Kiss the Cook

Zombie Apocalypse

 

The walk to the kitchen was a bit... awkward. Sungmin had long since stopped crying but his eyes were bright red and puffy. Kyuhyun kept glancing over at him, his dark eyes feasting on the adorable sight.

Who knew bunnies could look so cute after crying. Kyuhyun thought as he watched Sungmin intently. The latter dabbed at the tip of his nose lightly, wiping away the last remnants of his crying. He looked like a small animal wiping its face clean.

After having walked to the elevator in tense silence for a good three minutes, Sungmin finally had enough. As they stood in the moving elevator, he attempted to start a conversation.

"So Kyuhyun, other than you, Donghae and Yesung, who else is part of the Resistance?" He asked, staring at his own reflection in the metal door in front of him. The ground underneath him trembled as the elevator moved downwards, slowing down as it reached its destination.

A small smile graced Kyuhyun's lips as he heard the other's determined voice. He glanced over at him before looking up in thought.

"There are quite a few of us actually; most of us being guys. There's Hyukjae, Donghae's boyfriend." Sungmin made a small noise of recognition at that, only having known Hyukjae by Donghae's pet name for him. "There's the cook, the designer, the designer's assistant, the scientist, the flame expert, the knives expert, the-"

"Wait a minute!" Sungmin exclaimed, hopping slightly in frustration. "Why aren't you telling me their names?" He asked, pouting as Kyuhyun simply smirked.

The elevator doors slid open, Kyu and Sungmin exiting its confines with contrasting expressions on their faces. They walked down a long hallway that ended with large double doors and two converging hallways leading opposite ways.

"Cause, they can introduce themselves." Kyuhyun replied with a shrug, the smirk on his face giving him away.

 

 

Sungmin pouted once again and trudged dejectedly after Kyuhyun as the younger led him towards the large double doors. As they got closer, Sungmin's ears picked up the sound of pots and pans smacking against each other and the hiss of sizzling food. Floating through the air and reaching Sungmin's nose, the smell of cooked meat teased Sungmin's senses.

His stomach growled, reminding him of how hungry he was earlier and still is.

Kyuhyun snickered beside him, causing Sungmin to look down in shame, cursing his stomach in his thoughts.

Reaching the doors, Kyuhyun pushed them open, walking in like he owned the place. Sungmin scuttled in quickly, the doors barely missing his arms. It was sometimes advantageous being small.

Sungmin looked around the area as Kyuhyun's sauntered over to a large marble island in the middle of the room. Spread across the island, numerous plates overflowing with food showed themselves to Sungmin. He instantly drooled at the sight, his stomach growling obnoxiously.

At his stomach's loud whine of hunger, a petite boy with an apron tied around his middle turned away from a pan on top of an oven. His features were soft and feminine, leaving Sungmin almost speechless at his beauty.

"Ah! Hi there newcomer!" He greeted cheerily, rounding the island and pouncing onto Sungmin's form.

"H-hello." Sungmin replied nervously, the boy's thin arms wrapping around his neck. The boy hopped slightly as he hugged Sungmin, casuing him to bounce along with him.

 

 

The small sound of a fake cough caught Sungmin's attention. He looked up, staring at the only other person in the room: Kyuhyun. He cocked his head to the side as he looked into the other's dark eyes, confused.

In response, Kyuhyun lifted his eyebrows, also seemingly confused. He shook his head, answering Sungmin's silent question of 'was it you?'.

Sungmin furrowed his brows in confusion, pouting slightly as he did so.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at Sungmin and firmly pointed behind the other, staring at someone behind him.

Sungmin lifted an eyebrow at him then complied, turning his head slightly in order to look behind him. He froze and his eyes widened slightly.

Behind him stood a clearly pissed off Yesung. His dark eyes were boring into Sungmin's, flaming with anger.

This was a completely different person from the calm general he had met a few minutes ago.

"H-hi Yesung." Sungmin stuttered, the other's killer aura making him shiver slightly.

"Hello." The older growled menacingly in response, grinding his teeth together as he stared straight into Sungmin's eyes.

At the sound of Yesung's voice, the boy clinging to Sungmin excitedly jumped away from him, a huge smile on his face. Without a word, he skipped around Sungmin's frozen form and softly tackled Yesung, squishing his cheek onto the older's broad chest.

"Yeye hyung~." The boy exclaimed happily, his thin arms looping around the older's waist, his dainty hands grasping the back of his shirt tightly.

Before Sungmin could even react, Yesung's angry features had softened and he lightly kissed the top of the boy's head. He hugged the boy close, a small smile replacing the earlier grimace on his face.

"Hi, Wookie." He whispered gently, his toned arms firmly placed around the other's petite waist. He buried his nose into the soft brown hair on the younger's head, a blissful expression on his half revealed face.

 

A sudden hand on Sungmin's shoulder made him jump and snap out of his reverie. He hadn't noticed that he was staring intently at the hugging duo, his lips unconsciously forming into a smile.

Sungmin looked back, staring at the owner of the hand. An immediate pout formed on his lips when he saw that it was in fact; Kyuhyun.

The latter noticed the change in his expression so he scoffed defiantly, rolling his eyes.

"What, so you really hate me that much?" He asked, snarling down at Sungmin.

Sungmin simply nodded, shrugging indifferently, "Pretty much." He said, grinning mockingly at the other.

Kyuhyun growled at him and turned away, huffing loudly.

On the outside, Kyuhyun remained stoic and stubborn but on the inside, his heart was aching.

 

 

I don't want to be hated... especially by him.

I... I don't know why though.

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------
HEY KIDDIES!

Forgive me! This took WAY too long to update! Mianhae~

 

I was just stuck with school, writer's block, and my two other stories. (this was me all week)

Yes, I started another story. *sigh* It's called Nine Tails, One Heart

 

If you wanna check it out, go here: (It's Jongkey btw. ^~^) http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/459100/nine-tails-one-heart-fantasy-fluff-jongkey-romance-shinee-

Do you guys like my new poster? It was made by deibaby03. HEHE

Please COMMENT and VOTE!

 

I'll update soon! BYE!

 \