On the Job

Guns And Promises

Another assignment. . .  I'll just get this over with. . .

 

 

 

Steakouts are my specialty. Waiting for my target really practices my patience. I can't really barge in with all those guards around him..

 

 

9pm and I'm in position. With my rifle... ONE STRIKE and JOB DONE.

 

 

 

" Happy Birthday sir Lim! Thanks for the treat! "

I see a man bow followed by bodyguards behind him exiting the building.. Must be his boss or something..

 

 

" A sure deal would really pay " the man chuckled as he gathered his men to his car..

 

 

 

 

 

 

He must be it. You're dead Mr. Lim

 

 

 

 

3

 

 

 

 

2

 

 

 

 

1

 

 

 

 

* BANG! *

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Mr. Lim! GUARDS! TAKE COVER! SPLIT THE AREA NOW! "

 

 

 

 

Look at all them chaotic down there.. I have to move out fast..

 

 

 

I gathered all my equipment and smoothly headed to the elevator. Putting on my cap disguising myself. I got to my car leaving the scene.

I drove past to where my target was shot to check everything.

 

 

 

 

" I'm done here " you said as you sped home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the porch you see an envelope

 

GOOD WORK. IT WAS NICE DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU.

 

 

 

 

You open it and see a check of money. He's a regular costumer. I don't really care as long as he does his part of the deal.

 

 

If not - - - Well.. You know what I mean.

 

 

 

 

 

In the bedroom you remembered something..

 

 

" I wonder how he is now.. "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

= FLASHBACK =

 

 

 

 

 

" Hey new kid.. Why are you crying? "

 

 

I remember a kid approached me holding out a batman handkerchief. I was crying because I missed my family. . . 

I got to this orphanage when policemen rescued me and took me away. . . Then I knew that I'm the only survivor.

 

- Grabs the handkerchief -  " Thanks. It's nothing really. " 

 

 

" Changmin by the way. Don't be sad. You're with me now " he said smiling

 

From that day on we became bastfriends 'till we're 15. One day, some ruthless men invaded our orphanage and took control.

GIrls were abused while we were trained to hold a gun. . but still held captives. We had a plan one night to escape.

 

 ( WHISPERS ) Shinyoung! It's time.. Wake up. Turn around. I'll untie your hands and remember the plan ok? " 

Changmin ordered and I obeyed as he said. We are on each other's backs trying to break free 'till one of the guards noticed us.

 

" HEY YOU TWO! " holding out his handgun towards us. 

 

NOW! " Changmin shouted and pushed me up. That was the que for everyone. All of us got up and went against the guards.

My job was to get the keys, open the gate and run away with the rest of us.

 

 

 

" Where do you think you're going kid? " One man jumped in front of me as I held the keys tight.

 

 " You know there's no way out " 

 

 

CLICK

 

 

His gun was ready.. The trigger would end my life in seconds.

 

 

 

 

 

 

* BANG! *

 

 

 

 

I was closing my eyes..

 

 

 

 

" I-I'm alive?! " I checked myself and to my surprise.. Changmin was hugging me. HE SAVED ME.

 

 

 

 " Wha? - - - " the man was down beaten up by the other tall kids.

 

 

 

" CHANGMIN! "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I knelt down Changmin in my hands tears racing down my face

 

" Yo-You did it buddy.. Our p-plan wo-worked "

 

" NO! YOU planned this.. I can still save you! "

 

 

 

 

 

 

He held my wrist tight, pulling me towards him 

 

" You have t-to go. I'm proud o-of you b-bro.. You'll always be Batman - oppa. The greatest one I've met... " 

 

- - -  He was gone

 

 

I closed my eyes. Ran to the gate and escaped.

 

 

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK =

 

 

 

I was holding his handkerchief.. I really miss him..

 

 

 

I kept my guns and my rifle back to the hidden compartment in my closet.

 

 

 

* RING * RING * RING *

 

 

 

" You received the envelope? "

 

" Yes sir. Thank you "

 

" I have another job for you. Open your email at exactly 8am tomorrow " --- The man hanged up

 

 

 

 

 

Another job I see. . . 

 

 

 

 

 

You the security and hid a handgun under your pillow.. JUST IN CASE. And dosed off.

 

 

 

 

7:30AM

 

" How are you Robin? What's heaven like? " you said as you put flowers on Changmin's grave

 

" Do you see my parents? How about Junsu? ( Your brother ) Tell them I miss them.. "

 

 

 

 

Geez.. Was I talking to myself just now? Now I feel lonely.. 

 

 

 

 

" I'll be going now. Thank you Robin " you said as you left.

 

 

 

 

You remembered the 8am email and start to read..

 

 

 

 

I WANT TO OFFER YOU A CONTRACT

I'LL BE PAYING YOU MONTHLY AS YOUR JOB LENGTHENS

REPORT SOON AS YOU CAN IF YOU'LL ACCEPT ---- A BODYGUARD DUTY