Chapter 8

Down To The Grass

 

Chapter 8

 

 [Yoo Rin’s P.O.V]

 

 

We moved into the big, new apartment with four bedrooms and three bathrooms that our parents bought for us. It was in Seoul. The apartment was situated near B2ST’s dorm and near their studio where they practices. It was too big for only two persons to live in. When we moved in, it was already equipped with furniture. After our parents left, I choose to sleep in another room than sleeping with him in a room. I slept in one of the guest’s room and I also turned it into my working room. I was transferred to a hospital in Seoul because it was nearer than going back and forth to the hospital in Gong-Ju. I will surely missed Henry and Zhou Mi. They were my best friends at that hospital. But, Jun Hyung suggested that I resigned from being a doctor and become a housewife. My parents and my in-laws also agreed on that suggestion. I have to resign from my job and stay at home and now I’m jobless. I was against that suggestion because I don’t want to trouble Jun Hyung. But still he insisted me to stay home. I would be bored staying alone at home. Even though, I hate this suggestion, I had to obey it since he’s my husband. What can I do if I stay home? Maybe my routines will be the same everyday. Go to the market, cleaning the house, cook, and back to doing the housework. What an old, boring routines everyday!!

 

 

[Jun Hyung’s P.O.V]

 

 

Yoo Rin was against my suggestion because she thinks she would be a burden for me. But, still I say no. She was now my new family and I have to take care of her as her husband even though, we are married  because of our family friendship. She said she would be bored if she stayed at home too long. I can always ask her to come to the studio to see us practice and then went home with me. I wasn’t against about her sleeping in another room instead of staying in the master room with me. And, I’m also happy that she would talk to me a bit even though she was only asking about the household.

          Now, I have to go to the dance practices after my manager and my dance choreographer letting me a break because of the marriage thing.

 

[At the practices room]

 

I arrived there one minute late because all the people at the company was congratulating me on my wedding. When I reached there, they almost start the dance practice. Our choreographer saw me coming and stop the music.

 

          “Yong Jun Hyung, could you tell me why are you here late?”

 

          “I’m sorry, hyung. I was stuck with many people congratulating me on my marriage.” I said to him with my muffled voice from all the running.

 

         “We think that you were doing something yesterday. That would be a reason for you to arrive late today.” Dong Woon said to me. I just smiled.

 

         “That means you have done something yesterday.” Doo Joon added.

 

        “No. How could that be? Do you guys remembered that her wife was his old enemy and hate him. How could that ‘thing’ happened?” Yo Seob said.

 

        “What do you mean?” the choreographer asked.

 

        “It’s nothing, hyung. Yo Seob was only joking.” Hyun Seung said while sending a glare to Yo Seob. Yo Seob make a face ‘I don’t know’.

 

        “Ok. Ok, boys. Enough. It’s time to practice again.” The choreographer said.

 

        “Oh, hyung. You didn’t went to their wedding, right? Her wife was really beautiful, you know?” Gi Kwang said to the choreographer, trying to make him forget about practicing today.

 

        “You’re right. Why don’t you bring your wife to the studio today so I can meet her and since I didn’t went to your wedding and give you guys your wedding present, I will treat you guys tonight.” The choreographer said.

 

        “Yayyy!!!” The boys scream.

 

        “Can I call my wife to mention her to come here?” I asked. The choreographer nodded. I went outside to make a call. I dialed her number. I wait for awhile and then she picked up her phone.

 

        “Hello?”

 

        “Hello, who is it?” She asked.

 

        “It’s me Jun Hyung.”

 

        “What do you want?”

 

        “Can you come to our studio today?”

 

        “For what?”

 

       “My choreographer want to meet you. On our wedding day, he didn’t came and he want to treat us for tonight as a wedding gift.”

 

       “At what time?” She asked. I look at my watch. Now is 9.30 a.m. My dance practice take about one hour and 30 minutes.

 

       “Maybe at 11 a.m or you could come earlier.”

 

       “Alright, I be there at 10.30 a.m.”

 

       “Alright then. I’ll see you then.”

 

       “Goodbye.” She just disconnect like that. I walked inside the studio and continued my dance practice.

 

 

[Yoo Rin’s P.O.V]

 

 

        I looked at the clock and see it was already 10 a.m. I took the apron that I was wearing and went to my room to get ready. I choose a blouse that will match my bag and then I put some make up on. I left the house at 10.15 a.m. I locked the door and went to my car. I started the car and went to my destination. I arrived at that building at 10.25 a.m. I went to the information counter and asked where the B2ST member rehearse at. They said it was on the fourth floor. I went to the lift and entered. I push the close button on the lift and the door closes. Suddenly, someone hold the lift door from closing. That ‘someone’ entered and press the button where they want to go. I pressed the close button again and the door closes.

        Suddenly, the person looked at me and asked, “I think I know you from somewhere. Aren’t you Ms. Yoo Rin, no I mean Mrs. Yoo Rin? Don’t you remembered me? I went to your wedding.”

 

         I tried to remember her. Ah, she was the one who helped me when I almost fell because of the rock that I stepped on. “ Ah, you’re Kwon So Hyun, right?”

 

         “I’m glad that you remembered me. Where are you going?”

 

         “I’m going to meet Jun Hyung. He asked me to come to their studio. But I don’t know where the studio is. I think I have to ask people again.”

 

         “I know where are they practicing. I can show you where is it.”

 

         “Really? Well, I don’t want to bothered you about this. I’m sure you have other things to do.”

 

        “It’s a small matter. Anyway I’m going to the same floor.”

 

        “Oh, really?” I said.

 

       “Sure.”

 

      We arrived at the floor and went out from the lift. She showed me where the B2ST member rehearse everyday. She sent me until the front door only.

 

       “This is the room. They are inside. You should go.” She said.

