A Close One and A Heart Attack

On Running Man Together

 

Donghae sighed. He finally found you, yet the round ended before he could get to you. Now that the new one has started and your team was in the offense, he went back to hiding. It wasn't a good time to show himself, because either Yonghwa or Minhyuk could eliminate him, and he did promise he'd protect you. He sighed at the thought of having to watch you from afar longer, but nodded after thinking it through.

I’ll have to go after her later.

Focusing his attention to the game, he watched as Eunhyuk and Lay went away to hide, and figured he should do the same until the end of this round. He covered his mouth as he hid a smile, thinking back to the intense plot twist that had occurred a while ago. Man, did Jo Kwon fool them.

Before he could step out from where he was hiding, he heard the signal of bells as Yonghwa moved past him without noticing that he was there. Donghae froze. As soon as his figure and the sound of bells ringing faded, he took a deep breath as he wiped his forehead.

"Wheeeeeeeewwwwww....." He let out softly as he placed a hand over his heart. Close one. He did not want that wild goose chase again, and for sure the last thing on his list was to get eliminated.

 

"I'll go and see if Eunhyuk and Lay are still there, maybe I can eliminate them already." Was what Yonghwa said as he ran off. "For the team!!"

On the other hand, you and Minhyuk decided to go in another direction in case the rest of the team was there.

"So it's just the three of us for our team, and then there it's Eunhyuk-oppa, Lay, Sulli, Minho-oppa and Hae-oppa." You began to count. With your fingers, and the ratio was 3:5. You pouted.

"You're such a worrywart." Minhyuk said as he laughed at your frown. "Sure, the ratio is to our disadvantage, but Yonghwa's a determined player. He'll make that equal." He said.

"Yeah?" You asked as he nodded.

"All his other Running Man shows were like that." He said as he thought about it. “Even in Let’s Go Dream Team. He’s really athletic and competitive.”

“Wah~” You began as the talkie-walkie crackled.

"Yah, have a little faith in me." Someone said as you both stopped and looked down at the walkie talkie.

"Ah oppa, mian!!" You said as you laughed. "Of course, I believe in you!"

"Thanks." Yonghwa briefly replied as he chuckled. "Call me if you need help okay?"

"De~" you and Minhyuk said together as you two began to walk again. While you were left to thinking how to eliminate the other members, your thoughts couldn’t help but go to Donghae. Where was he? Worse comes to worst, what will happen if you both had to eliminate each other? She shook her head, abruptly, surprising Minhyuk as you focused your attention once more to what was going on now.

 

Sometime later, as Yonghwa was walking around, he caught sight of Lay turning at the corner, trying to go unnoticed as he kept his attention to the right. Before he could face forward however, Yonghwa held his foot as he hopped towards a wall going unnoticed. Lay naively walked down the corridor, unaware that Yonghwa was waiting for him. Once he walked past him, Yonghwa spun around and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"AH!!!" Lay yelled as he quickly turned around and Yonghwa laughed. "H-Hyung!!!" He said as he tried to pull away but Yonghwa's grip was firm as he kept his smile. "Where did you come from?!!?"

"Haha I saw you walking this way so I hid." He said as he Lay looked at his foot.

"But, but there was no sound!!" He said as Yonghwa began reaching for his name tag. Lay looked up as he tried to get away, but Yonghwa was quicker.

"Ah hyung no noooooo!!!" He yelled aloud as he struggled against the grip of Yonghwa, but he couldn’t shake him off. Yonghwa finally caught hold of the name tag and ripped it off immediately.

Lay, OUT.

Yonghwa let go as Lay sat down on the floor, defeated from what had happened. How could he be so careless?

"Mianhe, dongsaeng!" Yonghwa said as he patted his back and ran along, leaving Lay looking utterly devastated.

"These games are going to be the end of me... I almost got a heart attack!" He finally commented while clutching his chest before getting up to go to the room where the rest were.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you all for your comments! :) with just you, Minhyuk, Yonghwa, Donghae, Eunhyuk, Sulli and Minho, what will happen next? exciting chapters to come (sorry if some were a bit boring D:). see you in the next chapter :)