and even her face. Her clothes has been damped by her own blood.I was grasping her hand as I followed them while I only kept my gaze at her eyes even though they were closed as dried tears can still be seen. 
 
'How?' The question bugged my mind as I kept looking at her.How come someone who is as innocent as an angel be treated like this? It's not like she was a pawn of the devil. She wasn't even close to that and yet here they are throwing punches,kicks,baseballs and soccer balls at her. The way people avoided her, it was like she was affected by a deadly disease that can affect other people.It's just horrible. I wish I was able to get to her sooner. I wish I could be by her side forever. I wish I could protect her to the things that can harm her but all of those were only wishes that can be only granted if I did them.My thoughts were halt to a stop when a nurse stopped me in my tracks.
 
"I'm sorry miss but this is as far as you can go" I looked at her with pleading eyes as I stopped her from walking away as I grabbed her wrist.
 
"Please...save her"It was the same line I told to Taeng back in the soccer field.The nurse only smiled at me as she patted my hand that was grasping her wrist.
 
"We will do our best" and with that she entered the operation room as I stared at the door in which were she entered.I found myself standing, facing the door as I slowly take a step backwards and soon I was sitting down on one of the hospital chairs.I sat feet apart as I bend down and look at my hands.
 
'Blood' That's all I saw in my hands but not just in my hands, from my arms up to my chest there was blood, Tiffany's blood and yet I wasn't grossed out at all. Why would I be grossed out? It even felt important to me as I stared at my palm then soon my tears came next.My tears dripped down from my eyes then directly to my bloody palm as the tear took the color red due to the tremendous amount of blood in my palm.The way it looks like, it was like I cried bloody tears from my eyes but I did shed bloody tears from my heart due to the pain I felt when I reliazed how pathetic and useless I am and if anyone can see it, I could have been covered in my own blood by now due to the tremendous pain in my heart.
 
"Why are you so weak Jung Jessica?" I asked  as I cursed myself when I can't even answer my own question.I sat there staring in my own palms when I suddenly put my hands together as I interlaced my fingers together and put it in front of my face as I closed my eyes and started to pray.
 
"Please God,save her.I beg of you.Please give her one more chance to live.Please let her survive the operation.I don't even understand it. How come someone like her whose like an angel be treated like she was the daughter of Satan? She deserves happiness. She and her sisters went through a lot so please at least gave her a chance to be happy.She's precious to me and I don't want her to disappear.In the short time that we spend together, I immediately realized that I can't live without her. She gave new meaning to life to me.I want to touch her soft and warm hand right now.I want to see her beautiful eyesmile tomorrow and I want to hold her in my arms forever.I know I'm asking for too much but please I beg of you. Whatever it takes to make her happy, I'll do it so please God." I spoke every word carefully and sincerely. I can't take it if she leaves me. I don't know what I'll do if that happens. I slowly opened my eyes as my tears fell more then suddenly like on cue the light on the operation room turned off and soon a doctor came out as I looked at him as he slowly approached me while he was taking off his surgical gloves and masks. When he took off his mask, all I saw was a..........................smile and I don't know why but it also made me smile as I stood in front of him. 
 
"Good news she survived the operation though she did loss a lot amount of blood but..." and that's where everything broke down as he spoke it to me word by word as I was filled with horror.
 
"..."
 
"I'm sorry but can you repeat it?"
 
"The baseball bats,baseballs,sturdy sticks and soccer balls mostly hit her right arm and legs.She received severed fracures on her right arm and legs.Her injuries are just way to extreme and I was astonished when she reached this hospital and the operation room because the patients that I mostly know that received this kind of beating are dead and what's more is that she lost a lot of blood. I don't know if her bones will be able to recover but since she is still young, it might happen but it might take a lot of time to heal."
 
"But if it didn't?" I just have to ask.
 
"If her bones weren't able to recover then she won't be able to move her right arm and legs anymore.Let's just wait,pray and hope for the best. Excuse me" He left as I just stood there frozen. Sh-She might not be able to move her right arm and legs anymore?  but if it did happened then I will be her right arm and legs. I did promised to God and I will do anything for it to be fulfilled.I just stood there as my words were stuck in my throat then I just found myself inside a room where Tiffany is resting as I can see a cast on her right arm and on both of her legs.Everything inside was eerie and quiet and only the sound of a heart monitor can be heard.
 