 

       “Again, thank you so much for your help. I really appreciated it. You should go. I think you are also late for your ‘thing’ here.”

 

       “Ah, you’re right. I have to go now and it’s my pleasure too to meet Jun Hyung oppa’s wife here.” She said. I bid my farewell to her and twist the knob. When I entered, seven pairs of eyes looked at me. I know the six people in the room but I don’t know about the another one. Maybe it’s their choreographer.

 

       “Annyonghaseyo. Is this the right room where B2ST members rehearse?” I asked first.

 

       “Of course, miss.. no I mean Mrs. Yoo Rin. Can’t you see your husband right here?” Dong Woon said and pointed at Jun Hyung. Dong Woon take my hand and kiss it. Jun Hyung suddenly clearing his throat.

 

 

[Jun Hyung’s P.O.V]

 

 

 

I saw Dong Woon taking her hand and kissed it. I admitted that I’m a little bit jealous with Dong Woon holding her hands. I cleared my throat to make a sign that it is enough to play with me like this. Dong Woon  chuckled when he sees my expression.

 

         “So much for a jealous husband.” Dong Woon mumbled and the rest of them laughed. Only the choreographer didn’t laugh. He look at Yoo Rin with his eyebrows were raised and mouth slightly ajar. Gi Kwang who realized that, wave his hand  in front our choreographer hyung. He seemed to come back to reality when Gi Kwang shook his shoulder.

 

         “I’m sorry for going into Dreamland just now. Wow, Jun Hyung! I give you a thumb up.” My choreographer said that. I signaled Yoo Rin to come closer to me. I guess she saw my signal and came toward me. When she came to my side, I leaned to her ear and whispered “Today, just act like we were really married because of love not because our parents, okay? At here, only my members know about this but my choreographer doesn’t. So just be lovey dovey with me until we went home.”

 

        “Example?” She asked.

 

        I think for awhile and I think today will be the best day in my life. I answered her question, “ Example is like you always hold my hand and acted like we’re a happy couple all along and always smile.” She nodded as an agreement.  I put my hand in front of her and she put her small fingers through the empty spaces between my fingers.

 

        “Hey! What are you guys whispering about?” Gi Kwang asked.

 

        I was about to answered when Yoo Rin suddenly answered “No. It’s nothing.” She smiled at them.

 

        “Well Jun Hyung, I think you’ve made a good decision marrying her. She is more beautiful than your past ex. She is tall and has long hair which added the more beautiful she was. Did she work?” My choreographer asked.

 

        “She worked as a doctor but I asked her to stay home. So, she resigned.” I said.

 

       “What a waste. With her body, I think she should be a singer instead a doctor, don’t you think so guys?” He asked the other members. They all looked at her from head to toe and nodded.

 

      “You could put her into the audition that was coming soon. Maybe we could test you here. Don’t you think so, guys?” He asked again and all of them just nodded quickly because they doesn’t want to practice today.

 

      “Can you, Yoo Rin – sshi?” I asked her. And she just nodded.

 

      “Well, what song would you like to sing? Ah, I get an idea. Do you know about their new song, Fiction?” He asked and she nodded. “ Well you can sing that song first and then I will teach you how to dance.”  She just nodded. This is an excitement for all of us because this is the first time we heard her sing. My choreographer started the song and the music plays. It was my rap first in the lyrics. I wonder how she would rap. I was shocked hearing her rapping. It so clear and it suited her really well. My choreographer just nodded his head along the song until the end of the song. After the song ends, we all clapped. She just smile. Suddenly, someone came in. It was our boss.

 

       “Who’s sweet voice is it?” He asked and the members pointed at her. “Well, you are a such young girl that have great voice and can rap well too.”

 

       “She’s not a young girl. She is already 22 (in Korean age) and plus she is Jun Hyung’s wife.” Gi Kwang said.

 

       “Really?” Our boss asked and I just nodded.

 

       “Yes sir. I was thinking of taking her to the audition that will be held in July. And we were testing her if she could sing and dance. With her appearance, I think she is qualified. Don’t you think, sir?” My choreographer said.

 

       “Then let her dance. I want to see her ability to dance.” Our boss said.

 

       “Well, I think you pass the test for singing. Now we’ll see how you dance. I supposed if you know the song, you should know how to dance to the song.” My choreographer said to her. He started the song at the chorus and she danced. She really could do the feet dance. After she finished, all of us clapped including our boss.

 

       “What do you think about her, sir?” My choreographer asked.

 

       “Well, I think she would be a great performer and that’s why I thought of taking her in right now instead of waiting for the audition in July. What do you think, Jun Hyung?” Our boss ask us.

 

       “I think she could. And her brother would be happy.” I said.

 

       “Who is her brother?” My boss asked.

 

       “Kim Jae Joong from Dong Bang Shin Ki.” I said.

 

       “She is the sister of Jae Joong? Oh, well then I think you have talent just like your brother.” Our boss said. “ If  I can’t take her, I think I would give her to Park Jin Young.” Our boss said and then leave.

 

       “That’s mean you already pass the test, Yoo Rin – sshi.” My choreographer said. “Okay guys, you could go home for now and don’t forget about our dinner tonight.” The rest of the member just nodded, packed their things and ready to go home.

 

       “Jun Hyung – ah, why don’t you bring her to our dorm? I supposed you could show her your room.” Hyun Seung said.

 

       “ Sure.” I answered and packed my things. I take her hand and follow the members.

 

 

[In Yoo Rin’s car]

 

[Jun Hyung P.O.V]

 

 

We followed the B2ST car from behind. I let her drive the car after quarrelling with her just now.

 

        “Do you like to be a singer?” I asked. She just nodded and focused on driving. I didn’t talked to her again because I didn’t want to bothered her while driving the car.