Prequel

On Running Man Together

Made a side-story before the main one, so i hope you enjoy this too! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eating Together

The faint smell of beef stew filled the air as you listened to the continuous clicking of a keyboard. Your husband was seated on the dining table, checking away at the internet as you stirred the already cooked soup for the last time. After clicking the stove off, you felt someone lean on your shoulder.

“What’s for lunch?” Donghae asked. His chin leaned comfortably on your shoulder. You smiled to yourself, he was overly fond of doing that whenever you were doing something, and you’ve read somewhere he likes doing it to s too.

“Ah, beef stew, kimchi and steamed rice.” You replied and flashed him a smile, proceeding to take out a bowl from the cupboard as you set it on the counter. He was kind enough to lift the pan, helping you transfer the food. You both set it on the table and sat across each other, beginning to eat.

“Thanks for the food, yeobo.” He said as he took a bite off the beef and took a spoonful of rice, to which he gave a huge grin after swallowing. “It’s delicious!”

“I’m glad you like it.” You replied as he grinned. “The kimchi tastes good too!”

“Ryeowook wanted to cook it for you. He’s always talking about sending you food every now and then. He decided to make during our day-off.”

You smile. Ryeowook was always the one who sent lovely homemade food for the both of you. “I have to thank him properly. Maybe I can send him some kimbap? Hm… then I’d have to send the members food too.”

Donghae smiled, seeing you thinking deeply of what foods to make for the members. Super Junior wasn’t just a global idol group; they were also composed of more than your average number of men—who happen to eat a lot. He picked up a piece of kimchi, and with his chopsticks brought this close to your mouth.

“Jagi say ‘ah~!’” He said as you look up at him, surprised as your mouth hung open at his command and he popped in the piece. You laugh. As always your husband was sweet. “Don’t worry, if you need to make food, I’ll help you. Lord knows how much my team eats.”

“Thanks yeobo.” You say gratefully as you continued to eat your lunch. You and Donghae were the current couple on MBC’s We Got Married. You got married just recently, and it was around a week or so until the both of you moved into your home, where both of you were eating at this very moment.

“So how was your week?” You ask as you picked up a piece of meat, asking him to say ‘ah’ while bringing it closer to his mouth. He gratefully obliged, and after taking the piece of meat proceeded to tell you about his week. He had been doing promotions with Super Junior-M for their latest single Break Down, which you had bought and listened to endlessly. It was to support their group, and he was really happy that you came to their comebacks on Mnet! Countdown. You were going to say hello to the group members, but he had brought you away, surprising you with a lovely dinner in a nearby café.

“What about you?” He asked, this time taking another piece of kimchi. You stood up to get more kimchi, taking out a large tupperware from the fridge. Yes, Ryeowook sent that much. You added another silce from the roll he made and smiled. This was how meals would always be like together.

“I’ve had a few shoots here and there, and I got an endorsement contract for a ramyun brand.” You say as you smiled at him and he nodded.

“That’s great yeobo!” He said as he watched you walk back and set the new refill of kimchi to which he took a piece and fed you. “I’ve seen your model shots for High Cut too, you looked beautiful.”

Your cheeks flushed. From all the We Got Married husbands (you’ve watched a lot), he was the sweetest and most blunt. He always said how he felt, and it really seemed as if you were both really a married couple. He always looked out for you and as a wife you tried to do the same for him. Your efforts were always beat by his straight-forward words.

“Wah, you’re red!” He said as he covered his mouth with his hand holding the chopsticks, chuckling as you looked down and covered your face as you shook your head.

“A-ani!! The kimchi’s just spicy!!” You bluffed but he continued to laugh.

“But you like spicy things!”

“W-well…” You began as he pulled your hands away from your face and flashed his cute smile.

“Arasso, arasso, I won’t embarrass you anymore.” He said as you took your chopsticks and stuffed a piece of beef in his mouth quickly.

“Yah, eat!” You say aloud as you placed another piece, rather large, in his mouth and he had no choice but to accept.

“j--agi---mian--!!” He said inbetween the pieces you’d place in his mouth, and as you placed one last one, you began to laugh at his slightly puffed cheeks. After giving him water and allowing him to successfully swallow, you laughed, leaning over and wiping his mouth with tissue.

“Is it good?”

“Of course, jagi.”