Chapter 6

Down To The Grass

 

Chapter 6

 

[Yoo Rin’s P.O.V]

 

 

I wear my lab coat on my small dress. As I walk, I put my stethoscope in my pocket. I walk faster to the ward that my first patient was put. This week, it is my turn to treat the patients from the men’s ward.

           “Hello Mr. Cho Pil Yong. How are you doing today?” I stopped beside the old man’s bed.

 

           “Yoo Rin – ah…. I’m fine.” He smiled at me.

 

           “Do you feel any good today?” I asked.

 

           “Like always. I just waiting for time.” He said, looking weak day by day.

 

           “Don’t say like that. I’m not happy hearing that.” I said while faking a smile at him.

 

           “You work night shift this week?” He asked.

 

           “Yes, haraboji (grandpa) For the first time. Did you take your medicine yet?” I asked him.

 

           He just nodded. “Ms. Jun Sae gave me just now” He said.

 

           “Alright then, you have to sleep now haraboji. So that you will be healthy again.” I said while I put his blanket properly after checking the saline-drip. “I’ll excuse myself then. I will come again next time.” I smiled at the old man.

          I went out from the dark ward. I almost bumped into someone outside the ward.

 

          “Yoo Rin, you can’t see people already?” the person asked me.

 

         I just smiled at the person. “Henry.” I said only one word. Huh! I thought I almost bumped into a ghost just now.

 

           “Checking Mr. Cho Pil Yong?” He asked.

 

           “Yup” I answered.

 

           “I see you are really close to him.”

 

           “I think of him as my real father.”

 

           We walk together.

 

          “Why?” He asked.

 

          “He is an old man that couldn’t do anything. It’s not wrong for me to love our old patient, right?” I said to him.

 

         “Mmm…. Our patients are really lucky..”

 

         “Why?”

 

         “Cause they got a loving doctor.”

 

        “Of course. I can’t be Cruella de Vil right? Furthermore, I’m not same like you. Anyway, you already work here for two years while I only work at here for two weeks.”

 

       I laughed and he laughed too.

 

       “Anyway, you look fabulous today for a doctor who came to work.” He said. I looked at my dress. Maybe it was too beautiful to be wear for going to work.

 

       “I take that as a compliment.” I replied. He laughed. Suddenly…

 

       “Dr. Henry!” a voice calling out. Both of us stopped and looked at the direction of the voice. Ms. Jun Sae was walking towards us.

 

      “Dr. Zhou Mi want to see you. Palliative.” She said.

 

      Henry just nodded. “ I’m coming.” He said to the nurse. “Yoo rin – sshi, I warned you. Don’t walk walked near the corpse room or tomorrow I won’t be seeing you again.” He said and winked at me.

 

       “Scare me.”

 

 

 

 

 

[Meanwhile, somewhere else]

 

[Leeteuk P.O.V]

 

This is our second day of our tour in Paris, but I still miss her. I also remember her story about her special patient. She called it her special patient cause that is her first patient. Her stories about treating various kind of patients. She also tell about her partner, Henry. My little dongsaengs. I can’t still Henry and Zhou Mi left Super Junior – M cause they want to continue their career as doctors. But they still came to the studio to check out about the recordings. I miss them all. Suddenly, someone shook my body that woken me up to the reality. It was ShinDong.

 

        “Hyung, what are you thinking just now? Your ramen is ready.” He said. I just smiled at him making him more confused with my reaction.

 

 

[At Yoo Rin’s home]

 

 

[Yoo Rin’s P.O.V]

 

 

I pressed the remote controller non-stop. Why today’s program is so boring??!! SBS, KBS, EBS, M-NET and a lot more.. I stared at the clock. 9:30 p.m. Where could oppa be? What kind of recording did he did? Since I don’t know what to watch, I just watch cartoon. My favorite, Popeye. My mom came out from the kitchen with a tray of tea sets and put it on the table. My mom start to talk to me.

 

          “Just now, your uncle Jae Hyung and your aunt Sae Rin came.” My mom said.

 

          “Mmm?” I raised one of my eyebrow without looking at my mother.

 

          “Your uncle Jae Hyung and your aunt Sae Rin came.”

 

          “I don’t know.”

