Decoy

On Running Man Together

 

"Hello?"

Yonghwa’s voice called out softly all of a sudden as you turned to the door. Nickhun opened the sliding door as Yonghwa came in, soon followed by Jo Kwon and Doo Joon. As soon as the team assembled, you all sat down in a circle as everyone’s brows furrowed, unsure of what to do next.

"We have to think of a plan and fast." Doo Joon said as you and the others nodded.

"What do we do?" You ask as everyone remained silent.

“We can always move now.” Minhyuk suggested when Yonghwa shook his head.

“He could be here in a few minutes. We might not be able to move out quietly, and we’ll all be caught at this rate.” He said as the rest nodded. “Eunhyuk’s a determined player, and if he calls his other team members, they can quickly get all of us eliminated.”

You looked down at the floor, getting more nervous as you shook your head. Now’s not the time to get scared. I need to help my team! You thought as you began racking your brain, thinking of ideas until Jo Kwon looked over to the wardrobe on the other side of the room and snapped his fingers. Everyone looked up at him, surprised, as he grinned.

"I have an idea!!"

 

Eunhyuk crouched down on the floor, hearing distant voices from the room nearby as he held the bells on his foot. Trying not to make a sound, he crept along the wall as he got closer, listening to their conversations.

"We have to leave now, he could be here any minute." He heard Nichkhun say as a few other voices joined in, agreeing with his suggestion. Eunhyuk immediately pressed the button on his walkie talkie, grinning from ear to ear that he had finally found where their queen was.

"Yah, I think I found them!" He whispered quickly in a hushed tone as the replies came.

“Okay!” Donghae said. “On my way.”

"I'll be right there hyung!!" Lay called.

"Arasso, good luck!" Minho replied. “Sulli and I will be going in a bit.”

Even though Donghae had told him that he was on his way, he was in fact, already there. He wasn't noticed by Eunhyuk, since he was by a wall on the other side. He decided that he won’t let anyone notice that he’s there, because he only had one thing in mind.

To get to you.

 

Meanwhile, Eunhyuk remained quiet nearby as he waited for someone to come out from the room. Of course, for him, the best plan of attack he could think of was that of surprise, and he was determined to get someone eliminated from the opposing team.

“Okay, don’t waste any more time. Go.” He heard Yonghwa say as the door opened, and Nickhun stepped out.  Not noticing that Eunhyuk was hiding behind the wall nearby, he signalled that the coast was clear. Doo Joon came out, followed by you. As soon as all three of you were going to walk away, Eunhyuk stepped out and smiled.

"Hello~" He said as Nichkhun immediately stood in front of you and gave a nervous laugh.

Crap! We’re caught!!

"A-ah!! H-hyung, hello," was all he said as Doo Joon was also in a defensive stance beside Nichkhun, in front of you. The two seemed to block you perfectly from view from Eunhyuk as they looked around, trying to find an escape route. As soon as Eunhyuk stepped forward, however, Doo Joon took this as his chance to attack and ran towards Eunhyuk, blocking his and view.

“GO NOW!” Doo Joon called out as you and Nichkhun nodded and was about to pull you to run away when Lay appeared and was running towards the two of you.

“LAY!” Eunhyuk called out as Doo Joon continued to try pushing him away, and Lay nodded.

“I’m on it, hyung!!” He replied as he began trying to reach for your name tag, when Nichkhun stepped in front of you, immediately struggling against Lay’s desperate attempts. A ripping sound was heard, and a voice boomed over the PA system.

Doo Joon, OUT.

“CRAP!” Doo Joon said as Eunhyuk held his name tag. Despite how exhausted he was, he clung onto Eunhyuk’s leg, trying to buy the two some time as Eunhyuk tried to get to Lay.

“You have to run now!” Nichkhun said to you as you tried to run from the struggle, but Lay had easily cornered you against the wall, making it even harder to escape without getting caught by Lay. When Lay finally gotten ahold of Nickhun's nametag, he immediately ripped it out.

Nickhun, OUT.

You managed to escape when Nichkhun's name tag got ripped, and before Nichkhun could stop Lay from getting to you, Eunhyuk held him back, while Doo Joon was still at his leg.

“GET HER LAY!” Eunhyuk called from behind as you tried to run with all your might, but before you could run farther (and running in that hanbok was quite difficult) Lay had grabbed your shoulder and spun you around. This was it. You were caught. You were going to lose. Your team was going to get eliminated.

That would've been so, if that were really you.

 

"EH? JO KWON-SSI?!" Lay said aloud.