Suprise!

On Running Man Together

"Surprise!!" Jo Kwon said as he held both his hands up and began to laugh. "Haha, bet you didn't see that coming, did you?”

Eunhyuk took a closer look as he realized why he didn't have a name tag at the back, when he noticed that he was wearing the hanbok that was provided by the palace over his uniform. He also realized that while you and Jo Kwon had short hair, his of course was shorter. He thought about why he couldn’t have recognized sooner, and that’s when it hit him. From when Nichkhun and Doo Joon stood in front to cover him, Doo Joon completely blocking his gaze as they ran away, to even Nichkhun standing in front of him when Lay was attacking. He was well-hidden until they caught him!

“So… you’re just a decoy?” Eunhyuk began as Nichkhun and Doo Joon fell on the floor and caught their breath.

“Wah, that was difficult!” Doo Joon exclaimed as he let go of Eunhyuk, and Nichkhun nodded.

“Good thing Kwon-hyung thought of this…” Nichkhun commented as the two nodded.

"Wah, hyung, he's wearing the hanbok on top of his guard outfit..." Lay said as he pointed towards his legs, showing the pants.

"Isn't that a bit warm?" Lay added as Jo Kwon laughed and nodded, fanning himself with a free hand. Eunhyuk however, held a stunned face of disbelief. His mouth was open, trying to comment on what to say but nothing came out. Instead he squatted on the floor and began to laugh his ‘ang-ang’ laugh.

"Smart, why didn't I notice!" He began to say as Jo Kwon began to pat his back.

"There, there, yeobo, you did well." He said in a high pitch voice, laughing along. All of a sudden, Eunhyuk turned around and gripped his arms strongly, surprising Nichkhun and Doo Joon.

“AH! HYUNG!” Nickhun said as he tried to pry of Eunhyuk’s arms and Doo Joon rushed over to help him as Jo Kwon struggled.

 "Lay quick quick!! Get his name tag!!" Eunhyuk yelled as Lay immediately ran over to the four. Lay wasn't sure on how to do that, since the hanbok was on top of his outfit.

"Yah, yeobo don't!!!" Jo Kwon continued to say in a high pitched voice as Nichkhun pulled his arm off, but Eunhyuk quickly held Jo Kwon’s arm once more. The countdown signalling the end of the round began as everyone panicked.

“LAY RIP IT OFF!”

“DON’T!!!”

“YEOBO!!!”

3...

"Mianhe hyung!!!" He yelled amidst Jo Kwon's girly voice, and Doo Joon, Nichkhun and Eunhyuk's yells as he dug his hand inside.

2...

He then felt the name tag and with all his might, ripped it out.

1. Jo Kwon, OUT.

“WAH!” Lay said as he immediately sat down on the floor, breathing heavily as the round came to a close. Eunhyuk let go of Jo Kwon as Nichkhun and Doo Joon sat on the floor as well, catching their breath.

“Good job… dongsaeng…” Eunhyuk managed to say as he looked at the three who were eliminated. “You guys too.”

“Man that was really a great decoy.” Lay said as the three nodded and thanked them.

“Thanks, good luck to you guys in the next round.” Doo Joon said as he helped Nichkhun and Jo Kwon stand up.

“Ah, hyung you’re going to leave that hanbok on?” Nichkhun asked as Jo Kwon shrugged.

“Eh. Might as well.”

 

You looked at the rest of your team as you three were the only ones left. While the chase was going on earlier, you three snuck out of the room to get away. When the round ended, you all stopped in the hallway as you heard that Nichkhun, Jo Kwon and Doo Joon were eliminated. You suddenly felt nervous. What will it be like in the next two rounds?

"Hey, are you okay?" You felt someone's hand hold your arm as you looked up and saw Minhyuk's worried expression.

"De oppa, I'm okay." You said as you tried to give your best smile. The last thing you wanted for them to know was that you were nervous. It seemed as if he wasn't buying it, however.

"Don't be nervous, we'll be fine." Yonghwa said as he patted your head and smiled. "Although it’s really a good thing you and Jo Kwon are the same height, it worked perfectly."

You laughed as you remembered that after Jo Kwon had put the hanbok on, you two stood beside each other and everyone was commenting that you both looked like sisters. Despite the decoy buying you three some time in escaping, you felt a bit nervous at how powerful the other team was.

"Still, most of the team were eliminated." You said, a bit worried. “Maybe we shouldn’t have had that decoy…”

"Its okay, they all agreed to play decoy anyway, as long as you're safe." Minhyuk said as the staff began tying the bells on your feet. “They knew that there was a chance that they’d be eliminated, but they still wanted to do it.”

“Now that it’s done, we have to focus on eliminating the members of the other team, okay?” Yonghwa said as you nodded.

That’s right, there’s no time to be worried. I need to help my team! You thought as the staff finished tying the bells and the countdown signalling the start of the next round began.

"Will you be okay with running with us? We'll have to get the other team now." Yonghwa asked as you nodded.

"De, I'm ready!!" You replied as the timer began to count down to signal your last round of eliminating the opposing team.

"Okay, hands in." Minhyuk said as you all put your hands together. You took steady breaths as the timer continued.

 3... 2... 1. Begin!

"Fighting!!!"