"Tiffany..." How ironic it is when a heart monitor shows signs of life of one person as it makes one person relieved that the patient is still alive but that very heart monitor only produces one dull and repetitive sound but when the line goes flat, it produces a high pitched ring that makes people panic.
 
"Tiffany..." I have so many things inside of my mind but her name is the only thing that cames out of my mouth.Her name was like a mantra as I repeat it again and again though I don't know why. I didn't went home as I just stayed as I still wear the same clothes that was dyed in blood but it doesn't matter to me. I don't want to leave her side in fear that something might happen to her once that I am gone.
 
"Tiffany..." I uttered once again as I looked at her. Her chest moved up and down indicating that she was still breathing and it did gave me a sense of relief. I want to hug her again. I miss the warmth she gives to me whenever I embrace her but right now, only the cold wind enters my body as I felt.....alone and empty all of the sudden. I want to cry but I don't want to show my weakside to Tiffany even though I kow she won't see it and like on cue the door clicked as I looked at who it was, it was Yuri with Yoong.
 
"Sica?"
 
"Jessica unnie?" The two of them mumbled as they entered the room. When I turned to look at them, I wasn't able to see them clearly due to my overflowing tears making my sight blurry.
 
'Wait. Why did my sight got blurry when I looked at Yul and Yoong but my vision was clear when I looked at Tiffany?'
 
"Jessica..."
 
A woman suddenly appeared in front of me.It was blurry and unclear but I know it was a woman. She had long,jet black hair,wearing a pink dress but I wasn't able to see her face but there was one thing that was clear and visible to my eyes. Blood.I saw blood in front of her dress and even in her arms as she tried to reach for me.In return I backed away out of fear but since I was sitting on a stool, I fell backwards as I fell to the floor while I stared at her,at her body that was smeared with blood.
 
*thump*
 
I heard the sound of my heart along with the stool that created a loud sound as it made contact to the ground.
 
*thump*
 
My heart that was beating furiously inside of my chest is the only sound I heard and the sight of the bloody woman in front of me is the only image that I saw. My breathing went ragged, bullets of sweat fell from my forehead as my mouth was hang opened while my eyes were wide from shock. No other things went inside of me except for one...
 
Fear
 
It came rushing into me instead of adrenaline as my breathing became heavier than before. I felt numb all over as I stared at the woman who has her arms wide open while I witness some blood dripped from her arms. My body started to tremble as I just kept looking at the same place afraid of what I will see next if I move. She moved forward again with her arms still wide open as I crawled backwards as I continued moving until I felt something hit my back as I wince as a surge of pain went inside of me. I closed my left eye due to the pain while I remained my right eye open to look at it, it was a wall. I was trapped.
 
"Jessica..."
 
She called my name once again as my heart thump faster and harder than before as it reached to the point were it's becoming painful. I snapped my head towards the woman so fast that I heard my neck snap. I was still looking at the same place but this time I saw her crouching down to meet my eye level. I was scared, frightened at what I will saw next. Out of fear, I looked down on the floor as I covered my eyes with my shaking hands as my eyes were open but there was a little space between my two hands since I was shaking so much. 
 
"No more..."I mumbled then...
 
"kyaaaaaaaaaaaaa" I screamed and trashed around afraid that it will come closer to me when I felt a hand on my shoulder.
 
I suddenly heard a voice as I stopped moving as I slowly raised my head then all of the sudden, all I saw were imminent darkness in front of me.
 
"Jessica!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's chapter 12 ^-^ Thank you for the ones who were okay for me to be hiatus for a while due to school ^-^ I'm glad I have understanding readers like you.So here is chapter 12 and like my promise, I'll try to update once in a while so here it is ^-^  Thank you for the ones who subscribed to it as it gave me more hope,to the ones who commented on this fic as it gave me more ideas and for the ones who reads this as it made me happy.So thank you everyone ^-^ Misaio out~