Well Hello

Zombie Apocalypse

Once lunch had ended, Sungmin hesitantly trailed after Kyuhyun; heading towards his gun training. As he passed by the leaving Resistance members, he waved meekly at those who bid him goodbye.

Ryeowook abandoned his apron, worriedly flitting around Sungmin; worried that the older was scared less of Kyu. But, Sungmin was fairing well and not trembling like a petrified Chihuahua; like he thought he would be. Ryeowook still continued pestering Sungmin, even when they had exited the kitchen and made their way into the hallway.

After having to put up with an annoying, giraffe-loving teenager for a little over five minutes, Kyuhyun snapped.

"I won't do anything to Bunny! God dammit hyung!" He barked like an angry dog, an annoyed vein popping out on his neck.

Ryeowook stared at him suspiciously, lifting an eyebrow at him in doubt, "You lie." He said bluntly, wagging a thin finger at him like a nagging mother. In turn, Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at his ridiculous actions and pulled Sungmin towards their destination by the arm, leaving Ryeowook behind.

"YAH! KYUHYUN, YOU BUTTHEAD!" Ryeowook shouted from behind them, childishly stomping his feet and puffing out his cheeks. Sungmin turned around slightly, waving slowly at him as if he was heading toward his death sentence. Ryeowook responded by dramatically reaching an arm out, spreading his fingers far apart to look as if he was trying to save him.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, continuing on ahead, pulling Sungmin's arm behind him. When he was sure that Ryeowook wasn't following them anymore, he hesitantly let go of Min's arm. He wiggled the fingers of the hand he used to hold Sungmin, trying to stop the overflowing heat that was invading that specific area. He led Min through the halls of the building, heading towards where they would start their marksman training.

He kept his burning hand at his side, biting his bottom lip conspicuously.

Behind Kyu, Sungmin suddenly become a blob of shyness. The heat on his arm made him hug it close to him, his big eyes blinking dumbly at the floor while watching Kyu's feet gracefully walk forward.

It was weird how Kyuhyun had such a huge impact on him. It may have just been the shock of meeting such a great number of survivors after so many years all at once that caused him to feel something strange, but with Kyu, it was different. Just a simple look from the dark-eyed boy made a shiver run down his back. During lunch, he had made eye contact with the other Resistance members but none had made him feel so... odd.

With blushing cheeks, Sungmin slowly realized what was happening to him. Though he wasn't completely sure, he knew that he was developing feelings for the younger boy; he just wasn't sure if the feelings were good or bad ones.

"Bunny, hurry up already." Kyuhyun's deep voice pulled Sungmin out of his reverie, making him whip his head up in surprise.

A few feet away from Min, Kyu was holding a wooden door open with one hand splayed on the smooth surface. Impatience was clear in his dark orbs; a hint of annoyance apparent in the way he snarled a bit.

Like a petrified rabbit, Sungmin skittered forward, awkwardly squeezing between the door frame and Kyu's muscular chest. He faltered a bit when a sudden musky scent invaded his senses, making his eyelids droop a bit and a shiver run down his back. Unconsciously, he leaned a bit closer to Kyuhyun, taking a deep breath. Catching himself before Kyu noticed, he basically tripped into the room.

Kyu smirked a bit behind him; he had obviously noticed Sungmin acting like a bloodhound. It was sort of hard not to miss the pretty boy taking a discreet whiff of his chest; not that he was complaining.

Sungmin looked around the room with curious eyes, his attention immediately being caught by the wall to his left. There were various types of guns mounted up on the wall, all looking shiny and menacing. They ranged from military styled guns to normal handguns that were all showcased in an easily accessible way. Beside the wide expanse of wall, a sort of bookcase was overflowing with ammunition. There were boxes upon boxes of varying bullets.

Kyuhyun let the door close with a satisfying click, sauntering over to the wall. He grabbed a normal and simple looking handgun, sliding the top back and letting it snap back into place. He held it up, pointing it towards the ceiling as his dark orbs slid to connect with Sungmin's.

"Ready to do some shootin'?" He asked, a smirk forming on his lips. He spun the gun by placing his middle finger in the trigger; spinning it carelessly while keeping eye contact with Min.

Sungmin blinked as a wave of fear crawled up from his toes. Before he could regret his decision, he nodded.

 


"God dammit!" Sungmin grumbled lowly, furrowing his eyebrows as his left hand went to massage his right one. The skin on his right hand was an angry red, blisters already forming from him holding a gun for the first time ever.

He had spent a total of three hours learning how to hold a gun, aim it correctly, and shoot. The entire time, he was trembling in fear, scared that he would hurt someone with such a lethal weapon. He wasn't used to it at all, and he didn't think he would ever become accustomed to the feeling of holding cold metal between his hands.

Right when Sungmin was losing his patience with the amount of times Kyuhyun kept laughing at his inability to use a weapon, Henry popped up. The young teenager told Kyu that Yesung needed to speak with him. And so, after three hours with the devil himself, Sungmin was finally allowed to leave.

"It hurts~" Sungmin whined, pouting to himself while he continued to massage his irritated hand. Preoccupied with his hand, he didn't realize that he was wandering aimlessly through the Resistance building. It was still his first day so he wasn't accustomed to the building's inner workings. Because of this, he didn't realize that he was heading down long hallways, walking towards an important area of the building.