 

          “Your dad’s friend.” My eyes are still not leaving the screen. I didn’t replied my mom.

 

         “He wants you to marry his son.”

 

         “Mmmm…” I replied. Bluto punched Popeye.

 

         “You don’t have anyone right?”

 

         “Mmmm..” Bluto caught Olive.

 

         “His son is one year older than you.” I just nodded. Oh My God!! Finally Popeye eat his spinach.

 

         “A singer like your brother. His group name is…비스트” My mom said. I bit my lower lip. Isy! A little bit, just a little bit.. You can catch him.. Popeye..Hwaiting..

 

         “His name is Yong Jae Soon.”

 

           “Hmm….Yong Jae Soon…” I just copy what did my mother just told me. Hah! Popeye punched Bluto in the face. Suddenly, reality shook me. Yong Jae Soon?? I know that name from somewhere.. “Huh?! Yong Jae Soon ?! Do you mean Yong Jun Hyung from 비스트?! That rapper?!” I spoke the his name one by one. I looked seriously at my mother. “What’s with him? What did you just say just now?” I asked again.

 

         “Just now you didn’t want to hear me. Now listen properly. His father wants you to be his wife. You didn’t have anyone on line, right?”

 

        “Didn’t your brother told you about this?” My dad start to interfere.

 

        “Oppa know about this?” I asked again. Before my question was answered, we hear a knock on the door. Our maid open the door and oppa came in. I stared at my brother…

 

[Jae Joong’s P.O.V]

 

I walked into the house and I see Yoo Rin glaring at me. What’s with her? This morning, she was so happy that it was the first time she get a break from her work a day. Then I saw my mom and dad face. Thir face showed confuse expression. And then Yoo Rin got up from her seat and ran up the stairs as fast as lightning and goes into her room.

 

        “What’s with her, Jae Joong? I was just talking about Jun Hyung and she react like that.” My mom said.

 

         Now I know the situation. “ Mom, didn’t I tell you that I will tell her one by one about this.” I said that to my mom and ran up to Yoo Rin’s room. I left my mom and dad with confusion.

 

[Yoo Rin’s P.O.V]

 

I stared at my brother who just got inside. He stared at me with confusion. I feel like my tears are going to drop any minute now so, I got up from my seat and ran up the stairs quickly and went to my room. After  I went inside the room, I locked the doors and went on crying. Then, I hear someone knocking my door. It was Jae Joong oppa.

 

            “Rin – ah, open the door, please.” He begging me.

 

            “No!! Leave me alone!!!” I shouted at him. I know I shouldn’t be shouting at my oppa. It’s rude. But I can’t think about that right now. He really crossed his line.

 

            “Rin – ah, hear what I have to say first.” He said.

 

            “I don’t want to !!!!!!” I shouted angrily at him.

 

[Jae Joong’s P.O.V]

 

I bite my lower lips and think for a conclusion for this. I take out a duplicate key from my pocket. When I opened her room, she was sitting on her bed while hugging her pillow. She looked up and she was really shocked seeing me.

 

             “Oppa out.”

 

             “Rin – ah..”

 

             “I say out!!”

 

             “Rin – ah, listen to what I want to say, can you?” I said. She got up from her bed and came toward me. She pushed my shoulder towards the door.

 

             “Out!”

 

In a split second, I hugged her tightly but she also responded fast and push me with her hands and feet. But, she still couldn’t do anything cause men are stronger then women. She can’t do anything. I tried to make her sit on the bed.

 

            “Let me go!”

 

            “Rin – ah, hear me.”

 

            “You stabbed me from the back. You’re a jerk, oppa. A jerk!!”

 

            “Rin – ah..” I’m still hugging her.

 

            “You don’t love me. You like to see your own sister have mental disorder.”

 

            “Rin – ah, I never want to do this.” I shook her shoulder.

 

            “We’ve listened to each other for eon years. Could you please give one minute for this?” I wiped my sister’s tears.

 

            “You know how much I hate him. This is about my life. He also degraded me just because I’m a vice – president of the school and he’s the president for the school” She said.

 

            “I know as an oppa for you and a friend for him, I want you guys to be happy.”

 

            “With him?! My life will never ever have any connection with him.”

 

            “He’s not that bad.” I said to her.

