Confrontation

On Running Man Together

 

As soon as the elimination of Minho and the end of the round was announced, Yonghwa let go of Minho as they both sat on the floor, tired from what had happened. Meanwhile, Minhyuk was rubbing his back from the fall, still holding onto the name tag of Minho.

"Good job, Minho, you worked hard." Yonghwa said in between catching his breath as he patted his shoulder. It was a long struggle, and it had tired everyone nodded.

"You also, good job." He managed to say as he steadied his breathing and nodded.

"Sorry, about this." Minhyuk said as he waved Minho's name tag and Minho just shook his head.

"It's okay." He said as he stood up, noticing the signal from the staff to leave the area to go to the room where everyone else who was eliminated is. He gave a thumbs-up sign. "Good game!!"

After he left, the staff members were taking off the bells from Yonghwa and Minhyuk’s shoes. In preparation for the next round they were asked to stay in the same place and not wander too far. Yonghwa stood up, then walked over to help his dongsaeng up. Noticing that it was only both of them in the hallway, he looked around.

"Wait, dongsaeng, where is she?" Yonghwa suddenly asked as Minhyuk jerked his thumb, motioning to his back.

“She’s right behind me.” He looked up at Yonghwa’s look of disbelief as he turned around, and you weren't in sight. "Wha… but I told her to follow me..." He began as his eyes widened.

"Crap." Yonghwa muttered under his breath as he ran a hand through his hair. “Okay, as soon as this round starts, first thing is we look for her.”

“Right.”

 

During the chase after Minho, you tried with all your might to keep up with the two, but because you weren't as athletic, you couldn't follow them the whole way. You stopped to catch your breath, and when you looked up they weren't there anymore.

"Oh no..." You said as you shook your head. "I've lost them."

You began to jog, not exerting as much force as when you ran after the two but began to scold yourself. “Man, why are those guys are so athletic and fast? Then again… I’m really just slow…”

Your monologue was disrupted when the timer signalling the end of the round began as your eyes widened. If the round was to end while you were out and about, it would be easy for the other team to find you. Catching a room not so far, you ran inside and quietly closed the door as you and the camera man hid. Few moments later, when the round had ended, you heard Minho's elimination, and you pumped a fist. You softly congratulated Minhyuk and Yonghwa for their hard work as the staff took off the bell from your shoe. The next round was starting in a moment, and you were nervous.

"Oh no, oh no..." You mumbled as you placed a hand over your heart. "Just stay calm, they'll find you. Don't be nervous."

Don't be scared.

 

3, 2, 1... Begin!

Minhyuk and Yonghwa immediately ran, trying to find you as quickly as possible. They retraced their steps the same way they used from where Minhyuk ran with you. As soon as they took a turn at a corner, however, they saw Eunhyuk and Donghae running towards their way.

"Hyung!" Minhyuk said as you all stopped, and Eunhyuk laughed at the situation they were in. Everytime they find each other, it’d be amusing and funny, and while the two opposing team mates were surprised, so were Eunhyuk and Donghae.

"Well, this is surprising..." He voiced out as Yonghwa laughed as well.

"We meet again?" He said as Donghae nodded.

“Another wild goose chase, huh.” Donghae said as he chuckled and Minhyuk nodded.

“Let’s just do our best, yeah?” Minhyuk said as everyone nodded. While no one was making any moves to attack or run away, Donghae looked around. It’s supposed to be just the three of you left, but if only the two were here…

Where were you?

"Where is she?" He suddenly asked as Minhyuk and Yonghwa looked at each other before they shrugged.

"She was supposed to run after us when we chased Minho, but..." was all he said as Donghae pieced together that she couldn’t keep up, and was now lost.

“Donghae.” Eunhyuk called as Donghae nodded. He only said his name, yet Donghae knew that this was his signal for him to go and find her. Taking his chance, he tapped Eunhyuk’s shoulder as he spun on his heel and ran in the opposite direction.

“Minhyuk, go!” Yonghwa said as his dongsaeng nodded and ran as well, knowing that Donghae was going to look for her. Donghae didn’t think about where he could find you, but all that matters was that he got to you first.

Yeobo, I'm coming!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Sorry it’s late, but here’s a double chapter update for the wait :) thank you for subscribing and commenting, it really means a lot to me :D