"Yah, you're not a zambie, are ya?" A voice suddenly asked, startling Sungmin out of his reverie. He looked around, finally realizing that he was somewhere unfamiliar. He looked behind him, finding a man with short brown hair that was hanging over one of his eyes like a curtain. His thin legs were covered by a pair of tight leather pants, and he was wearing long grey shirt that went down to halfway down his thighs. There was a long necklace dangling from his neck, swinging a small stopwatch from it's end. His brown orbs were sharp, staring at Min curiously. He lifted a thin eyebrow at Sungmin, studying him closely.

"H-hi," Sungmin greeted nervously, turning around fully to face the man. "I'm Sungmin, I'm new here. I seem to be... lost." He awkwardly explained, pulling at the sleeves of his jacket in a nervous habit. The other stared at him for a few seconds, leaving silence hanging between them. His thin fingers went up to his chin, it softly as he thought.

"You're cute." He finally said, nodding appreciatively at Sungmin's bunny-like features. Min blushed in embarrassment, clutching his sleeves tightly, "I'm Heechul by the way. Since you're new, you should probably go meet Dubu." The man continued, smirking when he saw Min's blushing cheeks.

"Dubu?" Sungmin asked, tilting his head to the side in question. Heechul responded by coming closer and pinching his cheeks, while making noises you would make when speaking with a baby.

"Yes, Dubu. He's in the lab down the hall. When you see the double doors with a sign saying Laboratory over it, you're there. Just walk in and introduce yourself." He explained, letting go of Min's chubby cheeks which were now slightly red from the earlier teasing.

Sungmin nodded hesitantly, still trying to process Heechul's strange actions. He resembled Kyuhyun a little with the teasing.

"Oh come on now, don't look so scared." Heechul scolded, pouting jokingly at the other, "I don't bite... much." He grinned mischievously, sticking his tongue out at Min.

The latter spluttered in embarrassment, becoming flustered with the other man's boldness, "Uh... I... You- what?" Sungmin stuttered, becoming more confused than he really needed to be.

Heechul chuckled in amusement, patting Min's cheek with one hand, "Just go, you cute little bugger!" He said, pushing Sungmin lightly to the right to direct him towards the lab.

Min awkwardly scuttled off, blinking quickly while his cheeks burned. Heechul watched him go, chuckling to himself.

"Now, time to go play with my Geng!" He exclaimed, running off excitedly to the stairs that led to the roof, where his loyal-dog-of-a-boyfriend was waiting for him; most likely clumsily shooting zombies with his gun from the roof.

 

Sungmin stood before the laboratory doors, questioning whether he should really just walk in like Heechul had said. He puffed out his cheeks slightly, placing his hands on his hips; thinking it over for a bit.

Dubu... Who the hell would be called Dubu? He exclaimed in his head, sighing in defeat when his legs automatically moved forward to the double doors. Meekly, he pushed the doors open, peeking his head inside first as he slowly walked in. He blinked in astonishment when he saw the huge amount of beakers and cylinders that intermingled with each other, each shining in a different vibrant color as liquids sat in them.

Sungmin came into the large room, his eyes just as wide as his mouth; which hung open in amazement. He couldn’t tear his eyes away from the clear tubes connecting the beakers to each other, small drops of vibrant liquids dripping from one container to another smoothly.

Getting closer to a table where about ten glass flasks and cylinders were interconnected, Sungmin watched intently as a single blue drop slid along a swirling tube, falling into another flask that was half full with a red liquid. A few bubbles appeared then dissipated, forming once again when another drop of the blue liquid fell once more. Min leaned over a bit to be at eye level to the flask, watching like a little four year old kid.

“Waah.” He whispered, his big eyes shining with childish delight.

Suddenly, a pair of brown eyes popped up from the other side of the flask, looking bigger than they were supposed to due to the distortion of the glass.

Sungmin squeaked and practically flew backwards, flailing his arms in surprise. He tripped on his own feet, landing haphazardly onto his on the sleek floor. He panted, his heart going miles per hour as he tried to calm himself down.

“Oh, sorry, didn’t mean to surprise you.” A soft voice apologized, followed by the sound of clinking glass and slight movement.

A bespectacled man with shockingly blonde hair popped up from behind the table, blinking his eyes quickly. He was wringing his hands together, biting his bottom lip nervously.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry; I really didn’t think I would scare you! I’m sorry, I’m so so sor-” The man stuttered, awkwardly rounding the table; his foot bumping into one of the table’s legs, making a few flasks bump into each other.

“Stop apologizing already, I’m fine.” Sungmin sighed, getting up with a bit of difficulty. He stood up, dusting off his legs a bit; warding off the invisible dust.

"I'm sorry..." The man apologized meekly once more, one of his hands going up to his glasses to push them back up his nose.

Sungmin chuckled at the awkward man, shaking his head goodnaturedly, "It's alright. I'm Sungmin, you must be Dubu."

The man grimaced, scratching the back of his neck when he heard the dreaded nickname, "Well yes and no. Dubu is just a nickname. My name is actually Jinki; Lee Jinki."

"Nice to meet you, Jinki." Sungmin said with a smile, earning one from the other man, "What do you do for the Resistance?" He asked, tilting his head to the side in an unconcious habit.

Jinki blushed slightly, shoving his hands into his lab coat's pockets. His eyes shone behind his glasses, showing his excitement for his job.

"I... look for a cure."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


LOOK WHO IS AAAALIVE!

I'm not even gonna come up with a good excuse. I've literally just been so gosh darn lazy because of school. Meh.

Lol guys, I completely skipped over the shooting practice. HA. THIS GOD DAMN STORY IS MOVING TOO GOD DAMN SLOWLY.

I updated though so HA! 

Please COMMENT and VOTE

You know you wanna~ do it for this face~

OKAY SO I UPDATED SO BAI