 

            “If you want, why don’t you just marry him!”

 

 

           “Well, Yoo Rin – ah, you know that I can’t simply marry him cause I’m a straight person.” I sighed. Between my promise with my parents to make her marry with Jun Hyung for the sake of our family relationship and my dilemma with Yoo Rin, is really making me losing my mind. Maybe I have to see Jun Hyung at his dorm tomorrow. I saw Yoo Rin calmed a bit and then I got up from her bed and let her go from my long, tight embrace and open the door. Before going out, I said to her, “Whether you like it or not, mom and dad already agreed with this marriage.” After that, I went to my room.

 

 

[Yoo Rin’s P.O.V]

 

 

I let myself fall on the bed. My room now is very quiet. I’m left alone. Jae Joong already went out from my room to give me some space to think about this sudden marriage. I closed my eyes for awhile. Maybe if I sleep now, tomorrow morning when I wake up, I’ll know that this all is just a nightmare.

          Or not.

          Sleeping is just running from the reality not deleting the reality. I opened my eyes again. I watched the ceiling fan rotating very fast.

 

          “Mom and dad already agreed with this marriage.”    

 

          My brother’s words is still lingering inside my ears. I have forgot about all this thing long ago. And now it came back haunting me again. I don’t know after 7 long years, I tried to forget about this things, but now it came back to me like it was my worst nightmare.

          It all started with a Yong Jae Soon or Yong Jun Hyung in our old school principle room. A Yong Jae Soon or Yong Jun Hyung if you looked at him at that time from head to toe is more like a shabby guy. With his style and his clothes at that time. Oh to tell in a story, we are classmates. From the beginning, both of us are like oil and fire. Both of us always quarreling and never make up. The reasons, I don’t know… Even though….

          Stop! I don’t want to remember all the nightmares for me. Why do I have to marry him? Why do I always ended up with my own enemy. I don’t understand.. First, Yoo Chun and now him. My brother know precisely that I hate both of them but yet he keep these all away from me. I hate men !!!

 

 

 

[At B2ST’s dorm]

 

[Jun Hyung’s P.O.V]

           

            “She got pissed off?” I said to Jae Joong. Jae Joong hyung just nodded.

 

            “Well, we know she will.” Hyun Seung said.

 

            “I know we can predict this would happen.” I sighed.

 

            “I tried to tell her one by one but my mom reveals it all yesterday. Don’t worry. I will console her.” Jae Joong said.

 

            “Or you could try to console her, hyung.” Dong Woon said.

 

            “Console her? That means I’m looking out for danger .”I said.

 

            “Hyung, DANGER??” Gi Kwang said and all of them laughed and started to dance to f(x) Pinocchio (Danger). I looked at them with my serious face.

 

            “Hyung, we are just playing around. Cool down, yo.” Yo Seob said to me while laughing.

 

            “I’ve never seen something like this in my life. A guy who is getting married with his old enemy, the vice-president. But, now the vice-president is getting pissed off when she know that she was going to marry her also old enemy, the president. This is a great story actually. I can wait to see the ending.” Gi Kwang said.

 

           “Will they get lovey-dovey in the end…” Yo Seop said while acting a  scene from his imagination.

 

           “Or they will divorced with hatred in each other heart. Kaboom!!!!” Dong Woon said. The rest of them laughed.

 

          “Yah!! Shut up will’ya? You guys are making me thinking twice about this marriage. Even though, I already told my parents a ‘yes’ about this. Argghhh!! Am I making the right decision or the wrong decision about this?” I said in frustration.

 

          “Jun Hyung - ah, just marry her. You do like her right? Try to make her to fall in love with you. Well, most people said when you hate someone very much, you wouldn’t know that you are slowly falling for that person.” DooJoon said to me.

 

          “Well, I hope you are true.”  I sighed.

 

          “Hyung, don’t worry. If you can’t do it, let us help you.” Dong Woon.

 

          “How??” Jun Hyung.

 

          “Hyung, cheered up, we’ll help you. Don’t worry.” Gi Kwang said.

 

          “Your dongsaengs are right. Just wait and see.” Jae Joong said.

 

          “Alright, hyung.” I sighed again.

 

[End of Jun Hyung’s P.O.V]