Running Away

On Running Man Together

"Wah, almost everyone's here!" Lee Joon commented as they were all sitting down on the floor pillows provided. Yunho, Minho, Kris and Lay were sitting on one side near the pink team flag while Lee Joon, Doo Joon, Yonghwa, Nickhun and Jo Kwon were on the other side by the blue team flag. This was where all the eliminated ones were gathered, and while the game was going on they spent their time here.

"The last round, and it's down to her, Sulli, Donghae, Minhyuk and Eunhyuk." Nichkhun counted as everyone nodded.

"I wonder if hyung found noona." Kris asked as everyone began to raise their heads, thinking about it when Yonghwa closed his eyes and nodded, catching everyone’s attention.

"He did." He said briefly as everyone reacted.

"Really???"

"Hyung did!?"

"Omo omo!!"

"But I got eliminated before I could see what happened next..." Yonghwa added quickly before the questions began to pile as everyone looked away, a bit disappointed.

"Might as well wait for Minhyuk, maybe he can tell us." Jo Kwon said as the others agreed, when the door opened.

"Annyeong~" Minhyuk said as he came in and sat down with his team, and the reactions erupted once more.

"Eh?! What are you doing here so soon?!"

"What happened?!"

"Eliminated already?!?"

“What about the others?!?!”

"Funny story, about that..." Minhyuk began as he smiled and  told them what happened.

 

As soon as Minhyuk let go of your hand, you looked at him with a grateful expression as he nodded. He was sure now, that Donghae was going to protect you. If he didn’t, he would’ve ripped off your name tag before he even reached you. He looked once more to him and inwardly smiled. That frown he held and the way he pulled you close—somehow he knew what his intentions were. Before he could leave, however, Eunhyuk had come around the corner, while holding Yonghwa's name tag.

"Oh? Hae you found her?" He said as he stopped. Noticing that he was holding your hand and pulling you closer, he tilted his head. “What’s going on?” He asked. He arrived at the conclusion that Donghae was in fact, not going to pull your name tag. As soon as he stepped forward, Minhyuk stood in front of him, instantly blocking his way.

"Go go!" He signalled as you stepped forward to help Minhyuk, but Donghae tugged on your hand, causing you to turn around to face him.

“Go.” Donghae said, ordering you to run.

"Oppa, wait!" You said, turning once more to face your team mate as Minhyuk began to yell.

"It's okay just go!" He said as Donghae went behind you gave you a light push, causing you to move forward.

"Go, I'll follow you, don't worry!" He said as you began to run. Looking back briefly while running, you saw Donghae thanking him quickly before running after you. Minhyuk just nodded at him despite Eunhyuk's yells filling the corridor as Donghae followed behind you.

"Haaaeeee!!!" Eunhyuk said as Minhyuk held him back.

"Mian, hyung!!" Minhyuk said as Eunhyuk looked back at the opposing team mate. Without wasting any more time, he began to reach for his name tag. Minhyuk tried to push him off, thinking he can buy you and Donghae some time before getting eliminated. In a matter of seconds, Eunhyuk finally reached for his name tag.

"Mianhe also!!" He replied, and with an abrupt pull, ripped his name tag.

Minhyuk, OUT.

Once Eunhyuk pulled away, he dropped his and Yonghwa’s name tags as he left a tired Minhyuk sitting on the floor.

“Good luck, princess!” He said to his walkie talkie as he took a deep breath.

 

With that, Minhyuk finished his story as everyone held a look of surprise. "Woaaahhh..." Lay said, stunned.

"So they ran away?" Lee Joon asked.

"Omo! Like in dramas." Minho said.

"Waaahhh a forbidden love!" Jo Kwon commented as Nichkhun laughed.

"So it's just her left?" Yunho said as Doo Joon began to count how many members were left in the team.

"Omo." Was all he said when they realized that everyone was there, except for the queen herself.

"Oh no, princess is all alone." Yonghwa said.

"Aww man..." Doo Joon said as the rest of the team began to worry.

"She's not alone." Minhyuk said as he smiled while everyone looked at him. "Hyung's with her. He'll protect her—he promised."