Not Alone

Zombie Apocalypse

A loud moan made Sungmin look up in a panic. Opposite from him, about fifty feet away, stood a zombie. The un-dead creature was staring at him with its empty eyes; its chipped off nose wiggling slightly.


It had obviously smelled his blood.


! Sungmin thought, looking around at his surroundings, searching for a weapon of some kind. In the dim light of the alley, he only saw broken bottles and chips of glass. Taking a chance, he quickly reached down, snatching up a chipped bottle and slamming it against a dumpster in order to get sharp edges.


Nothing happened.

 

Really, plastic? Sungmin complained in his head, feeling like his life was even more in danger due to his little delay.


He looked up as he chucked the bottle away, his big eyes immediately locking onto the lumbering zombie. The zombie was currently and yelling, stumbling towards him. Its slow movements had sped up slightly as it had come closer to the source of the delicious smell of blood.


The zombie's loud and disruptive display had caught the attention of the other zombies. They had stared for a few seconds but then, some had been smart enough to take a whiff of the air. Once they sensed the scent of human blood, they joined the first zombie; their and yelling forming into a sickening chorus.


Sungmin was freaking out. He had never been in a situation like this. He had always been extra careful but, his little trip down memory lane had caused to forget what he was doing. To make matters worse, he had no weapons and he knew that he wouldn't be able to fight hand to hand combat with un-dead creatures that could rip his arm off like a chicken leg.


Currently, twenty zombies were stumbling towards him; their movements speeding up as they got closer.


Sungmin was screwed.


Six ing years of survival all down the drain because of one stupid mistake! Sungmin's inner voice growled, screaming at him for his blunder.


The zombies were closing in, two of them already having entered the confines of the alleyway.


Sungmin backed away in fear, bumping io against the back wall.


He was trapped.


He whimpered in fear, his back sliding down the brick wall as his knees gave out.


He huddled into a little ball, burying his face into his knees in an attempt at blending into the wall behind him.


I'm sorry Dad, I couldn't keep our promise. He whimpered in his head as a tear fell from his eye and slid onto his knee.


He could feel the zombies closing in on him; their horrible moans and growls reverberating in his head.


I'm so sorry. He thought, whimpering weakly in fear as the rancid breath of a zombie blew against his hair. It smelled like rotting flesh and death. The zombie was panting in hunger, its labored breathing striking even more fear into Sungmin.


Sungmin was expecting the skin on his body to be ripped off any second now but, before the zombie could lay a decaying finger on him, a loud gunshot was heard. The unwelcome feeling of the creature's breathing disappeared.

 

Soon after, the sounds of repetitive shots being fired and explosions being deployed surrounded him. His ears rang from the loud sound but, somehow he was able to identify zombies screaming bloody murder.


W-what? Sungmin wondered as strong gusts of winds and small bits of rubble hit his form. His hair whipped to and fro from the strong winds.

 


"Donghae! Stop being an idiot and just kill them!" A man's deep voice yelled above the explosions.


Sungmin froze. He slowly looked up and saw a man- a very human man- positioned in front of him, holding a large gun across his shoulders. The man's tall body was facing him while his head was looking over at where continuous explosions were occurring.


A... man. Sungmin thought in astonishment. He had believed that he was alone; the only human left.


"Weeeee! Die die DIE!" Another male voice giggled from a ways away from Sungmin. Sungmin tore his eyes away from the man in front of him and looked over to the general direction of the voice.


Out on the street was a large cloud of dust, a single figure standing in the middle of it, their arms flying; flinging grenades at zombies. Behind the figure was a long line of mangled bodies, all officially dead zombies. Their bodies were completely destroyed, their arms and heads seperated from their rotting bodies.


"Donghae! Stop playing, ! That's enough!" The man closest to Sungmin yelled, pulling his attention back to him.


"Aww you're no fun." The other grumbled. Sungmin didn't pay attention to him, he was too engrossed with the tall man in front of him.


Said man huffed once at his companion then looked down at Sungmin.


The man was incredibly handsome. Sungmin felt his heart skip a beat solely at the sight of the dark eyes staring straight into his.


"A-ah." Sungmin choked out, a stray tear from earlier falling down to his chin. He quickly wiped it away with his sleeve, hiding his face from the other.


"Follow me." The man said, his voice caressing Sungmin's mind.


Sungmin uncovered his face and looked up at the other with wide, hopeful eyes. He stood up slowly, the trembling in his legs disappearing. He wiped his cheek one last time then looked up at the other male with a relief filled smile on his lips. He nodded eagerly and stepped forward, signaling that he'd follow.


Sungmin was glad he wasn't the last human on Earth.


He was glad he wasn't alone.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------
HAI DER!

Soooo what do ya think? I tried to make this longer since the last chapter was pretty short. NO ONE JUDGE ME! IT IS JUST MY WRITING STYLE. *sulks*


Thank you to all of my subbies! You guys doubled overnight! Ahhh I feel accomplished. ^~^


Please vote and comment!


I'll update soon!


Bye my lovelies!