Mission Card?

On Running Man Together

“Yeobo there’s a mission card!” You call out as you closed the door, walking back to the living room. As you sat down on the couch, Donghae emerged from the kitchen, donning a cute pink apron with ruffles. It was yours actually, but since he wanted to cook Pajeon (Korean pancake), you wouldn’t let him step into the kitchen without proper gear.  He carried a plate of the successfully cooked meal and sat down beside you, offering a piece. You gratefully accepted and after you swallowed, you beamed at him.

“Oppa!!!! It’s delicious!!!” You exclaimed as you grinned ear to ear, and his ears turned red as he smiled cutely and scratched the back of his head with his free hand.

“Thanks, yeobo.” He replied sheepishly as you accepted another piece from him and as you chewed happily you proceeded to opening the mission card. Donghae smiled. He loved watching you eat, and as he fed you another while you opened the mission card, he remembered how he had asked Ryeowook to help him cook it in the previous episode of WGM. After successfully surprising you after your photoshoot, you had asked to make it again and he was more than happy to.

“What does it say?” He asked, eating a piece himself.

“We’re both going to guest in the Running Man special.” You say as you show him the card, and read aloud one line from the card: “…Both of you will be featured in the Running Man special of Idol vs Idol….”

“That’s new,” he commented as you looked a bit anxious, biting into your lower lip. He observed your expression as he placed a piece at your lips, and you ate without thinking.

“Are you okay?” He asked as you looked at him and chuckled nervously.

“This is the hide and seek game right? I’m not that athletic so I was just a bit nervous…” You began as he chuckled and you frowned.

“Yah, this is not the time to make fun!” You said as you pouted and he held your hand reassuringly.

“Don’t worry, I’ll protect you. I won’t let anyone take your name tag.” He said as you looked at him, doubtful and he laughed to ease the tension.

“Relax, we’ll be on the same team, and I won’t let you go off on your own. Okay?”

You felt yourself relax a bit, and nod. Right, the both of you will be team mates. Nothing to worry about.

At least that’s what you both thought.