Joining the Resistance

Zombie Apocalypse

 

Sungmin stared into Kyuhyun's eyes, shocked with his words. If someone had only heard what he had said, it might have sounded simple; playful even. But, the look in his eyes changed it all. His eyes were dark and threatening, trained on Sungmin as he spoke.


Sungmin could feel his pulse quicken when he uttered those possessive words.

 


Kyuhyun had suddenly said what he thought, not thinking twice. He sat on the loveseat, his features still aloof. But, inside his head, he was screaming and yelling at himself.


Why did you say that, ?! His inner voice screamed. Now he probably thinks you like him!


B-but I don't! ... do I? Kyuhyun questioned, confusion suddenly clouding his dark orbs.


He stared over at Sungmin, his eyes glazed as he tried to figure out his own feelings.

 


Yesung stood in between Kyuhyun and Sungmin, noting that both of them had unfocused eyes.


He smiled to himself as a genius plan formed in his head.


He clapped his hands together in order to catch the other's attentions, straightening his back as he did so.


Sungmin and Kyuhyun snapped out of their reveries and looked over at Yesung; Kyuhyun looking bored as ever and Sungmin looking like a scared bunny.


Yesung smiled kindly at Sungmin, trying to put him at ease.


"Sungmin, would you like to join the Resistance?" He asked, looking at Sungmin expectantly.


"Resistance? What do you guys do?" Sungmin asked innocently, his imaginary bunny ears perking in question.


Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and placed his chin in the palm of his hand, his elbow propped up on the chair's arm.


"We kill zombies and we look for a cure." He said plainly, staring at Sungmin with his dark orbs.

 

Yesung nodded in agreement and gestured at Kyuhyun, as if silently telling Sungmin to listen to his words.


"Would you like to join?" Yesung asked again, his eyes twinkling in hope.

 


Behind him, Kyuhyun watched Sungmin intently, still trying to figure out what he thought of the small boy.


"But... I don't really know how to use weapons." Sungmin shyly said, wringing his hands together. "I only know how to fight hand-to-hand combat." He continued, looking up at Yesung through his lashes.


Yesung smiled kindly at him. "It's ok, I'll have someone teach you." He looked pointedly at Kyuhyun as Sungmin nodded.


Kyuhyun's eyes widened and his mouth fell open as he saw Yesung's gaze.


"Oh no! No no no. No. No no. No!" He said as he waved both hands at Yesung, refusal all over his face.


Yesung smirked at him then turned back to Sungmin, his eyes twinkling.


"Kyuhyun will teach you." He said, smirking even more when Kyuhyun began to protest even more.


"Yeye! You know how I don't like teaching people! And besides, he's way too weak to even lift a gun." Kyuhyun stated, getting up quickly from his seat and running to Yesung. He gave a furtive look at Sungmin then glared at Yesung.


Yesung simply grinned, teasing Kyuhyun silently.


"You're my best soldier, it would be the best for Sungmin." He said, tilting his head to the side innocently.


Kyuhyun grinded his teeth in irritation, glancing over at Sungmin who looked clueless. He looked over at Yesung once more then sighed in defeat.


"Fine." He huffed, his shoulders slumping.


"Great!" Yesung exclaimed, patting Kyuhyun on the head like a proud father.


Kyuhyun growled lowly and swatted his hand away, looking away as he puffed out his cheeks.

 


Sungmin giggled as he watched them interact, his eyes unconsciously focusing mostly on Kyuhyun.


Kyuhyun heard his laugh and looked over at him, their eyes making contact.


Both of their hearts beat faster and they immediately looked away, surprised and confused.


What's going on? Both asked themselves, their quickened pulses pounding in their eardrums.

 

 


---------------------------------------------------------
Hey.

 
Omg! Double digits for number of chapters! *celebrates*

 
Sorry it took me so long to update this! I'fe just gotten to the good part in O2VP? and I was focusing on it more.

 
Also, I didn't have any ideas on how to get the story moving... *looks away, ashamed*

 
Please VOTE and COMMENT! I'll give you one of the puppies down here!

 
I'll update soon! Bah now!